• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Star Wars Altaverse (OOC)

Sorry all, long day at work lol.

And I agree, that eye does seem a bit OP, but would only be so during a first encounter -- once someone is aware of the eye, there is no way for the bearer to know whether the opponent is deliberately showing weakness or not to draw them into a false sense of confidence. That being said, I am going to look over the CS's again and scan for OP elements. I agree, we don't want characters too OP, but at the same time, the point of the RP is to have fun telling a story. And since I plan to restrict writers from having their characters fight each other as to avoid player arguments, the only victims of any OP abilities will be enemies they control.

For instance, if I unleash a horde of enemies on our characters, I have no intention of controlling their actions beyond the initial encounter. I will always produce enough enemies so that each of you can take a few of them to be your opponents and write out your battles with the enemies. Let's say we face a group of Imperial soldiers. I might control the Imperial captain, but the troopers will be free game. Think of it as writing out a scene in a novel where you are describing both your actions and the actions of the enemies you are fighting. Sometimes there can also be co-op posts if two or more writers come up with a joint attack, like the Fastball Special with Wolverine and Colossus :D.

One thing I did notice was that multiple people have asked me if they could make Satele their master before the Empire, and I said no to each, but now someone else has actually posted it in their bio without checking with me. So, to deal with this I am abandoning the use of Satele and her son Theron as my characters. I will look through possible characters from Star Wars lore and pick a different person to fill Satele's roll in the main story.

Okay, I decided I will replace Satele's spot with Ahsoka Tano. Instead of a clinic, she works as a mechanic named Ashla and runs her own garage for small vehicles like speeders and podracers, and worked closely with Old Mho's Junk Shop. When the garage closes at night, she uses the open space to train Redd, and they live in a basement apartment below. On Udorrea, she goes by Ashla, and on the HoloNet, she uses the alias Fulcrum. I will update my CS over the next few days with more info.

Okay, I updated my character sheet. Once all starting characters have been posted I will start the IC. I want to have everyone's backstories established before I post so I don't step on anyone's toes. Also, Breezy, you need to edit your bio to change the part about Yoda training him in the Dark Side.

Malsuphur Malsuphur
Just a question, could I have had a previous kind of acquaintance/friendship with Ahsoka? Or would that ruin anything? 'Cause I feel like it is kind of inevitable that we have fought together a couple of times.

So, I assume you are throwing out pretty much the entire book of Dark Disciple. Just so you know, if you are indeed and intend for Vos to never have gone to the Dark Side and became "Admiral Enigma" for a short time, then that means Assaj Ventress is still alive

OnyxMule OnyxMule

So, as for the overall story, I'm thinking a series of Acts separated by time skips. This story will cover roughly ten years, from the start of our quest in 5 BBY, to the official declaration of Rebellion, to the Battle of Yavin in 0 BBY, up to the final conflict of the Galactic Civil War -- the Battle of Jakku in 5 ABY. At that point, the Spark of Rebellion rp will come to a close with an official ending. If there is still interest, a second rp will commence at that time to tell the story of the New Republic.

Act I starts on Udorrea and will end once we have established a primary rebel base on Tython. Following a two year time skip, Act II shows our rebellion has grown considerably and is much more organized. At the end, we officially declare rebellion from the Empire. Act III has another two year time skip, leading up until the Battle of Yavin and destruction of the Death Star. Act IV jumps ahead three years, starting with the Battle of Hoth. It will cover a years-worth of some of the most intense battles of the Civil War, ending with the Battle of Endor and the death of Palpatine, Vader, Luke, and most of the Dark Council. Leia is also left severely burnt and crippled after the battle, requiring her body to be rebuilt similar to Vader. Act V jumps ahead one year, where Leia has renamed herself Darth Sadowa, and serves as Empress of the remaining Imperial forces. Over a series of several months, the rebel forces choke out the last ditch efforts of the Empire, leading to their final defeat at the Battle of Jakku, leading to a complete Imperial surrender.

Since this RP will entail ten years worth of battles within the game world, by the end of it I will have probably grown burnt out of epic military conflicts. If we continue into a second rp, in that one I would likely want to keep combat to small skirmishes and avoid large scale wars for a while. This will also be around the time Redd is growing the Order of Grey Sentinels as a larger organization to replace the Jedi Order.

I'm thinking ill go with my Tie Pilot concept. The other character will appear later when the rebellion is established.

So, I assume you are throwing out pretty much the entire book of Dark Disciple. Just so you know, if you are indeed and intend for Vos to never have gone to the Dark Side and became "Admiral Enigma" for a short time, then that means Assaj Ventress is still alive

OnyxMule OnyxMule
Not at all really... In fact, my character only follows Vos during his time on Kashyyyk after Order 66. Since Secura is my character's master, her story post Battle of Geonosis is the one that my character will intertwine with the most with. I'm absolutely thinking that Vos did go over to the Dark Side, as well as Secura. I'm even thinking that my character would have been forced to hold his own against Quinlan on one occasion. Though I wouldn't mind Ventress being alive, I don't intend on majorly altering any story, but rather include my own character in the events.

Last edited:
Also, just so everyone is aware, I have different plans for Alderaan and House Organa than what happened originally. Redd's real father hails from House Organa and was an esteemed professor at the University of Alderaan in the planet's capital city of Aldera. After his wife and kids died in a Separatist attack during the Clone Wars, the professor was a broken man, devolving into a drunken spice addict who spent a number of years frequenting clubs and brothels on dozens of Outer Rim worlds. One of these encounters with a beautiful young prostitute on Udorrea led to the birth of Redd Gharrow, though no one had any idea who the father was and the professor was long gone before the young woman knew she was pregnant.

Eventually, Professor Organa met up with his cousin, Bail Organa, and joined the rebellion under the alias Doctor Godera. Later on he'll meet our characters.

Also, someone messaged me and asked about using Tython, and I decided to share my response here so everyone can see:

Tython was the homeworld of the Jedi Order, and due to its location in the Deep Core, hyperlanes to it are not permanent. In my version of events, when the Jedi Order first migrated to Ossus, they kept the location of Tython a secret so they could go back there if need be without enemies finding them. Centuries later when the Jedi Order joined the forming Republic, Tython was never added to the official star maps. Its location was not included in the Jedi Archives, instead it was concealed within the Grand Master's Holocron. This is a single holocron that was passed to each Grand Master of the Jedi Order, and only they were privy to its knowledge. Usually each Grand Master would pick a remote world somewhere to hide the Holocron, returning there periodically to add new information on events and perspectives. If a Grand Master died, their Force Ghost would lead their successor to the Holocron.

Currently, that Holocron is with Yoda on Dagobah, and so the Empire has no idea Tython even exists. The public timeline in the Jedi Archives lists the Order as being founded on Ossus. Our team visits Yoda at some point and he chooses Rahm Kota as the new Grand Master, giving him the Holocron that includes the lost star map. However, knowing the location of Tython is only the first step. Since hyperlanes there haven't been used in many thousands of years, new hyperlanes will need to be charted. Due to the mass congregation of stars, planets, and black holes in the Deep Core and their unpredictable orbit around the Supermassive Black Hole in the Core itself, a path that was safe in the past will likely be unsafe today.

Once we decide to go to Tython, our rebel cell takes the name Spider Squadron, as we basically are hiding behind the walls of the Empire to strike from within.

So, how do you guys plan your first post to start out? Personally, Eron is probably going to get off a ship, disguised as a smuggler. He will most probably find himself making business in a cantina.

EPOC completing an extermination mission for a Hutt. it could be BlightGiver BlightGiver Skuncho

Whilst still a scummy, greedy, walking the fine line of legality sort of Hutt, Skuncho isn't one for extermination missions. His (arguably illegitimate) business practices tend to follow and stretch the rules, with no need for bounty hunters or other third party involvement. Interesting thought experiment, though.

Whilst still a scummy, greedy, walking the fine line of legality sort of Hutt, Skuncho isn't one for extermination missions. His (arguably illegitimate) business practices tend to follow and stretch the rules, with no need for bounty hunters or other third party involvement. Interesting thought experiment, though.
And if ruins he wanted to loot were infested with Krath Hounds? EPOC doesn't discriminate by sentience when it comes to slaughtering organics and a job is a job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back