• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Star Wars: A New Order

Segue

The Galactic
It is 19 BBY, and the Clone Wars are over.

full

With the secessionist rebels driven back into their outer rim strongholds, it seemed it would only be a matter of time until the Grand Army of the Republic put an end to the violence once and for all, restoring peace and democracy across the galaxy. Unfortunately that was not to be; plotting in secret, the Jedi had maneuvered themselves into a position of power within both the army and the Republic itself.

Manufacturing reports of a conspiracy, a team of their elite killers attempted to assassinate the Supreme Chancellor and seize power for themselves. This attack was barely thwarted, and as shockwaves rocked the populated worlds, the gravely injured Chancellor moved decisively against the plot before it could emerge into a new civil war. Loyal clone troopers across the galaxy were directed to remove these threats by lethal force if necessary.

full

These troubled times clearly required a strong leadership, one that would not fall into the very errors that had led to this violence. Yesterday a New Order was declared and the Supreme Chancellor became the first Emperor of a Galactic Empire spanning a thousand thousand stars and uncounted billions of souls. But a new order is not born overnight, nor is it a quick or clean transition.

In the Erehwon Subsector of the Galactic North East, the 97th Assault Corps was engaged in clearing the last Separatist strongholds in the Tikhin Va system. With the turmoil of the coup attempt and the execution of Order 66, the offensive collapsed and the commanders pulled back to regroup. Now the subsector hangs in the balance as the Galactic Empire reaches out to secure all eleven systems for its own. With Separatists, Clone Troopers, corporations and criminals jockeying for power, who will stand for the innocents just trying to live their lives in peace? And with the Galaxy turned against them, where can the surviving Jedi and their allies turn for safety?

Roleplay

The group is aimed at 4-5 player characters comprising the younger Jedi/Padawans with the Jedi General when Order 66 was initiated, and their non-Jedi allies. The player group will start on or near the battlefields of Tikhin Va under direct threat of their lives. How they adapt to the changing state of the Galaxy - to hide from, fight or find some way to work with the rising Empire - is entirely up to them and their response to the unfolding plot.

This will not be a story of invincible heroes wading through an endless tide of mindless foes. This is a story of lesser men and women doing the best they can in a flawed universe. Not every enemy can be defeated through head on confrontation, or maybe even at all.

The preferred post length is "2+ paragraphs", though this can obviously be scaled for activity levels or if a particularly intense conversation is under way.

Not everyone who shows interest will necessarily be accepted into the roleplay as there's a firm limit to the number of characters I want to run this for. I'm also looking for a cohesive group who are in this for the long term, so I may make a decision based purely on compatible approaches to play. Finally, no more than two player characters will be Jedi of any caliber and this story could work well with none.

Once we have at least four people interested in doing this, I will put up the character sheet thread.

Let's make this happen!

HK Fifty HK Fifty Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna DoughGuy DoughGuy

Oh , I'm very interested. Very very interested. Count me in!

I think I may let others take the Jedi spots , however - I've always had a fondness for the non-gifted of the Galaxy , myself.

Well well well, what do we have here? *sits in a chair backwards* I'll throw my hat in this group.

What an amazing outpouring of support!

Thank you all for expressing your interest, I will get my butt in gear and get a character sheet thread up later today (my time).

I will link it back here and tag everyone who has expressed interest.

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford - All spots are still open, I'll pick max five characters from the CS thread after people have had a reasonable chance to apply.

Field Marshall Field Marshall - I think the Matukai are fairly isolated from the Jedi at this stage, but I'd be interested in seeing why one would have been fighting alongside a Jedi General and the GAR. Alternatively a Mandalorian could be a good pitch, and might make for an interesting dynamic with the cloned Mandalorians.

What an amazing outpouring of support!

Thank you all for expressing your interest, I will get my butt in gear and get a character sheet thread up later today (my time).

I will link it back here and tag everyone who has expressed interest.

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford - All spots are still open, I'll pick max five characters from the CS thread after people have had a reasonable chance to apply.

Field Marshall Field Marshall - I think the Matukai are fairly isolated from the Jedi at this stage, but I'd be interested in seeing why one would have been fighting alongside a Jedi General and the GAR. Alternatively a Mandalorian could be a good pitch, and might make for an interesting dynamic with the cloned Mandalorians.
Actually I am going to have to pass not for the your reply to my ideas, something else a little important than that

The Character Sheet thread is now up here: SW:ANO - Character Sheets

Everyone who has expressed interest in this thread should have been tagged there, but if I've mangled the tags again then I apologize in advance.

If you've only found us now and you're still interested in making a character, please do follow the link and write something up.

As of the latest edit to this post, we have 5 free spots of 4-5.

Could I create a Republic Intelligence Agent who defects from the New Order to assist the Jedi's. I was thinking it's because after looking over all the details of the chaos things didn't correctly add up and just because a random seizing of power on the basis of a failed "assassination" seemed to knock things out of balance disproportionately in their eyes? Just want to know if the character concept would be allowed.

The Omen of Death The Omen of Death it's an interesting concept and one I'd allow. The key point is that we're starting right after Order 66 so your agent would need to decide where their loyalties lie in the heat of the moment. Doesn't preclude their having second thoughts about it later of course.

The Omen of Death The Omen of Death it's an interesting concept and one I'd allow. The key point is that we're starting right after Order 66 so your agent would need to decide where their loyalties lie in the heat of the moment. Doesn't preclude their having second thoughts about it later of course.
So should the character make the decision in the early parts of the RP or will their alliegance to the Jedi survivors be determined from the get go and are with the group?

So should the character make the decision in the early parts of the RP or will their alliegance to the Jedi survivors be determined from the get go and are with the group?

They need a reason to be with the survivors (Jedi and otherwise) at the start of the RP. That can be personal allegiance though, with the rest to follow as a broader picture emerges.

They need a reason to be with the survivors (Jedi and otherwise) at the start of the RP. That can be personal allegiance though, with the rest to follow as a broader picture emerges.
Ok that should be enough info to make the character now. Ik that I am not guaranteed to get in considering this is not a first come first serve RP but I hope to get in and even if the character does not please note I am still happy for the experience.

Welcome to the interest check!

I'll be very interested in seeing your concept in the CS thread, when you have the time to write it out.

There's no rush - I won't start selecting characters for the group until Tuesday so everyone has time to think out their characters.

Final call, Fugitives from Imperial Justice!

If you haven't created a character sheet yet and you'd like to, please go to the linked thread above and share your creativity with us.

I'll start filling places tomorrow (at least 24 hours from the time of this post) and then we can get this show on the road.

Yes, I gave it a little more time to see if anyone else was going to join us (including at least one person who said they were definitely writing up a CS) but I'm inclined to go with the group we have now.

I'll get the OOC up in the next day or so, and the IC will follow close behind.

Yes, I gave it a little more time to see if anyone else was going to join us (including at least one person who said they were definitely writing up a CS) but I'm inclined to go with the group we have now.

I'll get the OOC up in the next day or so, and the IC will follow close behind.
Ok thanks for the update! I was getting a little concerned since I saw no new updates or replies or anything. Heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back