• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Star Trek: Vigilance (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I've had one pair of speakers for eight years, and they're finally starting to die, a protracted chirping death, until soon they will blow out. These logitech speakers were not high end, but they were pretty damn good. Not great bass, but for my uses, they were extraordinary. They've been a permanent part of desks, TV sets, and great jam seshs for half of my life and now they're slowly dying away. They're just normal-ass speakers that I can get new for ten bucks, but I am feeling like a wash of super heavy emotions that I have no concept nor logical explation for. It's like a childhood friend you barely remembered was there moving away. I might be like really contact high from a party but the connection between man and cheap hardware is so much more than I ever expected.

Oh, also, I lost the key on my keyboard for the number one, so no exclamation marks or numerical values in my posts until further notice.

I still live! I guess I am suffering through lack of motivation? Maybe due to the low motivation from others? :D

I am here, still not getting any damn updates from neither this nor the IC thread.
And also horribly uninspired and dying of daily toothache.

I thought I made a post on the OOC a few days ago, but it didn't post, so

I've been doing this thing with Jack I usually don't do in RPing, where I've just sorta posted the very first thing that comes to mind and then rectifying and responding to that with Jack. For example, standing up to greet Savir only for her to realize he's in the middle of a conversation. I feel like it's given Jack the kind of spontaneity I was hoping for with her, but I feel like a lot of her actions are just sorta pointless, they force her to be the focus of a beat, and don't usually give much good stuff to respond to and react off of. I felt that especially with my last post. There was a sincere idea of what she would do, but in the context of a story and especially in an RP, I felt like it didn't really work and shattered the flow of the scene. What do you guys think?

I thought I made a post on the OOC a few days ago, but it didn't post, so

I've been doing this thing with Jack I usually don't do in RPing, where I've just sorta posted the very first thing that comes to mind and then rectifying and responding to that with Jack. For example, standing up to greet Savir only for her to realize he's in the middle of a conversation. I feel like it's given Jack the kind of spontaneity I was hoping for with her, but I feel like a lot of her actions are just sorta pointless, they force her to be the focus of a beat, and don't usually give much good stuff to respond to and react off of. I felt that especially with my last post. There was a sincere idea of what she would do, but in the context of a story and especially in an RP, I felt like it didn't really work and shattered the flow of the scene. What do you guys think?

I think it was great, I had a good laugh at the cut. :) Also it doesn't seem to me you can mess up the flow of the game, because with all the other crazies, Jack is still pretty normal. As long as you don't undermind the game when everyone's life is in danger, it is perfectly OK if a character acts according to their nature. We can't all be Vulcan.

I think it was great, I had a good laugh at the cut. :) Also it doesn't seem to me you can mess up the flow of the game, because with all the other crazies, Jack is still pretty normal. As long as you don't undermind the game when everyone's life is in danger, it is perfectly OK if a character acts according to their nature. We can't all be Vulcan.

But I didn't add much to the scene, really. All that happened was Jack stood up and got embarassed. I don't see much to react with, and it really only serves to slow down the plot even more.

And I've finished my colossal project as of today. Whew. Sorry for being so absent. Sanity should be returning in short order. :)

And I've finished my colossal project as of today. Whew. Sorry for being so absent. Sanity should be returning in short order. :)

No worries!

Anyway, do you guys want me to timeskip forward? I'm thinking I can group you guys up with senior officers who you're supposed to work with. I'm thinking it could be hours before reaching the badlands.

Depends on what and how you're interested in running this. I imagine for the moment we're all splitting up and going our own way. Are you wanting to handle NPCs and separate stories for each for a while or would you rather move to story posts that affect the whole group?

Up to you! I'm having fun either way. :)

SHIIIIT! Guys I stopped getting notifications from this thread AS WELL! I literally just came here to check why are you all silent.

Opinions:
1) Yes, let us push the game forwards. We do not have to, as a group, play out every single minute! We can absolutely move on to the next scene.

2) I would also like to adress "NPCs and separate stories for each" as Emily says. I can see that some of us may want to do a particular thing or talk to a particular person. Or perhaps sometimes you as DM will have an idea for just one of us, or each of us, apart from the group! How are we going to deal with this?
a) Is it something youre not interested in at all and we will focus on group action?
b) Will we mention to each other if such occasion arises and play it out here?
c) Will we play it out separately, for instance in PMs, and then post it in main thread as a whole without holding others up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back