Star City

Liam sighs, putting a hand on his chin. "I never write sappy stuff. I'm not that... attached to people." He looked at his phone, taking it and putting it in his pocket. "Between me, Sky and Jenna, there wasn't enough of us to go around. Some of these wounds, I don't even remember how I got them..." Liam stared in space, as if having a flashback. Shaking his head, as dizzy as he was, he fell back on his couch.

"Talking about beds. I only have one. That would be kind of awkward if you ask me." He turned his head at her, smiling and then blowing a raspberry. He tucked at his shirt to pull it down, looking at the bottles of beer in front of him. "My god. Did I drink that muh?" He points at the bottles, being dragged by Kary.

@NecroKnight

@AnnoDomini

"Well. I process almost everything, since getting drunk would not suit my purpose. So, yeah. You mostly drunk that stuff," she spoke, dragging him over to his nearest bed. "And why would be awkward for me? I don't understand the quirkyness of having a male and a female sleeping in the same bed."

"It's no worry at that. IF you want to snuggle, I can agree to that," she added, soon depositing him onto the bed. Heading into the living room and cleaning up - before returning to his room at that. "You do know there are medical possibilities, to help healing those scars."

"I'm not a cuddler or snuggler. But if you don't find it weird." As soon as he hit the bed, he let out a cute moan and grabbed his pillow, drifting off to sleep right away. He wasn't even conscious when Kary came back. His dream already started. Suddenly, he was back in the desert, under heavy fire. 'Come on Blondie! Put some suppressing fire on them!' It was the voice from before, but Liam didn't realize it. He looked at his tag, but couldn't understand the name.

Liam complied, as he started to shoot a machine gun he had. A bullet hits his shoulder as he groans. Rolling over, he pulls out some small prongs and pulls out the bullet, the wound starting already to heal. 'That's the spirit!' He yelled, patting Liam's helmet. It made him smile in his dream, but in real life too. Rolling back to his position, he fires a few more rounds before hugging the wall next to him.

He had an idea. A crazy one, but a possible one. He nodded at the guy, before making a run for it. 'You crazy mothe- Covering fire!' Liam ran through the field, shooting when he could. Jumping onto an enemy, he started to beat him, before using his weapon to shoot the others. But, as soon as he looked down, he saw one of the enemy's grenade had its pin pulled. Kicking the corpse over, he covered himself, as the explosion went off.

Liam let out a yell, waking up in a cold sweat, breathing heavily. The hangover soon took its effects, making his head hurt. Putting a hand on his head, he breaths heavily. That memory didn't seem natural to him. Like it was implanted there. But he could remember being there. All those questions made his head hurt even more, landing back on the bed, cleaning the sweat from his face. Looking on the table next to him, he pondered taking something he hadn't in a long time.

@NecroKnight

@AnnoDomini

Kary for her part had been busy behind her touchpad at that, surfing the internet at that. Namely while watching over Star City - she had slowly started looking through files associated with him. Namely about the fightings, villains and people had usually worked with. While it would likely be other masked heroes, which she didn't have much access to - it helped to get a clearer picture on the guy, whom looked a few days away from simply collapsing from exhaustion.

She was then surprised - when he awoke with a yell at that, and obvious groaning and disorienting appearance at that of him. He looked confused and tired at that. She reached out with his hand, her soft hand touching his forehead at that. "Hey, hey. Didn't sleep well at that?" she asked, trying to relieve his hangover and likely bad dream.

"If you have any issues, talk to me then. I am a good listener," she added.

Liam looked at Kary his eyes bloodshot and looking almost crazed. Shaking his head, he turned back to normal, although his eyes still kept a little of that reddish color. "...This is why I chose not to sleep sometimes... Keeping your mind occupied represses some memories..." Liam says, sighing. "... I know it's a stupid question... But do you know that feeling when you want to remember something, but can't?"

His hand went to hers, pulling it slowly from his forehead. "I usually take sleeping pills. They knock you out like a rock." He reaches for the counter, opening a drawer. He takes out a small bottle, showing it to Kary. "Can you get me a glass of water?"

@NecroKnight

"Not really. In a human way. I do understand the principle though. Your mind has either selected to ignore that to defend against further damage - or that somebody has intentionally made it so, that you have much difficulty remembering it. Neither ideal is good - since either you survived something serious or were forced to see something unimaginable."

"Those things aren't good for your body at that," she spoke. "It avoids the usual problems, that are afflicting you. I got something better." She spoke that, by taking the pill bottle and giving the ingredients a scan over - shaking her head with a sigh. "You don't need a cyborg, telling you half the stuff from this are bad."

"I got an alternative for that," said Kary, heading to the kitchen and taking the pill bottle along with her. She returned three minutes later - carrying a glass of what looked to be orange juice. "Relax. It's orange juice, with some added other natural ingredients. It's the same as your pills, only more natural and less harmful on your body at that. Old Chinese recipe, that is supposed to help your body and mind rest."

"The good thing about having a robot mind, is that all that numerical and data crunching is very, very efficient and accurate," she smiled, giving him the orange drink. "Now drink up and sweet dreams."

@AnnoDomini

Liam raised an eyebrow, looking at Kary going out with his bottle. "Not fair! I got a prescription for that!" After yelling he felt the headache again, groaning and falling down on the bed, letting out a sigh. "Now I know what Sky felt every morning." When Kary walked into the room, he looked at her, grabbing the glass. "...If this is going to kill me, I'll haunt you." Letting out a smile, he began to drink it, feeling much more calmer, his muscles relaxing.

Putting the glass on the counter, he turns on the other side, letting out a sigh. "...Thanks Kary..." Liam manages to say, drifting off to sleep as the effects started to take place. He didn't dream, but it was the least Liam could ask for.

@NecroKnight

@AnnoDomini

Kary smiled at that, once he had fallen asleep at that. Sometimes it helped being a mobile logbook at that, she could easily recall useful stuff at that. She kept playing behind her touchpad at that, catching bad-guys without even once leaving the room at that. It was so easy, since nobody much expected a superhero to be one, behind that camera or car-vid or watching via the ad.

After doing enough work, and satisfied that the police could handle it tonight - she yawned at that herself. A human trait she had picked up slowly. Before she set herself into sleep-mode at that - while also crawling upto Liam at that.

"Good night...Red..." she giggled, before she 'fell asleep' too.

-The next morning-

Waiking up, Liam let out a yawn, stretching his arms. Blinking a few times, he used his hand to block the light of the sun comming through the window, letting out a groan. Something felt weird, as if someone was next to him. His eyes drifted around him, spotting Kary next to him. Liam jumped up a little, not being used with people sleeping next to him. Eventually, he remembered, putting a hand on his right pectoral, letting out a sigh. "So this is what Sky wakes up to everytime." He did his best to get out of bed without waking up Kary. Dragging his feet to the bathroom to do his morning routine, Liam's body felt stiff. Maybe because of the tea.

Once at the bathroom, he looked at himself in the mirror. His beard began to show, even if it was still short hairs that could barely be noticed, Liam felt not good about it. Taking a small razor he had around, he began to work on cutting it. Washing his face at the end, he smiled while looking at his now clean face in the mirror. "At least it doesn't itch anymore." Liam then went on to do the rest of his 'grooming', eventually tying his hair in a small ponytail at the back. Exiting the bathroom, he goes to the kitchen, starting to make a cup of coffee. Leaving the coffee to be made, Liam made his way to the living room.

Once there, he started to do some stretches and some warm-up moves, to get his muscles up and ready for anything. The TV was open and to a music chanell, to relax himself. Something he had learned from Skylar was that 'fighting sometimes requires harmony and balance. Flow like a river, moves in rhytm. That's what a great fighter taught me.' . Liam was not sure who this fighter was, but he/she was a very good fighter if they could teach Sky this lesson. The moves Liam used was a combination of Krav Maga, Muay Thai and Hapkido, each taught by Skylar. "I should really meet his teacher some-day."

@NecroKnight

-Skylar and Jenna's ride home-

Skylar went out of Jess's apartment, holding the door open for Jenna. His personality sure changed, as he didn't seem as mad with Jenna like he used to. "Come on Jen. I think Liam is worried that we killed each other." He let out a small laugh, going to the car. Jenna didn't look so good. The jacket she wore swallowed her frame, the last few weeks of work burned every bit of weight she had off her. From work, to fighting and even keeping up her straining bond with Grimora was wreaking havoc on her. But she still looked like a doll. Her skin was smooth as porcelain with a faint blush under her cheek bones. Bright blue eyes sparkled in a dull and dying haze. 

"Right. um, thanks." She nervously says as she goes through the door Skylar held for her. Sodom slinks along as well, sitting by the back seat of the car. Getting inside, Sky put his seat belt on, starting the car. As he started to drive towards Star City, he looked at his phone, calling Liam and putting it on speaker. It rang, until the voicemail came through. "Liam, it's Sky. We'll be back in a few hours. How are you and Ghost holding up? Call me as soon as possible." Looking still in front, he closed the call with one hand. He was a good marksman, so hitting a red button was easy for him.

Throwing an eye at Jenna, he sighed. "Listen, Jenna... I'm sorry." Jenna had the seat reclined all the way back, no seat belt on and laid on her side with her eyes closed. Sodom was laid across the back seat, licking his left front paw. When jenna sat real still like that, it was almost difficult to tell if she was dead, she may well have been. But a crystal eye slid open at Skylar leaving a voice mail. 

She almost missed Skylar's random apology. It struck her out of left feild, why was he of all people sorry? "Don't be. It was my fault." If she hadn't demanded her body back, perhaps things would be diffrent. Rai and Skylar would have a life together. But she had to get in the way of it.

Skylar sighed. "Listen Jen, this was a long time coming. It's not your fault for wanting your body back. It was not good on my part to call you Rai, or to ignore you. It's just... I'm not used to show my emotions. Usually I bottle them up."

Looking at the street, he let only one hand on the steering wheel. "You know, some memories come back about you. You were the new trainee with the young us. Only recently the memories about that event came back. Me and Jesse felt bad for not being able to save you. We decided to train and learn to plan and communicate effectively. But something blocked that memory. And when I saw you back, you really did remind me of someone, but I couldn't figure it out at that time."

Jenna was silent for a bit. So he wasn't ignoring her because he was angry? That was a bit of a relief. She rolls over to stare at the ceiling. Then he brought up the memory of that building collapse. She cringed, remembering that horrible death. It was so scorching hot, she couldn't see where she was going but she could hear screaming children. If she could ever imagine hell, that would be it. She couldn't breathe but she kept going and eventually she was hit from above,pinned down and she eventually suffocated. 

She'd just zoned out, Jenna's attention snapped back to reality with a jump. "Maybe I can find some way to get her back. I just don't know what I feel..." She leans forward, her hands still trembling. "It's just now that I'm back, I don't know how much longer I can live like this. I'm terrified of my own familiar, I'm always exhausted, and I swear somethings just not right." She didn't know where she was going with all of this, for now she was just venting. Sodom on the other hand was staring harshly at Jenna. Wether he could understand her or not was up to debate, but his gaze was quite menacing. 

"I do remember everything Rai did... Everything she felt. She was so scary, especially the soul stealing... but she loved you." Skylar took another small glance, before letting out a sigh. "Don't... bring her back. Live your... new life, somewhat. You know what I mean." He reminded himself of Rai, shaking his head. The car swirled. "My life hasn't been in the same way since Rai dissapeared. And please, please, don't think I was acting the way I was because of you. It's just... so hard to get this off my chest." He gestured to his chest.

"I know she loved me... I did too." A tear could be seen on his face, sniffing a little. "...But I must forget that chapter in my life." Skylar lets out a rather creepy smile, as the car starts speeding up. "Cause apparently life feels that I don't deserve happiness. First my mother-" The car speeds up again, the engine reving. "-Then the one I oppened up to. What next huh?!" He was near yelling, looking in front, starting to let out small giggles combined with a soft cry. Jenna should have been concerned at the very beginning of this. Getting Skylar upset while he drove was probably a bad idea. She cringes, Skylars erratic behavior began to scare her, what if he crashed? Was he trying to kill himself and take her with him?

"Skylar..." Her voice was soft and shaky, trying to not speak up so much as he began accelerating a but more, but he only continued, voice raising. "Sky-" She was a tick louder, but still to terrified to say anything. "We're next if you don't slow down!" She finally shouts over him, trying to get him to slow down. Sheer terror on her face. Jenna had few phobias, but she had two major ones: demons, and high speed car crashes. Sodom on the otherhand just watched, seeming amused with the chaos.

Skylar looked at her, then his phone vibrated. It was a text from someone, and as he tried to decipher the message, a honk could be heard, getting closer. Skylar lifted his head to see a car in front of him. Managing to dodge it, he slammed on the breaks, stopping the car on the side of the road, breathing heavily. Looking again at his phone, he let out a groan, throwing the phone in the back, sinking in his driver's seat. "...Why didn't you tell me about the car coming for us?" Sky said, now his hands on his face, trying to calm himself down. Jenna's grip on the 'oh shit' handle tightens as she saw the car coming. And Skylar was on the phone. "What the hell?!" She squeaks before wincing as he tosses it back. It beans Sodom right in the head, causing him to yelp and Jenna to jump.

She took a deep breath as they stopped, just glad the death trap stopped. Jenna's eyes trail to Skylar as he complained of her not warning him about the car. "Oh because looking at one's phone while driving like a maniac makes me responsible." She sarcastically retorts, opening the car door and stepping out, hands shaking like leaves. She couldn't stay in that car with him. Sodom crawls into the front seat and then out the door to follow. "I think I'll just walk home, okay?" She asks, thoroughly shaken.

Skylar didn't say anything as Jenna stepped outside. He was still standing in his place, still in the same position. His life did flash before his eyes, and not only the pleasant memories surfaced. "Yeah. I think that will be best. At least... let me call you a cab or something." Skylar said, his hands slowly falling from his face. Looking on the backseat, he managed to get his phone, ready to call the cab. Jenna shakes her head, although she caught one hell of a chill. She shifts, pulling her jacket tighter around her. "I think I'll be alright. Thank you though." He offered a light smile, conflicted on the inside. She didn't want to just leave him, but she was scared of him. Jenna felt he needed to calm down and get out from behind the wheel before they talked about something so sensitive. "Um, goodnight?" She claims almost inquisitively.

"...As you wish Jen." Skylar said in a defeated tone. "Yeah, 'night." At this point, Skylar was staring in front of him, one hand on the steering wheel. He was clearly thinking about something. He started his car once again, but didn't start driving away. Rather he stood still, looking again at his phone at something. 'What the hell has gotten into me?' Sky said to himself, letting out a rather tired sigh. After a few minutes, Skylar's car could be seen once again on the road, driving straight to Star City. But, by the way he was looking at the city in the distance, it was clear that it was a person rather diferent from the one before

-Collaboration with @Demonhunter -

@AnnoDomini

With a loud yawn, Kary soon joined him in the living room - looking no worse than him, or rather - she didn't have nothing worse to begin with. Being a cyborg at that, she had the luxury of not waking up like a mess from bed. While the act of freshening up, was in her database - it in her opinion seemed a slight waste of time, when one could easily avoid it. As such, she looked the as she did yesterday.

"Morning. Hope you slept well," she stated. Yet likely knowing, he slept somewhat - since that drink she had given him, would have likely made sure to have him get a minimum of six hours of sleep. Enough time for his body to recharge.

"Since, your freshly up - I'ma gonna get breakfast started," she spoke, giving another yawn and look at this TV - before entering the kitchen. "Your choice in music okay, but your skill at hand-to-hand combat, makes you look like a paraplegic. No offense there, just compared to me."

"Morning to you too." Liam added, still doing his thing. "It was the most peacefull sleep I've had for the past few months." Stopping and bowing, he lets out a sigh, sweeping his forehead. Going to the kitchen, he stands a bit in the doorway. "Well, compared to you, even Bruce Lee would look sloppy. You're a cyborg after all." Liam goes over to the coffee maker, pouring the freshley made coffee into a red coffee mug with a black target on it. Starting to drink it, he smiles, closing his eyes. "Also, your body gets really cold in the night." Liam says nonchalantly. He goes to look out the window.

It was on the same side as his living room window. He looked over at the Glades, softly drinking from his mug, one hand in his pant's pocket. He was almost staring at the place. Something clearly was bothering him about that place. Looking around, he was snapped out of his trance by a realization. "Hey, have you seen my phone?" Going back to the living room, he found it on the couch. "Nevermind!" He picks it up, taking it to the kitchen with him, playing the voice message Skylar left him. "He sounded alright. I think they had a good time." A smirk could be seen on his face after saying that line.

@NecroKnight

@AnnoDomini

"No way dummie. See, what some good sleep can accomplish?" she replied. "And of course, I have some prid in my skills after all. And why would I need to turn on my internal heat, when I can leech it off another hot body close."

She continued cooking at that, as she went to check stuff in the living room. "You don't have to worry about the Glades. It won't blow up in one night - and if it does, then not much we can do about it. We are still human, or human-made. We can't be everywhere, we aren't Superman - and even he made mistakes and couldn't be everywhere. Know your limits

Of course they did." Kary grinned back when he used that tone. "I wonder, what will they think - when they hear that I stayed at your place. Helped clean up, cook and so on. Also I am making pancakes. Got any jam here?"

"I'm just gonna call him. See what he's doing." Liam quickly brought up his number, calling Sky. He decided to put it on speaker. "Sure. The jam is in the fridge, second row. Strawbery." The ringing stopped, and the sound of someone picking up could be heard. "...Yeah?" "Hey there boss." "Who the hell is calling?" "...It's me Sky. Liam." "Oh." "Are you drunk?" "Hungover kid. It's called a hangover. Why did you call?" "...Wow. You really drank your memories away. Y-You told me to call you as soon as possible last night." "And why didn't you?" "Well... I kind of slept. With K-" "Look kid. As much as I would like to hear about your 'conquest', I kind of have the worst headache ever." "O-Ok Sky. Meet you at the cave?" "...Yeah. Sure." "See you so-" Before Liam could say it, the phone was sent to a dial tone.

Liam stared at the phone for a minute, before putting it away. His eyes shifted to look at his right, like he was thinking of something. Shaking his head, he continued to sip from his mug. "Well... About the Glades..." Liam looked again at it, then at Kary, smirking. "Want to go for a ride?" He flashed a pair of keys from a motorcycle. "My treat." He winked, getting a red jacket he had lying around.

@NecroKnight

@AnnoDomini

"Hmm. Sure why not," she replied, but soon dragged him back by the collar of his jacket. "But first, eat pancakes then we go. Eat faster, quicker we can go riding around."

Namely she worked fast, as soon ten pancakes were infront of Liam at that, alongside the strawberry jam ontop of them - with a side order of orange juice. Kary herself quickly wolfing down the pancakes at that, even the mixture that she used - quickly licking it clean and then using a wet towel to wipe her face clean at that. "I am done eating. How about you?"

Liam sighed, looking at the pancakes. Starting to eat slowly, he looked at Kary. "This will take age-" His eyes widdened as he saw Kary wolf down the pancakes. "...I won't say I'm impressed..." Liam said, contuing to eat the pancakes. After a good 10 minutes, he had eaten them and drank the orange juice, putting a hand on his stomach, sighing. "I know from fairy tales that this is the point where you stuff me up only to throw me in the oven and eat me up." He raised up from his chair, stretching a little. "Alright. Let's get moving." Liam said winking.

Walking down the stairs, Liam arrived at the underground parking lot, where his motorcycle was situated. A black and red Honda CBR1000RR motorcycle beeped as Liam pressed his keys. He took the helmet that was placed near it, it being red with a black target on the forehead. Placing himself on the bike, he turned it on, reving up the engine. The sound was a little deafening, but Liam was used to it. Putting the helmet on, he raised the visor, looking at Kary. "Don't keep me waiting."

@NecroKnight

@AnnoDomini

Kary soon emerged at that, wearing a green-black wind-breaker jacket, it would seem her whole color-scheme was mostly green-black and gray. As she quickly jumped behind him and hold on at that. "Whoo! Never ridden a motorcycle before. So let's try it out now, partner," she giggled, with more eagerness than would be expected from a fellow superhero or friend at that.

"How fast can this baby go?" she asked, as he revved the engine.

"0 to 60 in 2.95. Top speed 178, although it says 180." The tires screech as the bike starts to move, almost flying out of the garage. It speeds through the city, Liam not saying a word. He had grown to like riding bikes, something he had learned from someone else. Liam smiled under the visor, seeing everything slower than him. 'So this is how she feels. Nice.' He says in his mind, as the bike avoids the trafic. Just a few streets past, the scenery changes. The tall rather clean looking buildings are replaced at first by run-down buildings, then by houses, then by empty lots. Stopping in front of a building, Liam takes his helmet off, getting off the bike.

He places the helmet on the bike, going to a sign that is all but covered in dust and over-grown plants. kneeling down, he brushes it with his hand, and the name of the former institution shows up : 'Queen Foundation Home for Troubled Teens'. Putting a hand on the sign, he raises up, looking at Kary, a rather sad smile on his face. "See what I mean?" Liam points at the building that looked ransaked. All the windows were cracked, some blankets were on the yard in front, the front door barred. Only the american flag flew from a flag pole, and Liam mokingly salutes it in a military style.

"It's not that crime is rampant here... It's the reason why it is." Liam says, going close to the bike. "I got it good. I could've been like those kids over there." He points to a group of teens that were walking in a group, looking like a gang. Their t-shirts looked dirty, and their jeans were all ripped up. "But... That only makes me feel worse when I know I can't change a thing. Not even you can." Liam arrives at the bike, taking the helmet in his hands. "Even they know that everybody abandoned them. If you put a kid like that in jail for stealing, once he is realesed and returns here, what do you think he will do?" Smiling sadly, Liam brushes the visor. "He'll steal again. Because that's what he knows. He'll join a gang, and once again, he will be sent behind bars."

"When Skylar- Mister Queen closed this institution, and the others, the population knew what this meant : They weren't worth anybody's attention." His hands now hardly gripped the helmet, almost crying. "...I had friends here you know... They went to this school. Now... I put 3 of them behind bars, the rest... I still visit their graves sometimes. Of course Sky doesn't give a shit. He can just drink his problems away in that fancy penthouse of his... Thinking of me as his redemption for abandoning the Glades." A tear splashed on the visor, Liam sweeping his eyes. "The reason I look towards here everyday, is to never forget where I came from. To never forget the place that I once fought for."

@NecroKnight

@AnnoDomini

Kary enjoyed the riding throughout the streets, already taking a liking to the speed and air brushing against her face at that. Although she got curious when they passed by the more cleaner buildings to the seedier part of the town - eventually stopping infront of one curious building.

She became somber at that, when he started talking about this place - half-way getting the urge to find Skylar Queen and give him a good slap across the face at that. She looked alongside him at that, when he pointed to a group of kids - she sadly noted, that one of them was wanted for something. But for once in her life, she dismissed it at that. Before looking back at Liam.

Kary at that, soon enough hugged Liam from behind him at that - like him too, she had a similar upbringing. Alone in the world, with nothing to anchor them with goodness - except the goodness of others that had been shown to them. "Hey. Maybe there is something we could do?" asked Kary, patting his shoulder - as she pulled out a picture. "You have thought of maybe contacting LexiCorp Industries?"

She presented him the picture of a several kids, in the background of an Orphanage, namely one from Metropolis - with the image of Lexi Luthor surrounded by the various kids, including a younger Kary, with her still green hair. Several kids had painted, even small letters - making out 'B3ST H3R0 EVAR'. "According to my knowledge, many kids like me, in Metropolis got a second chance, cause this woman - wanted to make sure, we didn't end up like them here. I read, she had sponsored many such Foundations and Scholarships. Plus....didn't she like create that UN-machine army or something?"

"I could engage in some hacktivism, and point out what kind of situation this place is. I mean, she did improve Metropolis. Maybe she could give some help in Star City?" offered Kary, unaware of the truth of Overload being Lexi. Nor the fact, on how the fallout from Alcatraz affected her and several other members of the team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Liam sighed, patting Kary's hands. "This is Star City. The only two companies here are Star Labs and Queen Industries. LexCorp is established in Metropolis. Each corporation has an area to uphold, and exploit, to a degree." Sweeping away the tears, Liam looked at Kary, grinning a little. "But hey... I don't blame Skylar. You don't know how powerless he actually is in his own company. Those investors and chairmen. that's their fault. This institution was his father's legacy. And his mother's." He sighs yet again, putting his helmet back on, climbing on the bike. "Come on. Let's get to the Quiver." Liam revs up the engine, shooting a last look towards the decrepit building.

@NecroKnight

@AnnoDomini

"You know. I could engage in some hacktivism, blackmail and stealing from their accounts to fund the poor people around here," offered Kary, as in-joke at that. Nowadays Robin Hood-esque people weren't much around or supported at that. And if she likely tried anything of that, she might end up in a jail cell quickly enough.

"Still. Some pressure, should be put on those damn corporations. To show what kind of shit has been done here," she spoke. "Maybe give a reporter or two a few calls. And let them come look around?" As she spoke, she climbed up behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist - a bit tigher than before, to indicate he wasn't alone in this.

"Like the reference." Liam says, laughing a little. The motorcycle sped up, once again cutting through the streets. It seemed as if Liam wanted to leave this behind him, but the speed got slower after a while. The bike pulled in near a garage door, and, as Liam pressed a button, the door  opened. Moving it forward, the door closed behind them, as the floor started to descend. It placed them in the center of the Quiver, and Liam stepped off, holding the helmet in his right hand. "Don't tell Bettle about this. I think we can be sued." Walking forward, Liam can see Skylar standing near the computer, dressed in his armor.

"Liam. I expected you an hour ago." Skylar says, crossing his arms to his chest. Liam looked around, raising an eyebrow. "...Something wrong?" Skylar asked, looking around as well. "Where's Jenna?" "Who? Ohhhh, yeah. I don't know." Liam sighed, facepalming. "Don't worry. I'll call her." "Y-Yeah. You do that." Liam went towards the workbench, shooting a look towards the computer, then back at his phone. "Jenna. It's Liam. Can you come to the Quiver, please?" Liam closes the call, putting his phone on the workbench, turning and walking towards the computer. Skylar went an seemingly pressed some buttons.

"...Stop watching not safe for work things at work Sky." "Force of habbit." "Remind me to never visit your office again, Mr. Gray." Skylar wanted to say something, but restrained himself, before Liam blushed a little. "Alright. something happened while you and Jenna were visiting Jess." He brought up the scenes of Deathstroke attaking the convoy, stopping on a scene of Deathstroke's mask. "Kary identified him as Deathstroke." "Deathstroke the Terminator. My dad had a few encounters with him. Regeneration, very analytical mind, and an expert in all kinds of weapons. Oh, and he should be in a wheel chair by now." Liam put a hand over his mouth, thinking. "Well... That means he must be a copy-cat. Or his child."

"Probably. Anything else?" "Not really Skylar. Me and Kary been searching everywhere. We only have a small lead, and not enough evidence to know where he'll hit next." Skylar went to the computer, and looked at Liam. "Also, forgot to mention. We might be getting a new member soon." Pushing a few buttons, the image of a pink-haired girl showed up on the screen. "Kal'Aya. Also known as Inferna. She, along with 326 other of her kind were placed in Star City, as a sign of good faith." "Green Lanterns?" "Nice guess." "...You forgot we know Milo, right?" Sky gave him a rather mean look. Liam was surprised by this, looking towards Kary. Skylar imediately changed his expression to a neutral one. "Anyway, we might need to find her a place. How about you, Liam?" "Me? Well, Kary's staying at me."

Sky looked at her, crossing his arms yet again. "I stand by my decision. Kary already has a place to stay, don't you?" Liam looked at her, sighing. "...Sure." "Great." Liam went to the workbench, relaxing in his chair. Before Sky could say anything, his own phone goes off. "Alright, you two go back to your duties, I have to take this." Sky picked up his phone, speaking Cantonese, and walking around the Quiver, eventually exiting the base. Liam took his phone, and seemingly began browsing, every now and then perking an eyebrow at something.

@NecroKnight@Demonhunter@Rui

@AnnoDomini

"Okay. What in the actual fuck was that?" she asked from him. "It had all the tell-tale marks of being a Master-Apprentice relationship. But this Master being the 'my way or the highway type' and I didn't need advance intelligence to know that."

She had never seen Skylar act like this way either - not infront of her at that. And what was this problem, of her staying with Liam - as far as she was concerned, she was both mentally, physically and legally old enough to make her own choices at that.

Kary soon arrived behind him, and spun the chair around so Liam was looking at her. "Alright boy. Speak up. What was that? And why do I get the feeling - it's a mix of some dick-waving, battle of wills and just good ol'fashion, my rules kind of problem. Aight? Speak up Liam, since I ain't letting you get away - before I know the whole story. And next time, let me punch a few words too? Aight?"

Liam looked at her, holding his hands up, his phone falling on his lap. "What's with him? What's with you?" Liam slowly pushed her with a hand on her chest, so he can raise up. "Let's get some things staright. He's not my Master. He's my mentor, and I his partner. I won't discuss my histroy with him, and neither, in my point of view, should I really inquire those types of things." Taking his phone, he flashed some photos of Inferna. "She's an alien. From another planet. A refugee. It's a diplomatic thing to not leave someone on the streets, because someone has the hots for me."

Liam stopped a bit, looking away. "You have an apartment, a job. This girl... She has nothing. What would they say, and more important, the council and the Green Lanterns if we let her on the streets or just to live here?" Looking back at Kary, his hands were trembling, crossing his hands to his chest. "I don't take out my anger out on you. Why are you doing this to me?" Turning his back on her, he went to the computer, starting to look through some search history. "Let's get back to crime fighting, alright?" His voice was rather cold, as he was almost captivated by something else.

@NecroKnight

@AnnoDomini

"Nothing is wrong with me. I simply asked about your relationship with another person whom from my point of view, isn't on the best terms with you or you with him."

"Alright. And I don't understand, how a sudden alien refugee caused you to do 360 degree turn at that," she added, changing her voice tone. "Plus how is it a diplomatic thing, if they have the hots for you?"

"Thirdly of all, I didn't do much to spark your anger, except ask your relationship about Skylar. If I offended you then I apologize. Your increase dislike over me over some alien girl however strikes me as more strange, than me questioning about Skylar."

"And we won't be suddenly going crime-fighting. Not until you tell me what that mood swing suddenly was," said Kary, switching her eyes over to scan over Liam for any anomalies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back