Star City

Aya smiled warmly as she set down her bag.

"I do not mind at all! On the ship, there were very few spaces to sleep. I am most accustomed to sharing sleeping areas." 

She kicked off her boots, setting them next to Kary's shoes.

She began looking around, as if piecing together a puzzle. She then saw the door she was looking for.

"Ah, there is the bathing room!" 

She smiled cheerfully, confirming her thought before walking back to the door. 

Aya then proceeded to strip off the jumpsuit and fold it, setting it down next her her boots, standing there in all her glory. 

"I am off to make use of the shower." 

She then disappeared into the bathroom.

@NecroKnight 

@AnnoDomini

Kary answered her communicator at that, namely having the silent mode on it and installed into her ear. "Were kinda busy here Liam, you wanted me to show her around - so that is what I am doing. I will try to get here there as soon as possible," she replied, soon shutting off her communicator.

@Rui

Kary once having finished speaking with Liam, quickly ordered up some fast food at that - it was bad that they had to return to the Quiver so soon, but if it was some business, then she wanted Aya to atleast have some taste of human food and have eaten, before they left.

After that she fetched some clothes for Aya, before heading into the bathroom. She opened the door and entered the bathroom, having picked up some clothing her scans had measured would fit her. "Hey, Aya once you are done washing, get dressed. I brought some clothes for you and ordered some food - we have been already called back to the Quiver, for some work."

"Eh, no real need to share a bed," a voice said in response to Kary. His language, however, was English. The source of the voice came from the couch, which in this particular room, was facing away from the door and to the television which itself was just broadcasting live footage of the news. In this case, they were showing the diplomats and city officials greeting the other Aurians. It was a big event for Star City, whether the group realized it or not. Picking himself up from the couch revealed a younger-looking gentlemen in a slightly long, leather bomber. By his voice alone, he seemed fairly young, but somewhere in there was a sense of sternness that denoted some military background. One could never truly get rid of it.

97a760d22a7a82f426e3a06a3d10f50a.jpg

"Aya there still needs a full medical check-up and formal check-in at Starling General Hospital," he explained, "do keep in mind, you did just pick her up from an alien ship." 

His entire presence would have been a significantly more embarrassing moment to effectively most other young girls, but he was in a room with an alien and an cybernetic being. The atmosphere was considerably different. "I'm Lieutenant Ferral of the SCPD Special Division Unit," he said, finally introducing himself and pulling out a badge to prove it. "You can shower, though. I've got six hours before I need to get you back," he explained nonchalantly. 

@NecroKnight @Rui (You two speedpost like fucking demons.)

Aya nodded, stepping out of the shower as she had just finished up. She sighed contently. 

"Thank you very much." 

She wrapped a towel around herself after toweling off her hair. 

"The gel which you use to shower is most pleasant smelling." 

She added as she brushed her hair back in the mirror. After a quick moment of primping in the mirror, she took the clothes offered and changed. 

"These do fit quite well! Thank you once again." 

She entered the living room, sitting on the loveseat delicately. 

"What variety of Earthen food have you ordered?" 

Her train of thought was derailed greatly by the entrance of a male. 

"Why hello! Yes of course, I was informed of this "Check-Up" by the Lanterns before my arrival. It is most nice to meet you." 

She rose, approaching him and shaking his hand vigorously. 

@Sir Les Paul

@NecroKnight

Last edited by a moderator:
@Sir Les Paul @Rui

"You do know, its not the best idea to suddenly appear within the room of two females. One might think you might be a rapist, and we might respond in kind," replied Kary at that, scanning over his badge and person - to make sure he was whom he said he was. If not, well - then there was the moment of time, to test how easily a human' arms might break in one punch.

"What are you doing here. It isn't like it for law agents, to break unannounced into a person' private home. Isn't there some laws, that allow to defend oneself against such an uninvited arrival with lethal force?" added Kary. Well one had to understand her point, one didn't suddenly barge in uninvited and likely risk the wrath of a cyborg, whom could easily snap his neck.

"I think we will take it go," spoke Kary, looking at Aya. "Pull on that jacket I got you too. Guess, we have a quick visit to the hospital, which I totally forgot."

She then looked back at Ferral at that. "May I ask, why the sudden breach of privacy here?"

(And now you ruined it. Also, that sudden breach not cool. Usually reaction to such event, is likely to attack said person - whom arrived uninvited. Luckily Kary has more control and better scanners installed inside her)

"Well, you would be right if you were two ordinary, human females," Farrel replied as he straightened up from the couch. The alien had already ran off to shower, leaving him with a brief discussion with the cyborg. He chuckled at the thought that no one in the room was precisely normal, although Kary, it would likely just come across as him laughing at her.

"But, she is an alien and last I checked, your sovereignty as a citizen is still in question, isn't it?" he said, posing the rhetorical question. And, immediately, it became obvious that this lieutenant knew precisely what and who Kary was. How he knew it was a whole different question, but there was little doubt that he knew the risks.

Farrel narrowed his eyes to narrow down on Kary before he replied, "as for lethal force, I'd love to see you try." He transitioned quickly from the relatively whimsical, nonchalant attitude he had on the couch to one that reflected his hidden attitude.

Once Aya returned, his narrowed eyes and stern face turned into an instantly pleasant and warm smile. He pressed his finger to his ear, which itself had a communicator in it. After a moment, he replied back to her oddly enough in her native language, "It is absolutely pleasant to meet you, miss. We were not told you were so humanly attractive; it is a pleasant surprise." He smiled again, this time a more flirtatious one. "While I will have a delay, I can speak to you using a communicator. Forgive me if I mispronounce your language," he told her, explaining quite sweetly how he was capable of speaking her literal alien language.

@NecroKnight @Rui

@Sir Les Paul

Kary gave him the stare at that - how dare, he brought that sort of information up. If anything, she could say that humans were both saints and massive, unredeemable dicks at that. "That is a low blow, very low. Even for your sake at that. Considering, that what you did like broke some rules - namely not having a warrant to enter my place. I know, I know, I am not entitled to such protection - but in the sense, don't we all get punished equally?"

Kary merely shook her head at that, holding his stare - she did have a very large collection of Law data, in her brain. Being a cyborg, and not human - namely meant she wasn't afforded the rights, some humans take for granted. Meaning she always had to be ready to defend herself on a legal terms, especially after Waller had paid her a visit. And there were a lot of reasons, that could justify lethal force.

Kary kept in neutral, for when Aya came in at that. "Is there a reason, for this sudden visit? I assume - you didn't just simply come by to tell me, that she might need her teeth or blood checked out? Since if I recall. I had gotten an order from my handler - ordering me to return to our base of operations, with her along. So is this, like a home visit with a basket of bread? Or more along the lines, of immigration papers?"

One didn't visit an alien out of a requirement to visit a hospital - not unless, such an information could be easily send via message in the nowadays world. Either he wanted to say something in person, or he had something to give to them.

Aya was already smiling, but her smile only broaded as he complimented her. She blushed shyly, preparing an English response when he spoke. Aya stared at him dumbfoundedly, then with some confusion. Her brow creased, then un-creased with realization and understanding. 

"Ah, your accent is that of the J'amaal sector. I am from the Kai'ar sector. There is a very large difference." she clarified with an equally warm smile. 

"I can communicate with you sufficiently in English. I have been studying it since liberation and my final days in slavery. It is not...perfect, but it will do I suppose." 

She then turned to Kary, "He seems most friendly. I would most dislike for you to keep glaring at him as you are." she chastised. 

@Sir Les Paul

@NecroKnight

"The communicator is not perfect," he responded to her, "and, neither am I." He smiled at her once more, then listened to her rebuke Kary for her scowl.

"I must admit, though, you're a lot closer than I," he told her with the same cheesy grin. This time, however, he spoke in her language. He couldn't adapt his dialect, but more than likely, it was due to him literally not knowing the language more than it was the translator.

"I wouldn't mind her," he said, still ignoring her questions and returning to English, "she simply doesn't like authorities like myself. I'm a civil servant and my duty now is simply to make sure you safely return to the hospital for your check-in. As for why you need a medical check-up and registration, it is all part of becoming a United States citizen and helping you become part of Star City as a productive member of the community." In this moment, he did sound more like a cop. Even to Aya, it became evident that he was a very society-oriented person. She may not have been well-acquainted with the police or the concept thereof, but his tone was definitively familiar.

@Rui @NecroKnight

Aya pursed her lips, "You sound most authoritative." she murmured, as if speaking more to herself, despite addressing him. 

She then leaned up and kissed his cheek.

"I like you, and will gladly do as you ask." 

She responded, smiling sweetly once more. 

She then turned to Kary, ignoring him altogether, 

"That is a show of Earthen affection, yes? Did I do it right?" 

She was less composed then than she had been all day. This was one thing she was very unfamiliar with. She had read about physical shows of affection, but she wasn't entirely sure how to implement them, or when it was appropriate to do so. 

@Sir Les Paul

@NecroKnight

@Sir Les Paul

"I do like authorities. The more understanding and reasonable ones," replied Kary to that, relaxing her down from stare to keeping an eye on him. "You know. The ones, whom don't decide, to sent the likely human appearing and likely human-replica to Star Labs - with an order of 'terminate' - because of simple proximity. You ever wondered, why none of your scientist made AIs have gone rampart? Here is a hint, if you treatment one like garbage it will likely respond in kind."

"As you wish, I can take her to the get registered," she said, hinting at the registering part. Namely it was the equal of getting collared in her opinion. Namely on how even aliens got afforded, the option of becoming citizens  - but not somebody with a mechanical condition at that.

@Rui

Kary groaned at that sight at that, hoping the likely Custom Official wasn't offended by that. "It is somewhat Aya. But that sort of affection is mostly reserved for close people or friends at that. Not strangers. A handshake would have suited as well," replied Kary at that, shaking hands with Farrel at that.

"I do hope, we won't be needing anymore home-visits at that?" asked Kary, being respectful at that. Although, she shake his hand with slightly more force than was necessary.

Farrel allowed Kary all of her passive-aggressive rhetoric against him, almost silently. In all reality, he ignored her for the most part to continue his eye contact with Aya. He had a set of mysterious, dark eyes and a very grounded appearance to him. Slightly odd that Kary was maintaining a conversation, yet the Lieutenant made Aya the focus of his attention without a word.

Until she shook his hand.

She was an android. As strong as about three adult men and more resilient than all of them. Yet, with the hand that he grasped hers with, he had her locked in place. He held a smile on his face still as she tried to shove him off, mostly not to alert Aya. "You are right about the affection; it is normally more reserved. What you are a little off about is who will be taking Aya to be registered. I will repeat myself. I am Lieutenant Farrel of the SCPD Special Divisions Unit and my objective is to safely return the Aurian to Starling General Hospital," he told her, giving her hand a squeeze that would cross the threshold of unpleasant into mildly painful before releasing.

@NecroKnight @Rui

Aya frowned, "So...friend Kary cannot come?" she asked with much of her disappointment evident. Her posture sagged, she being obviously crestfallen.

She folded her hands in front of her, as she tended to do when upset or nervous, and rocked back on her heels. 

"Then, shall we go?"

She nibbled at her bottom lip, unsure how exactly to feel at being relatively alone with this new acquaintance. The way he watched her made her mildly uncomfortable, as well as bashful. She wasn't entirely sure if it was pleasant or foreboding. 

Meanwhile, she watched the two seemingly 'arm battle',  rather than a handshake. She wasn't sure who was winning, but it was rather amusing to watch. 

@Sir Les Paul

@Sir Les Paul @Rui

Kary kept her cool at that, this wasn't some ordinary human at that. Once her hand had been released, she spoke in reply. "And I also received orders from my own headquarters at that. Namely indicating, we were to return to our headquarters. With Aya alongside me - as such, I was also entrusted to that. And my highest boss is linked to the United Nations," she replied, contemplating whether or not to show her ULJ badge to the current cop here.

"Listen. We obviously have jobs to do. You have likely been ordered to make sure, she gets processed. And I have orders to quickly return to my own headquarters, alongside her. And before you ask, now it is not criminal. Legal at that. So how about you help me help you? I assume, you came with a car. How about I take her on the bike and you follow us? Or namely, I write alongside her in your car? If my option doesn't suit you. But you have to understand my view also."

"You have to understand. I was entrusted her security. I can't just 'let her' out of my sight."

For the second time in no more than ten minutes, Farrel intentionally ignored Kary. In fact, he didn't even make eye contact with her for the last sentence she spoke. No, once she suggested riding along with him, he turned right back to Aya with the same, sweet smile on his face as earlier. "Of course your friend can come," he responded to her, "I couldn't forgive myself if I let such a beautiful face frown on the trip there." His explanation was yet again a flirtatious remark. A good one, at that. Simultaneously, he managed to answer the question Kary asked as well; apparently she could go, although he seemed not to be talking to her.

"I have a cruiser parked waiting for us," he said, "so I can take you both to the Hospital if you want. From there, I have to hand you off, though. I don't know if they'll let her through sorting, but I'm sure they'll let her in." He explained to her, yet again being sweet. Despite his incredibly warm nature to her, the cold shoulder he was giving Kary was growing more and more frigid by the moment. Almost insultingly so. But still, there was something genuine about the way he looked into that alien girls' eyes that even a cyborg could see.

@NecroKnight @Rui

@Sir Les Paul @Rui @AnnoDomini

"Okay then Aya. You heard the 'nice' police officer. Let's be heading to the hospital and from there we can go head over our HQ," replied Kary, helping Aya get her stuff, before they followed after Farrel at that, down to his cruiser. Since he was playing ass, she wouldn't let Farrel play oogly eyes with Aya in return.

On the way down, she sent Liam a message at that. 'I got some ass, named Lt. Farrel on me from SCPD 'Special Division'. Says Aya needs to go through processing. WTF man? Is this some 'make fun of the rookie' joke. Since last I checked, that wasn't much of my list of things to do - beside get her an apartment to settle in and then head on over to the Quiver. Get me some clearance or understanding here. Since the cop here said, Aya was going to get processed in but not any information on when to get out. So whatever issue, you had -  I hope you got enough pull on you, to get some information my way. Otherwise your little rally, might be post-poned for a few weeks at that.'

"So. How long will this processing take?" she asked, from Farrel trying to be nice her way at that. Despite her treating like garbage at that.

Aya smiled pensively before grasping Farrell's hand. 

"Lead the way." 

She started for the door, still holding his hand. She released it only to put on her knee length black boots, finally turning to Kary. 

"Come, friend Kary. We must hurry if we are to return to the shaking movement in time." 

She, of course, meant the Quiver, but it still hadn't been clarified. 

She took Farrell's hand again, and opened the door, stepping outside. Her eyes lingered on the motorbike.

"Where is our transport?" 

Farrel of course met Aya and her hand with a firm, warm grasp. Once she asked him to lead the way, he was quick and polite doing so. Just as he said, upon leaving the building was a Crown Victoria parallel parked between two other cars on their road. It looked like an old, black cruiser... because it was one. It was a retire squad car with upwards of two hundred thousand miles on it spent patrolling Gotham and even in a few car chases. Tinted windows, old mounts for radars and lights--the works. Almost fitting for Farrel given his background even though it did look a little beat up. 

He guided them out to it and unlocked it with a simple press of a key from his keyfob before opening the drivers' side backseat for Aya, motioning her on over. He looked over to Kary, then down to the passengers side back seat--or at least the hood where the seat was. "Old reliable, I say. Always gets you from point A to point B. She's never failed me," he said, although he realized his words probably lost meaning on Aya whom wouldn't get the mannerism. He smiled to her, "This is our transport. You may not know it, but it's actually a traditional police transport. Or, at least it used to be." It was an odd piece of trivial information, but a fact that he thought would help her make sense of why he seemed so proud of the otherwise dingy car.

@Rui @NecroKnight

@Rui

@Sir Les Paul

(Really? I mean like, really Paul? I get the distinct feeling your disliking me here)

"Hmm. Kinda banged up here," spoke Kary, looking inside the car. It looked like somebody had really taken a totaling on this car - and despite its 'intact' appearance, Kary had the feeling this ride had seen its fair share of engagements.

"Is the reason, you drive and...pardon the expression, old ride more because of sentimental value or because the SCPD is just a cheap-skate?" she asked, slightly curious at that - namely being a hobby mechanic, she kinda liked the value of old machinery. But this was taking the taco, as one might say - she was surprised this ride remained intact as it was. "Hmm? Used to be? I understand, the nature that you being Special Division means, you do stuff ordinary police officers don't. So wouldn't it make more sense for you to possess a more...fancier ride?"

She got inside the car, despite it obviously lacking a seat at that - coming up and sitting next to Aya cross-legged at that. Her previous will-fighting with Farrel mostly forgotten in favor of looking over the old ride at that. "So which is it? Sentimental value or not enough money?"

She smiled, nodding her head appreciatively. 

"I understand your meaning, yes." 

She looked upon him adoringly, despite having only known him for under five minutes. 

She placed her hand over his once they were both seated, listening to him in awe.

'Humans are all quite attractive. Maybe my stationing here won't be so bad after all.' 

She smiled once again, blushing at her own thoughts. 

She couldn't recall ever smiling so much, even in her childhood. 

"Will we be off then? I am most interested in seeing this 'hospital'. Do you know what this 'check up' will entail?"

She was fidgeting again, her nervousness plainly displayed. She had never been to an Earthen 'hospital', understandably. She wasn't entirely sure her anatomy matched that of a human at all. She knew their blood was somewhat similarly colored... 

"Forgive me, I am most apprehensive." 

She nibbled her bottom lip once more, fixing Farrell with a cute, puppy like expression, the biting of her lip somehow making it seductive. 

@Sir Les Paul

@NecroKnight

The atmosphere changed. Completely. A smirk quickly crept along the lieutenant's face as he smiled to Kary. For the first time since they had met, he ignored Aya. He even managed to overlook her innocently seductive lip-biting. No, his smirk was directed at Kary as he stepped back from the door, seeing that Aya was inside the squad car completely. "Neither," he responded to her, "it's about victory." He then shut the door and as he did, the doors locked, snapping down. In the same moment, a screen flashed in front of them with none other than the stern face of Waller in front of them. Aya likely had no idea who it was, but Kary would recognize it immediately. This was no recording, either. It was live.

"You failed miserably," Waller told her, "just get the pleasantries out of the way. You received a message from Liam telling you to meet at the Quiver as soon as possible. Instead, you went home at your leisure. Lieutenant Farrel is actually your proctor. He is a person liaison of mine, hand-picked from my days as a mercenary. I doubt you could have fought him, but that's far from the point: you didn't even resist. Let me show you what could have happened--

--and right as he explained, the vehicle directly across from them on their strip of road exploded. The force rocked the car, but somehow, did no damage. While it wasn't confirmed, it gave the suspicion that the car was reinforced--

--neither of you would have survived. What disappoints me most is just how many signs I had him drop. He was duplicitous, manipulative, showed he was a meta-human of some kind, was completely unprofessional; I could go on. Moreover, you should have caught on, but instead, you're locked in a car. Worst of all is if you were in that other car, you would have just got your asset killed. Less than a day on Earth and she would have been dead outside of Lantern custody. Understand that this will reflect on your reintegration program. But, understand this more...

...for the next forty-seven hours of your group's evaluation, Liam will be under the impression that both of you are dead. You could have been assets if--and more than likely when--conflict arises between the rest of your group and my liaison, but now, you have handicapped your squad and compromised the mission. What do you have to say for yourself?" he finally asked. If Aya thought Farrel was intimidating, then Waller would be a downright monster. Everything about him from his remote controlled explosion to his daunting, militaristic attitude was enough to demean anyone. He wanted to make her feel small. He didn't need to be Superman, wear a costume or sport fancy gadgets. No, all the Wall needed was the plain, barren truth.

@NecroKnight@Rui

(No, actually. This was the plan discussed with Anno before I even introduced Farrel. I was literally 'trying' to goad Kary into getting combative or calling on Liam, but she didn't.)

Aya's eyes expanded to dinner-plate proportions, tears appearing in the corner of each. She looked as though she was about to sob like a frightened child. Then, she opened her mouth, 

"That...that...that..."

She was searching for the right word, her voice trembling like a leaf before she found exactly the word she was searching for.

"...BITCH!"

Her eyes seemed to glow their ethereal green in a terrifyingly alien manner before her fist ignited, smashing into the dash of the car with the smell of burning plastic. Her fists were white knuckles, her expression showing that she was absolutely enraged. 

"I COME HERE, TO THIS MISERABLE PLANET, TO BE LOCKED IN A MOTOR VEHICLE? I came for refuge and freedom from the bondage which has held my people for my entire life, and I am now to be placed BACK in the same fashion from  which I desperately sought to be released?!" 

She was positively seething. 

"THAT IS WHAT I HAVE TO SAY FOR MYSELF! YOU ARE A DEMATUOUS KTARTHAN! A RABIGLOUS VANGARIAN!" 

She reverted to insults in her native tongue, her anger preventing her from speaking coherent English. 

After a few moments of silence, she calmed herself significantly, and folded her extinguished hands in her lap in a lady-like manner. 

"I do not take kindly to threats," she spoke lowly, her tone dangerous, one step away from exploding. "You forget you talk to a slave. I have been threatened and beaten and used in the worst ways imaginable. You do not scare me. You cannot scare me. You will not scare me." 

@Sir Les Paul

@NecroKnight

Liam barely finished doing the metallic bar reps, before his phone rang. Sighing, he jumped down, using the metalic staff to raise up from the rubber tiled ground. Letting out a tired sigh, Liam grabbed a towel, going to a small pool of water. Skylar and Liam stylized it so that the tiny river that once went through the cave sistem now made a small pond. Kneeling down, he cleaned his face in the rather cold water, reinvigorating him for the moment. He used the towel to clean his face. Raising up, he went to where he left his phone, looking at the message. Seeing it was from Kary, he perked an eyebrow.

Searching in the database, he didn't find a such name. He hummed, remembering what Milo said. His eyes widdened, as he scrambled to write on his phone. "Kary! Do not do what he says! He's not a cop! I'm coming right now!" Red put the phone down and got his armor back on, pulled his hood over his head and put his mask on. This time he took his compound bow, and many arrows with him. He wanted to take the bike, but forgot he left it with Kary and Aya. Grunting, he exited through a tunnel, surfacing in an alley near Kary's apartment block. Looking up, he launched an arrow at the rooftops, the rope that was attached to his wrist pulling him up.

Putting a foot on the small wall, he looked around, trying to pinpoint the car. But something caught his eyes : a burning wreck. "What the..." Liam jumped down, near the husk of the car, it still bruning. Liam put a hand in front of his face, the heat that came at him. He started to look around, trying to determine if it was their car. He couldn't identify what the chasis said, or even the shape, as the majority of the car was just a pile of metal at the moment. The wall near the car had some shrapnel in it, and Liam took to go there, looking. "...Explosive... Is it military grade?... It could even be an IED. Ugh." Liam said, getting frustrated.

He could search for any residue, but the extreem heat had most likely burnt the evidence. "Was it Deathstroke?... But why a car?" He looked around, and saw nothing out of the ordinary, except a rather banged up car. He shook his head. "What a piece of junk..." Sighing, he looked around to see if Kary or Aya could be seen. Passing the run down car, he entered the apartment block, to see if they were alright. Fortunately, he had looked where Sky had placed Kary. Liam went to her door, deciding not to knock, as the person might still be inside.

With a powerfull kick, Liam flung the door open, keeping his bow at the ready, scanning the room. Nothing. Looking around, he checked to see if any window was open, or any signs of a struggle. None. That was odd. Liam looked in the living room, nothing. In teh kitchen, nothing. The door was unlocked, another strange thing. Slowly, the reality dawned on him : He was too late. Aya and Kary were gone, no traces left behind. He had only hoped that they weren't in that car. Exiting the apartment block, a tear fell from his eye.

He pointed his bow at the rooftop he had descended from, and quickly left, running towards where the cave entance was. Inside, he got mad. But not at the others, at himself. How could he leave the others alone? They were a team, and he could've went to her apartment faster. If he was there, maybe they would've had a chance. He put his bow in its stand, and took down his hood, but he kept his mask on this time. He put a hand to his communcator. "Jenna... Sky... report to the Quiver, and fast... I have some news." His hand limply fell from his ear, as his closed his eyes.

"You alright Liam?" Came Skylar's voice from behind him. He was holding the metalic staff in one hand, another hand on his hip. Liam stood with his back at him,oppening his eyes and staring at the bow. "Kary and Aya are gone." Skylar stood in place, the hand from his hip went to his mouth. "Liam, this is not time to make jokes." "I went to their apartment Sky... They weren't there. I-I got a text from Kary... And then nothing... T-They might even be..." The sound of the staff could be heard hitting the ground, and, before Liam could say anything, Skylar hugged him from behind. Liam didn't fight it, and started sobbing. "I-I couldn't protect them man... I left them alone, and now... now..." Liam continued to sob, befor Skylar grunted. "Listen, Liam. Get it out of your sistem, but don't start blaming yourself." "But i-it was my faul-" "It wasn't." "You don't know that..." "Neither do you, Liam."

Skylar let him go, turning him around. He lifted the mask above his head. "Just listen. Do you remember when I lost my mom?" Liam nodded, slowly sweeping the tears from his eyes. "I was devastated. I did the same thing as you... I blamed myself, blamed my dad... But someone taught me something : Don't go blaming yourself. Let it out of your sistem, but don't hold yourself respnsible. The ones that you miss made their own decision. You can't hold their hand the whole time." Liam shook his head. "I-I could've helped them. I-I cou-" His speech was interupted by a slap over his face. That left Liam speachless.

Letting out a grunt, Liam jumped Skylar. He made the mistake of throwing a punch before he was close to Skylar, because he grabbed his hand by the wrist, extending his left foot. Liam tripped, fell, and was easily imobilized by Skylar, who now had his knee on his back. Putting a moderate amount of force, Skylar sighed. "Snap out of it kid! You are better than this!" Liam grunted, his arms trying to grab his knee, but soon, they fell around his body. "...Good. Now, let's help you up." Skylar raised up, extending a hand to Liam, but Red was having none of that. Raising up, he dust himself off, taking a few deep breaths.

Sky put a hand on his shoulder. "You know what you need right now? A good training. Come on, let's practice those muscles." Skylar led him to a punching bag. Liam took his gloves off, picking up some bandages. Wrapping them around his hands, he bagan punching the bag, rather soft. "Harder Liam, faster." Liam nodded and began to do as Skylar said. He mentaly blocked the image of the car exploading, rather using the anger on the punching bag. His attacks were starting to become eratic as time passed. "Concentrate Liam. Don't let anger control you."

@Demonhunter @Sir Les Paul @NecroKnight

@Sir Les Paul

(I will say it before, and I will say it again. A dick move...of the good kind, but still dick. And Waller is the biggest dick of them all)

Kary breathed in at that, before breathing out - an innate thing to do, one that likely fail of keeping anybody else from bursting out in anger and rage. She reopened her eyes, but they remained a color red - namely an indication, that she was by ready to assault somebody.

"Not much. Except the fact, that you 'agent' possessed - authentic badge and file at that," replied Kary, she had scanned over anything and they came back true. Even the facial appearance of this Lt. Farrel. "I have dealt, with many kids of police officer. What was the purpose of this, idea? To show that nobody could be trusted? I should subvert THE law to my own gain, like the Justice League of before did? I thought the ULJ was about oversight and all that - and namely walking the bounds of the law."

She groaned more, when she mentioned reintegration. "Yeah. Rub salt on the wound, why don't you. A mistake, that likely any other hero, without my capabilities could have done. Although, without maybe blowing themselves up. What did you wanted from me Waller? To disobey the law? Wasn't it the first thing, you said to me - when I was caught. 'Nobody is above the law'. Well, congratulations - I just lost my trust in our one."

@Rui

Kary placed her hand on Aya' shoulder at that, pulling her back onto the seat to calm her down. "Calm down Aya. Remember what I said before?" she spoke, namely indicating that all us humans had petty conflicts. Or namely in this case, of major fucking around by their boss in charge. She took ahold of her hand at that, to calm Aya down - it might burn her hand a bit, but it would help likely anchor Aya back onto the real world.

"Nice going at that. Show her, how humans are untrustworthy bastards - like the slavers, whom likely held her. Was it worth it?" she added, growing more cynical. "This, test here? While we are sitting around - a likely person is being mugged or killed. How do you sleep at night, Waller with that knowledge?" asked Kary, knowing while this dick-waving test was happening - neither her nor Aya could do, what they signed up to do. Namely protect the weak and innocent - instead they'd be sitting here - playing politics over some tough guy in a suit.

Waller waited for both of the girls to respond. His eyes were unwavering. There was a dark, cold abyss in them that overwhelmed any anger and passion the two could have had. Like a King that allowed his graceful eyes to even stand the sight of mere commoners, Waller had shifted of not just their superior, but an infuriated one. Neither of these two understood the situation they were in, one of them was yet again questioning authority and the other was being tainted by it.

"Kal'Aya," Waller said first - primarily because she had replied first, "this entire event was supported by the Lantern Corp and will be returned to them. It is one of several tests that are to reflect the competency of Earth and its safety. This failure will affect more than you know." His first response was simple and to the point. This entire evaluation was not just for some Earthling, but it was for her saviors--the Lantern Corp. It was a necessary annoyance. "Furthermore," he added. As he did, the car engine started up. No driver. It didn't need one. The car did a quick, clean job of getting back onto their road, even through the debris and despite the parallel parking. "You won't be stuck in that car for long. You still have a medical exam, but once it is finished, you will be visiting The Watchtower. Agent Hope will be accompanying you," he explained. 

"As for Agent Hope," Waller transitioned to her without missing a beat, "you are proving to be a total and utter disappointment. My liaison was given the simple instructions to use any method he had personal means and access to. He is a former mercenary, just like me. If had an authentic badge and file, then he created them. The real question is did he make them in the database or interfere with your signals? Actually, that is my main point. You allowed your inorganic assets to override your organic responses. You did not use critical thinking--you used simple true-false processing. Binary. Robotic. Whether you like or not, it is entirely possible for skilled enough individuals to pass themselves by as officials--and normally, when they do, they don't act like Farrel. You say that any hero without your capabilities could have made this mistake, but I say your capabilities and reliance on them were the reason for this mistake."

Waller gave a pause, but just brief enough that he could fully exhale. Hard to believe that after that rant, he was exhaling. As if his lungs could still hold air. "You are an ignorant, insolent, little girl given abilities that you believe make you better than others. You just spoke as if your abilities made your competence greater when it is my determination that they undermined your intuition. What irritates me the most from you, Agent Hope, is that you maintain that attitude that almost all young heroes do: ignoring the bigger picture. You want to question me, in a position of authority, with more responsibility on my shoulders than you could ever hope to bare, all because you're a little upset that your recent involvement in the field showed just how unfit you are for it," he told her, absolutely tearing into her without any semblance of remorse. "Let me make this clear, Agent Hope. You have until you see me this evening in the Watchtower to adjust your attitude and understand your error. You will not justify it with petty logic like you just did. You will not act insubordinate in my office. I will decide if we treat you like the human you want to be or the machine you most undoubtedly are," he explained to her. 

Then something changed. Something inside Karoline. Her networking, wireless receivers, even radio transmitters... all vanished. It was not an interference. Nor were they muted. They were gone. It was an odd feeling. It could be compared to losing a limb considering how frequently and adjusted Karoline was to using them.

"I know it just hit you. This is the first half of my verdict. I don't make 'threats'," he said, playing on the words Aya spoke instead of Kary. "I have disabled your networking and alternate computer processing unit. Part of those alterations we made when you joined. You made the mistake of relying on them, now you can't. You will earn them back. You will take your training seriously. And, without that extra computing power, you're not much more than a tech-savvy, wanna-be hacker. I don't have a reason to diminish your augmentation, so I'm allowing you to retain your strength, extrasensory capabilities and endurance, but just to let you know... I can remove those with a single switch, too. You'll see just how reliant you were. If you don't know something from your own memory, not the synthetic one or a network, you won't know it. In fact... I think this even means you can't speak Aurian anymore," Waller said, allowing that final thought to settle in. All languages aside from her primary were gone. This included coding, networking, algorithms--everything that made her a decent hacker. They weren't at her disposal anymore. Waller could just... take them away. 

It became evident that Joseph Waller, III was truly the grandson of Amanda Waller. 

@NecroKnight @Rui (It's within his character. I'm going to warn you now. He--and I by extension--will absolutely remove Karoline from the field if she cannot understand how her actions put her at fault. If she can't accept blame and grow from this, Waller is going to put her through conditioning.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back