Star City

D3lmoniko

Warden of the West

latest

Star City

Star City is a major metropolis in the United States of America. The city is home to important businesses and corporations such as Queen Consolidated and Merlyn Global Group. Despite being a thriving metropolis, Star City is rife with poverty, crime and corruption. Starling City is made up of various neighborhoods, though the largest (and poorest) is the Glades.

Conception and 19th Century

Colonel Jeb Star founded the territory of Fort Plymouth in the year 1797. In the early half of the 19th century, Fort Plymouth grew into a prosperous trading community luring prospectors all the way from Canada to ply their trades. With the establishment of the continental railroad system in the 1860s, Fort Plymouth developed into a thriving cattle town with large ranches, slaughterhouses, and stockyards.

1897 was the year of the "Great Fire". It earned this appellation when a stockyard smokehouse was set ablaze, burning most of Fort Plymouth to the ground. Developers and architects rebuilt the city into a living symbol of modernism and named it after it's founding father, Jeb Star.

20th Century

In the modern era, Star City has become known as the base of operations of the Emerald Archer, Green Arrow. As Green Arrow, Oliver Queen worked out of Star City for many years, struggling to disable a network of corrupt corporate bureaucrats. He initially worked alongside his teen partner, Speedy, and again later with his paramour, Black Canary. Approximately ten years ago, Ollie left Star City with his friend, Hal Jordan, to travel across the country and explores the American heartland. He later relocated for an extended period of time in Seattle, Washington, but ultimately found himself returning home to Star City.

21th Century

Soon enough, the love between Black Canary and Green Arrow blossomed, resulting in a son : Skylar Queen. But, situation between the 'Arrow family' didn't fair well, however. The former Speedy, Roy Harper, left Star City. Mia Dearden disappeared one day, and never resurfaced ever since. Soon after, even Black Canary vanished. It doesn't help that Oliver won't talk about it. In the years preceding Oliver passing down his mantle to his son, Skylar was trained in an almost inhuman training regime.

Nowadays, the streets are patrolled by the new Green Arrow, Skylar Queen, and his new partner/protege Red Arrow, Liam Nguyen. But the city is in a worse shape than anyone would want. The Glades, new residential areas that were destined to house the growing population of Star City, are now a breeding ground for street level thugs, new gangs, and very many not-so legal things. They are considered a slum area, as many buildings are left in a deplorable state. The Queen Foundation have recently decided to cut their loses by not sponsoring the "Second Chance" rehabilitation program for youths from this little slum, as well as closing the "Star City Youth Recreational Center".

On the opposite side of the social spectrum lies City Core, where the Queen Industries tower stands tall, like a watchtower. The area is well off, as only some of the most wealthy afford to live here. If you would put the two areas side by side, it would seem like a totally different city... if not for the crime rate. Even if their net worth is in the millions, some of these citizens are dabbling in criminal activities. The city is starting to follow it's East Coast counterpart.

Old Town along with Aurora complete this compilation of 'worst zones to live in' from Star City. While the League and the once protectors of this city turned their eyes from Star City, so did the vermin rise up and start to eat at it's core. The Star City now is completely different from it's early 20th century counterpart. Some might compare the odd criminal situation to another once criminal haven : Gotham. Will it share the same fate?

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE= 48px]Red Arrow[/SIZE]

It was nighttime. Star City looked as lively in the night as it did in the day. Streetlamps made pedestrian's walk home safer, and brighter. Cars passing by brought sound to the usually quiet streets. It was not windy, nor rainy. It was a rather calm night, compared to others. The lights from the Queen Industries Tower lit up the sky around it with a slight warm color. The neighbors seemed annoyed at first, but soon, they got used with it.

In Jackson Park, a couple of youths are walking along the cobblestone roads. "I'm telling you Kim, the party was amazing!" The male said. "It would've been wonderful if you haven't gotten sick half-way through." The female added, looking slightly annoyed. "Hey babe, it was just a weird reaction from the chips. I'm fine now." He says winking, as the girl sighs and turns her head towards him, smiling slightly.

"So, are we going to my place, or your- ARGH!" The man let out a yell, clutching his stomach. "Lance!" She took a few steps back, covering her mouth with her hands. The man's transformation is gruesome to watch, as some of his bones snap in place, the sound of cracking bones, the expansion of his mouth, along with thick gray fur covering his body. His cloths start to rip and mold to the new form.

"L-Lance?" She reached out to him with one hand, and the creature starts snarling, preparing to jump at the girl. Kim closes her eyes and shrieks, but another sound is heard, as an arrow stick into the werewolf, as Liam jumps in and snatches her. "Keep your head down!" Liam yells, as he lays her down a little farther from the werewolf. The arrow ticks and explodes, his fur catching on fire a little, as it growls. "Are you alright?" Liam asks the girl, who can only nod with a scared look on her face.

Red Arrow, or Liam Nguyen, rises up, looking at the werewolf. "Yo! That's no way to treat a lady!" The creature roars and charges at Liam. With a smile, he jumps, and, while in air, fires a normal arrow at him. It deflects, as if it hit a corner. He shoots another arrow with an explosive tip, this time the explosion opening a small wound on it. Seeing as it can't win, the werewolf decides to go and tend to his wounds, as it starts running on all fours. Liam tries to run after it, but it seems fast, as it manages to go out of sight.

With a sigh and a swear in his native language, he puts a hand on his communicator in his ear. "Jenna? I might need some help. Meet me in Jackson Park. I'll tend to someone here." Returning to where the woman was, he sees her standing down crying. Liam crouches in front of her. "Did that creature hurt you? Did you know it?" "It's not an it!" She retorted, tears in her eyes. "...It's my boyfriend, Lance..."

@Demonhunter

[SIZE= 16px]Jenna[/SIZE]

Jenna was at home, happy in her cosy apartment. It wasn't big, nor fancy, but it was clean and just what she needed. Sodom laid by the heater that was fixed to be a fake fireplace while Rai was working on some fun stir-fry. It was a calm night, normally she would be out on the town, enjoying herself for once now that she was rid of that blasted demon. She quickly reprimanded herself for that thought. Sure, Rai had been invited into her body and it made sense she'd be reluctant to leave. She couldn't hate her for that. Jenna jumps as the communicator goes off, Sodom lazily lifting his head to glance in her direction before she elbows the communicator on speaker. You're on speaker, hon. She calls as she goes back to keeping the rice from sticking to the bottom of the skillet. She hadn't even looked to see who was calling, rather she just called everyone 'hon', 'sugar', or 'babe'. 

She quickly moves the skillet of the burner and turns the stove off as soon as she heard Liam's voice. On it! Jenna chirps, washing the rice off her hands before whistling at Sodom to come, which he did. And she was off, pulling on a jacket she began walking toward the park, which really wasn't too far away from her house. 

Sadly she wasn't fast anymore and Sodom, although he was huge, Jenna refused to get on anything like a horse ever again. Perhaps it was a phobia. The curls in her blonde hair bounce as she kept her swift pace, pulling her jacket around her tighter as the chill began biting through her frail form. Eventually she made it, hellish dog in tow and keeping a lookout for it's holder. Liam? I made it. She calls, huffing for a second. She still wasn't in the best of shape, and she'd lost a good 15 pound she probably didn't need to lose. She walks for a second before spotting the bright red suit and making her way that way. You called? Jenna asks, perking as Sodom growls at Liam and Kim. Hey. Easy. She orders sternly, having learned that she had to take control and call the shots to keep control over her familiar. Sodom wasn't her pet, he wasn't really even her friend, they were companions, but Sodom was more of a wild animal. 

@AnnoDomini

Liam heard Jenna as he helped the girl up. "This girl was almost killed by a meta-human that looks like a wolf." Kim simply looked away from the group, her hands crossed at her chest. "Get to a police station, and tell them what happened." "I can't." She retorted, looking at Jenna, then widening her eyes while looking at Sodom. "I'm sorry, I can't both protect you and find your boyfriend. I... We need to know that at least you are safe somewhere. So, go." Kim huffed, and, turning around, she head towards the Daleyville Police Station.

Sighing, Liam started to scratch the back of his head. "I battled this... monstrous meta-human. Well, he looked like a failed attempt to create one. I managed to wound it, so I taught maybe Sodom could pick up its trace." He looked around, stretching a bit, before thinking about what the girl said. 'Did she turn him into that? Argh, I should've asked if something weird happened before all of this. Sky would've killed me for this.'

His expression changed to a rather annoyed one. He remembered that Sky was away with, as he put it, 'council business', leaving him alone in a city that needed the both of them.

@Demonhunter

Jenna

[COLOR= rgb(152, 157, 160)] Jenna was still dressed in civilian clothes, she rarely ever wore anything other than those unless she knew she was going on a mission where combat would be apropriate. Although she did bring her scythes with her, both squeezed in her left hand. [/COLOR]I'm glad to see she's alright. Jenna smiles. Although there were underlying reasons for her joy to see she wouldn't have to heal anyone. Healing was painful for her, whatever wound she healed, would inflict pain of equal or greater caliber depending on severity. Small gunshot wound to the shoulder? She could probably handle that and not want to scream, but larger things like disembowelment was brutal and even put a strain on her cardiac muscles. But she kept quiet about this. She didn't want anyone to be hessitant to utilize her so she never told anyone.

Sodom yawns, ploping his haunches to the ground. Jenna groans, casting a despaired glance to the stubborn beast. I can see. It's a fight getting him to do anything... All he does is. stare.  Jenna's voice almost dropped a tone at that last bit. Sodom's amber gaze was unnerving to say the least, but rather he was terrifying when he just stared like that. So blank he looked like a statue. Jenna did have times when the hound scared her half to death, the rest of the time was a constant state of nervousness, but they had their moments. Sometimes Sodom'd hop in bed with her and inside on sleeping by her side-and take up the majority of the space.  She took in a deep breath and turns to the glaring hound. Sodom... track. Sodon just glares stubbornly, testing Jenna's authority.

Sodom. Her voice turns stern as the hound's expression changes and he stands, growling out a snort before sauntering irritably to where the blood began. Relief passed over Jenna's face as she managed to gain control. It was these little altercations that made her have some confidence in their relationship. Well I got him to do it. Lets see if he sticks with it.  Hazel eyes held a slight hint of worry, but soon Sodom was on the move, slowly with his nose to the ground he stalks, following from one bloody puddle, to where a tuft of fur had been pulled loose on a fence, to a place on an ally wall where the beast rubbed against, leaving a smear, around a corner and to a clawed trashcan then to a dead end where Sodom suddenly starts barking up to the rooftops. Jenna tosses on scythe into her free hand, getting into a gaurded stance. Whatever it is, it's up there. Want any help? She asks Liam, eyes glittering in the moonlight.

@AnnoDomini

Liam looked at the beast, following it as it close on the tracks of the werewolf. Red stopped in his tracks looking at Sodom barking, then looked at the rooftops. "Good boy Sodom." His hand went to his quiver, counting his arrows. Letting out a groan, he let his hand down. 'My best choice is to capture it... I can't damage it with normal arrows...' But, his head turned to Jenna when she spoke.

"Sky might kill me if I would let you join this fight. But, I can't fight it with my arrows..." Thinking, Liam started to pace back and forward. A howl could be heard from the roof, snapping Liam out of his concentration. "Look... I will distract the meta-human, make him attack me. You just strike from the shadows. And keep Sodom out of it. It's your... I don't know, familiar or some mambo-jambo. That... subject is kind of dangerous."

And with that Liam climbed the building with ease, his agility seeming quite impressive as he jumped from fire escape to fire escape like a monkey in the jungle. Arriving on the top, he could see the meta-human grasping a body, its head missing. Liam took an arrow from his quiver, tensing his bow. "Step away from the body..." 'Great choice of words dummy!' The werewolf growled and tossed the body at Liam, him quickly dodging it, the body hitting the other building and plummeting down in the alley bellow.

Letting go of the arrow, it flew at the target, slowly spinning in the air. The creature caught it, holding it in front of his face. "A...rrow?" Liam's eyes widened at this sudden sentence. But, the arrow detonated, hurting its face, starting to growl at Liam and lunging at him. "Jenna now! Non-fatal blows!"

@Demonhunter

Jenna

Jenna's eyes trail to the roof but in truth her mind was sent scattering over the mere mention of that man's name. She was certain he disliked her now. They'd barely spoken since she was freed. I really don't think he would care at all. She blurts before even thinking. Jenna's voice almost shook but she had to shake it off. Getting distracted by things was how people got themselves killed. She listens to Liam's plan, signaling for Sodom to stay where he was and going up a separate fire escape to keep out of sight.

She had a bit to think, no, to remember. It as like she was sitting in the passenger seat the whole time, in no control of her own body. But yet, she still got emotionally invested in everything Rai did. As if her life became Rai's life. Part of her kind of expected to just take up Rai's old role. No diffrence, just jenna. Then again she also wanted as far away from that demon and her memory as she could. 

It took her a bit longer to get up the stairs, but as she did the second she reached the top was when Liam yelled for her. She drew only once scythe, turning it so the piece the handle was attached to would do the striking rather than the blade. She lunches, moving to try and hit the beast as hard as she could right under the arms to the diaphragm. 

Red Arrow and Green Arrow

The beast looked his eyes on Liam, swinging his claws at him. Liam managed to do a back flip, dodging the attack. Then, came Jenna's attack. The werewolf stepped back, the handle hitting in in the diaphragm, making it grasp its throat. It growled and was ready to strike Jenna. Liam aimed one of his arrows at it, but, when fired, it simply bounced off him. "Jenna!". But, a few arrows came flying at the target, hitting it in the shoulders, and one striking it in the chest, knocking the werewolf down.

Liam fired a net arrow at it, trapping the creature in place. "Sloppy work Red." Came a rather familiar voice. It was Green Arrow, walking slowly towards Red, Ghost behind him. "Before we go any further, everybody this is Ghost Hack, Ghost Hack, meet everybody." Liam looked at Karoline, nodding. "Nice to meet you. Red Arrow. She is Jenna Constantine." Green just took a short glance at Jenna, before returning his gaze towards the werewolf, crossing his arms. "What do we have here?"

"Male, 23 I think-" "You think?" "I'm sure. He was with this woman in Jackson Park." "Is she safe?" "I'm getting ther-" "Answer my question." "Yes!" Came an exasperated response from Liam. "God, just have patience." "Liam, we have a werewolf that won't be asleep for too long. Do you really think we have the luxury of time?" Liam let out another sigh. "She's at the Daleyville Police Station. Her boyfriend is this meta-human." "Liam, I don't think this might be a meta-human... I might need to investigate..." Skylar felt a little unease at this realization.

"I will go and question the girl. You all take our guest to the base." "You sure you don't want to take Jenna? She might-" "No, I need you three to transport the creature safely. I can do this without Rai's help." He said, pointing at Jenna, then turning his back on the others, using his rope arrows to swing from roof to roof, running towards the Police Station.

Meanwhile, Liam heard what Sky said, and went near Jenna, slowly rubbing her shoulder. "He can be an a-hole sometimes, I know. Come on Jenna." He said, a little remorse in his voice. He went to Karoline, putting a smile on. "So... Ghost Hack. What can you do? And make it fast, please, cause our guest is getting restless." Liam said, turning a little towards the werewolf.

@Demonhunter@NecroKnight

"I can do all sorts of things," she replied, pulling on her uniform with a quick flick and snap. Namely a simple coat, with a broken-like mask to hide her face.

Her voice soon hanged to a more mechanical, neutral sounding voice at that. Rubbing her wrists in preparation. "Hacker. Low and high tech. EM-vision. And I know about twenty defence arts. Master-level at that. I can combine it all together, and combine with my tactical scanner - enable to kill or incapacitate a man in one strike, if I wish."

"I am also one and half times stronger than your average human. Plus I can tune your car or bike, if need be," she finished. "Ready to protect and serve."

Jenna

Jenna let out what might have been a laugh, or the beginnings of one. She actually hit it. She was suprized she had enough lead in her ass to even do any sort of damage. She was too caught up to realize she needed to guard,  She got her scythe in front of her best she could, Fully expecting to take a nasty hit.  However, thank god the attack was stopped. She could deal damage, but couldn't take it very well. 

She gave a sigh of relief, whistling for Sodom, who soon lept up to the roof with ease, joining his charge and growling at Skylar with the rage of a thousand hells. Dammit, Sodom, down. She groans as the beast looks back to Jenna with a firey burning hatred before deciding to go sit by the restrained wolf. I'm sorry, He's um... unmanagable. Jenna mewls, slightly afraid of her 'dog'. That thing could turn on her at any time and strike her down with relative ease. Why he hadn't was confusing but there was a reason. Something about their bond and contract, but god forbid she get too badly injured that their shared magic be strained. A strain in that relationship would result in Jenna becoming the beast's target. 

Taking a deep breath she finally gets the guts to face Skylar, Which quickly backfired as he called her Rai. She flinches visibly, burying her feelings down. Emotions had no place at work, thus why she usually hit the dance studio for hours after any encounter with him, this why she worked off every bit of extra weight she had. He was never this way with me before. She mumbles as Liam tried reassuring her. Sure he didn't treat her this way when Rai was in control, but even before the accident, when they were kids. He was never this cold. Atleast not to her. 

Jenna's attention snapped to her familiar, who was sniffing at the rousing wolf. She wistles.Sodom, get over here. She demands sternly, trying to make herself heard and was actually obeyed. He decided to take a seat next to her, looking rather annoyed.

@AnnoDomini  @necroknight

Red Arrow

Liam raised an eyebrow at Ghost. "Alright. Seems you are more than qualified for this job. I have a question though. Are y-" The werewolf started to growl, as it tried to escape, but the rope was too tough to rip apart. Liam quickly got a tranquilizer arrow. Knowing it's skin was tough for normal arrows to pierce, Liam took out one of Sky's arrows. It was a silver arrow, looking like the one Rai gave him back in the day. He put it away, careful not to contaminate the blood from it.

As soon as he stuck the arrow in, the werewolf howled, falling asleep. Liam let out a sigh, starting to drag the werewolf. "Alright you two. We're going to the base. And fast." As he spoke, he took a look at Ghost. "I hope you have silver bullets on you."

[COLOR= rgb(0, 128, 0)]Green Arrow[/COLOR]

Sky arrived in front of the police station, entering it. The whole station fell silent, as policemen eyed him. A rather young looking detective came to him. "...Late shift again?" "You know it." The detective let out a laugh, patting him on the shoulder. "Come on Green. She's right over here." As they walked, Sky took a glimpse of a wanted poster for a man named "Brick", along with some photos of a creepy looking mask, with the caption "Masked Man Strikes again."

The door to the office opened, and Sky entered, along with the detective. The girl, Kim, was sitting on her chair, sipping on some coffee. She looked shaken. "Go easy on her, alright? She ain't no criminal." Skylar gave him a rather annoyed look, as the detective just let out a sigh. "Give me a signal if you need anything." Skylar nodded, and the detective went out the door. Green placed himself in the seat in front of her. "So... Kim. Can you tell me what happened at the park tonight?"

She simply sighed. "...Can't you find out from the cop?" "I need to hear it from you sweetheart-" "I'm not your sweetheart, creep." Skylar shook his head. "I know. Yours is now a furry, isn't he?" Kim simply looked up at him, almost growling. "You think this is funny?! My boyfriend is a creature that most probably is dead now! So I'm sorry if I don't see the fun part!" Skylar raised his arms in front of him. "I'm sorry Kim, I didn't mean it like that. I'm just trying to get him back."

At that point, Kim started to cry. Skylar raised up and went in to reassure her, but he was stopped by her pushing him away. "Get away from me. You look like the rich type, the ones that look down on us! Lance was my love... is my love! You don't even know how hard it is to loose someone you love!" Sky stood in his place. "Believe me... I am the one who would understand that better than anyone else..." Skylar stood down on his chair again, looking at Kim. He started to tell her his side of his story, as the detective outside stood cross-armed, deciding not to hear what Sky was saying.

[COLOR= rgb(178, 34, 34)]-The Arrow Cave (Quiver) -[/COLOR]

Arrow-Cave-Season-3.jpg

The trio arrived at the base. It wasn't as big as the batcave, but enough for what the Arrow Family needed. The computer was state-of-the art, but was not used too much, as they didn't have an IT expert, or someone to coordonate them. The only use it had was to monitor criminal activity. And to google different things. There were two stands for Sky and Liam's armor, a bench on witch to work on arrows, a semi gym to train, and, of course, a small laboratory.

Liam growled as he threw the sleeping carcass of the werewolf on the floor. "Alright, Ghost, welcome to the Quiver. Sky- I mean Green calls it the Arrow Cave, but I think the Quiver is more soothing. Make yourself at home." With a huff, he raised the body up, throwing it on a surgical-looking table. Rushing, he found some chains to restrain the creature. They weren't of silver, but of some titan-alloy. Strong enough to hold an elephant.

Liam took the arrow from his quiver, and took it to the laboratory. He was trying to get a DNA test, to see what happened, or if he could get some background. The machine started to work, and Liam turned to Jenna and Karoline. "Alright. We've got time now. Tell us about yourself Ghost Hack. And if you have some questions, you can ask us now." He let out a smile, standing near the table where the werewolf was, putting his left arm on its chest.

@Demonhunter@NecroKnight

@AnnoDomini

Ghost crossed her arms and looked at Liam with a blank look. Albeit underneath the mask, she was likely giving him the 'really dude' look.

"I am an Infiltrator/Hacker," she replied. "My job is sneak, hacking and hand-in-hand fighting. Having a gun or such specialized ammo, kinda ruins my gimmick. So no, I don't carry such equipment."

"So I do hope you ULJ guys are as good as they say," spoke Kary', as she shifted her eyes into X-Ray and she gave their wolf a scan.

---

She looked around when they arrived there, humming to herself. She had mostly operated out of her apartment - not such a fancy place like this.

Kary' soon heard them speak about her and decided to ask the questions, she wanted answers for. "Okay. What will be my objective, as an ULJ member? When shall I get sent on missions?"

"Thirdly. I want your honest opinion about me. Being who I am, I have a very strong wish for my own survival. And finally can I get access to my files in the ULJ database? Being a hero is all fun and game - but I won't be playing, if I got an order to my name to scrap me, the moment I think to leave."

"Is that a fair request?" she asked, removing her mask.

[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Red Arrow[/COLOR]

Liam cleared his throat. "Your objective is to keep this sector clean of criminals. As for missions, we don't have active missions. We patrol the streets, and take on criminals as they appear. For example, tonight I was searching for a drug smuggling ring, and stumbled upon this." Liam said, motioning to the werewolf. At the third question Liam was dumbfounded. "Well... To be honest, I don't know anything about you other than your alias."

"And, for the database, that you have to ask the council members. We don't have access to our own personal files. And to scrap you? I don't think you might be trash to be disposed of." After she removed her mask, Liam took a step back. "...Alright, you better start explaining... Quite fast." Liam was on his toes after what she said. "If you want, I can start. I am Liam Nguyen, and I'm an ex-soldier raised in the Glades, in this city."

@NecroKnight

@AnnoDomini

"My name is Karoline Hope, I was an orphan, got enrolled into an Orphanage when I was around thirteen," she spoke. Then sighed, knowing that teamwork would be the key here. "That is the official story."

"Unofficially. I am a Mark-08 Infiltrator Unit. Created by Professor Ivo," she sighed, rubbing her face. "Or was. The lab I was created was attacked by the League. And I got shipped away, my first memories being in STAR Labs and escaping from there as some supervillain was attacking it. Only several years later, I got to know that my likely fate was to be reduced to scrap."

"I learned that fact, roughly a few months ago - before I started fighting crime in Metropolis. Then get caught by this large black armored guy. Fact of law - join the ULJ or any further damage is on your head. Yeah, being a synth-organic cyborg - I don't think jail would have been my future. Machines don't have rights here," she sighed, looking at him. Her entire life story spoken.

Jenna would be honnest here. I know nothing of you, Although I have been out of the loop of sorts. She chimes, looking around the arrow cave. She'd been down here a time or two. Well,  SHE hadn't. She was busy looking around as all the things that'd changed. Name's Jenna. Really nothing special about me. She smiles, glancing to Sodom, who was staring down ghost like a feral beast on a chain. His unsettling glare screamed death behind those empty eyes. Jenna noticed the staring and sighs. She'd never get him to stop that. She was almost certain that the Hellhound was incapable of not staring at people. Then again there was something about a ledgend and making eye contact with one would bring untimely death. However Jenna had made direct eye contact before and she was still alive. Others had done so as well, so that obviously wasn't true. Although she did have to keep him from ripping into some people for staring right back at him. Heads up, don't stare at the dog. He gets irratable.  She warns, going back to looking around at the Arrow cave before settling onto the wolf-like creature. 

No wounds were too serious, so she place a hand on one of the minor cuts from the arrows, hand glowing a feint cyan as the wounds began healing. Jenna winces, but doesn't show too much pain as the corresponding locations began to itch, then burn like fire. However it wasn't bad. She'd had worse. She only healed the most painful looking cuts as to not cause the innocent thing too much pain. He may look terrifying, but he was still just a man trapped inside (or atleast she assumed). She could sympathize. I highly doubt anyone here would stand to see you scrapped, hon. She looks back to the cyborg, sweet smile crossing her lips. We're all like family, and now that you're in, no one will allow that. Her voice was soft, like a bell, and easy to never hear at all if one wasn't paying attention.

@NecroKnight

@AnnoDomini

Liam listened to her talk. He didn't hear about Professor Ivo before. Then about the League attacking it. So, that means that Ivo was a bad guy, and she was created by a villain. But, for Liam, she didn't seem like the villain type. He even saw a little of himself in her. He put a hand on her shoulder, smiling. "You are not a machine Karol. You're a hero until proven otherwise in my book. And as Jenna said, you are part of this dysfunctional family."

"It's weird that you've been assigned Star City and not Metropolis though. But, if the ULJ thinks this is the best decision, I trust them. After all, they got me out of a lot of trouble." He smiled and blushed, as an image of someone crossed his mind. He looked away for a moment, containing his smile. "So... You have a place to stay at? We have a bed and facilities here as well, so you might use this a crash-pad for the moment. I know I used it a couple of nights. The bed is stiff, so your back might hurt."

Liam then slapped his forehead, letting out a small giggle. "Sorry. Forgot about the synthetic part. Look, you can try and mess around with the computer and the database. Jenna, a minute of your time, please?" Red said, motioning her to come near the lab, at a distance from Karoline.

@NecroKnight@Demonhunter

Jenna was off in her own little world in her head, recovering from healing pains in actuality. It just helped to zone out for a couple seconds. She perks as her name was called, shaking her out of her semi-dazed state. Yeah, sure- ow. She winces once she takes a step, her back hurt from healing those arrow wounds. She straightens before realizing she'd just kind of showed she was hurting.  Dance accident.  She lies, heading off any question before they may be asked.

She painstakenly walks to the lab with Liam, forcing herself not to show any pain at all and luckily it was now starting to dull away. What's up?  She wispers curiously. Meanwhile Sodom just continued to stare at the cyborg, now that Jenna had walked off he began stalking ever closer. No signs of agression (asside from the staring), but also no sign of being friendly either.

@NecroKnight @AnnoDomini

@AnnoDomini

@Demonhunter

Karoline wanted to mention, that the synthetic part didn't mean she was entirely a machine. But, she could talk about it later.

She avoided eye-contact with the beast in the room, namely Sodom. If Jenna said it was alright, then she decided to trust her words.

She headed behind the computer - soon typing in her name and started to search the database and news about her. She hoped her rep was still intact - or atleast that of Karoline Hope.

Liam looked at her, crossing his arms. "Jenna, you know better than to lie to me. I should be the one hiding my wounds not you." Sighing, he looks at his feet, kicking the air. "Listen, about what Sky said. I don't know what's gotten into him. I never seen him like this. He's... distracted. Like, he doesn't even seem like himself anymore. I-I can't imagine how you feel about this." Looking at Karol, he went closer to Jenna. "I can take Karol on patrol, leaving you and Sky alone if you want to. You can confront him about this."

"If you need things to get off your chest, I'm here. You've been like a mom for me so far." Liam hugs her. "If you want, I can give you fighting tips. Not on Sky's level, but still basic martial arts." With another sigh, he looked at the blood test, as it beeps. "Nice. It's done." He looks at the dates, starting to read outloud. "Lance DeLear. 23, Male. Blood type O, rh negative. Quite rare. Well, something sure did something to his DNA codding. It... I don't know, kind of messed up his DNA. But the trace cuts off there. Let's hope Sky's got more luck."

[SIZE= 48px]Green Arrow[/SIZE]

Sky exited the room, clearing his throat. "She's alright, I got all I need." "Alright. Need any backup?" "Stay hooked onto that radio detective. I might need some soon." The detective nodded, entering the room to see Kim staying in her place and still sipping her coffee quietly. "Quite a knight that one, right?" Kim stood silent. Outside the station, Sky looked at the sky, then started running towards the Quiver, quite in a hurry.

@Demonhunter@NecroKnight

You're wounded? She asked, skipping over the part of Liam's concern for her. She was then forced to abandon said thoughts when the issue of Skylar and his strange recent behavior. She was heartbroken that Skylar couldn't bear to even look at her, She felt so horrible that even the sight of her caused him pain. She closes her eyes. I think I mostly feel guilty. I'm the one who messed him up in the first place. She shook her head. If I had stayed quiet and let Rai do as she pleased, he wouldn't be this way. But, God, sharing a body with her was so hard! It never mattered what I wanted to do.  Her voice was shaky, but Jenna was good at hiding pain, it was all she ever did. I can try to start a conversation with him. He'll probably just either run away or shut me down again. But she was willing to try. Confrontation wasn't her strongsuit.

Thankyou, Liam. She adored Liam with everything she had, he was special to her, keeping her sane for the most part. I may take you up on that offer. Getting killed again doesn't sound like much use.  She smiles, trying to push it all down again. The results of the test were back and she turns back to see her hound stalking down the cyborg. She wistles, forcing him to sit in his tracks. Can DNA even be recoded?  She asked. Science wasn't exactly her thing, all made no sense to her

@AnnoDomini  @NecroKnight

Red Arrow and Green Arrow

"I can only read the basics for Lance here. The other is from our database. But without Sky, I ca-" "It's so adorable you care Red." Liam looked to see Skylar walking inside the Quiver, looking at Karoline as he passed the computer. "Don't look at the history, please. I'm not proud of myself." Skylar went next to the werewolf. "The Factory, East Gary. It was some wanna-be Warhol club. I've spent a few money in there. The champagne was kind of expensive."

Liam went next to Karoline. "Got it Green. Me and Ghost Hack will infiltrate the club. She is an infiltrator after all, so that should give us an advantage, unlike the last times we tried." Skylar crossed his hands to his chest. "That sounds good Liam. I ca-" "You will take Jenna and overview us on a rooftop." Green wanted to say something, but he stood silent. "...No Liam." "Skylar... Come on man. I can take care of Karoline. You two need to trust me more." "Liam!" At that Liam turned to look at him.

"Listen Liam. I don't like you getting your nose where it doesn't belong. Know your fucking place." Red did not expect that, and looked at the ground, sighing. Skylar turned to look at Jenna, a neutral expression on his face. "...But I will accept, nontheless. Ghost Hack, Liam, I'm putting my trust in you two. At the signal, we'll join you in capturing the culprit." Liam smiled a little, putting his hand on Karoline's shoulder. "I'll meet you in front of the club in an hour. It's a long walk there, so remember you can use the exit over there-" He says, pointing to a metallic door. "-to get where you want fast. Those are some tunnels that go under the city for miles, so you might want to use it. It will allow you to exit at the intersection of Hope and Franz. From there, it's just a straight walk down Hope and you'll find the sign that indicates the place."

Skylar went next to Jenna, finally looking at her after all this time. Mixed emotions appeared on his face, before clearing his throat. "I expect you to be on alert. We might need to look out for them, so take some binoculars. I'll meet you outside in 5." And with that, he went past her, heading for the door. Liam went to the dressing room, picking out an outfit. "Oh! The club isn't Warhol-like anymore! It's just some normal club! Forgot to say that!" Liam chimed in, a little wiff of sarcasm in his voice.

-An hour later-

Skylar stood on the roof top across the club, looking at the entrance. "Red, I can see the club. No armed guards, just a bouncer at the entrance. The back alley seems to have a camera installed. There are no windows inside, so it would be impossible to monitor you two inside. So, when you call for back-up, remember : don't do it in the last second." Liam was in front of the club, having a black hoodie with some neon red linings on it, a pair of grey jeans and some really old-looking red sneakers. "Read you out loud Green. Will do." Liam looks at Karoline, smiling. "Ready for your first infiltration mission?"

@NecroKnight@Demonhunter

Jenna damn near jumped out of her skin at the mere sound of Skylar's voice.  Deep down she wanted to be happy and to offer a welcome-back hug but, then she kind of began to remember his disdain for her when Liam argued in her interest. She offers a warm smile toward Liam but his scared stiff once he actually acknowledged her. It was a start. 

Her eyes trailed up to see Skylar's face, he looked so different. So tired. Like he hadn't slept at all or couldn't. She had the urge to hug him and try to heal him, but she could not fix what was broken like that. She feared he was broken and may never be fixed just as herself. She didn't look too diffrent at all, her face stilled looked airbrushed but her eyes sparkled blue in the odd lighting in the Arrow cave, they only turned a light hazel in the sun. With her markings gone, her face actually had a bit of color to it, light pink showing up on her cheekbones as dark lashes brushed them with each blink. She still had that wild and curly blonde hair that would form loose and bouncy ringlets on their own.  

She glances back at him as he just walks past her, opening her mouth to say something but couldn't fight the balls to say anything.

---LATER---

Jenna sat on the roof, watching with ease. She'd found a nice pair of binoculars, but she couldn't keep her hand steady to use them. She was freezing cold. The weight drop did often leave her chilled to the bone in mild weather. Sodom? She calls, knowing her hellhound offered a little heat, but seems at the moment he was unwilling to sit next to her and share it. Damn dog.  she groans, tensing as he bit out a bitter bark at her. She flinches, rather disliking the idea of getting mauled at the moment. 

Bouncer kind of looks like The Rock, doesn't he? She asks jokingly, just trying to get Skylar to talk to her.

@AnnoDomini @NecroKnight

@AnnoDomini

@Demonhunter

"Got it," replied Kary', after hearing the trio bicker here like a couple of kids. And these were people, whose responsibility was keep a city save from harm. She hoped this wouldn't hinder the mission, since that would be a real, hole in the ULJ credibility.

---

"Born ready, Liam," she replied, appearing in some blue jeans, a rock&roll T-shirt and a white jacket. Her hair had been dyed black, eyes were a shade of grey and her faced looked to be of someone else. It was only her voice that gave it away, albeit she was already doing some practice to change it.

"Let's go have some fun," she chirped, taking ahold of his hand and walking towards the club entrance. "And my eyes are up here," she added, despite her 'being' she did have a nice size rack on her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back