• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Spring Semester Partner Search

butterflychaser

She rules her life like a fine skylark

So right now, I'm looking for one or two more partners, preferably someone who is pretty active and replies frequently. I'm kind of tired right now of waiting for forever to get a single reply to my roleplays, so, yeah, I don't want someone who's gonna do that to me at the moment.

Rules:

Like most roleplayers, I have my own rules. There aren't that many, really, but they’re very important to me, and I’d like to see them followed. Here they are:

1) Please use full sentences and proper grammar/spelling. Yes, I understand that not everyone can spell every word in the world, but most computers come with a word processor that has a built in spell checker. Please utilize that, or at least come close enough that I have an idea of what you mean.

2) It would be great if you could give me something to work with. Quality over quantity, right? However, this doesn’t mean that you can get by with giving me one or two sentences per reply, especially when I’m typing out long paragraphs for you. That won’t fly.

3) Everything isn’t about your characters, so don’t try to make it seem that way. Your characters aren’t perfect – they have to have some sort of character flaws. Otherwise, they’re incredibly boring, and the roleplay won’t be fun. I’ll end it if this happens.

4) Our roleplay will take place over two PMs, one for chatting and throwing around ideas, and one for the actual roleplay. If you've read this far, please PM me and title it (Your Name) and Butterfly OOC. If you don't do this, it's very likely that I won't roleplay with you, because that'll say to me that you didn't bother to read my post.

5) If you want to end the roleplay, by all means let me know. Don’t just stop replying. I don’t want to sit around forever waiting on a reply that’s never going to come. It would also be nice if you could let me know if you were going to be offline for a while, but that’s not really a big issue.

6) Please let me know if you're starting to get bored with something. Again, please don't just stop replying. Tell me that you're bored, and we can figure out a way to spice things up, or we can start something new. I'm not going to bite your head off or anything.

7) I only roleplay over PMs, as they're easier for me to keep up with.

8) Please try to be active. I'm tired of starting roleplays that never go anywhere because the other person is never around. Trust me, I know that life happens and we all have responsibilities, but if you don't really have the time to commit to a roleplay, please don't bother messaging me.

[Note: I am a full time college student, so there may be times when I won't be able to reply. I will, however, do my best to notify you of these instances beforehand]

9) You need to be willing to play both male and female characters. I refuse to play only a male just because you're only comfortable with playing female and/or are inexperienced with playing male. It isn't fair to me that way, and I would like this to be as fair to both of us as possible. Besides that, if you're serious about writing and roleplaying, it's my belief that you should strive to improve on areas where you're weak, and playing only one character because you're uncomfortable/inexperienced with the other gender falls under this.

I think that’s all of them. They aren't all that difficult, are they?

Anyway, I may or may not ask for a sample of your roleplaying. Usually, I won’t, but if you tiipe liek diz, I definitely will. Please don’t get mad if I see the sample and decide I don’t want to roleplay with you.

Here is my list of topics that I will NOT roleplay:

Twilight

Anything where we're animals the whole time

Hunger Games (I haven't read the books)

Fandoms (Sorry, I'm just lame and don't have time for any of them)

Pairings I'm willing to try:

Italics are pairings I'm most interested in at the moment, but the others are open as well

Modern:

New neighbors

Best friend x Best friend

Arranged Marriage

Someone with a lover x the lover's bestfriend

Celebrity x Nobody Special

Celebrity x Celebrity

Lovers in past lives

Customer x Cafe Worker

Classical Musician x Rocker

Actress x actor

Band member x Band member

Online love interest x online love interest

Band member x Fan

Teacher x Student

Mob Boss x His Girl

Fantasy:

Mermaid Turned Human x Man

Pirate x Royal

Royal x Servant

Kitsune x Human

Elf x Human

Elf x Faerie

Not interested in any of these? Ask me about my Pinterest board of writing ideas!

Any and all suggestions are welcome, so you should drop me a message.

Thank you, and have a fabulous day!​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back