• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Spirits of the Dedale

Joey stopped shaking after finishing making a small grave, praying a bit. She wasn't religious or spiritual, but she's respectful to whoever helps her. "RIP, Mr. Boar..." she whispered, standing up and walked towards the house. The blonde saw the Russian looking a bit better, though it smells like alcohol...'Don't question it.' "Feel better?" She asked him.

@Lokionze

"Hm, it might be safe... Maybe I can try to catch one of these crabs." Aria crept back down to the waters edge, and dangled one hand in the water, preparing the other to grab a crab and hopefully be able to examine it and the strange jewel on its back. Maybe it would be able to reveal something about this place, and help her out somehow. She didn't really know, but what else could she do? It's not like she had a book telling her exactly how to do this. Seeing nothing else to try, she went to enact her plan.

"Let's go take a look at it regardless, might be something only for the pure of heart or possibly be something of a kind that can help you." Aru smiled, "I don't have any way to heal you so you might have to bear with those for a while longer. I'm The Dissonant One, or just Aru." He smiled again as he began moving towards the church, at the same pace as the insect-winged man. Hopefully that would go well, it'd be hard to help the man otherwise.

@Lokionze

"Crap! A hunting group!' He grabbed the woman and slung her over his back and ran as fast as he could without drawing attention to himself. "huff... huff... Why am I helping her? Two isn't large enough to fight a hunting group, and it makes hiding difficult. I don't even known if she will help me, the second she wakes up she might just stab me in the back... I should just leave her here... No! That's not right! Even if it kills me I'll keep to my morals! @Lokionze

Dima was smiling and visibly happy. "I am way better ! Those fireballs were nothing compared to the sweet burn of vodka !" He looked around the room casually, walked around a bit. "I think we should stop here for the night, It will be dark soon anyway. Oh and by the way, just call me Dima. I will go hide the... mess... I made when making the other dude explode, I think we don't want anyone looking for us. Call me if you need any help."

• "There is no point in healing, those spikes were implanted by one of my former teammate, "The Doomed", there is no way to destroy nor remove them while he is alive. But that's not a problem, I am "the Abomination" but just call me Bill, I will just tear my legs off and grow a new pair, this will take time though." The man flew a bit higher to scout the area and then went back down. "That might be bad, Someone went back to the camp, probably "The Swordsman", he is good and I cant win against him in my actual condition, Are you sure you want to go to that church ? I don't see how you would get inside"
  • Aria grabbed one of the crabs, The crab was not aggressive, however, he spread his legs and arms to appear bigger. The jewel on his back was warm, not too hot but it might be what is making the water warm. Touching the jewel seemed to tickle the crab. Aria also saw a golden crab among the mass, his jewel was bigger and was white, unlike the others. by looking closely, she saw that he disappeared behind the waterfall from times to times.
  • Rise saw two creatures in front of him, They were about 4meters tall and seemed very muscular and had full plated armour, some sort of ghastly bluish like smoke emanated from them, One of them was wielding a gigantic battleaxe while the other was wielding a huge sword. They rushed in the direction of Rise and went past him, Rise then realised that the woman had woken up (she was still looking very tired) and the book she was carrying was levitating beside her, emitting the same smoke as the creatures.

"Good to know you can heal. If there seem to be no point in coming to the church, they might also not try to come this way. I'm confident enough in going against a melee fighter. The me more of your former teammates abilities, and why did they turn on you." Aru smiled up at Bill, "Or at least, why they seem to have done that. Without killing you." He cast the winged man a glance, "As for the church, if it is magical, the least I can do is have a look. Not all barriers are made to block everything that attempts to go in."

@Lokionze

Rise prepared to try to dodge past the creatures, but was shocked when they ran past him. He realized they were the woman's creation. "So your up? Great but now might not be the time to try and fight, I don't think they've seen us yet, besides you shouldn't be using your abilities in your state if you want to survive." He pushed himself to run faster. @Lokionze

She couldn't help but chuckle a bit when he talked about vodka. "Hello Dima. My name's Josephine, but just call me Joey." The blonde is glad that she doesn't have to call him 'Sir Master' or 'Sir Inertia'. It'll be weird if she did. "Same to you: Let me know if you need help with something. I'll get the beds ready." She smiled at him, ready to drag back the bed into the cabin and cook the pork strips.

@Lokionze

"Aw, it's kind of cute. I wish I could keep you as a pet or something, god knows I'll probably need the company in a place like this, plus you probably won't kill me, unlike other souls." Aria looked back into the water, spotting a larger, golden crab. "Wow, is that the mother crab or something? I wonder if it has anything to offer, information or anything." Noticing it's pattern, she mused, "Hm... is there something behind the waterfall? Maybe I should check it out." Willing to take a chance, she carefully stepped into the water, wading in slightly, watching warily for dangers, and still holding the crab gently in her hands.

• Aru & Bill arrived at the mysterious church, the church was as good as new, no broken windows, no dust and no moss. Something magical was probably behind it. The main door was open, no barrier was apparent. The calice was placed on a stone piedestal, it looked even more supernatural than the rest of the church. "The barrier is invisible and quite... Chocking. I dont see how you would get in. " said Bill.
  • There was a small cave behind the waterfall, there were a few crabs here and there. An amulet was hanging from a stalactite, the golden crab was cleaning it. He seemed surprised by Aria's visit, he procceded to emit little sounds. As he did, a flurry of crabs started to amass on him, forming together a giant crab of about the size of a deer, the golden crab was in the center of the head. "Human, why are you trespassing in our sanctuary ?" said a growling voice that came from the giant crab.
  • Josephine had trouble finding decent sheets and pillows. In her search she found some kind of old book. A journal, it was sealed by a leather strip. 

• Rise's retreat was cut by a wall of bone. A huge man was standing behind him. A man ? No, it was more of a skeletton, he was dressed in rags, his body was massive compared to a normal human body, he had some skin left on his face, but not enough to hide his bones, his eyes were nothing but two scary dark light. He was wielding à distored Iron staff. "She doesn't know how to use this book properly, she is merely a thief, leave her here and I will spare you for now. " said the lich.

"An ideal church indeed." Aru nodded at Bill, "If the barrier is invisible, I can't see a reason for the requirements to go through it to be the same." He took a deep breath before walking closer to it. "May you please allow us inside?" He sounded very sure that asking would work. 'Proper request: check.' He pondered more on himself, 'No plans on using the church or the chalice for evil: check.' He smiled while looking towards the Chalice, slowly attempting to place the hand that got the runic tattoos onto the barrier. "We need a place to remain safe only though I wish to know more of the Chalice as well." People have powers and if something has power, the least he can do is to treat it as a person. And anyone deserves a chance.

@Lokionze

"Well." He said as he reached into his pocket for a stone. "That solves the mystery of how she seems to have so many abilities. Running away and leaving her would probably be a good idea, yeah. But. I'm not going to." He said as he counted the time he needed to charge the rock on his fingers. He threw the rock as hard as he could at the lich, barely keeping his fingers from getting caught in the stones path as it tore out of his hands. @Lokionze

"Oh wow," Aria breathed, in both awe and fear. "I... Forgive me for my intrusion, but I saw you, and you seemed very wise, and I would very much like some assistance in navigating this place. I am not quite sure what to do here, and I am a bit lost. Is there any way you could help me out?" She hoped that her more flattering introduction would appease the crabs enough that they, or rather the giant crab, who seemed to be the leader, would give her some advice or help. "I'm very sorry for entering uninvited, but you are the only living beings other than the trees that I have seen so far."

"Augh~!! Why are there only crappy sheets and pillows?! What? Did someone viciously attack them or something?! Geez!" She ranted, tossing the pillow on the floor in frustration. After dragging back the bed and cooking the pork strips, Joey looked for bed sheets and pillows; Only to find each and every one of them practically destroyed or has holes in it. There are even some pillows with spiders. Spiders! It's not that she's scared; It's more of her used to killing them for her best friend, who's afraid of them. Besides, they might have been poisonous and that's not good either! Groaning, she yanked the last blanket, pulling out it of the trunk and revealed a book at the bottom. The petite blonde looked at it, blinking curiously as she studied it a bit, already forgetting her frustration. "A...book?" Muttering to herself, Joey picked up the book, tugging the leather strip loose so she could open it. She saw a date and name at the bottom. "A journal? What does it say, I wonder..."

@Lokionze

• Surprisingly, Aru walked up to the calice without nothing stopping him. He could hold it in his hands at that distance, but.. Was it safe ? one thing was certain, Bill was impressed. 
  • The lich didn't flinch at first but was clearly surprised when the rock perforated his skull, tearing half of his face off. "How did you... ?" said the lich has he started to fade away. Rise earned the power "True shot " allowing his projectiles to ignore any magical barrier. 
  • The crab seemed confused but then, happy. "Help? Yeah ! The crabs can help ! We are miiighty !!" said the huge crab. He was willing to help Aria on that one. 
  • Most of the journal was filled by usual journal stuff, it belongs to someone called Fabian and the first entry dated from two months ago. Near the end however, was written down this: " Dear journal, if you had seen their faces as i tore down their members like paper, they were priceless ! Now, I have enough materials to create Illia. I will show them... I dont need anyone else than her... She is perfect yknow. " from that point of the journal, the book was completed by esotericals writings and runes. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Aria smiled in delight, glad that she had found some seemingly friendly creatures to assist her so soon. "Thank you very much, you are indeed very mighty, and I am so glad that I was able to find such magnificent beings so soon on my journey," she replied happily, actually meaning the last few words. These crabs were clearly not the usual, and they did appear quite magnificent and regal. "I was wondering if you might know where I can find tools or items to assist me in my journey, as I do not have anything currently except for the clothes on my back. Do you perhaps know where I could find anything? Do you perhaps know of any other helpful information also?" She asked, hoping the crabs might have extra information that she wouldn't have been able to find otherwise.

She read the book, slightly disturbed by its context. It's one thing to be in love; It's another to kill others for said love. 'And~ if I got this right, this guy...Fabian, he killed a group of people and used them as 'ingredients' to bring back Illia...' Joey has a hard time of understanding this guy and his warped mind. "Maybe it's better if I don't know his reasons." The petite blond muttered, continued reading the book. Just because she doesn't want to kill anyone, doesn't mean she shouldn't study this. It's a matter of just in case she meets anyone who does this too. It was two months ago, after all. The guy might still be alive and might look for this book. 'I'll just take this with me, so I can study it more...' Joey turned a page, interested in what the runes and esoteric writings has to offer.

@Lokionze

• The big crab paused for a moment, as if he had blacked out. "Yes ! Yes ! You may have the pendant of the crabs ! Because the only real tools are the crabs themselves ! Miiiighty crabs...." He picked up the amulet hanging from the stalactite and handed it to Aria. It was a gold amulet, with a big jewel on the center, the jewel looked like those that the crabs got on their backs. The crab seemed excited about the amulet and chuckled.
  • By digging deeper in the journal, Joey found a badly written paragraph under one of the weird drawings : "WHY DOESN'T IT WORK !? HE LIED TO ME, HE SAID I COULD BRING HER BACK !... Okay, lets be calm, I can make it. All I need is someone that is "pure of heart", but do I need them alive is the real question. It'll be way easier to just kill him/her and use him like I did with the others. But man, we are doing dark magic here, with f*cking blood magic and pentagrams. Why do I need that pure of heart bullshit." One the next page, Josephine found another, more organized, entry : "Okay so the circle is ready, all I need to do is to capture you, Joey, and then force you to activate it. But really, you understand me, don't you ? You will help me willingly." the last two words wrote themselves as Josephine finished reading : "Don't you ?".

After cleaning all the gore, Dima chopped a tree to make some wood to warm the cabin a bit. He finished his work and started to go back to the cabin with the logs on his head, balanced due to Dima's power. "It would be good if Josephine stayed out of the bloodshed. Unfortunately, I don't think it is something that can happens in that world." He thought to himself.

"Thank you for allowing me inside." Aru smiled quite warmly towards the cup. As mad as he may look talking alone, it works, and if it works, it is the way to go. He pondered if the Chalice had a way to communicate with him as he attempted to hold it in his hands, his eyes attempting to look into it. It was certainly safe, a Chalice in a place as holy as this one must truly be a grand object which would not deliver needless harm around. 

@Lokionze

When the two last words were written, Joey screamed loudly, tossing the book away from her. "Oh fuck no!" She quickly placed a small dome around that evil book. Her heart pounded in fear as she soon hyperventilated. She didn't know what to do now that she honestly believes that book is the owner of said book somehow! 'Ineedtoburnit! Ineedtoburnit! Dima!' "DIMA! There's an evil book and it just talked to me! We need to burn it, NOW!" There's no fire yet (as far as she knows), so she made her small dome into a bubble and heated the inside; The book can burn while they build a real fire.

@Lokionze (Evil book is evil!! XD)

Eris woke up as if she had just slept for a really long time. Her vision was blurry and and when she tried to stand up, it felt as if her legs were made out of jelly. Luckily she managed to steady herself against something. She blinked a few times and after a few seconds the world became sharp and she could stand up properly again. Eris' memory came back to her and she realized in what kind of situation she now was. She was alone (not that that was something new for her) and she needed to survive, with her newly gained powers. Eris didn't know how she knew it or why she was here, but she did know that she needed to find a safe place. She removed her hand from the tree trunk she  just leaned against to help steady herself, when she noticed something sticky on her hand. It was some kind of gross black liquid that had come out of the tree. She made a disgusted face and quickly wiped her hand on her skirt. It would probably get dirty anyway. She looked at her surroundings and noticed more of those trees and how everything around her looked like it was dead and old. The creepy vibe emanating from the place was clear. 'Great...' She mumbled to herself sarcastically, whilst cracking her fingers 'I just had to begin in the cursed zone.' She walked away trying to get to a better place.

@Lokionze

"A evil book ? What will it be next ? Giant spiders ?" Dima didn't react at first but then came to a realization. "We are in the Dedale, so... yeah right" He quickly put the wood down near the door, and ran toward Joey's voice : "Where is our opponent !? I shall put my fist up his throat !" When Dima discovered quarantined book, he was a bit disappointed. He thought that the book would look way scarier than that, because it just looked like an old book. "We need to burn THAT ?" said Dima as he pointed the journal. "I mean, I don't mind, but it doesn't look like it will jump on us or anything..." Dima calmly walked toward the fireplace to get the fire going. First, some old newspaper, then, some wood scraps and on top of that, a good old log. Dima used an old pack of matches to start the fire, It took a few tries but he managed to get it going. He blew some air on it to accelerate the process. The fire was ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back