• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Spin You Around

Her nurse popped in to check on her again and sighed quietly, “mr. Hardy... I need to take her for a CT scan. We need to know how much brain function is left.” She explained having to coax him away and eventually was able to start moving her.

Jon got there with Lana and took her through to help her get changed into her dancing stuff then waited with her outside the room while max was with her last lesson. “Remember, you be nice to her okay? I don’t want you chewing her out if she tells you what you’ve been taught isn’t right. She’s a real professional not like your cousin.” He reminded her his mind still on the conversation from last night

Lana giggled some and nodded "Yes Uncle Jon, I promise." She said as she waited outside her knees bouncing from excitement. She noticed other girls start to come around and start talking like they were already friends, she hoped to maybe make some in this class.

Max came out and smiled widely as she saw everyone in the class already there. Her eyes wandered on Jon and her smile became wider as they stuck on him "Come on in girls, I'll be right in." She said happily before she introduced herself to the parents. As Jon came up she looked down to see Lana still by his side "You must be Lana!" She said with a sweet voice.

Tom sat in the hallway barely moving his head elsewhere he couldnt even realize his phone was ringing off the hook from the station asking if he would make it in for the night shift.

Jon smiled as she nodded and he sent her on in. “Look I know she doesn’t really have the stuff from the list you sent me yet but I need to talk to you about something with her. So if you have time after it’ll only take five minutes.” He promised her then let her go in and he sat down near the moms there.

Charlie glared at him the whole time eventually chucking w magazine at him. “Answer your damn phone. Maybe that way you’ll really catch a killer rather than arresting innocent guys.” He spat fuming at him.

Max beamed at him and nodded softly "Oh don't worry about that, you got the shoes and thats whats most important. The other things can wait." She said softly then nodded again "Yeah that won't be a problem." She murmured before she stepped into the class.

Tom frowned and quickly picked up muttering that he would be there before he hung up again not speaking to Charlie at all. He didn't have the energy to fight and he knew Carmen wouldnt want it.

They brought her back eventually and went to speak to them both. “She almost crashed on us again. Her doctor wants to make it clear that if she crashes again then he will not be attempting resus.” She explained to them. “There’s enough brain function left for her to recover but another flatline and that will be gone.” She left them to their privacy faster that.

Jon smiles and watched the lesson some, keeping an eye on Lana, glad to see her enjoying it. He was gonna make sure to take her to the store after school tomorrow to get more of the uniform.

Tom took a deep breath and shook his head as he got up and went outside to get some fresh air as he processed the news he just got while flashbacks of how he and Carmen were when they first met ran through his head. They were so in love, and he ruined it, all he felt was guilt and hatred towards himself for what he had done and caused to her.

Max smiled as she went on with the lesson catching glances at Jon here and there. As they finished up she said goodbye to the students looking over at Jon as he came over to get Lana "She did great today didn't you Lana?" she said giving a big smile as Lana nodded happily 'Uncle Jon Ms. Max says I'm already ahead!' she heard her exclaim. Max gave a soft laugh and nodded happily "Yeah she did great today." she said softly biting her lip a bit as she took in every inch of him while he was in uniform, it certainly drove her crazy to see him like this.

He smiled and hugged her tight. “Good job kiddo. Go get changed and get your stuff okay? We gotta go get dinner then go home.” He told her and watched her go then looked at max. “I uh... I’m gonna be working on becoming her full time legal guardian.” He muttered, explaining what happened yesterday. “How the hell did I let it get this bad in the first place though?” He muttered.

Carmen was fading in and out of consciousness all afternoon and woke up later on to see Charlie still sitting there with her trying to reach for him.

Max listened to him and frowned shaking her head some taking his hand in hers when she noticed him start to blame himself "Hey. Hey don't start that, you didn't know okay? Don't go blaming yourself, your sister hasn't had contact with you since she left with Lana when I was still here." she said softly giving his hand a squeeze "You're doing fine and taking her in now is the best thing you can do for her to give her a chance at a good life." she murmured to him wanting nothing more than to hold him in her arms and comfort like she used to always do when they were younger but she knew that was a line she didn't want to cross at the moment.

Charlie glanced up when he heard rustling of the sheets quickly going to her and holding her head "Hey beautiful, don't say anything okay? Just rest." he whispered kissing her hand repeatedly as he held it taking in a deep breath and letting it out slowly trying to stay positive while she was conscious.

He just nodded and watched her carefully. “I know. It doesn’t make it easier though.” He mumbled frowning some and sighed a little. “How’s michael?” He asked her gently.

She just watched him some and groaned quietly, gripping at his hand as much as she could before falling asleep again.

Max nodded softly and stepped a little closer to him "He's alright, ready to come home...how's Sophie?" She asked staring up at him and into his dark brown eyes.

Charlie sighed heavily as she started to fall back to sleep letting a few tears fall "I never thought I'd loose you...even when you left the fact that you were healthy and safe made me happy...and now...now Im terrified." He whispered to her as she slept wiping his tears away.

Carmen woke up again late into the night and just looked over seeing Charlie still sitting there and frowned a little just trying to reach for his hand. She was confused and scared and he wa the only recognisable face around her.

Jon smiled some and chatted to her a little longer until Lana came in and tugged on his arm. “Alright you ready kiddo? Alright I better get this one home and down for bed. You got school tomorrow.l he smiled at her then waved bye to max as the two of them left.

Charlie layed there going in and out of sleep. He heard movement and quickly looked at her his heart racing from fright. He held her hand giving a smile "Hi beautiful." He whispered

Max smiled and chatted with him not noticing the time at all. She hugged Lana goodbye and said her goodbyes to Jon before she got her things ready and went back to the hospital two hours later than the time she told Michael she would be there.

Michael was asleep already and holding tightly onto his phone having been waiting for her to call or text to let him know where she was.

Carmen stared at him panicked and just lay there trying to stay still not quite remembering what was going on.

Max sighed heavily as she walked into the room seeing him already asleep. She knew she should have called but she had completely forgotten to. She sat down next to him and placed the dinner she had gotten for them on a chair next to where she usually sat while she took the phone from Michael so it wouldnt fall if he moved.

Charlie saw how scared she looked and took in a deep breath holding it for a minute before he let it out. It killed him to see her like this. He kissed her hand and started explaining to him what the doctors had said about her brain, and that she would pull through because she had enough brain function left. He wasn't going to tell her the chance of her slipping away was higher though, right now he knew he needed to keep her spirits up and be positive for her so she could relax.

He shifted a little and started waking up some. “Hey there.... what time is it?” He groaned quietly, making a face when turning over hurt his ribs badly.

Carmen just watched him, slowly calming down and eventually fell back to sleep once more holding his hand tightly.

Max frowned softly when she noticed his face and gave a small sigh "Its 8." She said softly noticing the deep frown form on his face "I'm sorry I'm so late,I got done with class and Jon needed to speak with me about something then we got caught up talking." She explained completely forgetting that she hadn't told him about Lana being in her class.

Charlie looked at the doctor as he came in to check her over but kept his hand in hers "Is there any change?" He asked hoping she had made a turn for the better.

He shook his head. “We’d like to take her in for a couple more scans. See if possibly it’s shrunk enough for us to attempt a surgery.” He explained to him. “But her heart is very weak right now. It might be a few days at least before we can do that.” He explsined.

Michael frowned but just nodded. “Okay.... what was Jon doing there?” He mumbled coughing some and groaning as that pushed up against his ribs as well just laying back and trying to regather himself again.

Max face palmed herself lightly with a small laugh "I thought I told you I'm so sorry, his niece is in my last class. He wanted to talk with me about her." She explained taking his hand in hers "Ba y maybe you should lay on your back, it'll help the pain." She said softly

Charlie gave a small nod and took a deep breath "Can I.....can I please follow? I'll stay out of the way but please let me be there." He said quietly

Michael frowned a bit but just watched her. “Jon was in here... you spent most waking hours with him.” He muttered “you’re barely spending two hours a day with me.” He slurred a little this time and reached for her hand desperately as the pain started radiating through his chest.

“Sir, there is nowhere for you to wait. You will need to wait in the lobby and someone will collect you when they are done.” He explained to him a little curtly.

Max shook her head taking his hand in hers "No baby thats not true, I promise its just me and you." She said softly kissing his cheek gently pressing the call button when she saw how badly he was breathing

Charlie frowned but nodded and went to sit in the waiting room not liking that he had to be away from Carmen at all.

Michael frowned and looked up at her. “I wanna go home with you. I want things... I want...” He grunted as he started spluttering and struggling to breathe more clearly having twisted in a way that had torn the sutres that had been keeping the internal bleeding under control.

Max frowned at him and pressed the call button rapidly "We'll be home soon enough babe." She said softly trying to keep calm for him. She didnt want him to start panicking

He groaned a bit louder looking up at her feeling scared and gripping desperately at her hand before someone came in and they took max out of the room for a while.

Charlie bumped into her as he was walking to go get a drink. “Sorry... Hey, hows Michael? Your mom told me what happened.”

Max looked up as she bumped into someone giving a small smile as she saw Charlie, she hadn't talked to him in ages "Hey there, he um....well he was doing okay but now something is wrong." She said softly and frowned a bit "Why are you up here? Everything okay?" She asked not knowing Charlie had been talking with Carmen lately, Jon had not mentioned it to her when she spoke with him last about Carmen.

Charlie frowned and looked over at her. “I told Jon to tell you.... max carmen is... it doesn’t look good. They said if her heart stops again they won’t even attempt resus.” He muttered and then continued to go get a drink quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back