• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Specters | Modern Day Fantasy | Interest Check

Purity

Nebulous Member
Specters
There are two layers in this world. The ordinary, and the supernatural. Seeing both is the way of life for a select few only, and these people act as a bridge, experiencing things invisible to most of the population. The ability to see into both layers of the world is known as the Gift.

But there are an even fewer number of people that dare to go further than that. Humans have an aura that emits life, and this aura attracts spirits. The ones that can see both world are those with strong auras. Spirits that haunt people have all kinds of effects on the person, such as good luck, injuries, or even unnatural powers. Most of the time, however, their presence has a negative impact on the person, due to the fact that they literally drain life essence to feed themselves.

Since this holds true for spirits, it’s possible to do the reverse, and drain the essence from, or literally consume, a spirit.

Doing so grants the abilities that that spirit once held, manipulating your life essence for newfound powers. These humans are called Specters. The get more powerful over time, as either their life essence develops like a muscle from usage, or they consume more spirits. Consuming more spirits lets them either develop existing powers or gain new ones. There are some with many different weak powers that overall give the person strength, and then there are others that choose to hone one or two abilities.

But, aside from that, you’re just a normal high school student in the suburbs of Eden City. That is, until somehow you managed to get yourself stuck in a mess that just dug itself more and more into the ground, maybe even becoming a Specter. And with that, you found your way into the secret, forbidden side of Eden City.

A turf war. Rival gangs. Black market trade. A government agency hellbent on destruction. A worldwide conspiracy? Everything that you couldn’t possibly imagine being concealed in such a seemingly innocent city. Welcome to the world of the Specters.

Excuse me for this thread's blandness while I get accustomed to the new site's BBC coding. I haven't been on here in quite a long time.

I wish to see how many people are interested after just reading the introduction I have currently. If you would like to know more for what I have in mind, then please, don't hesitate to ask. This will be a slightly darker roleplay, with some graphic scenes, and I will for the most part attempt to keep to plot going. I ask that if you do take interest in this, that you can consistently post without disappearing, and that you put plenty of detail into every post and character form.

<Main Thread> <Information and Lore> <OOC> <Character Sheets> <Interest Check>

Last edited:
Yay! A new urban fantasy rp! Count me in! Just take note that I'm not that great at details, and may have some confusing things about my posts. Please point them out if I do have them though.

Yay! A new urban fantasy rp! Count me in! Just take note that I'm not that great at details, and may have some confusing things about my posts. Please point them out if I do have them though.
Mmm, thank you for being the very first to show interest. I always like people who do that. It's fine if your posts are confusing, just make sure they have good grammar and spelling and I should be able to make them out.

So how would spirit consumption work? Would you just absorb it or some other process? Could say someone have a unique ability rip people's spirit out and consume them for power gain?

Oh ho, you actually read my mind. Why do you think I said this was an RP with a darker side? What you mentioned is another class of Specters called Reapers. And no, it's not exactly a special power, any Specter can become a Reaper. It's just that most can't... handle it. There are some interesting side effects to consume a soul while it’s still living, so I’ll go more into that when it becomes necessary to reveal that information. Good question, though.

Spirit consumption differs from Specter to Specter. Some just draw it into themselves, others physically eat the spirit. You get to choose when making a character.

More like an extra region. Well, okay, an extra "city", the way London and Tokyo are like cities made up of more cities.

Blue Jay... Hmm... Something about that makes me want to remember something... Ah, never mind. Thank you for showing interest.

So we currently have three people interested? I'm looking for 4-5 people, so one more should be enough for me to make this RP.

Of course. I never meant to limit the number of players, ever. I just need dedicated ones. And now that we have six including me... Time to see how much the roleplay creation on this site has changed since I last made one.

Main thread construction has been started, please take any further questions and/or comments to the OOC.

squints at this HARD...

and what would you say would be the sorts of consequence (governmental ? or otherwise) for those who go around essentially eating people's souls ovo

Thank you, CyanDies. But I appreciate the question, so I'll elaborate on it. They're not just licensed to kill. Once they imprison a Specter or spirit, they literally own the person or spirit in question.

If you have any further questions, the Specter OOC is the place for them.

There's an Info and Lore thread.
Don't get your shorts in a twist, I was joking around! I meant more in the lines of, seeing as SET members would be type 0 due to their reliance on spirit cages, would that mean there are type 2s within the task force? Or do they depend on spectres outside of SET to provide them, seeing as only type 2s can create them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back