• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom specific DC and Marvel ideas (ocxcc, ccxcc, doubling) (mxm mostly)

xxtheghostking

Red Hood's bf
Jax back at it again after a hiatus. I got my DC and Marvel interests reignited, so, here we go again.

First, here's a bit about me, some info about my rp style and my "rules":
  • I'm Jackson, I'm 22
  • CET
  • English isn't my native language, but I daresay I'm pretty good at it, aside from occasional slip-ups, of course (it happens to everyone!)
  • I like OOC chat! pinterest boards, playlists, art, and general chatter outside of the RP itself are more than welcome! I like to get to know writing partners outside of our RP interests too
  • doubling friendly!! in fact, it's preferred
  • I only write in third person and will not accept anything else
  • I can write in past or present tense
  • I like to write lowercase ooc but I'm literate ic, don't worry :)
  • my reply length varies; not every reply will be 3+ paragraphs, but I also don't give one liners (for a general idea: fast paced scenes may be a few lines long, like action scenes and such, but when there are descriptions and internal monologues, of course I can write multiple paragraphs, and long ones too!)
  • I'm looking for fellow adults (18+ or 21+) with similar style of writing as mine
  • usually I can reply multiple times a day, but this varies too, and there's no pressure on you to do the same
  • no triggers aside from specific discussions of weight. for example, if sending me a character sheet, please kindly omit the exact weight, sometimes even descriptive words can be triggering, but this isn't always the case. numbers in kgs or lbs are always a trigger, though so please avoid that
  • that being said, I don't like graphic descriptions of injuries and SA, even though it isn't a trigger per se
  • I prefer to stay on site
  • generally ghost friendly, but, seriously guys, no need to block me out of the blue : )))
Now that that's out of the way, here's the ideas!! Divided by the two fandoms:

I've been really interested in a Bruce and Jason-centric plot, NOT ROMANTIC, familial. It would be happening during, before and after the events of either the Red Hood or the Arkham Knight plotline. No need to follow the canon exactly (which is why I'm leaning more towards Arkham Knight a bit, because the canon is a bit more loose there).

Currently looking for a Bruce to my Jason, not really open to it being the other way around.

I adore romantic plotlines, so I'd be more than happy to include romantic elements. My preferred ships for Jason are with Dick or Roy Harper, but I'm also open to OCs, though, not really open to m/f romances. Might make an exception, but it's unlikely.

As for Bruce, since it would be a doubling situation, I'd love to do SuperBat, or maybe something else that's mxm or mxnb. Maybe an OC? A civilian? A villain???? (Not the Joker tho, makes me pretty uncomfortable, also considering the Jason plot.... no). Not really sure, but I'd love to try different things!

And that's pretty much it for this plot.

I have a craving for the MCU and the Spiderverse. Let's do MCU first.

MCU
I would love to do a romantic plot including my OC Elias Dominik (SHIELD spy, HYDRA experiment, I have a character sheet ready) against any of these characters: Bucky Barnes, Loki, Tony Stark. The plot may be set during some of the movies, or something else entirely. I would also be interested in exploring some friendships between Elias and the other Avengers. And of course, I'd be more than happy to play someone for an OC of yours, or a canon pairing!

Spiderverse
Another OC x CC situation I'm afraid. So, in my previous Spiderverse post I showed a lot of interest for Hobie, but I realized that I'd rather just write a fanfic about him and my OC : ") Instead, I'd love to do a romantic rp with my OC Demyan Aksamit (Spider-man of Earth-505) and Miguel O'Hara.
As for doubling, I'm interested in most ships that Spiderverse has to offer! Ghostflower, Flowerpunk, Goldenpunk, Ghostpunk, pretty much anything, or, of course, CC x your OC.

Lastly, I'll give two writing samples: DC and Marvel respectively.

Jason was no longer the 14 year old Robin and Dick’s baby brother, and yet Roy still didn’t feel it was right to pursue Jason romantically without Dick’s blessing. The two adoptive brothers had been very close before Jason’s death, and even after he came back, after he came down from the entire Red Hood thing, Jason and Dick managed to rekindle their relationship. Dick had been, and still was, an important figure in Jason’s life and he was a very protective person.

Therefore, Roy was afraid to make an actual move, despite him and Jason operating together and being closer than ever.

This dilemma was what led him to Bludhaven. It was the perfect opportunity—an operation he and Jason had been following for several weeks had ended up there, so Roy had the excuse to pay Dick a visit. He, of course, had to get rid of Jason. Keep him busy at home base, while Roy went to check out this clue.

And talk to Dick.

Fuck, this would be awkward.

They had finished their mission and had just changed back into civilian clothing, going to Dick’s apartment to rest when Roy decided to mention it.

“So, uh…” He cleared his throat. “I have to tell you—ask you something…”

“What’s up?” Dick said.

“I was thinking… Well, I’ve been thinking… I kind of…” Roy continued to stumble over his words, stutter and fumble. He had no idea how to say this.

Dick was smiling. He had no idea what was coming. “You okay, man?”

Roy took off his cap, ran a hand through his hair, then put it back on. “It’s not exactly easy for me to say.”

“Okay…? Is it something bad?”

“No! No… At least I don’t think so,” he mumbled the last part. In reality, Roy wasn’t sure. It could be bad.

“With difficult things, I find it best to just say it quickly. Like ripping off a band-aid, you know.”

Roy nodded a few times. Just say it quickly. He could do this. He inhaled deeply. “I would like to date Jason.” He did say it quickly, very quickly, all in one breath, the words came out almost unintelligible.

Dick stopped in his tracks and stared at Roy. “Huh?”

Everything reminds him of what it used to be like. The streets he used to skate through with his friends, the subway line he used to take with Gwen where they used to be far too loud for the time of day, the school itself that he is coming back from, every corner, every corridor reminds Blaze of her.

He hoped that cutting off contact with their shared friend group would help, not seeing their faces, knowing that hers isn’t among them anymore. However, somehow, it hurts even more to see them in the hallways and not even say “hello.”

Blaze climbs the fire escape, hoping to get in unnoticed. Perhaps his mom isn’t even home from work yet, which would be great. As soon as he steps through the window, however, he is greeted with a forcefully cheerful, “Hey!”

Blaze suppresses the urge to sigh.

“Hi,” he responds, at least attempting to match his mom’s enthusiasm.

“How was school?” Annika proceeds to ask. She’s by the stove, stirring something in a large pot.

“It was good,” Blaze says simply. He is attempting to get to his room without having to answer too many questions or talk to her for too long.

“How’s the gang?” Annika then asks, and this time Blaze can’t help but sigh, though, in hindsight, it probably gives him away.

“They’re good,” he says, which now doesn’t hold much weight.

“You don’t really hang out anymore, huh?” Annika says when Blaze is already at the door.

He stares at the yellow caution tape he put on the door to his room when he was a younger, angstier teen. “I’m just trying to focus on school, you know?”

“Alright, alright, that’s good… I just think, maybe if you talked to them about…”

“Mom, I’m fine,” Blaze says.

“All I’m saying is, maybe you guys could help each other out with this whole thing…”

“Mom.”

“Or, if you need someone older to talk to, a colleague of mine knows a great therapist…”

“Mom!”

Annika goes quiet. Seeing her defeated expression, Blaze is overwhelmed with guilt. “I’m sorry,” he says immediately. “I’m fine, that’s all. I just… I’m not ready to talk. I don’t want to talk. I’ll be okay, alright?”

“Alright, sweetie. If you say so.” After an awkward stretch of silence, during which Blaze doesn’t have it in him to just leave, she continues, “I think busting this Spider-man case might help. We’re close, I can feel it.”

Blaze’s insides twist. “Yeah.”

Annika glances at him and she’s hardly able to hide her sorrowful expression. “Sweetie, I know you saw a hero in him, but you have to admit he’s doing more harm than good.” She pauses, maybe waiting for Blaze to say something. He doesn’t.

“He let Gwen die,” she says at last.

Blaze clenches his fists, staring ahead still. He can’t look at his mother. “He can’t save everyone,” he mutters. “Best he can do is try.”

“He’s putting innocent people at risk,” Annika maintains.

“He wouldn’t let anyone get hurt! It was… It must’ve been a mistake, or…” He’s getting worked up and Blaze remembers to calm down. To swallow the tears down, to remain composed. He can’t let anything slip.

The pot on the stove hisses, but neither Blaze nor Annika pay it any mind. “I really think you should—”

“I’ll be in my room,” he cuts her off, because he needs it all to stop, he needs to remove himself from this conversation.

Annika is still for a moment, then she defeatedly turns back to the stove. The guilt presses down on Blaze’s chest even heavier than before. He walks over and hugs her. She hugs back, tightly. And maybe, just maybe, Blaze is able to admit that he needs it too.

Feel free to message me or comment if any of this sounds interesting!

UPDATE: I've taken on several rps at this point (thank you everyone!!) so I'm currently only still looking for the DC plot. if anyone's interested, let me know!

Last edited:
Hello, I hope you are doing well. I was hoping to inquire more information about the DC plot. Recently I've gotten back into Batman and have explored some of the comics. I'm interested in exploring the platonic relationship between Bruce and Jason because of how complex it is. I am not strict with knowing each canon comic event- I haven't read every Jason and Bruce comic in existence yet- but I was wondering how much you know about their history. I see the two of them as an estranged father-son pair. Perhaps both of them think the other no longer cares for them so that causes tension and misunderstandings to increase? I have ideas and would love to hear your ideas as well.

Have you by chance watched the movie "Batman: Under the Red Hood?" I'm not familiar with the Arkham Knight plotline but I do know about the Red Hood one.

I apologize for all the questions/rambling. I have a tendency to ask questions when I'm interested by an idea.

Are you still taking people? I have an oc that I can pair with Jason on the side (or be Dick Grayson)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back