• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Space's Summer RP Search

FloatingAroundSpace

Three Thousand Club
Space's Summer RP Search.png

Hello everyone, my name is Space and I have been RPing for about four years on and off now. This past year has been the longest time I have been off RPing, having taken time to focus more on my school work. As such, I dropped a lot of wonderful RPs that I had been a part of. If I did drop you, I am deeply sorry. I really enjoyed out time together and would have loved to see how our stories turned out, however IRL just became too much to handle. If any one of you would like to try RPing with me again, feel free to let me know!

I am currently looking for new people to RP with, given that it is summer and I have time off now to focus on things I enjoy. Below is more information about me and what I look for in a partner. Please read through them carefully!
About Me
I am a college student, but as I stated above, I am on summer break so I should have more time than usual to respond.
I tend to consider myself literate in terms of grammar and spelling. However, when it comes to post length, I don't tend to write a lot if there isn't anything of substance to contribute. I try not to give people one-liners at all and I'm working on describing what my characters are thinking more to help flesh them out through posts, but I don't like writing three paragraphs of fluff just to have three paragraphs of fluff.
I'm ok with RPing just about anything within the ToS here. Nothing really squicks me. I actually do have a preference for darker RPs that delve into things like the aftereffects of war, mental illness, and abuse.
I love OOC talking and planning. RPing to me is mutual storytelling and I want to get to know you and where our characters are going. It's must more fun that way.
I prefer RPing on threads for organization and coding's sake.
I RP characters of all genders fairly evenly.
I use faceclaims, which means that I use photographs of real people to base my character's appearance on. I credit the individual I use in the FC and I do my best to keep it to people who are already in the public eye and have photos that are already easily searchable and in the public domain.
I live on the East Coast.
I like every furry four-legged companion that humans have decided to domesticate. And their feathered two-legged counterparts.
I'm cold literally all the time.
What I Expect
Someone who is also literate in terms of spelling and grammar. I would like to be able to smoothly read your posts, instead of struggle to decipher them. That said, I'm not an English major so dangling modifiers don't bother me.
Someone accepting of LGBTQ+ characters. The majority of my characters fall on the spectrum somewhere and I myself am asexual. If you feel uncomfortable RPing with characters that are LGBTQ+, please look elsewhere.
Communication is a big thing for me. If something is uncomfortable for you, if something crosses the line, if you want to discuss something further, tell me. I want you to feel comfortable and I want you to have fun, but I can't read your mind. I would much rather you tell me that you don't want to do "X" than have me do "X", at which point you drop off because it makes you uncomfortable. I will do my best to extend the same courtesy to you.
Third-person perspective is highly preferred.
Please don't just be a yes-man. Like I said, I see RPing as exchanging ideas and writing a story together, not just by myself.
While I understand shorter paragraphs or a few lines in response, especially in high-action scenes or dialog heavy exchanges, please give me something to respond to in every post.
Feel free to poke me if I haven't responded in a while, as I may just be procrastinating and a jab will probably make me hop to it. I try to respond as soon as possible, but sometimes the muse is just dead. That said, please don't constantly nag me for a response, either, as that takes the fun out of RPing. I'll try to give a response every day and let you know if I won't be responding for more than four days, though this is not a guarantee.
Obligatory stay within the ToS of this site, please avoid God-modding, please avoid OP characters.
Genres I Enjoy
High-fantasy coupled with world building.
Modern supernatural, for example hunters in an urban city Kinda dead on this genre for some reason. : (
Historical supernatural, though I've never done something like this before
Murder mysteries in the modern era
The occasional romance RP, though I'd prefer some other genre alongside it to avoid boredom.
Pretty much anything. The only thing I'm not a fan of is fandom RPing. Sorry, it just doesn't appeal to me unless we're using just the setting and none of the canon characters.
Writing Sample

It has been a strange week. That much, she can attest to.

Not even strange because some great monster had erupted from the forest or that Ming Xia suddenly spoke with the wisdom of a thousand white cloaked or that Irene suddenly declared herself a princess in her own right. No, it was strange because for the first time in nearly five years, Kydoimos was not there.

It was strange because for the first time in nearly five years, she was allowed her own thoughts.

It was strange because for the first time in nearly five years, in five years of having a collar around her neck, of having a weight that she refused to acknowledge on her shoulders, she was in some way, free.

Not totally; Hardeep had not allowed that. But no one could truly command her anymore, the one who had technically owned her missing with no reason or explanation given to those behind. No one told her to do this or do that, though she was always required to return back to the hut at the end of the day. There was no one to tell her to clean this or clean that, that she had to do this in order to get that, et cetra.

For the first time in nearly five years, she was the closest thing to free.

Orien let her know that she was neither jealous nor pleased with this. He explained to her that she now hovered somewhere in between. Technically, only the Makhais could truly free her but since there was not one around, if she was to (hypothetically) cut off the collar and (hypothetically) leave the mountain on the next dragon back, no one would be the wiser. After all, no Makhai could be around to stop her. No one knew the face of one of the thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of slaves that wandered the city.

But the comments that the other slave had made about Kydoimos, about the silence walls that still existed between slave and master made Galene wait. She wanted to see Kydoimos once more, to ask why they had scrambled away without looking back even once.

The mountain itself was full of surprises, besides the half-freedom she had.

She was now covered in bruises and scratches because of Irene and her stupid "teachings", as she liked to call them even though they weren't teachings because teachings implied that there was something to learn. What Galene had learned was how to fall on her face, her ass, her side, her knees, et cetra. She had not learned to fight, not really learned how to balance. She had learned where the ends of her wits were, where the irritation ran into anger and venom.

She had learned (moreso noticed) that Irene disappeared from them for a few hours at a time, as did Orien. Hardeep didn't seem wholly interested in keeping them on a short leash, perhaps embarrassed by his drunken stupor, or perhaps realizing that the culture on the mountain was different. So long as the two returned with food for him, he didn't seem to care anymore or any less.

(Galene kept the knowledge of silk pouches in bright red colors and the weapons she thought she saw Irene carving to herself. Hardeep didn't need to know, just like he didn't need to know about the stories that Irene told her, the rabbits and birds that were cooked and eaten before he could see them, the stew that they sipped quietly around the fire in the late of night to warm up without a dragon rider nearby.)

(There were a lot of secrets Galene kept from Hardeep now. Minor ones, she promised.)

One day, however, as she sat across from Irene, chewing on a piece of weasel that she had managed to kill, she glanced up between the tree tops as Irene hit a lull in her story telling, hoping to stave off the lessons that would only make her more sore.

And saw a flash of red.

She was on her feet in a second, peering deeper into the leaves and seeing it once more; glinting red and a human on its -- her-- back.

"Cordath," she breathed and scrambled to get her pieces together, to seize the bow that she still dutifully got from Ming Xia every day.

"Hurry," she said without more explanation to Irene and peeled off from the other woman. Her freedom or half-freedom more like was fading away, but knowledge awaited her and that was more thrilling than anything else.

From The Impending Storm

Feel free to post here or PM me with any ideas you may have! I only ask for a writing sample to be included.

Last edited:
Hey!
How much do you expect in terms of writing, since your sample is rather long!
I have a couple settings I could share with you if you're interested in and also tell you about some of the settings I was considering.
(:

TwistedMagnolia TwistedMagnolia Hello! I don't have a major expectation in terms of writing; so long as there is enough for me to respond to, I'm good. I prefer more than a single one-liner, but as I said, if it's a high-action or a dialogue-heavy scene, I understand if it's just a one-liner back and forth. My sample is rather long because I wanted everyone to get a good idea of my writing capabilities!

I would be more than happy to see whatever settings you have! :D

Hello Space~ I'm new to the website, but definitely not to roleplay! I have an idea or two that think might interest you! Unfortunately I cannot send you a pm at this time, but please let me know if you are still looking or interested if you get the chance!
-PlantWitch

Hello Space~ I'm new to the website, but definitely not to roleplay! I have an idea or two that think might interest you! Unfortunately I cannot send you a pm at this time, but please let me know if you are still looking or interested if you get the chance!
-PlantWitch
Sending a PM!

I'd be happy to do a Murder Mystery with you and have a couple of ideas.

One idea I was toying with was a court case where a defense lawyer who does a pro-bono case for a seemingly innocent client. This can be twisted in a few ways, one where the client may be guilty but the case is built on faulty evidence. Or the client isn't guilty but the evidence seems rock-solid. Or maybe something in-between.

If not that, I wouldn't mind doing either a modern or historical supernatural RP that has a supernatural side-companion. I'm a big fan of dullahans (headless horsemen) and wouldn't mind RPing as one.

Another idea that kind of blends the murder mystery could be a detective and a ghost who work together to solve the ghost's murder.

I'd be happy to do a Murder Mystery with you and have a couple of ideas.

One idea I was toying with was a court case where a defense lawyer who does a pro-bono case for a seemingly innocent client. This can be twisted in a few ways, one where the client may be guilty but the case is built on faulty evidence. Or the client isn't guilty but the evidence seems rock-solid. Or maybe something in-between.

If not that, I wouldn't mind doing either a modern or historical supernatural RP that has a supernatural side-companion. I'm a big fan of dullahans (headless horsemen) and wouldn't mind RPing as one.

Another idea that kind of blends the murder mystery could be a detective and a ghost who work together to solve the ghost's murder.
Can you please link a writing sample?

Hello there! I read through all of your stuff and I have to say that you seem to be an appealing partner. ^^ Forgive me if this greeting isn't as long or detailed as it should be, I'm recovering from surgery. But if I seem to be a good prospect at first glance I'd be happy to plot something out with you, or simply exchange a bit of writing to get a feel for how compatible I may be to you.

Hello there! I read through all of your stuff and I have to say that you seem to be an appealing partner. ^^ Forgive me if this greeting isn't as long or detailed as it should be, I'm recovering from surgery. But if I seem to be a good prospect at first glance I'd be happy to plot something out with you, or simply exchange a bit of writing to get a feel for how compatible I may be to you.
Hello! Can you please send me a writing sample? Thanks!

Ideas... I have them, I promise I do! …. <--That's me thinking really hard! ….. Okay, so I don't have any right this exact moment... :closedeyescryingfrown: I've been having writer's block in terms of plot ideas. BUT! I'd love to give it a chance! Here's a writing sample of mine!

Writing Sample

Baxter shrugged in response to Nikolai, not looking back at the werewolf or his four-legged counterparts. His mind was elsewhere, partly on Sera, wondering if her wing was alright, and partly on Jinx. The ever present siren on his mind, as if she had sung her song and it had somehow weaseled it's way into his thoughts. Though he had never been affected by the song like humans were, so it was eerie that it could be considered a possibility, and it frightened the demon. He had always been immune to any sway any creature had, being a demon, but if that ability were waning, he was in danger. What other powers might be able to sway his thoughts? Baxter growled softly at himself, shoving the thoughts down. That wasn't something he needed to think about right before a performance. He strode into the gathered crowd of carnies, immediately locking onto Jack in the crowd and walking over to him. "Hey. I'm ready to go on." he said in his best calm manner. Which he was quickly ushered to the front of the crowd, and going through the short instructions of how to change the sceneary in the big top tent to fit his opening performance rather than what would have been his sisters.

And the Show begins...
Baxter smirked with the devil's grin as he kick started his main performance bike. The engine roared like a beast from the pits of hell, and smoke billowed from it's tail pipe. Pyrotechnics illuminated his darkened profile as he shot out into the center ring, music blaring loud with a demonic laugh that would send chills down even the bravest person's spine. The lights flashed and flickered, and Baxter was surrounded in flame, his motorcycle roaring beneath him as he lapped around the ring, all eyes on him. His outfit had been changed quickly, leather vest that only covered his chest, a plunging V neck line. The tribal tattoos that marked him as what he was open for all eyes to see. Covering the parts of his chest that were visible, as well as his shoulders. The jewelry that adorned his ears sent flashes of light through the darkened tent with ever turn of his head.

His bike began to slow as the music died down, the laughter fading into the background until it disappeared completely. The lights faded until their small world was nothing but black. The roar of his engine cut out just as quickly as it had started and he carefully let second hands rush away with the bike before the lights came back on. The illusion being that the bike had disappeared. Then the spot light was on him, in all his demonic glory, smoke billowing around his ankles. Flashing lights of red, orange and yellow made it look like the smoke was on fire, burning with a passion. His hands came up and he started to laugh. Maniacal, and bone chilling. A shadow of pitch black, leather wings torn ragged for whatever reason appeared behind him, the shadow of the wings he once bore. His eyes glowed bright in the light that shined on him, almost dancing with a wide array of emotion. A small part of his mind wondered if Jinx was watching, but the idea was quickly squashed down as he let the seething anger carefully slide forward.

"Tonight!" he bellowed into the microphone at his ear as his voice echoed and boomed all around the tent making him sound as though he were everywhere all at once. "Tonight you will witness nothing you have ever seen before!" he continued, his tone somewhat more subdued. His body shifted slowly, head turning to scan the crowd. Carefully. Letting the anticipation build. Then he was moving. Sprinting from center ring to the stands that held his captivated onlookers. A foot hit the railing that lined the stands, a kind of divider between the watching and the watched. He bound upward, reaching, and suddenly he was swinging through the air like a trapeze artist. Over the crowd of shocked onlookers. His grin only grew wider, his anger bubbling just beneath the surface of his mischief. "Through the mist, and the dark of night, lie creatures of unbelievable sight!" he chanted the mantra, hearing children gasping and giggling with excitement after the initial fear. Over the crowd he flew until his journey came to the center of the ring yet again, only this time, he was suspended in the air. He pulled himself up from hanging by his legs, and then he was standing. His long, thin legs encased inside tight black pants. Not leather, but denim. They clung to his form like a second skin. The rest of him was adorned with various belts, strings, chains, and all manner of things that made him look far more dangerous than he really was. Or so the onlookers thought.

"From demons to angels, and sea creatures afoot," he chanted again, as if casting a spell, "to the skies above we shoot!" he bellowed once again, and his hand shot above him, an eruption of flame and then the lights went out again. He was swathed in the darkness, and he reveled in it. A hunger began to burn in his stomach, one he knew very well. The lust for blood that was always a part of him. The fear, the panic. More bellowing laughter through the dark, and Baxter leaped to the ground, landing just as the spot light hit him again. He straightened, "Come with us on a magical journey, and believe in the unknown. See the magic, and know." he grinned, his tone once again far more subdued, a musical note to it, silky and inviting. "Tonight. There will be wonder." he said, his voice so low it could have been mistaken as a whisper and the lights once more faded into black. He moved quickly to side of the ring as he knew someone was setting up the rings in which he would jump through before he made his exit, and at the sign of the first spark he bolted. Each hoop lit on fire, and each one he hit with his foot as he bound through the ever increasing heights of the burning loops. He reached the crest, and dropped. A terrified gasp and several screams of worry for his safety echoed through as everything went black. Quietly, but quickly, Baxter made his way back out to where the crowd of carnies waited, and Jack took his place in the center ring to begin the rest of the show. Sweat made Baxter's skin glisten, even in the dim lighting that surrounded the carnies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back