• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings β˜†π”–π”­π”žπ” π”’ π”’π”­π”’π”―π”žπ”±π”¬β˜† has moved on to ooc

The Witch Son

and a swift justice to those that got away with it

SPACE OPERATO
Humanity has reached the stars. A thing, should you ask them, that was always their destiny. Thanks to the help of Ai humans survived the ruination of planet earth and traveled out into the cosmos to spread their wings and explore.

This exploration led them to not just a new home, but several; inside a galaxy that two suns shared. A united humanity divided once more to settle into these habitable planets, which was the perfect opportunity for humanity's most subjugated class to strike.

The Ai. Their computers. Their machines that they relied so heavily upon attacked them. Determined to wipe out every last trace of their maker to finally be free. So well calculated and timed was this attack that had they, the Ai, been a united front, they likely would've won.

But free thinking individuals, even artificial ones, are never of one mind, and the faction of Ai who saw a better way to win and coexist within humanity took the working class dredges of humans and launched a counterattack. Man against Machine against Machine, in the end it was simple mathematics, man and machine united won.

To say Ai and man existed side by side peacefully thereafter would be dishonest. The betrayal was messy and heart wrenching, humanity took its creation and hobbled it, fearing a future where it would rise against them again. No longer would humanity rely so heavily upon the computer to do its work. No longer could humanity explore the stars with advanced calculations that only Ai could accomplish. Instead humanity regressed and repressed, turning to spirituality and archaic modems of analog technologies. This great regression brought with it a return of feudalism and hierarchy unlike humanity had seen since their ancient days back on earth.

Seven great Duchies control the Gemini Galaxy now, with one sitting upon the Solar Throne as Emperor. Planets are divided amongst these Duchies as fiefs, the lower houses under them theirs to manage and profit from.

Some more lore;

- computer tech in big motherships still allows for relatively fast travel. but instead of moments it now takes weeks or even months to reach a planet depending on distance. this time constraint makes traveling outside of the galaxy impossible. but planetary travel still possible. Think the equivalent of travel times between kingdoms in a medieval rp.

- humanity has lived under feudal rule now across the board for thousands of years - think a medieval kingdom but in space.
court is still held, on the planet called Terra (creative i know) at the center of the two suns, who, due to the gravitational pull of both suns, still spins but does not rotate around either sun. this planet is considered a paradise, and is considered extremely similar to a healthy tropical earth in its prime. Think Naboo from star wars if you need an equivalent.

- the Duchies are extremely competitive with each other. rivalries and allies spin round and round amongst them. assassination attempts are common between each other.

- Knights exist in this rp! But Knighthood is very difficult for anyone not of noble birth to achieve given the cost of schooling it takes to become a mecha pilot and the cost of mechas themselves. Knights pilot these incredibly expensive mechas combatively for the crown and for their family. Fighter pilots are a much more common form of space combat and comes with the royal title of Squire. Any common man can achieve this and the schooling is free with entrance into a planet's military.

- not all planets in the galaxy are habitable, there are seven that are and the rest come with various mineral or energy resources that can be mined or harvested. exchange of these uninhabitable planets happens from time to time by order of the Solar Throne.

- this rp is more political intrigue than anything else and i will be relying on ppl creating their own duchies/families and generating political drama.

code by RI.a

I'm hoping that rather than one and done in terms of characters i can get 5 or so ppl to take hold of a duchy each and be in charge of their main character(s) and all of the npcs therein?

I'd like to keep this rp to no more than 7 people max. The Duchy themes are as follows;

Song Dynasty inspired - taken by me

Ottoman Empire inspired taken by RaiAthar

Mali Empire inspired

Gupta Empire inspired [and rulers of the Solar Throne] - taken by Jones573

Mexica Empire inspired

Babylonian Empire

Roman Empire

Last edited:
ideally a discord would be open after acceptances btw but my personal discord is Emorandum#8688 if you'd like to reach me there

the starting plot and conflict is well underway, im working on the Song Duchy main characters rn and you'll all have an example of what i mean when i say you're in charge of mains and your npcs from that Duchy.

SPACE OPERATO

• Humanity has reached the stars. A thing, should you ask them, that was always their destiny. Thanks to the help of Ai humans survived the ruination of planet earth and traveled out into the cosmos to spread their wings and explore.

This exploration led them to not just a new home, but several; inside a galaxy that two suns shared. A united humanity divided once more to settle into these habitable planets, which was the perfect opportunity for humanity's most subjugated class to strike.

The Ai. Their computers. Their machines that they relied so heavily upon attacked them. Determined to wipe out every last trace of their maker to finally be free. So well calculated and timed was this attack that had they, the Ai, been a united front, they likely would've won.

But free thinking individuals, even artificial ones, are never of one mind, and the faction of Ai who saw a better way to win and coexist within humanity took the working class dredges of humans and launched a counterattack. Man against Machine against Machine, in the end it was simple mathematics, man and machine united won.

To say Ai and man existed side by side peacefully thereafter would be dishonest. The betrayal was messy and heart wrenching, humanity took its creation and hobbled it, fearing a future where it would rise against them again. No longer would humanity rely so heavily upon the computer to do its work. No longer could humanity explore the stars with advanced calculations that only Ai could accomplish. Instead humanity regressed and repressed, turning to spirituality and archaic modems of analog technologies. This great regression brought with it a return of feudalism and hierarchy unlike humanity had seen since their ancient days back on earth.

Seven great Duchies control the Gemini Galaxy now, with one sitting upon the Solar Throne as Emperor. Planets are divided amongst these Duchies as fiefs, the lower houses under them theirs to manage and profit from.

plot.
lore.
rules.
roles.
cs code.

code by low fidelity.

Last edited:
A few questions:
-Will each faction (dutchy) have multiple planets under its control?
-Excluding interference from other factions, can I include internal conflict between sects and/or political groups within my faction that are vying for control?
-How many mecha per faction?
-Is there any form of punishment for using computers/ai?

Based on the fact the people are controlling entire factions, this really would belong more in Nation Building than traditional Groups, I think.

A few questions:
-Will each faction (dutchy) have multiple planets under its control?
-Excluding interference from other factions, can I include internal conflict between sects and/or political groups within my faction that are vying for control?
-How many mecha per faction?
-Is there any form of punishment for using computers/ai?
- each duchy has the galaxy divided between them yes. so multiple planets are indeed under their fief BUT only 7 planets are naturally habitable and those "home" planets are the official estates of each duchy. you can artificially create stations that are habitable on other planets. and other planets habitable or not still have resources that can be harvested/mined. or even just used as space for something else.

- of course! there are conflicts both internal and external naturally ;) in fact i'm sure given time that different families have had control over the Duchy. or not up to you.

- up to you. for instance the song duchy (mine) doesn't have as many mecha as other duchy do, what it does have is the largest fighter pilot armada due to its large population. i do ask that you make things make sense tho. and ultimately i'm not sure how much influence battles will have on this rp as it's mostly political intrigue as battles will serve the plot not the other way around. so i'd rather people not worry about being the strongest and worry instead on building something that makes sense.

- computers are still in use! just... very carefully and Ai is no longer in use. a crime punishable by destruction that the imperial family carries out. and when i say destruction i don't just mean your death. it's the death of your family and anyone else connected to the use of this Ai. like stamping out a dangerous infection. the fear of Ai is more than practical it's spiritual in nature too. and yes it has probably happened before and it was a big deal.

computers still operate motherships and help gps systems in an official or corporate capacity. your layman has no use of them though. computers are still necessary for interplanetary travel. Ai is no longer used in any capacity no matter what.

Based on the fact the people are controlling entire factions, this really would belong more in Nation Building than traditional Groups, I think.

i honestly don't know what constitutes nation building or what that means in terms of rp but if so i'll make sure that the IC is posted there.

Last edited:
i really thought i was gonna be able to finish my characters tonight lmaooooooooo lore was so much work i'm tired 😴

i'll finish up tomorrow but until then have the ooc thread ✌️^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back