• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Space Opera Roleplay?

Rainzen

So I watched Star Trek Beyond and it killed me, man. It's so good I can't stand it. They finally brought back the spirit of star trek, and threw me back into the fandom black hole. 

You do not need to be that familiar with Star Trek to join, but I do have a vision, so we'll totally help you out until you get the hang of things, but you have to let us help you a bit at first.

We would be creating our own command crew and our own constitution class star ship. Our characters will be running the ship, and going on missions and getting into all kinds of misadventures in space.

This will be a combination of day to day slice of life stuff, with the addition of battles and away missions. A lot of these will probably be inspired by episodes from the Star Trek franchise, as well as plots from episodes from other space opera type shows like Farscape. If anyone has an idea, throw it out! I want this to be really creative and collaborative and fun for everyone.

It would also take place within the AOS timeline, generally due to aesthetic purposes and difference in the operation of star fleet itself, being a much more military and PR based institution than before. 

The characters will not be the Enterprise crew, nor will they know them personally, but like in the new movies, they will be generally well known, and encounters like the kelvin and the battle of yorktown will have an effect on starfleet policy/regulations and the general atmosphere. No one is directly effected, but it does still exist.

Our ship, as a constitution class starship of Starfleet is laid out similar to the Enterprise. Or mission is to patrol the borders of federation space, regularly visiting and assisting Federation colonies and allies. Occasionally we head a little ways out of federation space to respond to distress signals or make contact with new worlds. Each mission is a new and exciting adventure, where anything could happen. 

I'm so excited, I really hope some of you guys want to do this with me!

This roleplay is going to be third person, 1-4 paragraph replies, and pretty character driven

positions avaliable

Captain: -Rainzen

1st Officer: -open

Communications officer: -open

Pilot: -open

Navigator: -open

Cheif Medical Officer: -Rainzen

Chief security officer: -

If anyone would like to add something just say so. However, I would like to have most of these positions filled first. 

If anyone wants an explanation of what any of these titles entail, just ask away

I'm not really one for Star Trek but the AOS did make it grow on me a fair bit, I'd be interested in taking up the role of Chief Security Officer/CSO, also I believe the Pilot is referred to as a Helmsman 

Last edited by a moderator:
@Lord Shaxx awesome, here's the character topic

And our main roleplay forum

I'm new to the site, but not roleplay, but as a consequence to that I can't make hosted projects yet. As soon as I have to post count I will move this to one. Looking forward to seeing your character :)

Dude, I'd love to. I was looking for something just like this, a mixture of starship battles with downtime slice-of-life, but um......

I'm not realy well-versed in the Star Trek universe... I mean, I know very well about the genre, but, well, my actual experience with it is like, that last Star Trek movie. The one that came before Beyond. And half of the first episode of TNG.

Aside from that, only traces of scenes I've seen from other sources, commentaries and some videos of the history of the show. And, of course, the bigger "tropes" that came out of the series, like phasers, teleporters, big ships with questionable architecture, redshirts, etc.

You fell that you could cradle a noob like me?

This looks like such an interesting roleplay! I've always wanted to do a roleplay similar to this, but I unfortunately don't know that much about Star trek. I have very limited knowledge in this area. Is it possible that you are willing to consider me? 

@Idees We are getting enough people who aren't that familiar with the series that I will probably make my first few posts longer than usual and do some basic definitions within them to help people really get into the swing of things, go right ahead and put up a character sheet or two :)  We are really close to having enough people to start!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back