• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
(Oof Actually Lance has a tendency to vanish anyway so I guess it works out.) Lance turned and started walking up the stairs. He didn't bother looking back. He assumed his partner would follow.

Shiko sighed and mumbled to herself, "I guess I have to go to class too or people will get suspicious..." and proceeded to follow him after a moment of hesitation.

"We have to go to class too, come on guys," Maka said, already practically dragging Soul with her. She wanted to keep an eye on the new student, just in case her theory was correct.

Excalibur watched them walk by, a small year appearing in his eye for a second. Quickly it vanished as he turned to sing and dance his song into Death City.

Crona in the meantime was lost in thought. Was she like him? It was a question going through his head. But that rapidly went away with his little weapon beating him over the head. "Stop spacing out idiot, let's go!"

Class started soon after everyone arrived. The professor didn't bother making the new student introduce herself and jumped right into a lesson on soul resonance. Shiko didn't seem to understand what was being taught, nor was she paying attention.
"Who needs this when you can just eat their souls?" she mumbled quietly to herself. She seemed bored, if not a little irritated.

Maka tried her best to focus on the lesson, but her thoughts kept drifting back to the new girl. Should she tell Shinigami-sama about it? If they were allowed to enroll, they must not have done anything too bad. Then again, they eventually pardoned Crona for everything they did, so you couldn't be sure. If Crona could get away with hunting humans souls, even killing up to fifty or sixty people at once, there's no telling what this new girl could have done...

Spotting the girls not paying attention, the teacher pointed them out. "If you doze off in battle you'll never master resonance." The teacher wagged his finger impatiently. "I-..." The teacher was going to have them come up to demonstrate when an announcemen cut him off. "Alright Lance, it seems you are needed else where." Lance stood up with a shrug. Another special assignment.

(Hey do you want to skip to the end of the school day? Because I honestly don't know what to do here, I'm having a bit of writer's block and I need a fresh scene)

(Time skip to after classes for the day have ended.)

The dismissal bell had just rung. At some point towards the end of class, the new student had fallen asleep at her desk. The teacher didn't bother waking her, since it was her own fault if she failed, after all.

Lance in the meantime was actually just playing Chess with Lord Death.

"I still don't understand why we are doing this sir. "

"I think it's fun. Don't you think it's fun Lancelot?" Lord Death tilted his head curiously. Excalibur and Maka's Father sat around them watching.

"Well... I guess so..." Lance began.

"Checkmate!" Lord Death declared triumphantly. This led Lance to face palm. "Would you like to try again?" Lance nodded. "That's the spirit!"

Another kind student had woken Shiko up as everyone else was leaving the classroom. Having nothing better to do, she went to the school gardens. She didn't approach anyone, nor try to talk to them, simply sat in a corner away from everyone else. She wanted to go and socialize, but a part of her also wanted to be alone. The urge to leave the academy was already growing intolerable, and it didn't help that she was starting to get hungry again. Hungry for souls...
Since Crona had enrolled in the DWMA, somebody was still hunting humans. Nobody knew who it truly was, only that there was rumors of a "Demon Executioner" continuing the work of the Demon Swordsman. They had to be a demon weapon with incredible power, so being enrolled as a meister meant no one suspected Shiko.

"If only I hadn't betrayed Lady Medusa.. I could have made a lot more progress by now," she said to herself, not expecting anyone to hear. "That Demon Swordsman, what a waste. I would have gladly taken care of that gang in Italy, but no. The Demon Swordsman had to do it, eat all their souls and then run off and join the academy like the coward they are. They couldn't even kill that scythe meister and their partner..."

Maka noticed Shiko lurking in the shadows. The girl was talking to herself, but she couldn't hear what was being said. She considered trying to talk to them, then decided against it.
"Hey, Crona? What do you think of the new student? There's something weird about her."

"She feels familiar to me too, I just don't remember meeting her before," Maka looked over to the girl again, trying to pinpoint where she'd felt that wavelength before.

"You guys do realize she's a princess, right?" Soul spoke up, casually leaning against a wall. "That's probably why she's familiar to you. It's just one of those nobles that no one really cares about..."

"Wait, really? How do you know this?" Maka asked.

"I think her dad's, like, the Shinigami's rival or something. Their families don't like each other."

Crona began to bite his nails and fidget uncontrollably, "I... I... met a p-p-princess?!" He then began to scratch his head curiously. This prompted Maka and Soul to drag him away before he gave away their position.

Meanwhile Lance found his way to his room and fell asleep exhausted. Lord Death was ridiculous sometimes, but he did enjoy his company.

Of course, Shiko noticed them, but didn't bother giving pursuit. That coward Demon Swordsman meant nothing to her. Neither did the scythe meister or her weapon. Everybody but her was on their way back to their dorms.
"It's getting late, all of Death City will be asleep soon..." she said to herself. "I'm getting hungry again. I'll have to hunt tonight..." she stood up from where she'd been sitting. "That's the thing about being both a meister and a weapon. Gotta collect my own souls. Maybe if they get in my way, I'll just eat the souls of that Demon Swordsman and their weapon. That's all a weakling traitor like them is good for, anyway."

She just started walking, farther away from the academy, and out into Death City. She passed Soul and Maka's dorm. She sensed the Demon Swordsman nearby, which only made her hunger even stronger. She hadn't consumed a soul in days, but she wouldn't be satisfied with kishin eggs. She was on the hunt for human souls.

After making everyone dinner, Maka was ready to go out soul hunting. Soul, being the lazy guy he was, just wanted to go to bed. They argued for a while in the main room, barely noticing a shadow momentarily block out the light from the window as someone passed by.

"Yo, what are you doing out so late?" Lance who was just getting to sleep felt his partner unconsciously touching the scarf he gave her. "I hope this is good enough to wake me from a dead sleep."

Shiko barely noticed anything else going on around her, much less her partner's concerns. Right now all she could focus on was the sudden, overwhelming desire to kill, an insatiable hunger for souls and the power that came with them.

"You seem a bit lost in thought." Touching her shoulder he brought them both high into the sky above the city. "Maybe up here you can focus a bit better." He stated keeping her airborne by keeping a hold on the back of her shirt. He didn't much care if she struggled in his grip or not. He wanted to know why she had called for him in the dead of night. "What an interesting night."

"Oh, it's you..." she mumbled, mind racing to come up with a believable lie for why she was even out there in the middle of the night. "I must have alerted you by accident, really..." Could he tell there was something wrong? Her hunger kept growing stronger, she could barely focus enough to form coherent speech. Of course, her partner didn't know she was a weapon, too. He had no way to know she was trying to become a kishin...

"Yeah, maybe you should try going to bed. It's pretty late you know." He jerked his head towards the dorms. "Don't know if you got yourself a place but I'm sure the spare room at my place has a bed."
His eyes never wavered and in fact there was something there for the briefest of moments. If his partner saw it he couldn't tell. She was far too distracted.

"It's fine. I don't need to sleep right now..." she didn't want to arouse suspicion, but also wanted to escape. She needed souls and she needed them now. Being around the academy students was driving her mad, since she knew she'd lose everything if she killed a student. Her tail twitched in annoyance. "Just leave me alone..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back