• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Soul Eater: F.A.T.E

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

__ichinose_shiki_idolmaster_and_1_more_drawn_by_sawarakajin__a914de400f87936606a2f953e7f28c75.jpg

Eloise Keegan - Vale of Ffestiniog, Gwynedd, Wales
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Were her team to have been paying particular attention to Elly's face at the moment in which the Gwyl appeared, they would have observed a subtle but noticeable twitch of her eye despite the rest of her friendly expression holding. Internally cursing the cat that gave her incorrect information., Elly collected herself as quickly and smoothly as possible, clasping her hands together with a small bow and an apologetic smile following Zosar's chiming in.

"It is as he says... I'm afraid information on how to acquire an audience with you is rather outdated at the moment. I assure you, we wouldn't intend such disrespect. On the contrary, we have sought you out in hopes you would strike a deal with us," Elly answered politely as she straightened her posture once again. "We seek Sharlott's Mirror, which we were told was in your possession. Is there anything you would be willing to trade it for? Or perhaps a service of some kind would be preferable to an item?"

Elly's words were smooth and to the point. She already predicted that they would have to make a subsequent trip of some kind in order to acquire the relic. Worse yet, the Gwyl perhaps didn't even have the damned thing anymore, a thought Elly shoved out of her head for the time being. That was if the creature wasn't so petty as to take the misnaming to heart.

RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Haze- Haze-

emperorschosen-neck-ar-34-v-5-2-dc3ad97e-c3f0-4f14-919d-a9042f95bc97.png

Daniella Ethalyn - Hancock Park
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
Dani scoffed at Nadia's remark, narrowing her eyes at the man as the taller woman gripped her shoulder. Begrudgingly taking a seat, it was clear the Demon Sword did not hold a high first impression thus far. Though, at least she seemed agreeable to Nadia doing the brunt of the talking as she turned her attention to the menu.

"Why does that sound too fuckin' simple..." Dani murmured grumpily as she continued looking through the drink menu. "I'm lookin'... Tch, those knight fucks will probably get all the credit for our work too."

Dani ordered a lemonade smoothie of raspberries and blueberries which was brought over through the man's following intel dump. A colorful and disarming drink, matching her own bright palette. He said they had a plan, but it all seemed to straight-forward and easy. It very well could be, but why would it? Things were never simple or easy for them.

"What about the Bishops?" Dani pointed out. "If you've never identified them before and they flee when trouble starts, you've never fought them or seen them fight, and just cause they try to bail doesn't mean they're defenseless. They could just be careful. Makes sense that the higher up the rankings you go, the more corrupted by this shit they may be."

Dani couldn't say they had a tail like her or the sort. From the other cultist's reaction, hers was of a more pure variety. However, who knew what that meant compared to the Bishops.

Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun Merciless Medic Merciless Medic Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu

1707597415255.png
Maria Mayer - Vale of Ffestiniog, Gwynedd, Wales

Of course, yet another mistranslation, if not an outright liar. Speaking of liars, she ought to see about causing trouble for that Monster Cat, the field monkey as well. Witches did not seek out the Fae often, for several reasons, but what had happened time and time again on this day, which annoyed the doll maker to no end, was twofold, and typical of the Fae. One, they were mischievous if not outright malicious, and they had emotions that were as volatile as their magic was strong. A people that operated more on whims than some of her more liberally minded compatriots. In short, Fae was rarely anything but trouble, and this would likely be no exception. Though it didn't help they were being led around on a chase, still... Well, two could play this game. It was like the deal with the horse and the bell, Maria knew a Kelpie would just try taking at least one of them in the water to drown them, though she did consider the cake to be a decent enough offering to draw out the ordeals happening here to get an answer. Regardless of that, this one was powerful, it would not be wise to upset her, her mere presence was enough to cool the local environment.

The simple fact was you could not trust any of the fae, not even a witch such as herself. Having assumed they would face some trouble or trickery, this was just becoming an annoyance, if some force of divine providence had hoped all of this would make Maria broaden her horizons, it had only caused her to double down, there was nothing magical about this. "Ah, pardon us, a Cynhaeaf Púca instructed us to call you such." Now to see if retribution went down on him, still, "We are here for the reasons stated. The item was stolen and traded by those without authority, so we would like to earn it back if possible."

Interactions: EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen (Elly) Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul (Kisei) The Regal Rper The Regal Rper (Zosar) Haze- Haze- (Wren)

Last edited:
1707604238915.png 1707604388295.png1707604403107.png
Meskhenet - Feng Long - Seth
The Great Tomb of Meskhenet - Egypt
September - 20th

As the group went about making up its mind, it seemed the Mage and the leader would spend their times making appeals the Sphinx would laugh as her gaz met that of the rest, and of note, that of Gauss. A laugh that was equal parts of amused and haughty. As the mage gave his show, showing the alterations of Earth, such was not too surprising, but his claims were another matter, and the man who said outrageous things, maybe she would give him a token of what he wished, but all the more so, her next words were what she believed. "You are truly a foolish mortal." With that said, she motioned for Feng to approach her as she clarified her meaning.

"The five minutes were to decide how you wish to proceed, it would seem most of yours have no wish to fight me. Any such agreements towards I, and if I act in any regard, such talks cannot be carried out in such conditions, with not even a bit of comfort and wine. You there, Girl, show me this Cell Phone." Turning her attention to Wes, she tilted her head just a bit, with a smile. "At the very least your people are not as boring, demanding and disappointing as those before. There are but so many would be kings...but ah, enough of that."

Doing as she was asked, Feng stepped up with her phone, under this stone structure there was but so much, well any signal in here at all, she had to rely on archived videos, and whatever local relays were near Qena, first she showed some of her videos from Hong Kong, there was a few martial arts film compilations, a few shorts of Red Panda's in a zoo, cats, some videos on gardening, and map apps. While this area and its surroundings were covered, the sheer size of this "new" city Cairo was on a massive scale, and even it was not but so much, what also was curious was how much of the past seemed lost, forgotten. Then there were a few glimpses of military matters and a brief footnote on the world wars. Holding the phone herself, the Sphinx eyes seemed to glow, what she was doing was a question left in the air. But to Hazard a guess, she seemed to be reading it, or gauging the materials it was made out of, something she admitted to shortly thereafter.

"How curious. These materials, while it concerns me what sort of waste they generate... Still, if this was a test on wisdom with a time limit... Either way, if that is the case, I shall go with you, the Dog is welcomed as well, with his people I am sure. We, or at least I have need to speak with one in a higher ranking. Though from the little notes I've seen, you humans have done more in the last 300, than the last several thousand. I wonder how and why."

"My, how gracious of you..., though yes, my people will indeed have a talk about this. I may include an elder or two, but those items were under our safe keeping, and the DWMA lost the book in the first place. So, forgive me if I question the safety of your vaults." Seth was clearly not pleased with the situation, but he was also not being hostile. If the Sphinx wished to play along with the Whims of man, then it would be they who were burned, unless she had truly changed. However, the discussion on these items was not done from their point of view, but it was clear this Gauss had no say, but it was not like they could take them out, they were not one to resort to such a means for one, and if the Sphinx helped them, it would be a loss for sure. Right now, with their public view and in light of all the service they have given to Egypt for so long, it should be possible for pull some form of concessions or protection for his people.

For her part, Meskhenet gave Feng her phone back as the massive eye of fire fed back into her. Soul, Aether and Body were all one. "I find this small form to be problematic for anything but dealing directly with your lot... As to you, with honeyed words, I am sure I'll see you again."

With that, Feng collected her phone, though Aki might be disappointed, this all was likely for the best? She wasn't so sure, still something caught her attention, a black tear that tinged with fire. "...Eh, is that part of you?"

Turning her attention to the unknown scenario, the Sphinx simply said; "My, how quaint." Not elaborating or giving details as she monitored the rest, before making way to the first light she had seen in over three thousand years. Seth was right on her heels, as the Anpu cut a glance at the DWMA Agents, leaving this mystery to them there was little more for him to do in regard to this situation, whatever it was that the eagle eyed one spotted, well, that wasn't his problem, or something he even saw. The sphinx seemed to know more than she let on, but she had been doing this the whole time.

And so, the party was left alone, though Feng ventured away enough to get a signal, seemed a command unit and reinforcements were on the way, and she didn't trust the two furries to not fight one another. Relaying this information to the rest over Comms, Feng just wanted out of this sand pile.

1707613278813.png
Nadia Semyonov - LA - Hancock Park, Koreatown, LA
"Heh." Listening to what the man had to say and keeping silent as her own drink was brought with Dani's Nadia waited till the woman on duty was well and far away, before stating her own thoughts on what had happened and been said up to now, as she took her purple and blue hued drink and gave it a try, through a paper straw, twitching her jaw a little.

"Hmm... You see tovarish, I know a little bit about what they want, how they think. I've seen it often enough, they are fanatics that enjoy good PR. Purely because of their claim of God and of man. Yet other religions of their own kind would declare them Heretics and assault them at the first given opportunity, for their views would be heresy, the Abrahamic faiths have constantly split for one piece of Dogma or another. And their ideas on what is and isn't human is directly problematic for everyone on my team, if not the order of the world at large. They will play nicely only because we too have some support among the governments and populations, however, should that protection ever be revoked, they would stop at nothing to exterminate us all."

"I in turn will grab the fascist vermin by the throat and see how well their God protects their armored hides... but I digress... However, as to this plan of yours, my partner has the right of it, if you'll have our cooperation depends on the nature of said plan. If your plan is the DWMA plays as human shields, well you can fuck off to your employer, we are mutual allies not servants." She said pushing back against his own domination attempt of the situation. Pressing her hands against the table, Nadia looked at him with the same disdainful look she had for pretty much everyone and took another sip of her drink. "I am willing to work with you, but I will know what my assets, what my men are up to. If I must expend their lives of safety it had better be for a good cause or situation. Though, I am of the same mind as Dani, we should not assume they are so easily taken, then we must decide what is done with them, though I'll assume that has been arranged in part."

Interactions/Mentions: EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen (Dani) Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul (Adrian/NPCs) Merciless Medic Merciless Medic (Sara - Raph) The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu (Noise)

Moelwyn Bach Mountain Pass, Vale of Ffestiniog, Gwynedd, Wales​

desktop-wallpaper-pin-on-anime-anime-ghost-girl.jpg
"You desire the Mirror of Shalott..." Caryus replied. Simple, succinct, undirected in that she didn't give them any indication of how she felt about that claim. She was fairly stoic as long as she wasn't talking. That otherworldly appearance, whether it was seen as beautiful or intimidating, didn't reveal a lot about her inner mind.

"I see now you spoke to Garette," she said, staring off seemingly into the distance, "he is a trickster, though of little harm. His father was a thorn in my side as well."

These comments were unfortunately arbitrary to their initial requests, but the Gwyll herself shifted from attention onto them to her new stance of staring outward. In truth, she was reviewing more of what her eyes had seen and her ears had heard with the group. An act that did split her attention, if only for a brief while.

She did finally look down, her black and blue eyes being gentle yet sharp in their gaze. They did not piece, but slice like a scalpel.

"The Mirror was given to me, and can do far more than what your leaders ascribe to it," she told them, being quite matter-of-fact about the topic. No matter how Maria or anyone tried to claim it was given to her without authority, it was in fact given to her. There was no Fae law about trading stolen goods. No, no items of great enough value would never be stolen to begin with.

"You have nothing that I value such as the mirror," she told them, "and, while I would allow your use of it once as reward for the effort of seeking me out, I would not hand it to you for nothing less than it's true value."

She paused, thinking of if there was even a task suitable for the group that would be worth the trade. There was only so much that a group like them could do. Only so much that human hands could do within the world of the Fae. Especially in ancient lands like these that were ones bedded with the Green. Still, this was not a opportunity she came across often. Humans of any notable ability did just stumble into her mountains.

"There is another of my kind: Matilda of the Night. She is but a short distance South near Cadair Idris. In the wee hours of the night, you can find her by the sound of geese; though do not be fooled. What sounds like a gaggle are truly hounds the size of cattle, twice as fierce as bull, with a howl that can shatter glass and bite stone. Their Wild Hunt is for lost souls that gather in the mountain, but once per month, Matilda brings her pack to my valley, and their howling doth drive me mad..." she told them, informing them with her flowery words of another Fae not that far off. They wouldn't know it now, but by car, it was a mere half hour to Cadair Idris.

"I will trade you a white linen from Matilda, given of her own free will, wrapped around a twig of hazel from a tree within Cadair Idris," she told them, giving them a fairly a specific item to trade for the mirror, though odd it was, and what little background information they would need to find their target.

The Regal Rper The Regal Rper RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen Haze- Haze-
[/color]

Wren
Vale of Ffestiniog; Gwynned, Wales

Venturing to ‘the road that splits in twain’ was as uneventful as she’d hoped it’d be, save for Elly’s callout snapping her out of autopilot. Wren looked on to the biforked path, wholly unfocused—already flagging down the ways this could devolve into another fetch quest, somehow, like she were filling up her mental bingo card— one ear wriggling to her team leader’s humming.

“You won’t even notice I’m here.” — She held her hands up, gestured to zip her lips— she, once again, was more than happy to let them do all the talking.

Her hands slowly came back down at the last mutter of Carys’ moniker, her cold breath hung and dropped out of her mouth; Wren’s hairs stood on end. It was a sudden discomfort to the unknowable that swept her then, shuddering at the flash freeze grasping the air. She stared wide-eyed at the Gwyll, at the largeness and of her presence, the impossibility of the sun swallowing itself to a dark shape. Still, suspended mortification, the wrong feeling in her gut— something reminding her of how discomforting the unknowable really was.

Something else, an irritation crossing her eyes. Unknowable, unpredictable. This whole trip was starting to get on her nerves.

That exasperation of hers became all the more tangible once she stopped to count the number of times they’d been mislead by now. The monster cat, the one who sold them the bell, and that self-absorbed monkey cat. There was an indignation bubbling inside her at that; an idle hand went up, a phantom itch making her scratch at her collar.

There was this underlying urge to shove a handful of rocks into the cake back when they left it with the Púca, but she’d chose to show restraint. Hence why she’d settled for only raking a nail through the frosting as she waved her goodbyes— ‘You better start runnin' next time I catch a glimpse of you, asshole…’ — She was regretting her decision now.

It wasn’t too late to tell Maria to blow the Fae to the stratosphere next time they came across it, at least.

Falling back on her prior words, Wren asserted her presence. Straightening up, getting rid of her frown and shoving her thoughts away from her and Zosar’s link, she raised her hand to get the Gwyll’s attention — “Pardon,” — She half-bowed her head before speaking — “If the question’s insubstantial or not, but for readiness’ sake, will Matilda truly give this up out of her own free will? Is there something we should expect?”

There was more she wanted to ask, what she meant by the mirror doing ‘more’, specifically— but she didn’t want to test the limits of Carys’ patience. It was better to go on another mindless fetch quest than to be stuck mindlessly wandering the forest for three days and nights. She crossed her arms, kept her head down with a thoughtful glint in her eye.

‘Nothing less than it’s true value…’ — She, for one, wasn’t expecting the Gwyll of the night to hand this showy bauble out of the kindness of her heart. No, everything had been teetering on going awfully wrong for a while now, this wasn’t likely to be the one exception.

RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul The Regal Rper The Regal Rper EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen

1707974951779.png

Sighing after the other spoke, it was possible they could force a battle with this Caryus, but it would be highly ill advised. Plus, there was no guarantee that she even had the item on her person. Though that did beg a question as one doll face looked at her match, Maria to Caryus, a single thought came to mind. "If you do not mind the asking, what use do you have for the mirror, and what do you mean that they ascribed to it? Truth be told, those who had it not knowing its full use does not surprise me. Even what they said it could do would demand it to be better guarded, it clearly is an item born of Magic. The question is who's magic. I myself do not keep but a few sentimentalities and discard what I have no use for, and you seem alike in that regard."

Then there was the issue of her request, to take the white linen of another of her kind. One that had troublesome hellhounds, or black dogs as Maria thought of them, and to get her willingly to part with it. Yet more Fae trickery and deception. At least they honored a deal they agreed to... However, combat would be one of many tools here, and Maria, as straight laced as she was, decided to leave any lying or trickery to the redhead that led them. This was quickly shaping up into a trade quest, as she was sure this Matilda of the Night, pausing in her thoughts, Maria narrowed her gaze at the other, then placed her right thumb near her mouth as she suddenly took it back down by her side.

"Mallt-y-Nos, also known as the Night Mallt, she is a crone much like you, who was condemned for her pride and vanity in a statement in regard to not wanting heaven if there is no hunting, to forever be on the Hunt in the dead of night, to bring those souls to Annwn, never mind she supposedly rides with one of your Kings. Interestingly her hounds may tie into the mythology and supernatural Black Dogs of England and the US who are equally as malicious, provided they aren't one and the same."

This time, Maria did bite into her thumb before shaking her head, letting it drip crimson. "As a lady of the Hunt, she will have significant martial prowess."

Interactions: EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen (Elly) Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul (Kisei) The Regal Rper The Regal Rper (Zosar) Haze- Haze- (Wren)

Last edited:

__ichinose_shiki_idolmaster_and_1_more_drawn_by_sawarakajin__a914de400f87936606a2f953e7f28c75.jpg

"Then we have something in common," Elly replied to the mention of Garrett as he was called. However, as the crone spoke on, a slight twitch of Elly's eye could be spotted by the perceptive.

The meister fully expected Caryus to ask something of them. What Elly was not expecting was the being to send them to go haggle with another crone. Not to mention, this one was seemingly far less welcoming according to rumors. The greater irritation was not even what they need get, but rather in the manner they were required to. By her own free will, meaning they would be bartering with the creature or paying it a favor, if it was even welcoming to that idea. If it told them all to piss off, then they were stuck.

Wren seemed to mimic this thought, picking out that the Fae specifically requiring that Matilda give up the item freely insinuated she would not be very receptive. Maria added to this, speaking on her legend. There were usually some truth to such fables, however Elly wasn't willing to rely on them to any substantial degree. Campfire stories were edited and misremembered with each passage through a new ear and mouth.

"Indeed... What is your experience with Matilda? The more information we have on her, the better our chances of succeeding, after all," Elly prodded the Fae for information. Likely the DWMA had some file on this Mallt-y-Nos, one that Elly would request upon the end of this meeting, but Caryus's knowledge was likely most accurate given the proximity. "I'm also a bit curious as to what other abilities the mirror has as well, if you wouldn't mind enlightening us?"

RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Haze- Haze- The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

Cairo - Egypt - Malta
September - 21st - 22nd

While the situation between Meskhenet, the Anpu and the DWMA being resolved by more senior parties than what any of those present could provide, the long trek back to Cairo was undertaken, in the same convoy that took them here, the whole team including Moreau would arrive back in Cairo the following day, exhausted to be sure and in need of a break. However, such was not the luxury of FATE Agents. While there may have been more kind words for them, they didn't get perks of vacation time lightly. And such was not extended to Gauss and his partners this time around either. Then there was the whole issue with just what happened to Gauss and his new power, though secrecy within the DWMA, this development would be studied in time and upon their return...

(OOC Note form Red, what happened to Gauss and the fate of Meskhenet and the Anpu will be revealed in flashback posts and collabs here soon/in the coming days)

From Cairo it was time to board one of the DWMA's passenger jets, a sort that dotted many an airfield with space for 12, meaning given their present numbers the seven aboard would have plenty of space to be spread off to their own. Annika had been flown out on a separate flight to a DWMA Hospital in Italy, where they would later link up as well, while a brief respite was allowed in Cairo with a functional visit, the only rest they would have gotten was aboard the subsonic passenger jet.

If only things could be so simple. With events in Egypt still being resolved, the concurrent Chaos in the Western European Branch with the high losses of life, plus ongoing assignments, and it being far removed from the Eastern European Branch's sphere of influence a request was sent out for agents to assist in an emergency development on the Island of Malta, and official request at that. From the short briefing that was given, or rather the request, the briefing would happen upon arrival, for now the dispatch and the words WANTED flashed to screen, it was a call to assist in the investigation, captured, or termination of at least two wanted fugitives, regarded as high two stars in standing;

"To Agents of the DWMA, I am Inspector Andrew Leonardini, on behalf of the Malta Police Force, we are reporting two known fugitives and are requesting your assistance, Malta simply does not have armed forces that can conduct this operation without risking significant civilian casualties. We are shadowing their presence and will give a more thorough briefing upon your arrival, there are some in the Government who wish to ask a Knightly order for its help, but I would rather keep this operation as low key as possible. Transmitting Security camera footage. Though brief and with deft movement far beyond the realm of ordinary men, two cloaked and masked figures that just screamed VILLIANY BE HERE, emerged from a parked container ship. The significance of this was soon to follow, after the frame froze;

1708060029566.png
Jansen and Jessie Bright - Origin Unknown - Possibly Northern Europe - Connected with the Soul Market - Weapon Meister Pair, Twins, Moderate to high two-star level, WANTED - EXTREME DANGER - Mercenary and illegal Meister Weapon Pair. Responsible for numerous deaths across the world.

"Simply put, we can't deal with this, not without a few dead cops or a few deaths from our only couple companies of troops, so we would like you to handle the mission, time is of the essence, they landed in Kalafrana and made way for Hal Far, not much we can do. I'll be waiting at Malta international Airport."

And that was that, Inspector Leonardini was asking for some assistance and had determined others were here as it were, but that was a part for the DWMA to find. So far command was all for it, more so to investigate what this new fire power did for him in a field test...

Last edited:

"Even if I were to tell you of the uses of the mirror, such knowledge is pointless if you do not know how to enact it. Your lot merely used the mirror to learn of the soul by drinking the waters that sit within it. The true power of the mirror is to dispel the shadows of the world. Within it, lies are reflected as truths. That is, until one stares too long. The truth within the waters will become a lie, it will show a world that untainted by the evils of others and twisted to a warped perfection of whoever peers into it. The bowl was once cracked and later repaired; before then, it's power was much greater. One could swear in oath in blood over the bowl and if said oath was broken, the heart would shatter--quite literally; it cast death upon whomever forsook their word. Before it broke, hundreds wasted away looking at the beautiful world it created within. In truth, I perhaps do not even know the full extent of its abilities, but I can assure you that it was wasted before I took charge of it," Carys told them, going over some of the other latent abilities and even the history of the mirror. By her description, it did far more than what Adam claimed, and more so, had far more used than to pry into the hidden potential of the youth one-by-one. Then again, it also seemed like Carys had grown frustrated with the conversation. Spewing information like this, especially effectively for free, was not an act she was fond of. Worse, it seemed that the only one of the group that knew how to speak with any tact had suddenly fallen silent.

In truth, Elly might have been able to convince Carys to provide more information. The Gwyll was not beyond giving them favor in knowledge it resulted in the outcome she wanted. She would not have offered the trade if she did want what that that white cloth symbolized more than she did the mirror. The problem was that the Fae, especially this one, were long-lived. Ancient creatures that had different customs and levels of respect. Zosar with his honeyed words actually accomplished some good, if only by a sense of familiarity in his mannerisms. Maria, with her blunt and direct nature, was quite the opposite.

"You lot are the ones that want this trade. I did not seek out a requisition for you, so do not behave as if I owe you any more help," Carys said, shifting into a more passive-aggressive attitude once she finished her explanation of the mirror. Which, given her current tone, now made the previous explanation seem somewhat more condescending in retrospect.

"You will find that, much like myself," Carys continued with a clear and pointed emphasis on the words she chose to mirror Maria, "Matilda is no crone. You are right that she has great martial prowess. Her scars are marks of beauty; she is not unmarred as I am, though time has not ravaged her is it will you."

Carys floated up higher into the sky, back into the blackened moon once she made her last claim, which itself was a shot at the group. Even Maria, with time, would grow old and wrinkled. It may not happen as fast as Wren or Elly, but it would occur nonetheless. It perhaps meant little to them, but such a disgrace carried great weight with the Fae.

"I shall offer you only warning: Matilda is much less forgiving than I. Speak to her as you have me, and she will kill you," Carys announced.

Then, just as abruptly as she arrived through the color-inverted sky, she was gone. As if a pane of glass shattered into a million tiny pieces, the thin veil that covered the sky in a filter that changed the colors so radically rained down into sparkles that faded. Behind it was the natural sky of the Welsh mountain range. The air, too, warmed, though not as much as one might hope. The sounds of the night, animals and insects, chirped into existence and the still air swirled to life. Carys was gone.

Once she was gone, Kisei finally chimed into existence. He wasn't sure how to handle that particular situation given Carys had no idea what he was--which itself made sense. Either way, people tended to fear what they did not understand, and he didn't want her to lash out with aggression. Now that it was over, however, he could see how some definite mistakes were made.

"Maria, you would make a terrible man," Kisei said, breaking the long-formed ice with a direct, although odd comment about Maria.

"Carys may be powerful and ancient, but she is also a woman. Most women... like to be told they're pretty, to feel attractive, desirable--and I get the feeling that translates to Fae, too. The little fuckin' Pooka had us insult her by calling her unmarried. If that's truly an insult, you can infer a lot about it," Kisei explained, going off on a rant--arguably even a slightly offensive, borderline sexist rant--about the exchange, "and you called her a crone. Right after she got upset at being called a hag."

Kisei genuinely threw his hands up and allowed an exasperated face of 'what-the-fuck' to light up his face an emphasize his now half-bulged eyes, which itself was no small task given his Asian heritage.

Kisei then turned his attention to Elly and Wren. That look of frustrated had slightly lessened, but only slightly. "C'mon, ladies, admit it. You like being told you're pretty," he went on.

"Ellybear, I know you love to be the center of attention with all eyes on you--and that hair you had for a while was hot," Kisei said, specifically focusing on his partner for a moment.

But, his frustration knew no shame. He turned to Wren.

"And, let's not act like you don't have your own charm. Sexy werewolf, grey-white hair, Italian--I'm sure there's some love for the amore there somewhere," he commented, switching up gears from his previous exchanges with Wren to being downright frank.

It didn't last long. Kisei stopped pouring his attention on any one person and redirected it to the group as a whole.

"Right, ladies? Maybe we should try to not insult the ancient Fae hunter we have no knowledge of whose martial prowess has been talked up by two people at this point and has a legion of Hellhounds ready to fuck us up?" Kisei said, again, showing how exasperated he was. He was much more theatrical and lively than normal, but at the same time given what he had just witnessed and how sensitive the feelings of these Fae seemed to be, he really didn't want to risk a fight in their weakened state on one off comment.

The Regal Rper The Regal Rper RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen Haze- Haze-

Last edited:
1708105007721.png

As the event played out and with the silence of half her team, Maria's doll like face takes on its nastier appearance as her face stared at him with a tilt, her pupils dilated and her jaw locked, as the mage team had seen time and time again, her buttons had been pressed and a level of danger was here. "If you were so much better at it, then why did you or none of the rest speak up? Why leave it to Elly and I? Kisei, I stated what they were, A hydra, even in human form is still a Hydra, and I called them what myths did.

I could care little and less how much I please them. Hmph, then I guess I'll say nothing at all. The Fae are trouble, and you best remember nothing they do or say is kind, though they demand as much from humans they trick or kill in the end more often than not. Though should we even bother giving the mirror back? It's clear the incompetence of the Western Branch and the malicious use of the mirror, if true, well that paints the need of this mirror needing to go to Death City. If that all was true, then the Western Branch is in need of an immediate Audit. I protest returning the device to them, would be far better to leave it with the Fae."

Then there was the rest that he had said, "She was not attractive to me. And I've rarely had such words spoken to me, or as my Master said, those who say those words mostly want something of you. I've no interest in what you assume to know about me. At least instructor Rand, though demanding he was, I can at least talk to. I've said what I had to, logged my protests, and now she's gone. Where were your honeyed words before? Was her beauty so much that they were lost to you? Either way, I have no more to say on this matter, and I'll leave you to the mercies of the Fae in the next conversation."

Mv3Qgdc.png

KiseiHoshi

Deadsoul

Species Death Golem
Partner Eloise Keegan
Rank Two-Star

Location Moelwyn Bach Mountain Pass, Vale of Ffestiniog, Gwynedd, Wales
Mission A Reflection of Question
Status Focused

divider-wild-pirate-mutiny-rank-hearthstone-decks-30.png

"This has been a long time coming, Maria: You. Dumb. Bitch." Kisei told her, cutting right through the bullshit she decided to spew at him and answering it with his honest opinion of her.

"I am a walking Death-damn abomination and Zosar was doing good enough at sweet-talking her. Staying silent was my best bet. There was nothing I could add that would have helped, except maybe to have told you to shut the fuck up," Kisei went on, releasing the full breadth of his frustrations with the ignorant little Witch. Or, sorceress, but such semantics were irrelevant that the moment.

"Your incompetence is clear, too. You act like not speaking is the end of the world, like your input is necessary or a blessing to all those who hear it. But, it's not. You clearly lack the ability to discern when it's better to not mention something or that whatever random knowledge you cram into that smooth-lobed little brain of yours isn't actually that useful," Kisei continued, practically screaming at this point. His voice was raised, not necessarily an aggressive yell, but he was clearly at his breaking point.

"She is gone because your dumbass decided to insult her. You want to bitch about the Fae, how they'll trick or kill you, but for fuck's sake, you basically insulted her to her face with a word synonymous to the one she told us not to use. That is stupidity incarnate, Maria," Kisei told her, "And, Rand was no fucking better. I was in the Paean Program with him. He pissed off everyone and had his ass kicked for it more than once. You know why he wears those headphones all the time? Because he's less likely to run his entitled mouth if he drowns the rest of the world out."

"You need a fucking reality check, plain and simple. You got sent out into the real world from your sheltered little workshop because your instructor realized how you're a fucking dunce with people. Your personality is as bland as cardboard, your lack of interpersonal skills isn't just a death-damn weak-spot, it's a damn liability as you've just proven, and you're too damn immature to admit you made a damn mistake--so you never fucking learn," Kisei told her, just throwing these factoids at her with no regard to his word choice or vulgarity.

Zosar | Gweynedd, Wales

Perhaps it had been a mistake to let Maria continue speaking instead of cutting her short cleanly halfway.

Ark had said that Maria lacked…social awareness, a good heart but an awkward individual, smart and chatty at subjects she knew yet skittish and silent whenever it was outside her forte. Throughout the mission(s) he had been seeing how that was so. If it wasn't taking something too literal it was having it fly over the radar, in some ways, she sort of reminded him of Aki-- barely, if only that they both tended to miss the apple in the barrel frequently.

And-- she did not just call the Lady giving them view not to presence alone but this little frozen realm, a ‘crone’.

Internally he recoiled. Externally, the relaxed expression on his face shifted into a minor frown, and then carried on with closed eyes upon the clear sense of offense the Lady had taken with Maria’s words before her departure.

It was on that departure he did in fact believe he had indeed made a colossal mistake not cutting Maria off immediately after that word had been spoken

And he had been considering just how to address Maria about how she could have left out one or two words at the end there, but a specific word that might have avoided what he sensed was soon to come--

--till Kisei's comment and then it continued, with Maria's rebuttal on how some of the team had been rather quiet.

As Maria was making her points against Kisei, Zosar leaned against Wren, bicep to shoulder.

He isn't wrong you know? You are bound to get some fans, once we bring that mirror back.

Which was followed by Kisei's immediate retort and then scolding critique.

I’m going to step in the line of fire here.” After hearing everything Kisei had just said, which was definitely a TMI on Maria's whole reason for being into the program, it definitely seemed like he might be getting into a minefield.

Now before Elly goes ballistic” jumping in between, “I probably should have stepped in the second I heard her say the word that shall not be repeated. Learning lesson for me as well I suppose. And Mari, while I can't say I agree with the delivery,” not to say he didn't agree with the points their death scythe companion had made, but because that would make what he was going to say next be void if he voiced it, “Kisei's point is pretty clear: learn from this experience. As helpful as your knowledge can be it matters little if at the end you insult the same person we are supposed to be interacting with. When we return, let me apologize for how we left, unless you would prefer to do it yourself.

As for the mirror, the Lady’s word on it certainly paints it to be of far more value. The fact it has such abilities and the DWMA doesn't even know about it is quite peculiar I must say, and equally just as intriguing. In either case, now that we know the Unmarred title is another thinly veiled barb, we may want to call using Lady Carys instead or I could try something, if it helps, whether it gets a response is up in the air.”

He was really just looking for an excuse to call Carys out by way of mentioning how beautiful he found her. And it was a genuine desire to both avoid displeasing her and also a sense of sincere interest in not using a name that had been bestowed to her mockingly. The topic shift was to also move the tension off where it was present and on to their next task.

For all they knew the deal could be off and the fair lady Carys might not even respond again once they had done the task. To doubt her at the moment.though wasn't something he let linger.

Somehow Carys had been able to see things beyond mere Soul Perception. It was more mesmerizing than it was terrifying but all the more reason it struck him to be cautious with his own thoughts.

Who knew what she would or could see the next time they met.

Mentions: RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen

Interactions: Haze- Haze- Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul

The eye twitch happened again as the Fae spoke. It may have taken some a bit to realize it was meant to be condescending, though Elly picked up on it pretty immediately. How very much a part of her shouted out to take the totalitarian approach and force compliance. The Fae spoke about them inconveniencing her and insinuating she was doing them a favor by simply speaking to them. While true that she did not have a hand in the theft and was faultless, the fact it was stolen remained nonetheless. This was, in some ways, a favor. The DWMA recognizing, or at least their team, that it wasn't Cayrus's fault that the mirror was stolen and that she obtained it from the thief legitimately. Thus, they offered a favor to her set everyone right in exchange for it back.

Elly knew that were she replaced with some of the other leaders in FATE, the approach would be less of a considerate offer and more of a demand.

The meister was seething internally, however, what more caused her irritation was the bickering that went on behind her. Kisei, first, pointing out a flaw in Maria's speech, which was a fuck-up, and she responded to the criticism defensively. It was a surprise, but perhaps it was simply odd to think of something getting to Maria. Then Kisei, in Kisei fashion, went for the throat.

Elly's face dropped into a scowl as she stared off in the direction where Cayrus disappeared, listening to the vitriol behind her. However, after Zosar began to mediate, she started to chuckle lightly.
"Aha~... Before I go ballistic," She repeated in an unnervingly sing-song tone.

Then she turned to Kisei, wearing a smile that didn't fit her earlier irritation.
"You, are in absolutely, zero fucking position to lambast anyone right now," She said sharply though in a clashingly polite tone of voice. "Piss off the Fae, she did, which did not result in any holes in chest cavities or near-death experiences. Defensive she also was, which isn't unsurprising considering the previous day's events. If an ancient Fae is emotional enough to care about petty insults or compliments, a sorceress no older than us being irritable is more than within expected parameters. Remember, you are, by far, in the best condition out of us all, in all senses of the word. Tone it down."

With that, she turned her smile to Maria, and spoke just as politely. "But make no mistake, dear, address the Fae by their name or do not address them. We do not address you as witch over your name, or Wren wolf or canine, or myself girl, especially when the word holds multiple meanings. Hell, I'm sure there are any who would address you as a crone or hag by the ignorant perception that it means a magical hermit woman," She chastised her nonetheless. "I don't hold a high perception of the local branch or Fae, but an assignment is an assignment, and I will not be a fuck-up to the same degree they are."

There was particular emphasis on each swear, her accent adding a pleasing, yet ominous undertone to it that said, if it wasn't obvious by now, she wasn't happy despite her smile. Elly stepped past them, beginning to return the way the came. "Now, we're going back to find directions and transportation, and if I have to listen to your bickering the entire way I really will go ballistic."

RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Haze- Haze-

1708184292256.png

In rapid order everyone had something to say, but the words of Kisei did not sit well with her. Not well at all. It was grating, it was why dealing with people was more trouble than it was worth. It was a shame he would be one of the few to live a long time like she would. Truly, such a gift was waisted on this philistine. It was towards the end of it all that her right hand ran up to her face, cupped under her nose and around her left cheek bone.

"..." It was then that her right hand tipped towards her tool belt, resting on a knife handle before moving away. The others had words as well, but those would be delt with later. In a rare instance, Maria showed emotion, and it would not be pretty, internalized rage. "My incompetence? My social ineptitude? And just what do you know about me, dear Mentor? What do you know about me? No you should know everything. You are just being a petty piece of shit! But no, maybe everything isn't there. I've spent most of my life in a workshop, my parents were killed by your DWMA, deserved as it was, I had only one person to have company with, to have that so-called human connection. You say I have social ignorance, which is true, but how could I not? Maybe someone should keep you locked up for a few years in fear your madness will resonate that of others, or just because you are a rogue puppet made by a mad man... Lets see how you turn out.

Incompetence, however? It is just like before with the language studies. If I were incompetent as you claim, a great many people would have died on Dall Island... And speaking of Dall Island, speaking on me just not needing to speak..."
With a glare that could kill as her face snarled she spat out. "I speak as I am not a tool to be used! However, you crossed a line with me and with Rand, the true reason for his music, the disdain you hold for him and for me...

Rand is always demanding, irritable, irritating, but he has taught me much and at least I can hold a conversation with him, his family has given me much and I owe him a debt. Even if he made me build hot air balloons that were too ugly to be called my creations...

Rand is in a coma, have you even been to see him? Did you make anything for him? Have you spent any time by his bedside, like his family and students? How does it make you feel that when we found the bodies of your old comrades, provided someone like you can have comrades, he was hurt by it? How about I went through the efforts to lead an effort to Id them, that we uncovered a little of what happened there? Where in the hell were you? At least Rand has redeemable qualities. At least with him, I learned something, I can talk with him, and he's shown me things I was not aware of... Should you ever speak of him like that again, I will make you pay for it at any cost to myself... He is an actual mentor; you are a prison guard dog that was given a long leash...

And I've learned nothing?! I would love to just stay in my workshop! I would be content! But I'm at least trying to fix myself, even if a little! The problem is I see my issues, I know my faults, but you? You led us all to our deaths near about on a whim, where is your apology? Where were your attempts to identify everyone who died for nothing, so their families may know peace? Did it leave with your ex-girlfriend who got in your head so much you invented a new persona? One that I named might I add. Where is your Apology. If I'm smooth brained, then what the hell are you? Considering you don't even have one. Or maybe you do, maybe more than my smooth brain, marble man, but you have no heart. You are not beautiful at all."

After that rather lengthy rant, Maria's she turns to the rest. They all seemed to have the same point or same thing to say. "As you wish. I've said all that I need to, till I see no other option than to advise you on what is here, or I am asked for it I'll say nothing, better yet, I think I'll stay off to myself with my darlings when we come back to parlay with her, or in parlaying with the next one. I will pick up the pieces as I'm given. That is all I have to say, lead on." With that Maria stepped off, intent on ignoring anything Kisei had to say, she had gotten her own point across, or at least aired, her face took on its normal qualities and she kept a distance between herself and the rest, seemingly true to her word. The bridge may have only burned towards the direction of Kisei, but it was starting to look shaky in general with the rest.

Last edited:

Mv3Qgdc.png

KiseiHoshi

Deadsoul

Species Death Golem
Partner Eloise Keegan
Rank Two-Star

Location Moelwyn Bach Mountain Pass, Vale of Ffestiniog, Gwynedd, Wales
Mission A Reflection of Question
Status Irate

"Whine and cry... whine and cry... that's all I hear from all of you," Kisei responded, almost musically. In truth, there was a touch of mockery going on. Kisei had been pushed just far enough that his consideration of social convention and his role in the group had been dissolved. Now, they were going to see him unbridled.

Kisei didn't acknowledge Maria at first. No, he turned to his would-be partner. He gave her a wicked smile, then through his arms into the air before offering her a short, dry laugh. "Bitch, you don't dictate what position I'm in. Not in the field, not in the bedroom, not in this conversation," Kisei told her, his eyes half-glazed as he took an adamant 'fuck this' stance against just about everyone at the moment. Everything about him shifted from that serious mentor he was to the more petulant agent he used to be years ago in Paean.

"You are minimizing the impact of her actions and excusing the shit she did. You are fucking enabling her. That makes you part of the problem. What little slap on the wrist you gave her does nothing to enlighten her on the actual issue, or why it is an issue. That is a failure in communication. That is a failure of leadership," Kisei said, switching his previously petulant attitude for one so serious and structured it was almost a juxtaposition. For a brief moment, it was as if the man was two people bouncing between personalities.

It didn't last long.

"I don't care how upset you get this time. I'll sleep in the doghouse; you can't control me with tail," Kisei told her, just throwing those facts out into the air blunt.

Kisei then turned his attention to Zosar, but paused slightly. He had to mull over what he said. It was clear there was frustration in those glazed over eyes, but he couldn't bring himself to say anything as immediately as he did to Elly.

"You did fucking fine, I guess," Kisei commented, sincerely not having enough of an issue with Zosar to erupt on him. Though, he still wanted to. He wanted to if only because he wanted to erupt on everyone. He didn't bother with Wren yet, though. If Zosar hadn't fucked up enough to incur his wrath, Wren sure hadn't, either.

It was back to Maria.

"Lady, I don't give a fuck about over half the shit you just let leak from your mouth. You're comparing me to Rand like I give a damn. He's an entitled little fuck, and my blade has twice been pressed against his throat. If you think he's such hot shit, you should go suck hi—oh, you can't... he's in a coma..." Kisei said, doing exactly what Elly feared, just turning his words into weapons at this point. All he wanted to do was cut deep.

"If you fuckin' paid attention, you'd learn plenty of things you're completely unaware of right here and now. Instead, you're over there actin' like anything that isn't magical doesn't matter 'cause you'll blink and it'll be gone--like a goldfish," Kisei went on, not intent to let up on at least a few core points, "fun fact: I haven't aged since Kidd fixed me up, so that whole long, miserable life span of yours is probably gonna be shorter than mine."

"Unless you wanna step up and learn the same lesson Rand did back in the day," Kisei said, switching up to match the tone of her threat. As it turned out, this new angry Kisei was more talented at the art of the code switch than he ever let on prior. "I will fuckin' put you in your place and shred your death-damn grimoire to pieces," he threatened, with full intent to act on it.

502-Best-anime-boy-images-in-2019-Anime,-Anime-guys,-Hot-.jpg

Thaddeus Thales

"Gauss"

Species Human
Partner Noah Wiley, Arkayis Misonuka
Rank Fate Agent

Location The Great Tomb of Meskhenet, Egypt → Malta
Mission TBD
Status Focused

For all intense and purposes, their role in the mission was over. Meskhenet had agreed to meet their leaders with aims of a peaceful resolution. Seth was disgruntled and carried a strong sense of disbelief that the sphinx could ever be a peaceful creature, co-existing with other races. Chances were, most of the Anpu would see it the same. Despite his familial wealth, all of that discussion was well above his paygrade; and, Gauss was thankful for it. He had no desire to make the type of the decision the DWMA was about to.

Still, he couldn't help but feel there was something left to do. Unfinished business in the tomb, so to speak.

Gauss had relayed to the incoming agents of the African branch that the conflict had resolved and that there were two non-human individuals with them that would need a political touch. That was not what the initial reinforcements were sent to do, but it was something that ultimately could be arranged. It wasn't long before Meskhenet and Seth were taken out of the hands of Gauss and passed up the food chain until they had reached the very tip-top of the African Branch in Asad. Of course, they were kept separated to avoid any further conflicts, given the history.

This meant that there was a period of time when Gauss and the others were... neglected, for lack of a better term. Given a pat on the back and a touch of scrutiny for their methods, but ultimately a good job in their resolution of the situation. Minimal damage, the sphinx was subdued, the Anpu weren't in a total uproar, and the DWMA had possession of the relics. The situation might have been odd, but it was a success. Annika was being transported to better medical facilities, but that was likely their biggest fault. Given that there were a few more important tasks than micromanaging a few F.A.T.E. Agents that, quite frankly, Asad didn't even care to acknowledge as legitimate agents, they were in a limbo of orders until Cyrus or HQ got ahold of them.

Gauss used this time to backtrack into the temple. Not his wisest decision, but then again, he was coming off the back of other successful risks. Arkayis further amplifying Noah. Flirting with the Sphinx in an attempt to redirect her wrath. It had all worked. So, in his mind, what was one more risk? Besides, the pull felt to him almost magnetic. Not quite a voice whispering to him, but instead a force of combined curiosity and desire. An urge. An inkling. An indescribable yet undeniable sensation. Something no drug or woman before had ever elicited.

Of course he wouldn't deny it.

It all led back to the chamber where the group had first seen the sphinx in her massive glory. In all reality, Gauss didn't lay it on that thick. In retrospect, he was pretty reserved with his words. It probably wasn't their content that mattered as much as their intent. The sheer audacity of a being she considered lesser to make such a statement, especially after so much time in a new, foreign world, was probably entertaining enough that it sparked interest more than it did any type of reciprocation. That wasn't the train of thought Gauss had at the time, but hindsight was 20/20. He wouldn't acknowledge the fact that his reasoning changed in hindsight, either.

This wasn't about the sphinx anymore. It was about this odd feeling that only grew more intense as he reached the room. It wasn't long before he found the nexus of this pull. It was at one point near where the sphinx had a giant ball of fire or mana, or whatever she was doing. Gauss didn't have a memory so clear he could make out exactly where everything was during the fight. It was a high stress time, illuminated differently, and in general a pretty good distance away. At the time, he didn't even notice the odd, seemingly impossible black flames that shot out of the area, either. In fact, he wasn't sure if they were there the entire time, or a recent addition.

He couldn't make much out of it. It obviously wasn't magnetic, it was pretty damn difficult to see, there was no spiritual energy radiating off from it. All he felt was this mysterious pull to that exact flame. If he had brought Noah or Arkayis, perhaps they might have some objection. Or, perhaps they would help. It didn't matter in either case. Besides, sneaking back into the tomb would have been more difficult with the three of them than just himself. Letting Noah know where he was would be good enough.

The question became how to reach said flame. Meisters could do many things, but make their feet cling to vertical walls was not one of them. Well, most Meisters. Gauss did have an idea, but it would be time consuming and annoying. Alas, it seemed like the only way Gauss had to get there. Slowly but surely, Gauss polarized the walls, then his feet, and used the magnetic pull to scale them. In combat, this would never work, at least not at his current skill level. It took long to polarize an area such that it would be strong enough to hold his weight, not to mention it was Hell on his ankles. At times, this technique became more of a crawl on his hands and knees as he tried to shimmy upward with as much magnetic surface area as possible. In all reality, this act was more humiliating than he cared to admit.

Gauss did reach the peak and there the black flame. It was still an absolute mystery as to what to do now that he was here. From what he could see, it just looked like a small slit, no more than a millimeter or two, floating in air, spewing out black flames like the shitty exhaust of a centurion car. It made no sense. Of course, in a world of magic where he had just met a thirty foot tall sphinx, sense in the general sense was a fluid concept.

A fair amount time, or more aptly, an embarrassing amount of time passed while Gauss tried to decide what to do about the slit with the black flame. There still existed this urge to do more, but he could not piece together what it was. And, given the height he was now above the hard floor held up only by the persistent re-application of his own wavelength and the force of magnetism, he wasn't in the best spot to experiment. He had tried a few tests. Shooting ball bearings at the flames. Passing his combat blade through them. It was this second test actually that confirmed a new piece of information regarding the flame: it apparently was not hot. He could hold his knife to the flame and despite how effective of a conductor metal was, no heat traveled down it.

Between the boredom of passing time pointlessly, the urge he felt to just do something with this flame, and the fact the fire did no damage to this blade, Gauss decided to take the next perhaps illogical step: to reach out and touch it. His hand didn't even make it to the visual range of the flame before it jumped out at him and made contact. Once it did, it changed his entire world.

If there were an outside observer, not much would have seemed to occur. The flame did reach out to his hand like a solar flare extending far beyond the normal range of the sun, but little else. They could not see the new plane of existence that Gauss now did.

And, it was odd. He was no longer magnetized to the ceiling, attached to stone in an unnatural way using an otherwise natural force he bent to his will. No, no instead, he was back to the floor of this temple. It was dull. The world was grayscale with no color or vibrancy. Some might have called it a great tomb, but here, it just seemed miserable and muted. It was hard to see in this new world, dark and full of shadows, only familiar to him at all because of how he had recently traversed it twice. Still, the loss of color, the greater stillness in the air, and the enhanced darkness of the area shifted the tone of this tomb entirely. It had went from an archeological wonderland, in many places intact with various shades of brown and tan from the materials used to build it to nothing but a sea of blackness and grey, as if truly were a gateway to the underworld.

The mystery of the tomb did not last long. In new metallic torches attached to the walls, black flames sparked to life within what appeared like crude iron claws. It made no sense. How a flame of blackness could illuminate anything, or why iron would be on the walls of this ancient tomb of an era when bronze was the strongest material they knew. Such small details hardly mattered to this world. For, as the tomb came to life with the lights of the black flame, its interior proved to be wildly different than what Gauss knew from his previous two interactions in the tomb.

Of all the changes, the most important of them was both obvious and immediate. Where once the great sphinx Meskhenet stood was now a golden throne. Light from the black flames shone off the metallic structure, creating more and more streaks of nearly-blindly light until the entire room was wholly lit and the light itself equalized. Then and only then atop this golden throne was the first and thus only other creature Gauss had seen within this new world. Aside from the throne, it was also the only other source of color. The fact it had color, however, was a lot less interesting than the fact it quite literally was him.

"You took an absurd amount of time arriving," the figure told him, "though, I suppose I should forgive you given had to carry the weight of those worth-nots."

"It seems you took my face," Gauss replied, his eyebrows furrowed and his face quizzical as he peered upon his own face, sitting on a different body on a different man outfitted with golden rings that clattered and a thick chain of the precious metal that draped around his neck. Listlessly, he sat in his throne, one leg over the left arm, the other dangling in front of it, all while he rested against the right arm of the chair. Lazy is what it looked like. A slouch trying to find the most comfort he could out of his hard, metallic chair as all he could do was sit in it.

"Which, I'm a lot less keen on forgiving," he added, twisting the words used by his double.

"Oh come now, we both know we're so much more than a pretty face," it replied, a combination of minimizing the complaint of Gauss with a dash of arrogance bleeding through.

Gauss gave the figure a scrutinizing stare. "It's my face. I am much more than a pretty face—you're just a face-snatcher," Gauss retorted, somewhat aggressively as he didn't like this notion that the figure in front of him was actually him. It was far more likely that it was, as he said, some type of face-snatcher.

"Well I am you, so..." the double replied, imitating the exact tone Gauss would have used and in fact considered using when he brought up the stolen face.

"I have had a handful of impersonators in the past... I would love to say something like, 'hate to burst your bubble,' but I've actually come to love bursting bubbles," Gauss replied, trying to setup a witty response, but during the brief, theatrical pause he allowed, the double interjected.

"We do, don't we? Like how we'd also like to burst that Russian bubble - in more ways than one."

"That would not play out well. For various reas—"

"You'd do it. I know you would," he said, cutting in aggressively again, "because I would."

Gauss had to pause. He had never considered whether or not he actually would follow through, if Nadia gave him the chance. In his world, Nadia would never give him the time or day. Because of that, he never had to actually consider whether or not he would step up to plate or return to the batting cage. He couldn't deny, despite the difference in height and her cold demeanor, that she had an appeal to her. Obviously athletic, too. She wasn't exactly his type, but Gauss wasn't really restricted to a type.

None of that mattered, though. They both meant to be leaders. Their relationship wasn't necessarily the strongest to begin with. Neither probably consider the other a friend, no doubt. Worse was this exact type of thinking is what paved the path that got Gauss in this program to begin with. He worked hard to turn things around. To catch these devious thoughts. He never quite saw women as conquests, but he did see flesh as fun. Even entertaining this type of thought was a regression for him.

He ought to stop.

"There it is. That thought. Wondering about the impressions left by her stockings... or just how well-toned she is after all her alleged training..."

"...or perhaps just how close she is with that pink-ha—"

"—No. N-No. No. Absolutely not," Gauss said, immediately cutting in the moment the double started bringing up Dani. Gauss hadn't thought of her at all, in truth, since their very first meeting in Lot C. Even then, it was a fleeting thought. Nothing more. More so, Gauss knew full-well she was dating Adrian. Now, Gauss did not fear the kid, but he was well aware of his temper and that wavelength he sported. He doubted the blue-haired punk could get a stab in on him, but one bare-handed touch would make for a bad time. Beyond the more immediate repercussions, it made no sense to go out of his way to upset another agent.

His double fucked up thinking he could transfer the odd temptation of the forbidden fruit that was Nadia into the pointless exercise in dominance that would be Dani.

"In no universe am I going to pick a fight wi—"

"—As if he would ever know."

"You clearly aren't me. I am nowhere near this stupid. There is no universe where Dani and Nadia keep their shit together for a threesome and it doesn't somehow piss off Adrian," Gauss said flatly, cutting through the attempt at temptation that his double was laying down thick. Not only that, just the act of saying aloud the claim his double made acted to emphasize how ridiculous it was.

"It's not about intelligence... it's about desire. If we can pop a few bubbles that tickle our fancy, it shouldn't matter what feathers get ruffled by it," the double retorted, essentially arguing that Gauss was missing the point. The figure then straightened in its chair, heaving itself over to sit straight up.

"Besides, if we did entertain them with our dalliance, we would only truly be doing them a favor," he mused, resting his cheek on his hand after he decided to lean forward. "If they were to abscond with just any man, would it not hurt more than it being us? At least with us, they would have the mercy of knowing their faith faltered to our skill..." he explained, rationalizing how it seemed better to cheat with a cheater than truly just any man.

Gauss stiffened. Anger washed over him. Never before had he even considered such a thought. Never before did he try to justify his escapades, indulgences, or affairs. He didn't have to. He didn't think about them. At that time, he operated off of carnal desire. Hedonism. He didn't care about the repercussions or the damage he caused. He never had to tell himself he was truly doing someone a favor because he didn't even care if he hurt them. So... the implication of that thought only infuriated him.

This man was a charlatan.

"Heartbreak is no favor, you fuck," Gauss replied, deciding it was time to just outright insult this double.

"I have spent hundreds of hours writing letters n' messages, sitting at tables or listening on a phone, letting myself get screamed at - all because I hurt people."

"Yet we hand out heartbreak as if were candy on Halloween," he retorted, shouting back.

"We didn't just break the hearts of dumb sluts, either. We broke Thea. V. Our father. We broke apart our whole family," it added, going on to share some of the deepest insecurities Gauss possessed in a disgustingly smooth transition.

"I am you. Because I remember the first time Thea snuffed us in class. How she refused to talk to us in EAT. How it stung like fuck."

"I remember how V slowly stopped texting us over time. I remember the day it occurred to us he had to work more because he didn't get a stipend like us, even though we made the same decision."

"I remember how dad's third wedding turned into a giant fight with his wife crying because of Thea - all because we couldn't come together for just one fucking happy day."

Whatever scrutiny Gauss had before had been abolished by the rant his double released. It wasn't just how he knew so much. Death-damnit, he was right though. Every word his double said was something that ate Gauss up on the inside. He remembered so much more. He regretted what happened with Athena. One could argue what his actions were and weren't, but that argument would get one nowhere. The fact it could even be considered hurtful was something he regretted. And, it was something he tried to make sure he never did with Annika. It was something he made sure to keep in check. His therapist, sure, but Salem had done a lot in his efforts to protect Bella to make him see more than his more timid therapist ever could. A protective brother was a world different than a licensed care provider.

He regretted that everyone in the program had to see the outbreak from his sister during the tournament. His problems shouldn't be their problems.

He regretted plenty of things. Things he hadn't even revealed, like to Arkayis.

At his very core, though, Gauss at times regretted ever joining the DWMA. He wanted so badly to become a Meister. He wanted to use his powers. To make a difference. To be a hero. He wanted everything his older siblings did and he had no idea that it would tear apart their family. He had no idea how his decision would lead to the hate he received from Thea. Or the cold shoulder and neglect from V. He had no idea that all the support they coveted would turn into the enabling for his self-destructive habits.

He couldn't help but think that perhaps if he never joined the DWMA and he continued being sculpted into the perfect inheritor of Thaltek that the situation with his family would be better. Maybe his father would have never divorced his mother. Maybe the situation with V and Thea meant they could have spent holidays together. Maybe they could have had some type of outing or tradition. Maybe the rift between three different sets of siblings amongst three wives and damn near three decades wouldn't have felt like a sea separating the siblings so far that it was easier just to pretend they didn't exist.

These thoughts... they haunted him. They kept him awake late at night. Gauss could strike with Noah ten thousand times over with all his force trying to practice the perfect swing, but eventually, he would lose focus and these worries would intrude once again. Nothing really stopped it. No matter how high he got with Bella. No matter what romance he explored with another blond-haired distraction. No matter how hard he pushed himself. No matter how fast he ran, he couldn't escape it.

"You know," Gauss said, his voice dry, barren of emotion. Abysmal, almost. "You almost had me..." he admitted, though his tone didn't change.

"Thing is, I've spent my whole life having Thea shout that same shit at me. So, I know where each of those dark thoughts lead to..."

"See, V and Thea got caught off by dad way before I joined the DWMA. Really, my fuck up was not telling them that our dad would have let me slip them money," Gauss went on, gaining momentum with his voice perking up considerably as he did so.

"And, sure, if V had the money I should have gave him, he might have had some time to hang out with me."

"Hell, if I would have been on good terms with V, maybe we could have built a bridge to Thea."

"And, maybe, just maybe, had we three showed up at his third wedding and behaved, we could have worked things out with him. Maybe, even, he'd be proud of what we do at the DWMA."

Gauss stared at his double. Said double went from a docile, almost complacent face, after his rant, thinking he had destroyed what defenses Gauss had... to one of anger, impatience, and anxiety. His fingers clutched the arms of the chair he sat in and he leaned forward, glaring daggers at Gauss, damning how he pulled himself that hole.

"You see, I know you aren't me. All the mistakes I hate myself for run far deeper than cliff notes you listed," Gauss told him, smirking at the end of it. Chuckling, even. It may have seemed out of place, but it wasn't to Gauss. No, the fact that this being claiming to be him thought so little of the struggles Gauss had and how superficial they were.. it was laughable. In fact, all there was left do was laugh.

The double erupted from his chair. Flames erupted from him. Black flames. They consumed his clothing, his gold, his skin, covering his form over in black, until all that was left was a ebony carapace from which two massive arms extended, hovering over the form it took. The creature itself let out a horrendous roar, shaking the very temple the two were in, causing dirt, rocks, and dust to drop from the top. Gauss saw this and instinctively took a stance, his right foot forward, his arm arm in front of him with his hips turned, a standard karate staple. Still, the creature did not immediately attack, and Gauss could only smirk.

"One last feint, huh?" Gauss commented, retaining his smirk as he did. While the creature did look large and intimidating, it hadn't yet launched an attack. That either meant it was waiting for something or it just wasn't going to. Gauss rationalized that it wouldn't, and he had a reason for that. A stupid reason, but a reason nonetheless.

"Women, my sister, angry boyfriends... they have all shouted at me plenty, but I've never struck them once," Gauss said, "so if you're imitating me, why would you?"

That was it. The truth. Gauss was known for many things, but not fighting or lashing out physically. That last deafening roar was the only strategy it had. It was as Gauss called it, a feint. An empty threat. A weapon of words, essentially, that was entirely ineffectual on a man that weaponized them so frequently.

With the failure of the doppelganger, Gauss was able to claim the victory. The entire world began to go up in ashes. Gauss couldn't see it at first, bound to this temple, but soon enough, the world faded away to a white nothingness. The interior broke apart, as if being swept up by a cosmic broom. Dancing black flames died in the darkness before even that fell away to the stark white. The doppelganger simply sat back down in the throne, waiting too for its fate. Once the world crumbled around it, the black flame inside its core shot out to envelop Gauss. With it, he felt no pain. Just an innervating excitement of his nerves as a new energy coursed through them. It made little sense, really, but there was little time to think about it as the world came crumbling in. For a moment, all that existed was an infinite white plane.

Then even that faded as the white light completely vanished and Gauss returned to the real world, still attached to the ceiling. Though, due to the events that had just transpired, Gauss had lost focus on his wavelength and subsequently, the only thing holding him up. The black flame and small crevice that floated in the air was gone, but he didn't really have time to notice it. Gauss was plummeting to that hard, stone floor. Even he would likely break a few bones in impact. He tried to reinforce his body with wavelength, but it was all for naught. He was saved by the extension of two massive arms comprised primarily of orange and red flame erupted from his back. In that motion, they planted themselves on the ground well over ten foot before Gauss made impact, and slowed his descent until he reached the ground on his feet.

Looking to his left and right at his newfound, flaming appendages, Gauss could only announce his true thoughts, "well, that's fucking new."

Gauss rolled a peanut between his teeth as he watched the video provided by the Malta police. He had been eating them since they were provided by the flight beforehand, but they were candy coated. He took his time with each one, slowly wrapping his tongue around it or rolling it over his teeth to enjoy the flavor. This little tin somehow managed to incorporate the flavors of multiple berries into it. He found the specifically liked the tart of the raspberry ones, but presently he had a more mellow blueberry, which was fine. Just not his preference.

"These two look weird," Gauss commented once he saw the still frame. Nothing impressive, but there was definitely something off about the two. Shouting weird shit about villainy, operating in cloaks as if that was discrete, wearing weird headgear. It was all just really weird. He couldn't really think of another word for it.

"They're high two-star? Eh," he went on, "Feng could probably solo them, but we'll take'm out together to minimize collateral damage." Gauss had a lot of faith in Feng, despite not a really strong reason for it. More so, he had a lot of faith in Wes. He vastly underestimated how useful the Gong was from their time in Hawaii. Wes just managed to make everything better, assuming you could get him to try. And, now that he was with Feng indefinitely given that Annika was on some type of medical sabbatical, he was probably in the most useful situation feasible; in the hands of a Utility Meister.

If Wes was made of steel instead of bronze, Gauss might have tried to snipe him from Feng. He recalled the days of effectively flying on Prudence. Unfortunately, Wes wasn't a naturally magnetic material, meaning he would need to constantly be polarized, which in term would make it all a massive use of his energy. Combining flight with either fire or lightning would in turn drain Gauss like a battery. Which in turn would only lower his stamina more given his new arms did the same. It wasn't a realistic option, though Gauss did truly wish it was.

In any case, Gauss had been consistently generous with Feng.

"Just point us in the right direction," Gauss said, being quite confident in the abilities of the team. It was doubtful they would resolve this issue quite the same way as last time, but not all situations could be resolved with his charisma. Sometimes it was stick, sometimes it was the carrot.

Last edited:

Wren
Vale of Ffestiniog; Gwynned, Wales

She had her head dipped, mulling over what Carys had told them about the mirror, partly to get her mind off the annoyance crawling up her throat at how monumentally they’d fucked this interaction, busy herself. That moment of pause, of course, lasted little. Kisei’s remark earned him a raised brow from Wren, an odd, tight smile, the type that was more annoyance than smile.

That tense smile stayed on her face, and she froze, balling and loosening fists at her side as she watched the back-and-forth grow with spite and shouts, to the dismay of her sensitive ears. They were really putting up a show, huh? — ‘Read the room. I’m not so sure about getting that mirror back…’ She bumped a shoulder against Zosar’s chest, eyes darting between the witch and the death golem — ‘It’s getting heated.’

She could feel that they would move from plain, cut-throat words to the physical, it was a matter of who blew their fuse first. Wren saw it in their eyes, in the play of muscle as Maria’s hand drifted idly to that knife, hear it in the pitch of their voice— in those death awful spikes in their souls.

They both had an overbearing, ugly scent now that they were wrung with emotion, like an abandoned candy store, with the buzzing of flies throwing themselves over and over again at the glass pane to try and get a lick of the sweets. It was downright disgusting to feel hungry over it, but she’d be lying if she said she wasn’t.

It reminded her of something that jester said, about the ugliness of people, leaking out of them like sweet nectar. That she would understand it, once she caught the smell of it, when she had its taste on her tongue. People were unsightly deep inside. Even Kisei. Even Maria.

Though, he’d lied to her, that annoying little jester. It wasn’t amusing to see it, not one bit.

Kisei’s soul flared in a way she hadn’t felt before, the scent of it hit her on the nostrils, Zosar was tensing up to move between them. As the tension rose, as the air fell silent, a sound broke through…

It was the plastic of a bag of chips crumpling in Wren’s hand. She took the loudest bite she could muster, equal parts to get their attention and to cool down by stress eating — “You started going off at her like a middle schooler trying to get the last word in no matter what. Very mature there, making it personal, Kisei.” — She started, wiping crumbs off her mouth before she grinned. Her eyes weren’t smiling with her.

“Mma, vaffanculo, Wren— I’m not the one to be the bigger person here, am I?” — Her eyes drifted to Maria, narrowing on her with nothing short of disgust — “You’ve both been pushing off each other over fuck all since we got here, one more than the other. First at the church, and now you’re here ready to go at each other’s throat. It’s really starting to tick me off now, y’know?”

Wren made the bag into a ball, throwing it over her shoulder with a sigh. There was a slight moment of pause, just gauging at their expressions, thinking of how to string her words the right way. Calm them down, be the voice of reason. But she honestly couldn’t care to accommodate to the two now, neither take a side. She just wanted the both of them to have at it, at this point.

“I don’t want to be here listening to all this shit, neither does anyone here. So why don’t we just shut the fuck up and go get that mirror so you can see how much of a special boy you are, hm?” — She leaned in, hands on her pockets as she spoke to Kisei with an annoyingly chirpy voice — “Wouldn’t that be nice, Mr. Death Scythe? Maybe after that we can go home and get some rest from all that bullshit your ex-girl put us through.”

“We can be grown ass adults and carry on with the mission like we’re supposed to. But since you two fucking toddlers wanna kill each other so bad...go ahead then.”
— Wren sucked in her teeth, clicking her tongue. She shrinked a head shorter, throwing herself into Zosar’s grasp as light began to envelop her. The chainsaw roared alive the moment it landed in his hands.

She didn’t even bother to open her eyes and see where she was right now, already feeling her hands splayed across the dining table. Wren sighed, forcing herself to believe that she was in their shared soul space — ‘Break them off if you have to, I’m with you.’

Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul The Regal Rper The Regal Rper RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen

Last edited:

Twilight had passed and the sky was darkening. The crazed, crooked smile of the moon shined bright despite having just barely began its nightly duty of painting the sky from East to West. Not that it would matter long. Just as the sky had before inverted in colors, it did once more. However, this perversion of the natural order appeared intrinsically different than it did before as the sky itself was blackened to begin with and now brightened intensely while similarly the moon was nowhere near as bright as the sun nor did it paint it colors, leaving only a dark impression in the sky instead of the black hole the sun created, though now the sky itself was littered with countless black dots mirroring the inverted starts.

A wild and wicked cackling filed the air. Evil, almost. Ominous. The type of wild cackling that even a crazed Maria would consider unhinged. Silence rushed through the trees like a mist rolling in, the air did not cool as it did before, instead growing oddly warmer than it was the last time this occurred and even more odd warmer than it was before the spell had cast. The only sound that perpetuated in this void was the echoing cackle that became infinitely more obnoxious as it created a natural reverb from all directions, impossibly amplifying itself.

But, it did die out. Only when Carys returned, though not this time through the sky. No, she arrived on foot, with a thick mist following her down one of the two roads that had been split in twain, just as the Pooka had instructed them to visit. She chose the path up the mountain, at least this time.

Unlike her stoic face before, she now had a mischievous grin. It was if she was but a doll before but now alive. A new energy flowed through her as she waltzed forward, her dark gown flowing along her slender form as if water rolling off the body. Or, a statue carved by the hand a master; a texture surface on an impossible surface only made by the incredible skill of its creator.

"Children, children, you asked what the mirror can do... so I showed you," Carys told them, her voice high and soft, almost song-like. If anything, she sounded more like a nun overseeing orphans, doing her best to teach them a valuable lesson.

"You thought me gone, but all I did was close the window to my home... through the glass pane, though, a mirror can still shine," she told them, grinning wide. Ear to ear as is a raw form of malevolence. She swirled her hand out in front of her, causing the mist to dance along side her and reveal the form of a large, silver bowl. It was almost flat, just barely concave, but that slight dip allowed the still water in to reflect like a mirror. And, the reflection was beyond clear. Oddly, despite the fact a mirror reflected light, the reflection in this water appeared clearer, as if increasing the video quality from 240p all the way up to 4K HD. Did it make sense? No, but at this point, what did?

Carys continued her waltz through the group. At this point, as the mist surrounded them, bodies grew heavy. Magic as they knew it was entirely off the table; it seemed within this realm, there was no mana for Maria to draw from. It didn't matter a terrible amount, though, for if even Kisei wished to move in, doing so would have felt like ten thousand pounds of pressure pushed him back in trying. She swiftly, as if dancing, moved through the group, letting her soft hand drag along the face of Zosar first.

"You did try, as the abomination said... a quaint effort, dear," she told him, acknowledging how he was the only one to actually speak to her with the reverence she deemed suitable. "Perhaps with a century of practice, I would have humored it," she added, only making it more clear that the Meister was nowhere near as smooth as he tried to be. Appreciated, but not impressed. Though, almost-electric feeling of her fingertips across his bare skin was nearly enough to make a hundred years of practice seem worth it.

Fae magic was a helluva drug.

She turned back to the mirror and sighed, walking over to it to gently tap her delicate fingertip into the water. As she did, it rippled, and the sensation each one of the agents would feel following that moment was if several buckles were removed from their chest, allowing them to breath more fully, think more clearly, and realize just how harsh and severe each of them were being, with the exception of Zosar.

"The mirror casts away all shadows... under its influence, none of you could hide your true nature or thoughts... your feelings were laid bare in mere moments," she said aloud, softly, whimsically.

"Of course, not just any could bring out this latent gift, but it is so insightful, is it not?" she asked, rhetorically. She then hopped over to Maria, almost cutesy as she decided to interact with her this time.

"The abomination thinks you a fool, and it is true, you are. Speak as you do now and you will burn bridges your whole life if not end it all together. You also have unresolved affections for this other mentor of yours—how risqué," Caryus told her, shaking her head back and forth as if scolding her gently. Yes... yes. Scolding her gently. "You wounded me, calling me a crone. I am Carys the Unmarred, if I wanted this Rand of yours, he would be in my chambers," she said, taunting the little blonde.

Not like Maria could respond just yet. The power of a Gwyll in their mist in the night in their home was beyond that of which this group could handle. Had they tried to come take this mirror with force, they may genuinely have found themselves corpses. Worse, their souls would be tethered to the land only to be hunted by the Hellhounds of the Night Mallt. A devilish irony.

Carys turned and twisted, contorting over to Kisei. "My, my, abomination, you were so quiet the first time, I was genuinely surprised at your reaction.. but you are a bit of a monster, no? You hide so much," she claimed, being a little more directly insulting with Kisei in comparison to the others.

"Is that you are a man? You do not tell your partner of how your heart still aches? You do not tell her that while she defends this witch for her disrespect, you are wounded that she does not see you are still in pain? I have met many men that hide their hearts as you do," she said, ripping out the actual truth of how Kisei was feeling during the interaction. Other than his rage at Maria.

She then waltzed to Elly, tilting her head over. This one was a harder one. "You are a perplexing one. You wield a double-edge sword. To help one, you harm another. You speak as if your partner should be considerate of others and their nature, but you are not of his," she said, squinting those dark eyes of her to further evaluate the Meister.

"Mmm, I do think that is it. The mirror helps me see. It is why I value it. It casts away the shadows in your mind," she explained, then paused for a brief hum. Mmm.

"In your heart, there is still anger. It blinds you to his heartache. You could see the upset in the Witch but not him, making it easier to blame him..." she went on, evaluating the vibrations she picked up from the Meister she was so close to.

She did not near Wren. A quick glance, but that was all. The werewolf made her uneasy. All canines made her uneasy. It was in fact the only reason she would ever offer this mirror in trade to begin with. Still, she felt a tinge of obligation to explain something to the girl.

She sighed, struggling.

"You... y-you... you do yourself no favors by not picking a side," the Gwyll told her, truly struggling here. Struggling in a way that wouldn't make sense to any but Fae, but to her, Wren was not unlike kryptonite. Perhaps not as powerful as pure iron, but Wren if anyone could have likely broke free of this magic if she tried or transformed. Such was the nature of Carys.

"No war was won by a fence-sitter. You do not end the conflict faster, you only made yourself a target... in that way, you were no better than them," Carys explained, truly straining her small frame to spit out those words directly to Wren.

She then turned, inhaled deeply, and composed herself.

Fucking dogs.

"Such is forgivable, though... all of you acted without restraint, without shadows, speaking only your truth. But, the world is not meant for every truth to see the light of day," she told them, returning back to her spot on the path, not without teasing the hair of Zosar first. Once she stood in her favored spot, she waved her hands back, with it calling the mist and thus the weight holding the group in place.

"Now you understand the value of darkness, and what your allies actually think, you can decide more clearly on what you wish to do," Carys told them, though more a suggestion. Of course, she hadn't clarified any of the actual difficulty of her request, but she had taught them a very valuable and - more so - a very entertaining lesson.

Last edited:

Elly was, for the most part, unreadable. Her expression dropped from her irritated smile to a poker face. It was devoid of emotion, except perhaps the eyes the followed the Fae as she strolled about them. Her eyes, normally soft and bright, now empty and sharp like daggers. On top of everything else, the last thing Elly was interested in was being toyed with by a Fae, more specifically, her emotions and mind manipulated, and subsequently lectured by said wretch.

Elly didn't operate like most others. She did not engage in meaningless argument. If she bothered to state an outright opinion or suggestion, it was because she wanted something, and everything she said was usually tailored to convince the recipient to do what she wanted of them. Unlike her partner, who when irked went for the throat with his verbiage, swapping intent from persuasion to malice, Elly could hold her tongue indefinitely. She could work with someone she hated if it benefited her and pretend that she was enjoying herself.

The fact Kisei was hurt was unsurprising. It wasn't just unsurprising, it was expected. It would be stranger if he wasn't. Elly wasn't blind to that. He was a Hoshi, but she had Super Soul Perception and was familiar with his soul as well. That didn't change the fact that this wasn't a football game with favorite teams.

His criticism was valid, at first. Maria turned snippy, which wasn't surprising. She needed to have things explained to her in a certain way. Kisei then, as was typical she noted when he grew aggravated, turned to personal insults, which as Elly expected, closed her off to criticism. There was no defense. Elly wasn't coddling the sorceress. They were going to face a Fae known for her intolerance and hunting prowess. They needed Maria to learn, or at the very least, follow orders, which was less likely when she was pushed to rage or insulted.

As for his heartache, the two didn't have time to discuss the last day's events due to needing to familiarize themselves with his new forms in the short time they had. Regardless, now was not the time nor place to dwell on that, either his heartache nor her anxiety and fear. Beyond that, a smaller, less rational part of Elly, but one that nonetheless was present, reasoned that if he didn't care to check on her or acknowledge how much she tried to keep him from offing himself, then she hardly needed to console him.

Then there was the hag, waltzing about them with a smirk, lording over them how she had somehow helped them. A small part of Elly considered how troublesome it would be to let go of the carrot and pick up the stick. The mirror was the DWMA's, even if she came upon it legitimately herself. The fact it was stolen remained. They parleyed with her in an attempt to make her right with the understanding she did no wrong. That was a courtesy, one that many others in the DWMA would likely not extend. A meister with Super Soul Perception wielding a Hoshi Death Scythe, a meister with a Volatile Soul wielding a mad Werewolf and a sorceress raised by the witch of the Black Workshop. They were not weak or fodder. Certainly, compared to the red-head, Elly was far less intimidated as to what this Fae could do.

However, as Elly was prone to do, she opted for the path of less risk, no matter how much she internally wished to show just how Irish she was to the crone.

"...Come. We're leaving," Elly said dryly, giving very little in the way of room for discussion. Though, as she took some steps forward, she paused. "Or, if you want to fuck what I say, then you can retire to the headquarters. I don't really care at this point. I would prefer that to having to write a report as to why you bludgeoned each other in the mountains," She remarked to no one in particular with an exasperated huff before she continued. Either way, she was not going to entertain any deliberations, planning, or the like in front of Carys.

RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Haze- Haze- The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

Zosar | Gweynedd, Wales

Thanks’, was the time saving reply to Wren's assurance of her support. Genuine as it was his firmness to end this nonsense.

He had been just about to release his hold before she moved; just about to stall with something to get attention while trying to deescalate. Catching Wren as she turned into her other form made the statistics turn slightly better in his favor.

They synchronized, and immediately he knew that all his previous thoughts had been confirmed true.

The Resonance did feel off, it had become weaker but it registered in the back of his mind, filed for later than the forefront of the situation. For Wren, the experience was undeniably clear, only rejected by her own mind if she chose to intentionally ignore the shift in strength they had compared to when they had first touched hands. He sent her a signal warning to get ready, and even that felt oddly low somehow in her mind despite it still registering.

It was not bad but it hinted that their views on each other or the relationship had changed somewhere somehow and not for the better. The change in sturdiness meant that what she took would also feel different . The Tuning Wavelength regulated all Wavelengths, Unique or otherwise with a stability that matches itself. Wren took away the mind numbing, physically overwhelming sensation of his soul and that gift hadn't changed no matter how weak their resonance got. What has changed however was dealing with the amount now when they were slightly off center. Before when he sent his wavelength it was like a second wind, now it felt much the same but the oomph felt subtly stronger, where it was a barely registered rush, it hit with a bit more acknowledgement. Maybe given her Madness in its present state it would hit with a touch more potency that might stir those hidden instincts in her werewolf nature and add to the flames or maybe the rush of energy would hit with some slight slowness unlike the way it coursed through their link before. Ultimately what Zosar threw at her hit, and as he was throwing a lot, it hit with the same intensity it always hit with when he threw the max of what she could handle at full force out a atta second of warning.

He released that limit in a focused way, like opening a faucet on full blast and letting the flow do the rest he threw as much of his wavelength at Wren she could handle, just short of all of it, in a continuous flow as they touched and the light of her transformation broke to reveal her Weapon form in his hand. The rush went surging right through the bridge like a cresting wave rushing forward to the doors and slamming with a barely audible rumble that sent a thump into her vast dining room and the relay back to him fueled him with the speed he believed might just be enough--

--till situational awareness made him notice the sudden, rapid shift in the sky and all around them. That laugh, mocking amusement- and he knew instantly before she had even appeared, the moment he had registered her sound, that Carys had merely played them into this.

A price, they paid, for Maria's unearned insult.

To say he wasn't quite annoyed by all of this would be an understatement. He could see Elly’s mounting frustration through the shifting of her soul even without needing to clearly see it. He had sensed Maria’s mixture of fury and resolution earlier and it's focus on the Death Scythe coupled by his own disdain for the situation.

It was twisted in a way how he could appreciate the beauty before him yet find the source so undeniably irritating. In some ways it was like his time learning that Monogamy just hadn't been meant for him. Just as much as Becky herself and he were an odd match for each other that had clicked anyway. The touch, moreso her words, made the acknowledgement that perhaps he had grown a touch fond of this Fae, not in any serious way, but it was the acknowledgement he actually liked Carys that also made the appreciation he felt for her very image more something he allowed himself to acknowledge than he did the passing thought that went through his head like Royal Pain had inspired.

That intrigue was a fleeting one however. Wren wouldn't hear it, as the Link now filtered what they didn't want to make it, even the unconscious thought born by subconscious wouldn't allow for anything to be heard on the other side of the bridge. All she would get is what he wanted her to know and vice versa given the present state of their Resonance. He wouldn't be forgetting the uniqueness of what meeting Lady Carys alone had brought some insight in for him, but the touch, as lovely as her passing tease was, did not cloud the mind, and that was the most important thing Wren would notice. She felt his determination to act earlier the second they had touched and he threw wavelength at her, wavelength that coursed through his body presently, even when frozen, now even with the faint amusement, the root seriousness he took with their present situation did not fade.

Carys the Majestic bounced from Maria to Kisei to Elly critiquing each of them, doing just as he expected, she in her own way was getting payback for the commentary, and at the same time scolding each person.

Yet at Wren…she faltered and he had to wonder why her specifically. Was it the werewolf heritage or something else?

Asking her would be idiotic. Staying in her good grace was key to the success. As far as he was concerned after all this, everyone in the team except himself had earned a negative in way of view points. Carys had gotten her payback and shown at the same time that there were things everyone here needed to work on.

They had all been genuine which meant nothing tension wise would change unless the others chose to place some blame on Carys herself, and he was certain Elly had enough self preservation not to do that and Kisei plus Maria, enough sense.

No doubt Maria would pull an ‘I told you so’, if not now then after this which either got ignored or answered.

He could feel Wren keenly in their resonance so anything she allowed him to feel he would notice in turn as the spell that kept them frozen came undone.

Even after Elly spoke for them to take their departure, Zosar did not follow immediately. He waited partially to see what Kisei or Maria might do being both toyed and critiqued this way. Specifically so if it was required he could use the wavelength he was feeding to Wren in full to swat both of them before they could land a hit in.

As tired of all this Elly was, he wasn't going to give anyone opportunities to screw them over again.

He followed up with: “I do believe this insight of the mirror will be useful and we'll be more careful” the emphasis is slight but there, “in speaking to Matilda from the earlier warning you gave us in return, you have my thanks my queen for that warning. We'll be back shortly with your request in turn. If you'll excuse us…” once again, covering for Elly’s in a way for the tone she replied with and the obvious sign she wished to have them be let free to move on.

Attitude as much as words, could be just as offensive as anything else. To avoid that backfiring in the case Elly or anyone else for that matter offered a tone Carys might have been miffed by, he shifted the attention back to himself.

It hadn't been intentional either he called her a queen but he played it off without a care. For when she had been walking the moment she returned she had carried a majestic air.

Mentions: RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen

Interactions: Haze- Haze- Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul

1708269567565.png

In that instant where Kisei had the nerve to speak to her as she did, full of malicious intent, threatening her directly, insulting her, calling out all she said with not a hint of listening to it, plus how he was with the others. As hatred took ahold of her heart, she in that very instant was tempted to see if he could die a fourth time, coming to her senses in quick order, he hand hovered just above her book, her human sized doll knight moved to get between herself and Kisei, and soon after between herself and Zosar.

As the world suddenly shifted, Maria was still angry, more so as it had been yet another Fae trick, one that preyed upon her own feelings. Going over the faults of all of them, minus Zosar, what would his have been she wondered, she had warned them of the trickery and power of the Fae, but she in the moment had lost her own awareness of such. Listening to what she said about each of them, she frankly didn't give a shit by this point, Kisei was in pain. Oh dear, poor him. All the more reason for him to attack herself and Elly in his rage. His new name like everything else was fake, she was no longer so sure on freeing the puppets that man had enslaved, perhaps it would be better to find a way to destroy what should not be. A shift in teams would be requested by her, more likely than not upon their return, if they returned. That much she had decided, short of the unseen future changing it.

Ones she was not fully sure of, but spoke out in either regard. "Take him if you think you can. Do not mistake my respect and compassion for him as something more. I wouldn't even understand how to go about that. Good Day Carys." With that, Maria stared daggers at Kisei, trick or not, what was shown was true to them all, it may have not "actually" happened, but it had happened all the same and showed the true colors of the death scythe. Turning her attention to the path ahead, Maria kept some distance from the whole team, content to be off on her own, with a scoff she thought back to how the Fae had lost her nerve around Wren, that information could be shared later, provided she sees a need to do so. Those conversations had happened, and her good faith on teaching the group what little she knew about the Fae was out of the window as she walked off.

She had told them so, the Fae had used her magic, trickery and the mirror to do this damage, the Fae were truly troublesome. And for now, she just didn't want to deal with them at all, knowing they would blame her for it because of her words.

Murasakibara.Atsushi.600.1167435.jpg

Wes Kraven
Malta, Egypt - September 21/22nd

Mentions: Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul (Gauss), Merciless Medic Merciless Medic (Noah), The Regal Rper The Regal Rper (Ark) Peckinou Peckinou (Arkayis), RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun (Feng), EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen (Aki)
“Eh, do we really have to?” Wes groaned out, throwing his head back with all the maturity of a child who was told to do their chores. If it was a request from the inspector through the program, he really couldn’t say no, even if all he wanted to do was get some sleep. Physically and mentally, he felt exhausted, a combination of the constant travel and previous mission that made him want to call it a day. Hell, maybe even call it a week if he could get away with it. All he wanted to do was get back to his apartment, throw on his headphones, and take a nice long nap.

Chasing after a pair of criminals, criminals that were apparently around the upper end or so of a two-star pair, didn’t sound remotely interesting. He didn’t share Gauss’s assessment of the duo, although to be fair he didn’t have the same information about Feng that his leader did. Her, and Aki, seemed a lot more used to fighting against humans than Wes was. He honestly wasn’t sure what to make of that, but he shooed the thought away before he could dwell on it any further.

Sighing, he reached into his sweatshirt pocket and pulled out a meal bar, the bar warping slightly under his grip as he tore open the packaging. The chocolate coating had long since melted to the inside of the wrapper, leaving behind a filling, but rather bland mix of grain and fiber. Grumbling, he took a bite and thoroughly chewed the meal bar, briefly considering licking the chocolate off of the wrapper to try and get some semblance of taste in his mouth, but deciding against it.

“What about that sphinx lady from before? Can’t we ask her to take care of this?” Wes posed the question to everyone, before taking another bite of his meal bar. “Phrase it as letting her blow off some steam.” Offload the problem onto her, let the group, and more importantly himself, get onto the next flight back to Death City, preferably first class. His first class experience during the Hawaii trip had left a longing for the more luxurious travel option, mostly the extra leg-room and extra comfortable seats.

“Just…. Can it be someone else’s problem?”

Noah WileySmug Noah.png
Date: September 22, 2067
Interactions: Gauss, Arkayis, Wes, Aki, Feng, Ark
Mentions: Annika
Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul , Peckinou Peckinou , Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin , RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

No way…

It fucking worked…

Noah was still reeling from what they accomplished those couple days ago. They actually got that sphinx to join them… Jeez, now he had far more respect for Gauss. That was amazing. Truly, even though Noah really wanted to tease him about how he must have not recovered from having a thing for Sara and maybe he did say something about that at some point. He didn’t remember. Yet, Noah thought he was bad. Though, he was sure that Gauss manipulated the situation so they didn’t have to fight an ignorant mythical beast, no matter how haughty she seemed, and he was sure that Gauss didn’t have an attraction towards that thing.

Still, it was funny to tease him about it.

That also reminded him that Gauss told him he left somewhere. He wondered what happened...

Now though? They were on a passenger jet making their way to Malta, wherever that was. Noah wasn’t paying attention. He listened to the brief debrief and raised an eyebrow. He had to keep himself from laughing, but he couldn’t help it. He pinched the bridge of his nose and rested his head on a propped up hand. Gauss’s succinct comment on what they looked like made Noah snort, and Wes’s question and comments had him chuckling. Finally, the absurdity of how bad their targets looked had him laughing.

He rubbed his eye as he calmed down, clearing his throat a little. “‘M s-sorry, but… They look like yer average shitty villain of th’day from some shitty shounen anime. Villainy be here… Noah wheezed before finally regaining his composure. "I don’t think the sphinx’s gonna have minimal collateral damage in mind, I don’t trust just throwin’ some haughty cat-centaur thing after ‘em. They do look really bad though, but there’s likely a reason they’re high two-star ‘n’ ‘re labeled as extremely dangerous, no matter if they look like some villain of th’day rejects. As much as it feels weird to get involved, we should at least make sure they don’t try ‘n’ hurt anyone else, since they’re an international serial killer duo.” And just like that, the amusing look on his face went right back to a serious yet tired look.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back