• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Something Sweet, Something Bitter (Rp Thread- Open)

She doesn’t really need to look at the menus anymore. “A black coffee should be fine. And if it’s not too much of a hassle.. a cheesecake slice?..” As she sits down she touches her septum with a pointer finger. A habit she has when she’s anxious. "I know what you said, but there has to be some way I can repay you."
Tamriel Tamriel

"Of course, hun, it's no hassle at all." Sophia said as she turned to leave, but quickly stopped when the girl started talking again. "Hey, you don't need to pay me back at all, i was just helping a pretty girl out." She saw that the girl still wanted to repay her in some way so Sophia sighed. "Alright, if you insist." She said before she crossed her arms and started tapping her foot. Clearly, she was thinking.

"Well, i can't think of anything at the moment, buuuut...can i have your phone number so that we can keep in touch? That way, i can easily call you if i think of something." Sophia said as she looked at the girl. Hoping to get a yes, but was fine either way.
Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed

She quietly huffed out a sigh of relief. She hated owing people, even if its just a penny. She dismissed what Sophia said about her being pretty by just not acknowledging it. Jayme snaps out of her thoughts when she realizes she's just been staring at her. "Oh.. Right" she hastily takes out her phone, fumbling around to unlock it. She hands Sophia her phone, an embarrassed grin on her face.

Brooke pushed back her chair once she heard Tyler's voice shout out her order. He had a surprisinly voice for someone she thought would have a much more gravel and heavy voice. She made her way to the counter and looked at Tyler before picking up her mocha. She tried to maintain eye contact with him as he walked away. She then closed her eyes as she took a sip. Her jaw unclenchs and her eyes become almost docile and kind. No one likes her before her coffee ;people still don't like her but she hides her nasty traits much more easily. Before he left the counter, she made a comment in a monotone voice ''Not bad.'' which was her way of saying '' love it.'

Turning her around, holding a mocha in her hands she sees someone familiar walk in asking if they were late. A few more paces later she overheard her saying 'Hi, I'm Abigail.'' She then gasped in her head, that could almost be heard on the outside. She just had to come back tomorrow now. 'What's a girl like her working here? Shouldn't she be somewhere more prestige? How does a girl like her work in a this?'' she thought to herself. She took a sip every once in a while as she was pretending to look on her phone.

Sophia grabbed the girl's phone before quickly pulling out her own. She glanced over at Jayme as she put the girl's number in her phone. "You know, if I'm getting on your nerves or making you uncomfortable, just say something and I'll leave you alone." She said as she put her own number into Jaymes phone before handing it back to her. "It's really no big deal, I'm quite used to it honestly."

She slightly tilts her head. "No no. Its nothing like that. Im just.. Not used to someone like you." She shrugs. Her brows furrow. "If you're used to something like that, its.. Quite concerning." She takes her phone back and sets it face down on the table.

Sophia sighed. "Yeah, it is quite concerning, isn't it? But hey, what can i do, I'm just not the type of person people like. I mean, even my mom doesn't like me." She muttered the last part as she looked down. She started to fiddle with her notebook as she appeared to get lost in her thoughts. After a few seconds, she cleared her throat before smiling. "Oh well, i won't bore you with any of my stories. I'll be right back, I'm just gonna go order our stuff." Sophia started walking away and looked back for a split second to give Jayme a wink.

Last edited:
Jay rolled out of bed, quite literally. Groaning as he did so, he sat up and stretched out one of his arms. It had a tingling sensation to it, he assumed he must've slept on it, and he let out an annoyed huff. Feeling around the nearly pitch black room, he rested his hand on his phone and lightly tapped the screen. The contrast in the brightness of his phone screen compared to the dark setting caused his un-adjusted eyes to burn slightly as he squinted at his lock screen. He quickly bolted up after realizing it was nearly opening time. Drawing back the black out curtains in his room, allowing light to flood in, he rushed through his morning routine.

Jay slipped on whatever was laying around, most of his clothes were very simple, so he never really had to worry about mismatched outfits. Nearly slipping on his way to the bathroom, he reached out and grabbed the sink to stabilize himself. Opening the medicine cabinet he withdrew his toothbrush and toothpaste, quickly brushing his teeth. As he did so, he ran a quick hand through his hair, taking out some of the more visible knots. Once finished, he grabbed his phone, headphones, bike chain and lock, and quickly left his apartment. While it wasn't helping him, he couldn't stop himself from looking at the time every thirty seconds. Usually, his rides took him about 15 minutes to get to work, and he didn't have that spare time today. He had been meaning to set his alarm last night, but he slowly slipped into sleep without realizing it. Pedaling as fast as he could, he made it to the coffee shop and hastily locked up his bike on a nearby bike rack. Making one quick check of his appearance again, he pushed open the doors to the Cafe and made his way to the back before slipping on an apron.

Jay rolled out of bed, quite literally. Groaning as he did so, he sat up and stretched out one of his arms. It had a tingling sensation to it, he assumed he must've slept on it, and he let out an annoyed huff. Feeling around the nearly pitch black room, he rested his hand on his phone and lightly tapped the screen. The contrast in the brightness of his phone screen compared to the dark setting caused his un-adjusted eyes to burn slightly as he squinted at his lock screen. He quickly bolted up after realizing it was nearly opening time. Drawing back the black out curtains in his room, allowing light to flood in, he rushed through his morning routine.

Jay slipped on whatever was laying around, most of his clothes were very simple, so he never really had to worry about mismatched outfits. Nearly slipping on his way to the bathroom, he reached out and grabbed the sink to stabilize himself. Opening the medicine cabinet he withdrew his toothbrush and toothpaste, quickly brushing his teeth. As he did so, he ran a quick hand through his hair, taking out some of the more visible knots. Once finished, he grabbed his phone, headphones, bike chain and lock, and quickly left his apartment. While it wasn't helping him, he couldn't stop himself from looking at the time every thirty seconds. Usually, his rides took him about 15 minutes to get to work, and he didn't have that spare time today. He had been meaning to set his alarm last night, but he slowly slipped into sleep without realizing it. Pedaling as fast as he could, he made it to the coffee shop and hastily locked up his bike on a nearby bike rack. Making one quick check of his appearance again, he pushed open the doors to the Cafe and made his way to the back before slipping on an apron.
Sebastian looked up, having heard the door open. “Oh, h-hi Jay. I f-f-finished up the brownies, b-but you c-can start on the l-lemon bars.” he informed, not taking his eyes off the cake pops he was preparing. He finished molding them and slid the tray into the oven.

Sebastian looked up, having heard the door open. “Oh, h-hi Jay. I f-f-finished up the brownies, b-but you c-can start on the l-lemon bars.” he informed, not taking his eyes off the cake pops he was preparing. He finished molding them and slid the tray into the oven.
Jay nodded, giving a slight hum of acknowledgement as well. Tying his apron around his waist, he reached into his back pocket, pulling out a black hair tie. Tying his bangs, and whatever else of his hair that fit, into a ponytail he quickly got to work. He grabbed a metallic mixing bowl along with a whisk and set them down on a counter. Going through the fridge, he grabbed a stick of butter, a couple of eggs, and a lemon. Placing it next to his prepped items, he also took a measuring cup's worth of flour, sugar, and salt, respectively. Over the years he had worked here, he had memorized a majority of the recipes of the pastries the cafe had to offer. He removed the wrapper from the butter and set it aside for the time being, letting it soften as he mixed his dry ingredients together. After adding everything else to the mix, he whisked the contents in the bowl thoroughly. Dusting off the bit of flour residue on his hands, he took a rectangular pan and greased it well, learning firsthand what happened if he didn't. Pouring the mix in, he set the filled pan next to the oven. "Let me know when you're finished with your.." Jay paused for a moment as took a quick look at what was inside the oven through the translucent door. "..Cake pops so I can put in the bars." Jay made his way to the sink and ran a rag under the faucet before wringing it out. He then used it to wipe down the area he used, making sure to clean up any spilled ingredients or mix.

Brooke deeply sighed before going to talk to miss perfect herself. She gracefully gaited, crossing her legs with each step. She had her eyes on Abigail as she stared at eye level with her. As she made her way, she forced a smile on her face, cracking her lipstick the ends of her lips. She made her way into her view and nearly tried to butt out Rome in their conversation ''Oh Miss Spencer, it is always a pleasure to see you. Sorry if I'm a bit early, but it seems you are too. You know the saying 'The early bird gets the worm' and I always get worm no matter what. The first ones always get the finest ingredients. I couldn't help but overhear that you're a barista here, please tell me this isn't true. You're far better this, don't you have expectations for yourself? Do you really want to work here forever making minimum wage? Surely, you out of all people, wouldn't work here in your life.''

Sophia slowly walked up to the counter, thinking about what she wanted. Not paying attention, she bumped into the counter which startled her. She quickly looked around and hoped no one saw her since she was embarrassed.

"Excuse me, can you take my order?" Sophia asked the dark skinned boy behind the counter before she continued talking. "I would like an extra caffeinated brownie and for my girlf-" Sophia quickly shut her mouth before she said the last word.

Ah, Ellet! You just met, why do you have to be so dumb! She hasn't shown one bit of interest in you so why don't you just leave the poor girl alone. She thought.

Sophia quickly cleared her throat before she continued to speak to Tyler. "And for my friend, she wants a cup of black coffee and a cheesecake slice."

Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed and CommodoreOlaf CommodoreOlaf

-Aarohi-
Mentions:CommodoreOlaf

Aarohi was snooping through the fridge...she noticed Tyler had made her favorite coffee cake balls. She had some yesterday, 3 to be exact, and she was ready to snatch the last one! Tyler had always made them exactly had the should be made, with the right amount of cake and a little more coffee! She knew she wasn't supposed to eat them- but how can she resist? They were a god sent food! Her cocoa-colored eyes sparkled with a giddy excitement as she saw the forbidden treat, she licked her soft nude colored lips that were plump and round- her hand carefully reaching in and quickly snatching her morning snack! She gave a little giggle and a squeal as she raised the snack to her lips.

"Come to mama- GAH!"

Aarohi let out a yelp as Tyler walked into the kitchen, her hand quickly moving behind her back while she swayed back and forth. Her gaze moved over Tyler's face, his cocky grin making her laugh nervously. Aarohi was a terrible liar- she didn't like lying and that was the reason. It was a good thing because it got her real friends and got her a trustworthy reputation, but it was also a bad thing since she couldn't get away with cheeky little things...like taking a cake ball or few.

"Heyyyyyyyyy Tyler! Fancy seeing you here...in the kitchen...where you work-"

Aarohi's voice was a slightly higher pitch then her normal tone, her face twisted into a nervous smile. She mentally smacked herself in the face, he works here! He has access to the kitchen anytime! Aarohi cleared her throat and raised her eyebrows in surprise, her mouth forming a small O as she acted surprised and confused.

"The cake balls?! No way! Pssh I didn't even know you made coffee-flavored cake balls with chocolate chip sprinkles- You should've told me! I would've had three- I MEAN- Ah forget it."

Aarohi swiftly placed the cake pop into her mouth and started eating it. She knew that this would be an inconvenience to the consumers, but 90% of them were snotted up rich people who used daddy's money to buy a Rolex. She flustered and looked to the floor, ready to get a light scolding from her co worker...everyone usually got on top of her about the snacks- she just couldn't help herself! She remade them anyways- even though she sucked at baking. Ah yes, the irony! She worked at a coffee shop and didn't even know how to heat up the damn cookies! But, she was hired for her amazing coffee making skills! It was a good thing her Indian parents were traditional in that sense-

As Jayme waits for Sophia to be done with the order, she starts to fiddle with her rings. 'Why was she being so nice? Usually everyone I come across who were this nice wanted something from me. Best to be wary..' She sighed and leaned back on her seat. She plugged one earphone back into her ear. She leaned her head back and closed her eyes as she listened to the reality distracting sounds that soothed her.

"The cake balls?! No way! Pssh I didn't even know you made coffee-flavored cake balls with chocolate chip sprinkles- You should've told me! I would've had three- I MEAN- Ah forget it."

Oh, Aarohi. Tyler chuckled softly to himself as she looked apologetically at the floor. Tyler didn't mind too much though. The business and atmosphere Aarohi brought to the shop with her fantastic customer-relations easily outweighed any profit potentially gained from those cake pops. He popped open the fridge and gave her a reassuring tap on the shoulder.

"I had a feeling you might have some so I went ahead and made extra."

Tyler moved aside three cartons of chai tea, revealing a cleverly hidden bowl of cake pops, and then brought them out. He set one coffee-flavored cake pop aside for Aarohi, another for himself, and then started plating the rest for the display in the front of the store. Before he could eat his cake ball, he noticed a line begin to form at the front. The morning rush was starting.

"Since you ate my cake balls, help me ring up these customers, please?" Tyler wiped his hands on his apron, carried the display treats on a half-sheet baking pan, and started towards the front. He had noticed a couple more of his coworkers coming in. He set the treats aside for the time being and helped the first customer, a tan, pretty woman with glasses. As she spoke he couldn't help but notice the way she changed up what she was saying.

Girlfriend became -friend. Hm... interesting. After hearing her order, he repeated it back to her just to be sure.

"Alright. That's one extra-caffeinated brownie, one small black coffee, and a slice of cheesecake." Tyler punched in the items on his screen and told her the total.

"That'll be $6.29." He looked at her to see if she was gonna use cash or card before he started the payment process.

Interactions: Fiddle_Leaf_Fig Fiddle_Leaf_Fig and Tamriel Tamriel

Sophia listened to Tyler repeat her order and as soon as he was done, she snapped her fingers. "Bingo." She said, indicating that he was correct. She then bit her bottom lip as he told her how much it would cost. "I'm sure i have it right....here!" She said as she pulled her wallet out of her pocket and started looking through it.

"I'm sure you're probably wondering why i don't have a purse, right?" Sophia asked, not looking up from her wallet. "Well the truth is, I've never liked them. To me, it's just too much luggage to carry around." She quickly pulled out a 5 dollor bill and two 1 dollor bills before handing it to him. "It's just a little over, so you can keep the change." She said as she turned to walk away. "Alright, call me when it's all ready!"

Sophia shoved her wallet back into her pocket as she continued to walk toward Jayme. When she got there, she slumped down into a chair across from Jayme. "Well, I've paid for it, now we just have the waiting game. She said as she was stretching. She quickly noticed Jayme had one earphone in her ear. "What kinda music do you like?"

CommodoreOlaf CommodoreOlaf

-Aarohi-
Mentions: CommodoreOlaf

Aarohi relaxed at the sound of a chuckle, ah she was safe this time! Aarohi lifted her head up, moving her long wavy raven ponytail over her shoulder, a soft gasp slipped out as she saw Tyler exploit the position of the precious cake pops. She threw Tyler one of her sweet smiles and did a skip towards the cake pop, her long black nails picking it up and she popped it into her mouth. A satisfying hmm~ rumbled her throat.

“Of course you made extras- You’re always prepared haha! And of course I’ll help! It’s my job after all.”

She looked over and saw the sun a little more woken up, it’s warm hues painting the sky and exposing the white Cotten balls we call clouds. As Tyler walked out, she got on her tippy toes and gave him a quick little ruffle on the head- she bit her lip as she struggled to reach his head. She walked out behind him, putting her hair up in a bun and took a quick deep breath- time to own this place! Aarohi stood next to Tyler as she waited for the next costumer, her gaze looking over the coffee shop and giving the characters small waves and a smile.

“So how are you Tyler? Haven’t spoken in a while haha! Well I guess that’s my fault, I’ve been busy with university- OH! We should totally go out tonight! Maybe we can invite someone else? We have been lacking on our karaoke compositions! If I buy a chocolate croissant will you come?”

Aarohi rambled on as usual, she was always a morning person. Aarohi’s eyes were glimmering with excitement as she thought of ideas, she missed hanging out with her friends...she had trouble living with out them- The sunlight finally shined through the Café floor to ceiling windows, it’s gracious glow warmed up the cool cafe and lit up Aarohi’s eyes, showing the hidden hues of brown and a few specks of Amber.​

Jayme jumped when Sophia appeared in front of her again. She made a small smile. “Um.. it’s a bit odd for someone like me.” She made an awkward chuckle. She handed Sophia her other earbud. Soft indie music is playing. She felt a bit embarrassed to be sharing an earbud with someone.

Sophia put the earbud in her ear while smiling and looking at Jayme. She started listening to the music as she leaned back in her chair. "This isn't half bad, i really like it." She said as she moved her chair closer to Jayme so that they would be sitting side by side. "Don't be embarrassed, you have a good taste in music." Sophia said as she touched Jaymes arm lightly. She started fixing her glasses as she was thinking. "Is there something i can do to make you feel less uncomfortable?"

Last edited:
Tyler put the $7 into the till and counted out her change. When she told him to keep it, Tyler smiled at the kind gesture.

"Thanks, will do!"

Tyler started to work on their order when he realized he had forgotten to ask them if they were eating in or taking everything to go. He glanced over and saw the customer sit down at the same table as another girl, one that had navy blue curly hair.

Hm.. So I guess she's the girlfriend/friend. Tyler wasn't the type to snoop around in other people's business, he was just observant. It didn't look like they were leaving so he grabbed two small ceramic plates from underneath the counter. As he began plating the brownie and the cheesecake, he heard Aarohi's bubbly voice next to him.

“So how are you Tyler? Haven’t spoken in a while haha! Well I guess that’s my fault, I’ve been busy with university- OH! We should totally go out tonight! Maybe we can invite someone else? We have been lacking on our karaoke compositions! If I buy a chocolate croissant will you come?”

Tyler's ears perked up at the word 'chocolate croissant'. He had no plans to go out tonight, or any plans at all really. The thought of him sounding like a wailing turkey for a couple hours didn't sound too appealing. But then again, Aarohi easily had a fun time and he was sure, it would never be boring.

"I've been well. Don't worry, it's okay. We all get busy!" Tyler grabbed a small paper cup and a cardboard sleeve from the counter, filling the cup 3/4 of the way with the shop's breakfast blend. "Karaoke? You know I can't sing." Tyler laughed and slid the items together onto the pick-up counter.

"Extra-caf brownie, small coffee, and cheesecake slice!" He called out. Tyler pondered for a moment and then turned to Aarohi.

"Sure. But you can't laugh when it's my turn."

Interactions:
Fiddle_Leaf_Fig Fiddle_Leaf_Fig and Tamriel Tamriel

Jayme looked down at the table in thought. ” There’s... nothing I can think of.. ” She makes an awkward smile. “ I’m honestly surprised you aren’t afraid of me.” She nudges Sophia with her elbow. “Unless there’s something you want, I have nothing to offer you.” She gives a slight chuckle.

"Why would i be afraid of you? If anything, I'm quite fond of you. Well, from what i know about you, which isn't much, but...I would love to get to know more about you." Sophia smiled warmly as she looked at Jayme. She nodded as she listened to what she had to say. "No, there's nothing i want." Sophia muttered as she looked around. She pondered for quite a bit before she looked back toward Jayme. "Well, if you're ever free...would you want to...go somewhere...with me?" Sophia asked as her anxiety started to build up. She needed a moment to breath and that's when it happened, her food order was called out so she quickly stood up. "Um...I'll be back in just a moment and then we can continue our conversation." She told Jayme before she turned to walk away.

Sophia let out a sigh of relief when she had her back to Jayme as she walked. "Jeez Ellet, you really gotta slow down sometimes. I've never been this nervous. I just gotta get back to the table and see her answer. If it's a no, then I'll just move on with my life and if she says yes, then..." Sophia was quickly pulled out of her thoughts when she got to her order. She picked it all up and made sure she had everything before she started heading back to Jayme. Each step she took, she got more anxious. "Here you go." She said happily as she placed the plate with the cheesecake slice in front of Jayme along with the coffee before sitting back down beside her. "Ok, about that question i asked you, don't feel forced to say yes just because i bought your food, ok? It's your choice, you won't make me sad or anything if you don't want to."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back