• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Something loosely based on Mortal Kombat (2021)

Caligula

An INFP pretending to be a misanthrope.
It's a very divisive film from what I gathered, but I was in need of something to take my mind off of real-life stress/issues recently and it was perfect for that. Admittedly, I'm not familiar with the franchise outside of the very old PS1 game (I think it was Mortal Kombat 4) I played to death as a kid and the first live-action film from 1995. It won't matter much since this won't strictly stick to canon. Canon characters won't be required. If you want to play one then go for it, I just wanna keep around 70% of the plot (because I'm really into the powers, chosen fighters, and training aspects of it).

As for my characters, they're not fully fleshed out yet, but I'm hoping to brainstorm with a partner and build around each other's ideas. So far, I've just got a villain (that's probably a bit like a mixture of Poison Ivy and Catwoman if you squint), and a broke part-time con-woman that likely accidentally got her dragon mark. For the latter, I see her as somewhat of a vagabond due to growing up in the system. I'm open to her having known your character from a previous foster home or somewhere else if you like.

Now on to some important details about me:
  • I do third-person/past tense. I'd prefer it if neither of us uses first-person.
  • Don't have a specific length requirement, but for this, I would definitely prefer something higher than one-liners. (One-liners might be fine for combat scenes though).
  • I don't have much of a preference for where we write the RP.
  • I've never really written combat scenes, but I'm willing to try it out for this. Take this as a warning that the fight scenes will probably be far from spectacular lol
  • I don't mind starting in medias res as long as we've discussed enough to get the gist of what's going on.
  • I have writing samples to show upon request, but I won't ask for any from you. I just don't really like having to judge other people's writing, tbh.

Ideas for the RP:
  • We could give the fighters more time to train and develop bonds. It doesn't have to be as high stakes time-wise as the film.
  • I live for a strict mentor/mentee dynamic. They're preparing for Mortal freakin' Kombat so it should be expected that one of the more experienced and disciplined fighters to be really tough on the weakest link (the broke vagabond). Platonic or otherwise, it'd be great for character development.
  • I know I said canons aren't required, but I might just play Liu Kang because I think it'd be funny for my character to have an awkward crush.

If you've read all that and are still interested, message me your character, power/arcana, and/or plot ideas ^^

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back