• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Something Experimental

ich0rous

ich0rous
Hiya! My name is Alice, and I'm looking for one or a few people to work on a fresh, brand new 'worldbuilding' project.
Lately I've become a little too used to roleplaying in a setting that I've developed tooth and nail. It's become detailed enough where characters and scenarios arise out of context, and that sort of 'Joy of Creation' is almost lost in how mundane adding pieces to it feels. It's not that a worldbuilding project being in this state is bad, it's just so developed that not a lot is left up to the imagination anymore.

So I'd like to organize something with just one or two other people for starters, (preferably something low-fantasy) where the setting has barely any context, and we as a group will build that up through the course of the roleplay. I'd like an enriching experience with lots of brainstorming in OOC, working on ideas and then fleshing them out through the writing, and eventually detailing a bit more complex of a world than we started with!

(I know this account is old, but I don't have a ton of experience with the site, so I apologize if anything about this is off or incorrect. I'm very welcome to being corrected! But, I figured I'd start with some things that I'm looking for, and some things that I would specifically not like.)

WHAT I KNOW WORKS:
  • I've found that letting an RP develop through the context applied in previous posts is just. Fun. Goddamn fun. It feels open, and like there aren't these annoying constraints.
WHAT I LIKE
  • I play both male and female characters but tend to lean heavily towards females. As far as what you play? I don't care much... I don't want to go into this expecting to do romance, and I don't want potential partners to come into this expecting a big shipping curve... That being said, I'm not opposed to it if it's something that makes sense given the way things play out! So keep that in mind also. (Although if it IS something you'd like to work towards, I guess it's fair to note that I prefer fxf, but I'm open to other stuff too c: )
  • I would prefer this particular RP to be fantasy, and not Sci-Fi or some other subgenre that falls under 'speculative fiction'.
  • I'd like to brainstorm a bit OOC before jumping into things if that's alright c:
  • I REALLY enjoy dark stuff!!! Not like, unironically edgy scenarios, but darker themes. I'd like to do this with someone who doesn't squick easy.
  • I also like chatting with the people I write with! So don't be afraid to be vocal about things. I don't mind OOC chatter the least bit.
  • I also like writing quite a lot-- I don't expect a lot of people to match, since the way you and I write is probably a good bit different! At the same time, I wouldn't like one liners or especially small replies...
  • I also prefer frequent replies, but I'm patient, and I can wait c: It REALLY helps to notify me if things have to wait longer than a day.
WHAT I REALLY DONT LIKE :C
  • No furries please :c I dont even know how prevalent that sort of thing is here honestly, and I generally don't mind it, but for the sake of this scenario, I'd like to keep things a little more human
  • Tiny posts, or a lack of engaging sensory detail. (Tbh, quality over quantity is always a great rule of thumb to go by...)
  • That's all I can think of off the top of my head!
If you're interested, hit me up and I'd love to start a thread and begin writing with you c:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back