• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Somebody I Used To Know

apolla

❛ it's only love, nobody dies ❜

i want a second chance
at falling in love with you

for the first time

filler! ignore

filler! ignore

filler! ignore

filler! ignore

filler! ignore

• somebody

i used to know.

♡design by psilocin, coded by uxie♡

Rules
This is first come, first serve. Please let us know what role and gender you want when you express interest. (GM taken roles: toxic female, opposites female).

No one liners-- there is a two paragraph minimum per post.

I'm not saying you have to post everyday, but a few times a week would be nice. Please don't express interest if you can't meet this requirement. I know that things come up, and that's not what I'm talking about here.

_amaranth_ _amaranth_ is my co-gm, and her word is LAW!

Be polite and respectful. If you can't manage this, you will be kicked, and YC will be killed off. (ha.)

Romance isn't a must, but it's encouraged/enjoyed by most. (Note, I said most). But don't break RPN's rules. Fade to black if needed.

Be mature. Not saying this RP is going to break RPN's rules, but i'm saying there may be mature topics/triggers. Do not bash anyone's character or anything like that.

On the topic of triggers, please be respectful. Do some research if you have to. Triggers are nothing to take lightly, and if someone gets upset, don't bash them for getting upset. Warn us if your post or character has triggers/trigger warnings.

If you have an issue with someone, come to me first. Or be a big person and actually talk to them about it.

There will be a discord for ooc chatter.

Plot
Exes. They're not in your life anymore for a reason, right? Whatever the reason your breakup was, it was most likely final. Maybe you or your old SO moved away. Cheated. Lied. You just didn't work out. Whatever the reason or however you feel about the breakup or that person anymore-- it's over.

But what if you got another chance? Out of thousands of applicants, you were chosen to participate in the brand new reality series entitled 'Somebody That I Used To Know'. Do you really know that ex as well as you thought? Have they changed since you dated? And most important... is there the possibility of a second chance? Do you want that?

Couples
Teenage Dream Couple
This couple was everybody's dream couple. Perfect girl + perfect boy = perfect relationship, right? They did everything together, even wore those I'm with him/her t-shirts. They would skip out on time with their friends just to be with each other, whether they were watching a movie or going out for a night on the town. If they were so perfect, just what caused their demise?

The Toxic Couple
This couple was just exhausting to look at. They were extremely attracted to each other, couldn't keep their hands off each other when they were together. But that closeness, that touchy-feelyness never lasted long, did it? They brought out the worst in each other, always arguing about something, convinced that the other was wrong and they were right. They rarely agreed. The highs were great, but the lows left each other drained. It's obvious why this couple ended... or is it?

The Opposites Attract Couple
This couple was an interesting match. They were polar opposites. Think country and city, or day and night. They always found a way to compromise... well, usually. They were different in every way possible, but at least they respected each other. People were generally genuinely confused when they found out there two were a couple. How did it work? Well, obviously it didn't. Maybe their differences finally got the better of them.

The Power Couple
This couple was hardly a couple at all. Both of them were truly independent people, always striving to reach their own goals. These two were hardly able to compromise at anything, and usually put themselves and their wants before their partners. Careers, wants, needs, social lives... it didn't matter as long as yours came first. Love was not a priority in this relationship. Another obvious ending... right?

Taken Roles
Teenage Dream female - Syfer Syfer
Teenage Dream male - TheBanditKing TheBanditKing
Toxic female - _amaranth_ _amaranth_
Toxic male - Steve Freeling Steve Freeling
Opposites Attract female - apolla apolla
Opposites Attract male - Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed
Power male - OPEN
Power male - plague rats plague rats

Last edited:

I am here and queer
Okay this is such a neat concept and I adore it?? I have a couple questions real quick, are characters allowed to end up possibly persuing someone from one of the other couples?? Also is LGBTQ ok??

for now I'd love to reserve male power!

Icarus -Bastille
coded by hanthesunbeam

Nornslayer Nornslayer

Hello, thank you! ^^ To answer your questions, YES, they are allowed to go after other people from the other couples! I'm totally open to that drama. And LGBTQ charas are definitely welcome!

vixe vixe wildkittyatheart wildkittyatheart Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed
If you guys are interested in joining, could you please let me know as what character? If not, that's totally cool too!

me when I saw the other power slot is now male too: 👁👄👁

Icarus -Bastille
coded by hanthesunbeam

Hey! I love this idea! Would want to secure one of the teenage dream. It doesn't matter to me which.

Hey! I love this idea! Would want to secure one of the teenage dream. It doesn't matter to me which.

You got it! We can see if someone else wants one of the other roles, then I can give you whichever one is left. (:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back