• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Somebody I Used To Know

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

apolla

❛ it's only love, nobody dies ❜

2c27a3e81a451703c44d7f5dd60ed615.png

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Welcome to the show, and your new home for the next summer!

76cb761d-d66f-4f83-b01f-0882d915430d.c10.jpg

Your home lies on a spacious lot, about a five minute walk to the beach and the boardwalk. You'll find rides, shops, and so much more there.

102ThingsToDo-MyrtleBeachBoardwalk.jpg

Whether you arrive to the house by plane, taxi, uber, or whatever, you should know that you're already being filmed. Cameras are set up all over the house, inside and out (except for the bathrooms, of course). If you need to go anywhere, you'll have to call a cab, as your own personal vehicles are to be parked elsewhere (if brought) and your keys to be given up, as spoken of in your contract. This is simply to ensure that you remain on the show, and don't get the urge to just get up and leave us.

What do you want from this show? Love? Revenge? Closure? Whatever it is, I hope you're ready to meet...

...someone you used to know.

Code by apolla apolla

Last edited:
Leah Harling
Leah drummed her fingers on her leg as the uber driver rambled on about something-- to be honest, she had stopped paying attention as soon as they left the airport. It wasn't really a nice thing to do, but the butterflies in her stomach were threatening to spill up and out of her mouth. Although Leah absolutely loved reality tv, and was ecstatic to actually be starring in one, the source material had her nervous. Before she'd left her home back in the Hamptons, she'd stared at her reflection in the mirror for what felt like ages, just wishing that her father was there.

Leah's mother was not thrilled about her prim and proper daughter going on a reality TV show. It was one of the few things Leah had ever done against her mother's wishes, but she just had to know... No, stop it, she told herself firmly. She couldn't even think his name, or else she might throw up in the back of this shiny Lexus. Glancing towards the driver, wondering if he'd noticed she'd gone slightly pale, she sighed in relief when she realized he was still chatting away. As hard as she tried to listen and pay attention to him, her thoughts kept wandering. Their relationship had ended on such a sour note that she had never thought there was any chance of saving it.

But is that what she wanted?

Biting her perfectly glossed lips, she heaved a small sigh-- again-- and settled back. The AC in the car kept her from being too warm in her long sleeves, and her legs were crossed at the ankles. She pulled her Prada bag closer to her chest, hugging it tight. Though she definitely looked different than she used to, with her blonde highlights, she knew that she'd be easily recognizable by him. She was just about to squeeze her eyes shut when she saw the house outside of her window. She recognized it from the picture she'd been sent. Practically jumping from the car, she stared up at it, wondering if she was the first. God, she hoped so. She needed some time to herself.

The driver offered to help her with her bags, and she gratefully accepted. There were alot of them, and it took them two trips. Once she had her things in the living room, but out of the way of the door, she looked out of the window and watched him drive away. She'd called out into the house upon entering, but no one had answered. She set out to explore the house, going full circle on the first floor until she came back around to the living room, realizing the rooms were upstairs.

The butterflies were just getting worse.

Mood: butterflies

Tags: no one yet

023-Summer-Outfit.jpg

LADYGUNN-Leighton-Meester-3.jpg
Code by apolla apolla

Bryce & Cedric

BRYCE_AND_CED.png

‘Rise and shine, Blondie! This is it. Where it all begins.’ The moss-coloured Silverado wheezed as Marcus turned off the engine. He shook his cousin, stifling a laugh when the latter groaned in protest. Ah, Bryce -- ever the graceful sleeper, with his mouth ajar, and his head slumping forwards and back every five seconds or so. Marcus tried again. ‘Come on. Up, up! Time to make America fall in love with you, and by America, I mean --’

‘Yes, yes, thank you for sharing, Marcus.’ Bryce’s words were barely coherent through his half-asleep slurring. He removed his seatbelt, twisting his body as he reached for the large duffle back in the backseat. It was buried somewhere beneath empty bottles of Red Bull and half-consumed bags of potato chips. Even now -- still drowsy, with a stiff neck and a sore back from the week-long road trip -- Bryce couldn’t help but sigh in disapproval. ‘I can’t believe you managed to make that much of a mess in the few hours I was asleep.’ He placed the bag in his lap, and turned the rearview mirror towards his way, making sure he at least looked presentable for the first day.

Why, you’re welcome. It’s nice to know I’m so appreciated.’ Marcus grinned. He was going to miss Bryce’s needless nagging. Codependency, it seemed, was what you got after near eight years of forgotten dreams and the slew of minimum-wage jobs that overtook them. ‘You know, there’s really no need to gussy up. You’re going to look like shit either way.’

Bryce chuckled, finally leaving his hair alone if only so he could send Marcus a playful jab. ‘Anyway, I better get going,’ he said, nodding at the other man before he finally exited the car.

‘Alright.’ Marcus started the engine -- the old truck roaring the roar of a tiny house cat -- and rolled his window down to say his parting words. ‘Still think you should’ve brought your guitar.’

Bryce shrugged. ‘No point. Haven’t even played it in a while.’

They exchanged quiet half-smiles before Marcus finally sped off into the distance, leaving Bryce alone with his luggage, and in the company of an approaching figure. ‘Howdy, stranger?’ He waved at the man, grinning, faintly noting the contrast between them: Him, in his blue flannel shirt and washed out jeans; the stranger, all decked out in a white polo and a blazer, wearing one of those fancy, light brown pants that Bryce and Marcus occasionally liked to make fun of.

‘They’re called chinos,’ said the other man, keeping a straight face even as Bryce’s shifted into a mixture of surprise and embarrassment. ‘I noticed you staring at them.’ The stranger’s explanation didn’t do anything for Bryce’s suspicion that the former may be a telepath. ‘My name is Cedric Gilligan-Parsons. I assume you’re here for the show?’ Cedric took his hand off the silver Rimowa trolley case, instead extending his hand towards Bryce.

‘Just Bryce. Nice to meet ya.’ He shook Cedric’s hand, grinning, feeling the tiniest, softest blow in his chest when the other man didn’t return his smile. ‘I heard there’s going to be cameras everywhere. The beach is so close, I sure hope they ain’t planning to pull a Big Brother over on us.’

Cedric snickered in approval. It looked like his new housemate might have acceptable taste in literature, at least. ‘We’re not about to head into the Miniluv, are we? I’d hate to end up like Winston Smith.’

‘Huh?’ Bryce raised an eyebrow. He’d followed the show as much as he could -- reality TV had always been one of his greatest guilty pleasures, after all -- but he couldn’t remember a Winston Smith. Oh, well.

The two of them continued on in silence, Cedric appearing uninterested in engaging in further small talk. Neither bothered calling out to anyone after getting inside, both assuming they were the first to arrive. To Cedric’s surprise -- and to Bryce’s … well, something much stronger than surprise -- a third pair of footsteps approached opposite them.

Cedric blinked, moving his head to the side and back forward as he felt the other man slow down his pace significantly. He was barely taller than Bryce, too, so he couldn’t see much point in the latter’s shoddy attempt to hide behind him.

‘My name is Cedric Gilligan-Parsons.’ He introduced himself with the same dry tone he used everywhere else. ‘Bryce’s reaction suggests you’re acquainted with each other. I presume you did not part on amicable terms?’

apolla apolla

Last edited:
[class=fyuri11wrapper] max-width:400px; height:500px; margin:auto; [/class] [class=fyuri11imagebox] width:100%; height:500px; background:url('http://ladycharm.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/2704w-3.jpg') no-repeat; [/class] [class=fyuri11overlayparent] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; max-width:400px; height:500px; [/class] [class=fyuri11overlay] display: flex; width:200px; height:200px; margin:auto; background-color:rgba(0,0,0, 0.8); color:#fff; [/class] [class=fyuri11header] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; flex-flow: column nowrap; text-align:center; width:100%; font-family: 'Sigmar One', Impact; font-size:30px; color:#fff; [/class] [class=fyuri11parent] opacity:0.0; position:relative; margin-top:-500px; width:100%; height:500px; background:#000; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=fyuri11parent state=hover] opacity:1.0; width:calc(100% - 20px); height:480px; background:rgba(218,20,69, 0.8); padding:10px; [/class] [class=fyuri11content] width:calc (100% - 20px); height:460px; background-color:#fff; overflow:auto; padding:10px; text-align:justify; color:#313131; [/class] [class=fyuri11credit] max-width:400px; margin:auto; opacity:0.3; font-size:10px; [/class]
[div class=fyuri11wrapper][div class=fyuri11imagebox][div class=fyuri11overlayparent][div class=fyuri11overlay][div class=fyuri11header]Winter Jackson
-hover-
[/div]

[/div][/div][/div][div class=fyuri11parent][div class=fyuri11content]Winter had been doing her hair, make up and choosing an outfit for most of the morning. She wanted to make a drastic impression on the people in the house and that’s just what she was going to do one way or another. The thing about it though was it was a shame her ex had to be there, or was it? Not really, Winter had been wanting to confront him about their past relations for a while, but it’s always easy to get out of it when it’s your choice, now that’s have to face it out.

She’d called herself a cab when she was finally ready. Thick black heels and a skinny white dress ought to catch their attentions, she thought to herself. On finally arriving she picked out her case and wheeled it along the drive. Her sun glasses falling down to her nose as she let herself in. The heels from her shoes clicked along the floor as she walked round. Leaving her case by the door there was nothing front slowly her down. Not seeing anyone or even hearing them she let herself out onto the porch and stood looking out to the gardens edge. It was so peaceful here, though she doubted it would be for long.

After some time of taking in the freshness of the air she wandered back in with arms wrapped round her front. “Hello? Anyone else got here yet?” It wasn’t exactly loud, but the echo was noticeable at least.
[/div][/div][/div][div class=fyuri11credit]code/design by Fable Fable [/div]

cam-gigandet-032114585185987922.jpg

♥​
"Life is about the choices you make."

CamGigandettg_sized.jpg
Maybe this was a mistake. Maybe he should have stuck with his bartending job. But then he'd be passing up the chance to show the world how sexy he was. Eh... okay. Maybe this wasn't such a mistake after all.

Kentin sighed and leaned his head back. He'd gotten here just a few minutes ago, and from the looks of it, he was not the first to arrive. That did not bode well for him if she was already here. What would he say? Would he tease her, flirt with her, or just ignore her? WHAT IF THERE WERE OTHER BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE WAITING INSIDE?

Okay. Stop. Hold on a second, Kenny. He took a deep breath and got out of the car, wondering for the first time if such a casual shirt was the wrong way to start off a reality show. Kenny wasn't well-versed in them to begin with, but he was pretty sure their beginnings included some sort of dramatic entrance. Plus... he feared his shirt didn't fully match his guyliner. That would be the worst possible thing that could happen right now: a guyliner malfuction.

Steeling himself, he took his suitcase out of the car and left his keys. He wasn't sure when they'd take his car away, but he knew someone was loitering around somewhere...creepy stalkers that they were. Good thing he only had one suitcase, or he might've had to face those creepers. Ew. It wasn't like he had enough things to put in more than one suitcase. Nor did he own a second suitcase. Ah, the life of a bartender who grew up poor.

Kenny dragged his suitcase beside him and whistled all the way up the walkway. Time to get this show on the road. Ha.

Really, he was tempted to kick the door open, but that would give the wrong impression. Instead, he nudged it open. There were already a few people here, two dudes and a girl. All were pretty to look at. This was going to be fun. Kenny tilted his head and grinned at the palpable tension between the one guy and the girl. Guess he knew one of the other couples already... "Hey there. I'm Kentin Davies, the most beautiful man you will ever have the pleasure of meeting. Ask where I'm from and you might regret it later; it includes a Will Smith impression that I still haven't perfected."

He froze as he heard a familiar voice call out. It was the same as when he'd last heard it.

I'm not ready I'm not ready I'm not ready.

But he had to be.

As soon as she appeared, he stared at her. Still beautiful in that strange way of hers, still unreachable even with the longest rope. He could've said something witty, something brilliant, something snarky that would make her regret ever making him so angry he'd had no choice but to break it off. But that wasn't what happened.

"...Hey."

Interactions: Leah, Bryce, Cedric, Winter | Tags: apolla apolla Generic Brooding Antihero Generic Brooding Antihero Ridge Ridge | Outfit: This

code by pasta

Jamie Ayala III

ZCJjFHI3.jpg
Jaime's current outfit.

Mentioned: lavendre lavendre (Zahra)
Interaction: his father | everyone ( apolla apolla ), ( Generic Brooding Antihero Generic Brooding Antihero ), ( Ridge Ridge ), ( AnimeGenork AnimeGenork )

Before going to the location of where this reality TV will held. He was at the Ayala Corporation branch of the US, specifically in his father's office. His father who is one of the powerful businessmen in the world, questioned Jaime about why joining a reality TV show that is called Somebody I Used To Know. Before Jaime will answer his father's question, he questioned him back.

"Pa, do you remember my first girlfriend here in the United States?" Jaime asked his father.

His father think further as he doesn't remember which Jaime's girlfriend is his son talking about due to the fact that Jaime had been with a lot of girls back in the Philippines. His father shook his head by saying, "How the hell can I remember, son? You have a lot of girls back in the homeland." His father chuckled. Jaime's expression was serious which his father noticed. "No need to be serious, son, I can't hardly remember your first girlfriend here in America." Jaime takes a deep breath and he sighed after his father said that.

"Does the name Zahra ring a bell to you?" he asked his father once again. This time, his father finally remembers his son's first girlfriend. His father sees them as the perfect couple and Jaime's suitable girl although his father still doesn't know the reason about why Jaime suddenly cut communication with his first girlfriend. It's been four years and until now, Jaime haven't contacted Zahra and all he do is stalk Zahra's social media accounts the moment he stepped to the United Stated once again because of the flashbacks he recieved. There was no even formal breakup between the two parties.

"I remembered her. Son, to be honest, I liked that girl, she's suitable to you and she's great unlike the bitches you've met back in the homeland. I don't know why you cut communications and relationship with her after we went bankrupt years ago. Long distance relationship is a thing, you know." his father said bluntly, he was being straight towards his son which Jaime understands. He listened to his father's words one by one and the word 'long distance relationship' hitted him despite the fact that LDR is one hell of a challenge according to Jaime. He sighed and then his uber have called which Jaime accepts.

"You are here?" Jaime asked.

"Yes, sir, I'm here outside the Ayala Corporation."

"Alright." Jaime hang up.

Jaime looked at his father and says farewell to him. He dragged his roller and left the building. He entered in the uber and heads to the destination, the location of where the reality TV show would held. He was so nervous to met Zahra, what if things went south, like slapping his face in front of the other participants? That would be embarrassing as fuck but he needed to be confident as always and prepared from the consequences he have done to his first girlfriend, he takes a deep breath once again. Inhale and exhale, this could eliminate his nervousness.

Sometime later, they arrived at the destination. Jaime looked at the uber driver and asked how much. The uber driver replied back and Jaime gives the payment to the uber driver. The uber driver thanked him. Jaime opens the passenger door as he lifts his roller. He dragged his roller as he approached the house. Jaime hoped Zahra isn't at the house yet because if she is there already, it would be really awkward between the two parties. The four years of ghosting would finally end here at this reality TV show. He entered at the house as he drag his roller inside.

There were several participants already but there is no sign of Zahra. He was relieved. He observed the other several participants who have already met their exes and having a awkward conversation. Anyway, he decides to say hello.

"Hello, people, I am Jaime Ayala the third of his name, son and an heir to a businessman. Nice to meet you all." he said in a casual tone, hopefully, the people could heard his introduction.

[class=fyuri11wrapper] max-width:400px; height:500px; margin:auto; [/class] [class=fyuri11imagebox] width:100%; height:500px; background:url('http://ladycharm.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/2704w-3.jpg') no-repeat; [/class] [class=fyuri11overlayparent] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; max-width:400px; height:500px; [/class] [class=fyuri11overlay] display: flex; width:200px; height:200px; margin:auto; background-color:rgba(0,0,0, 0.8); color:#fff; [/class] [class=fyuri11header] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; flex-flow: column nowrap; text-align:center; width:100%; font-family: 'Sigmar One', Impact; font-size:30px; color:#fff; [/class] [class=fyuri11parent] opacity:0.0; position:relative; margin-top:-500px; width:100%; height:500px; background:#000; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=fyuri11parent state=hover] opacity:1.0; width:calc(100% - 20px); height:480px; background:rgba(218,20,69, 0.8); padding:10px; [/class] [class=fyuri11content] width:calc (100% - 20px); height:460px; background-color:#fff; overflow:auto; padding:10px; text-align:justify; color:#313131; [/class] [class=fyuri11credit] max-width:400px; margin:auto; opacity:0.3; font-size:10px; [/class]
[div class=fyuri11wrapper][div class=fyuri11imagebox][div class=fyuri11overlayparent][div class=fyuri11overlay][div class=fyuri11header]Winter Jackson
-hover-
[/div]

[/div][/div][/div][div class=fyuri11parent][div class=fyuri11content]Finally finding the rest for the people that had come into the house she was almost relieved she hadn’t been the first to have an awkward encounter. The tensions in the house had already began to rise as a guy and girl shared obvious glances. Winter wasn’t about to be shy or reluctant, walking in with a swing in her two she smirked. “Looks like we’ve go some potential here!” Meaning t as a joke she laughed to herself before looking round.

It hit her suddenly that one of the blondes was actually a find and painful memory staring her in the face. The mumbled and quivering like ‘hey’ was enough to set her on edge but she wasn’t going to let him stop her. “Good to see you again blue dove.” A nickname she’d given him from his piercing blue eyes and love of doves made it easy for her to give him one.

She didn’t spend much time on him for now, there’s be plenty of other chances for that. Instead she walked over to the most bachelor looking guy. A flutter of her eyes and a slight turn to her head. “Hello handsome.”

AnimeGenork AnimeGenork Rysesaka Rysesaka [/div][/div][/div][div class=fyuri11credit]code/design by Fable Fable [/div]

zahra saffiyah alloui
[class name=accordion]margin-top: -50px; user-select: none; color: white; transition: 1s [/class] [class name=accordion state=hover] cursor: pointer; color: transparent [/class] [class name=accordioncontent] background: transparent; padding: 5px; width: 450px; height: 250px; position: relative; top: 50px; [/class] [script class=accordioncontent] set clickCount 0 hide [/script] [class=transparent]color: transparent [/class] [class name=transparent state=hover]color: white [/class] [script class=accordion on=click] inc clickCount if (eq ${clickCount} 1) (slideDown 600 accordioncontent) if (eq ${clickCount} 2) (set clickCount 0) if (eq ${clickCount} 0) (slideUp 600 accordioncontent) addClass transparent [/script] [div class=accordion]
click me !
[div class=accordioncontent]
[class=tabs]height: 7px; width: 7px; border-radius: 50%; background: #fff; transition: all .5s ease-in-out[/class] [class name=tabs state=hover]background: #dbd8d2 [/class]
[class=tophover]height:250px;width:150px;margin-top:0px;margin-left:0px;transition:1s;position:absolute;color:transparent; [/class] [class name=tophover state=hover]height:250px;width:150px;margin-top:-10px;margin-left:0px;color:white;visiblity:visible [/class] [div class=tophover]
zahra saffiyah alloui
mood: calmer/passive

mentions: jaime, winter

interaction: jaime

tags: Rysesaka Rysesaka

outfit: xxx

[div class=outside style="height: 0px; width: 150px; position: relative; top: 298px; left: 50px;"]
[div class=tabs]
[div class=tabs][/div]
[div class=tabs][/div]
[/div][/div] [class name=textbox]height: 255px; width: 255px; padding: 5px; background: #dbd8d2; position: relative; top: -285px; left: 175px; font-size: 0.75em; color: #3f3e3b; overflow: hidden;[/class] [div class=textbox]
Why in the hell did she apply for this show? Zahra Alloui, one of the quietest people out there, on a reality TV show? Did the directors expect drama from her, or maybe they picked her because she was the "weird quiet one" in the midst of loudly arguing and fighting ex-couples?

Sure, Zahra was probably being too dismissive and judgmental, but she truly wondered what she would gain from this experience, which would be an interesting one, to say the least. After being left in the dust and ghosted by Jaime, her ex, she'd given up on love for the most part. She became mostly focused on her own future without getting caught up in the men who showed interest in her while she was in college. The aftermath of it was one that she struggled to overcome. Why would someone she loved so much (and someone who loved her) just disappear without a single word? No "goodbye", no "I'm breaking up with you", not even a text to say anything at all?

Just thinking about it made her feel like she was explode. But in all honesty, she felt bad. Really bad, mainly for the grudge she held. She felt such a mix of emotions that she didn't want to feel - anger, confusion, sadness, disgust, anxiety. Maybe this show would help her find out why he left? Maybe things weren't as bad as they seemed? Maybe they could even become friends again (or possibly something more than that)? The thoughts flooded her head as she arrived at the house where she would be staying.

The house itself was rather rustic and rural on the outside. However, despite living in wealthy neighborhoods her entire life, she liked the look of it, and Zahra already liked the small town feel of the area. She paid the driver as she got out of the taxi that drove her there and looked at the house once more, sighing slightly. This would be the moment of truth. She felt her anxiety levels rise as she walked into the house, luggage in hand. She looked around and suddenly felt calmer, smiling slightly at everyone who was there. Well, at least she wasn't alone in this, and hopefully her housemates would be more on the pleasant side. Hopefully.

Then her smile faltered when she noticed Jaime. Internally, she began to panic, and it increased when a girl with white hair attempted to flirt with him. What should she say? What should she do? She didn't have a right to become defensive, as they weren't even dating anymore, and that wasn't really something she thought of doing either. Her bushy black eyebrows inadvertently furrowed slightly, not at the girl but at Jaime, and she directly faced him, being just a few inches shorter than him.

"Hello again," Zahra said, trying to sound as emotionless and calm as possible, her strong British accent noticeable in her words. At this point, she had full eye contact with him, but did not stare at him. She now appeared to be calm rather than annoyed.
[/div] [/div][/div][/div]

Jamie Ayala III

ZCJjFHI3.jpg
Jaime's current outfit. | Mood: 'Flirtatious' to guilt/a bit of sadness

Mentioned: AnimeGenork AnimeGenork (Kentin), apolla apolla (Leah), Generic Brooding Antihero Generic Brooding Antihero (Bryce)
Interaction: Ridge Ridge (Winter), lavendre lavendre (Zahra)
While observing his surroundings, he could already feel a tension in this house as the guy and the girl he didn't know are exchanging glances at each other. On the other hand, he looked at the American who awkwardly says hello to the white-haired girl, Jaime realized that these two people were once couples and the white-haired girl replied back by saying the guy's nickname which Jaime cringed from the inside but then again she looked at the white-haired girl and Jaime thought that this girl is somewhat beautiful although American girls aren't technically his type at all as he "disliked" pure American girls due to the stereotype about pure American girls back in his homeland. Seconds later, the white-haired girl approached Jaime and noted her flirtatious actions by saying 'hello handsome'. Jaime chuckled at the girl's statement. He decides to reply back in a flirtatious statement because according to him, American girls are easy-to-get when it comes to this situation.

"Hey, beautiful. What's your name?" Jaime smiled at her.

And suddenly, out of no where, the girl who is so familiar faced Jaime while he attempts to flirt back at this American girl. Jaime noted at her emotionless response and yet calm. The girl eye contacted him and Jaime does it too, even though he wears a sunglasses. Jaime realized that this girl was in fact his first girlfriend, his ex. Zahra. Jaime raised his eyebrows as he grabs his sunglasses away from his face and puts it on the collar. Jaime blinked a couple of times to see if he is just hallucinating but in the end, he believed that her presence was there.

After four years of no contact with Zahra, it makes him feel guilty that he suddenly cuts communication and relationship with his first girlfriend with no reason at all. Jaime sighed, he doesn't have a choice but to touch her left cheek by saying, "You've changed-.. you're more-.. beautiful." Jaime stopped afterwards and he back down a bit. Jaime sighed again and now, he'll apologize to the girl he left with no reason.

"Zahra. I'm sorry, I-.. shouldn't have done that to you." Jaime replied, as if he was going to burst out in tears although Jaime would never do that since it's embarrassing for him to do. Jaime looked down afterwards, he have never felt this kind of emotion ever since he left the United States four years ago.

Last edited:
Leah Harling
Leah didn't particularly like being in the house by herself, but she didn't have long to dwell on her own thoughts before she heard approaching footsteps. The butterflies in her chest exploded all at once, and when she looked up, she knew exactly why. There were two guys there, one she didn't recognize, and one that-- though he'd changed some over the years-- she most definitely did. "Bryce." She breathed, her eyes locked onto him. Their breakup hadn't been pretty, and it had been pretty publicized considering who her family was. She'd never expected him to actually come here without someone dragging him.

Before she could say anything else, another female voice called through the house. She turned slightly to locate the person it was coming from, but was distracted by the door being nudged open again. Another guy walked in, his eyeliner almost better than hers. Almost. She smiled at the slightly petty thought, though not from a point of malice. He seemed pretty confident, too, which was nice-- though she thought she saw some of that confidence fde when the white haired girl walked into the room. He stared at her much like she'd stared at Bryce, and she thought that telling who had dated who was going to be pretty easy.

Before long, two more people-- another old couple, she guessed-- joined them. The white haired girl approached the guy newcomer, and Leah could see how this would get really interesting, really quickly. Clearing her throat as the guy apologized to the newest girl, who he'd called Zahra, she turned away from the private scene. "I looked around the house. It's really beautiful." She announced, feeling a little lame for saying it. Mentally shaking herself, she glanced again at Bryce, and then the guy with eyeliner, or Kentin, as he'd introduced himself. "There's a pool out back, too."

Mood: why did i do this again?

Tags: Bryce & Cedric ( Generic Brooding Antihero Generic Brooding Antihero ); Winter ( Ridge Ridge ); Kentin ( AnimeGenork AnimeGenork ); Jamie ( Rysesaka Rysesaka ); Zahra ( lavendre lavendre )

023-Summer-Outfit.jpg

Code by apolla apolla

zahra saffiyah alloui
[class name=accordion]margin-top: -50px; user-select: none; color: white; transition: 1s [/class] [class name=accordion state=hover] cursor: pointer; color: transparent [/class] [class name=accordioncontent] background: transparent; padding: 5px; width: 450px; height: 250px; position: relative; top: 50px; [/class] [script class=accordioncontent] set clickCount 0 hide [/script] [class=transparent]color: transparent [/class] [class name=transparent state=hover]color: white [/class] [script class=accordion on=click] inc clickCount if (eq ${clickCount} 1) (slideDown 600 accordioncontent) if (eq ${clickCount} 2) (set clickCount 0) if (eq ${clickCount} 0) (slideUp 600 accordioncontent) addClass transparent [/script] [div class=accordion]
click me !
[div class=accordioncontent]
[class=tabs]height: 7px; width: 7px; border-radius: 50%; background: #fff; transition: all .5s ease-in-out[/class] [class name=tabs state=hover]background: #dbd8d2 [/class]
[class=tophover]height:250px;width:150px;margin-top:0px;margin-left:0px;transition:1s;position:absolute;color:transparent; [/class] [class name=tophover state=hover]height:250px;width:150px;margin-top:-10px;margin-left:0px;color:white;visiblity:visible [/class] [div class=tophover]
zahra saffiyah alloui
mood: upset/nervous/uplifted

mentions: jaime

interaction: jaime

tags: Rysesaka Rysesaka

outfit: xxx

[div class=outside style="height: 0px; width: 150px; position: relative; top: 298px; left: 50px;"]
[div class=tabs]
[div class=tabs][/div]
[div class=tabs][/div]
[/div][/div] [class name=textbox]height: 255px; width: 255px; padding: 5px; background: #dbd8d2; position: relative; top: -285px; left: 175px; font-size: 0.75em; color: #3f3e3b; overflow: hidden;[/class] [div class=textbox]
For a moment, Zahra was at a loss for words as Jaime touched her cheek, staring into his deep brown eyes. Another internal, 10-second-long episode of panic and silence ensued. She felt like a mess, like she should cry, like she should scream at him, slap him, run to her room, do something, anything at all. But she couldn't, and she didn't know what to do - again. But she knew she had to stay calm and strong, to show no emotion at all, to do the opposite of what she'd normally do, though it would be the more difficult than anything else she had ever done.

Zahra frowned slightly though she listened to his short apology, which, in her eyes, was actually very sincere and heartfelt. She noticed how he seemed very disappointed in himself and her own feelings of sadness intensified. She knew this would be a delicate situation and she knew she had to be cool about it and not to step out over the imaginary boundary of hurting his feelings. However, the feeling of the grudge she held towards him crept up and Zahra felt like she would say something harsh.

"Jaime. It's been 4 years. Four. Years. That's a very long time. You've had so much time to apologize, but you didn't. Do you honestly expect me to just forgive you? Did you not realize how worried and hurt I've felt? I..." she almost began to ramble but paused, realizing she was spilling out her emotions in the presence of strangers. It was somewhat humiliating for her, since she was often very private about these types of situations. She looked around for a moment and looked back at him, sighing and trying to regain her composure.

"N-never mind," she said with a long sigh that was more of a shaky deep breath. "I'm going to unpack my things," she said lowly as she walked up the stairs. Wow, nice work, Zahra. You didn't even realize that you were being filmed, she felt uncomfortable butterflies in her stomach as she came to her room. Opening the door, she observed it and suddenly smiled. It was a spacious bedroom with 2 queen-sized beds with a huge window overlooking the pool and looked a lot like a hotel room, at least to her. Unfortunately, she would be watched with a camera at all times and the only private place she could go was the bathroom.

She already claimed which bed would be hers - the one closer to the window. The natural light that came into the room was beautiful and it lifted Zahra's spirit. She didn't feel the need to pack much besides the necessary toiletries and clothes, of course. What she did bring was her laptop as well as her Nikon DSLR camera that she bought just two years ago. She decided that while in the town, she could get some good photography shots.
[/div] [/div][/div][/div]

Bryce & Cedric

BRYCE_AND_CED.png

‘Hey,’ came the voice beside Cedric. Bryce’s bubbly confidence seemed to have completely dissipated after they walked through the doors. ‘That’s a tonne of stuff.’ He was looking at all of Leah’s luggage, wearing a half-amused, half-resigned grin that seemed to know her too well. ‘I mean … I don’t mean … Ah … I ain’t … I wasn’t … complaining. What am I saying?’ Bryce chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. He shook his head in a half-hearted attempt to compose himself. ‘Do you need a hand getting them upstairs? Is what I’m saying. Or what I was saying. But the offer still stands.’ Bryce started to look every bit like he wanted to run out the door, and never come back.

Though these things were often lost on him, even Cedric couldn’t miss the upward trend in tension over time. He blinked, watching everyone else's interactions -- or their deliberate attempts to avoid certain interactions -- with a particular sense of wonder -- the same kind that one got upon seeing flashing red lights or hearing siren calls. Just earlier, the British woman -- Londoner, as her accent had placed her -- rushed upstairs after a curious scene spurred on by Jaime.

‘Philadelphia,’ Cedric decided, seemingly oblivious to everything else that was going on around him. He was looking at Kentin, any and all references in the latter’s introduction completely lost on him. If anything, he took Kentin's words as a challenge and not as a joke. ‘Your accent places you somewhere in the Mid-Atlantic, either Baltimore or Philadelphia. The latter is statistically more likely given its larger population.’ Perhaps he would’ve been more conclusive given more data, but for now Cedric knew as much that this growing tension would be a pain to deal with over the summer -- unless he did something about it. Anything. ‘Am I correct?’

apolla apolla AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

Last edited:

♥​

CamGigandettg_sized.jpg
Blue dove.

Kenny had to stop himself from flinching. He hadn’t heard the nickname in so long, he’d almost forgotten it, along with Adonis… the stage name he’d abandoned with his previous occupation. Nicknames had great power over him, it seemed. So he’d shed just about all of them, leaving only the shortening (or, rather, the simplifying) of his given name.

By the time he’d composed himself, Winter had turned to the rich guy who’d entered just behind him. Typical. Pretty girl going for the rich boy. Why would they go for the obviously sexier poor boy? Whatever. It wasn’t like he cared.

At this point, Kenny was ready to follow the example of the girl who’d faced down Rich Boy. He was sorely tempted to ask her where she’d gotten such fire, when she’d seemed like a turtle a moment before. But that would have to wait for later; right now, a nap sounded good. Really good.

That is, until the smart-looking guy actually dared to guess where he was from.

Quirking his eyebrow, Kenny gave the guy a once-over. Reasonably handsome. Probably a little too aloof and smart for his taste, though. Still, it was amusing that he’d actually tried to guess his birthplace.

A wicked grin spread across his face.

“You, my good man, are indeed correct. However, simply saying I’m from Philadelphia is not the entire story. The true story is…”

I wonder if Winter remembers this part.

I wonder if Mom’s laughing up in Heaven right now.

“IN WEST PHILADELPHIA, BORN AND RAISED
ON A PLAYGROUND WHERE I SPENT MOST OF MY DAYS
CHILLIN’ OUT MAXIN’ RELAXIN’ ALL COOL
SHOOTING SOME B-BALL OUTSIDE THE SCHOOL…”

Hm. That was probably enough. He shouldn’t give the entire house a heart attack just because his mother had loved The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air a little too much. Clever Glasses was quite possibly regretting starting this conversation.

“As I said, I haven’t perfected my Will Smith impression, but that’s the best you’re going to get.” Kenny was all smiles now, all thoughts of painful memories and nicknames and Winter gone from his mind.

Interactions: Cedric | Tags: Generic Brooding Antihero Generic Brooding Antihero Ridge Ridge lavendre lavendre Rysesaka Rysesaka | Outfit: This

code by pasta

Leah Harling
Leah watched the dramatic scene unfold before her eyes, but before anyone could say anything to the accented girl, she fled upstairs. Leah couldn't really say she blamed her; this entire thing was pretty awkward for most of them, it seemed. What made it even worse was to think about the fact that they were all being recorded right now, for the entire nation to watch. The thought was almost laughable.

Bryce's voice caught her attention, she she looked away from the stairs to her ex, a small smirk appearing on her lips. "You can't say you don't remember how I pack." She told him, her voice light. She was practiced in uncomfortable situations, though that didn't help the anxiety in her stomach. "That'd be lovely." She added, a silent thank you following. Moving towards her things, she picked up a few of the bags, glancing up at Bryce. "We might need to make two trips." She stated, a small laugh following the statement.

Straightening, she headed for the stairs and then up them, hearing Zahra in one of the rooms. She headed for her own, spotting her name on the door, along with Bryce's. "Oh." Was all she said, nudging open the door with her hip and stepping inside, glancing between the two beds before claiming the one by the window. She thought she heard Bryce behind her, but she didn't turn around to look.

Mood: is he behind me?

Tags: Bryce ( Generic Brooding Antihero Generic Brooding Antihero ); Zahra ( lavendre lavendre )

023-Summer-Outfit.jpg

Code by apolla apolla

-hover-
[/div]

[/div][/div][/div][div class=fyuri11parent][div class=fyuri11content]Before Winger could say anything back to the guy she’d decided to talk to another girl had made her way towards them. The tension could be cut with a piece of string, if anyone had any. Suddenly apolgies began to fly through the air and all Winter could do was roll her eyes. She was never really one to apologise, perhaps this experience would change that however. Sneaking away as the two spoke she began scowerinf the houses archeture, it was pretty to say the least.

It didn’t take long to be distracted however when he past lover began his silly little gimmick. Her body tensed slightly, she never enjoyed it when he introduced himself like that. “When that ever cease to exist?” She stopped herself for a moment, before sighing. Picking up her bag from the front door she made her way over to the stairs. Slowly she towered then before seeing her room. Flopping down into the bed her eyes closed, this was one by adventure. AnimeGenork AnimeGenork Rysesaka Rysesaka [/div][/div][/div][div class=fyuri11credit]code/design by Fable Fable [/div]

Bryce & Cedric

BRYCE_AND_CED.png

‘Some things never change, eh?’ Bryce sighed, a quiet grunt escaping his lips as he lifted two of Leah’s bags. ‘Goodness, you sure you didn’t bring half of Manhattan with ya?’ His own duffle was attached to a strap slung over his shoulder, and with three bags in tow he hurried behind Leah, occasionally hitting drywall and the stairs’ balusters as he went. If he had his way, he would have wanted to get everything over with in one trip, though that would entail handling Leah’s things just a bit more roughly than he already was. No, ma’am. No, thanks. After all, the point of this show was to get back on her good side (or something), wasn’t it?

At the sound of her voice, he snapped back to reality, stopping just behind Leah. Bryce was about to make the exact same noise, too, but his own face had beaten him to a reaction -- all cheeky grins and lit-up blue eyes. Not a second later, he remembered the cameras, finding one that must have captured his expression in full view. Bryce looked at the camera, shrugging, cheeks feeling warmer than he remembered. ‘Hey, it could be worse. There could be bunk beds waiting for us inside.’ He chuckled. ‘Ladies’ first.’

Intuition -- what little he had of it, anyway -- told Cedric that he was supposed to watch Kentin’s impromptu performance with horror, but without the proper context, he was only left with confusion. Bryce and Leah had both gone upstairs, and when Cedric turned to the white-haired girl -- what did she say her name was again? -- she was already well on her way to the bedrooms as well.

Cedric let the silence linger between him and Kentin, waiting for an explanation that never came -- or if it did, it simply flew over his head. Will Smith was an actor -- Cedric at least knew that -- but he wasn’t familiar with any of his work. Of course, he wasn’t about to admit any references slipped by him, either. That involved admitting he didn’t know something.

‘Did you get the right address? The Voice studio is just down the street.’ He blinked, his tone (or lack thereof) not giving himself away. It was only a few moments later that he finally forced a close-lipped smile -- one needed to do that, apparently, to reassure others that one was simply joking. ‘Just don’t expect me to sing California Dreamin’ when I tell you I’m from Los Angeles. My contract on the show has a strict “no singing or dancing” clause.’

apolla apolla AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

Leah Harling
Leah trailed a finger over one of the bags she set on the bed, lifting her gaze to Bryce's as he followed her inside. Removing the straps from her shoulder, she shrugged one shoulder. "Only a quarter of Manhattan, promise." A small smile toyed at her lips as she stared at him, remembering how much she'd loved him all those years ago. It felt like just yesterday, but on the same token, it felt like ages ago. She wasn't exactly sure how she felt about being so close to him. Part of her wanted to kiss him; part of her wanted to slap him.

It wasn't his fault, really. He hadn't been able to deal with her life being so much in the spotlight. Almost everything she did was watched, judged even. He was such a live in the moment type of guy, and she had to carefully plan out her life. Their breakup was messy beyond belief. It was in the papers, on the TV. Her family was well known, and though they might not have been story #1, her face was there which meant his was too. She felt bad, but how was she supposed to live? That life was all she knew.

Realizing she'd gotten lost in her thoughts, she cleared her thought and turned away from him. "I think I want to go swimming."

Mood: swimmy swim?

Tags: Bryce ( Generic Brooding Antihero Generic Brooding Antihero )

023-Summer-Outfit.jpg

Code by apolla apolla

♥​

CamGigandettg_sized.jpg
Kenny could have been mistaken, but it seemed as if maybe Clever Glasses did not fully get his dance. Winter had definitely noticed—she’d never been too fond of his little dance routine. Considering his past profession, however, it wasn’t like the ridiculousness had ever fully left his blood. That was what happened when you followed in your mother’s dance steps.

But no, Clever Glasses’ response was more entertaining than anything he could have ever imagined. Kenny couldn’t stop the grin that bloomed across his face as he laughed. “You’re a funny one. If only you didn’t have that clause in your contract—I’d ask you later to sing me some ‘California Dreamin’’. I suppose that will have to wait until this show is over, then.

Running a hand through his hair and looking at the guy again, he asked, “I don’t think I ever caught your name. Anyone who thinks I could make it on The Voice is okay in my book. I’m sure your name sounds smarter than mine, though. Just like your face looks smarter than mine—then again, my sex appeal is what makes me so lovable.”

Something occurred to him then, and he glanced over his shoulder. “Didn’t someone say at one point that there was a pool? I could use a good swim. Might as well let the rest of the house know how hot I am—of course, a certain beauty here already knew…” He’d definitely have to go dive in that pool. Maybe when the sun hit his shiny wet hair and glistening abs, Winter would realize what a mistake it had been to ever let him go. Or flirt with someone else right in front of him.

Wow, he was really bad at not caring.

Interactions: Cedric | Tags: Generic Brooding Antihero Generic Brooding Antihero Ridge Ridge | Outfit: This

code by pasta

Users who are viewing this thread

Back