• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic (Social) OOC

Which Stories Are You Most Interested In?

• The Formation of Guild "Week"

• The Rise of the Group "PK Fire"

• The Circumstances of the Accused

• The Secrets of the Blackland

Results are only viewable after voting.
We’ll see about that. I actually was concerned about that at first, but now I think I have a plan for countering those types of situations XD I look forward to not getting completely obliterated in the future :P

Thanks, Quirk, excellent info as usual :3

I might actually start as a lower level character just for story reasons, but I’ll see what my options are and decide from there. 1500 doesn’t seem like a lot to work with if you’re making a higher level character anyway, since they would have most likely accrued some more resources over the time they’ve taken to level up to, say, level 15.

I was actually thinking about running the same Zombie Build, but it looks like I was beaten to it, so I have a few other ideas in mind that are equally as intriguing to me :3

Talking about skills, how do they work in a combat scenario? I’m assuming you obviously have to state what skill you’re using in the post, do they take the place of a normal attack that round or can you do one of each (an attack and a skill)? And if you use a skill, it seems like they just happen as long as you can pay the cost, do you still do opposed rolls against your target if you’re trying to hit them or does it just automatically connect because that’s how the “game world” works?

Sorry I’m asking so many probably dumb questions, I’m just trying to fully understand the world before I jump in so I have some idea of where I’m going and what direction I want to take my character over time XD
Lol. This is what I'm waiting for. The Satellizer was the OG class. The first one created. It has a reputation to keep-up. Don't let Codebreakers down.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
Thank you very much. All characters get 3500* Kirito though, not 1500.
index.jpe

Memo gotten, thanks :3

Okay, so there’s not a “Auto attack” move that you can use to just roll your dice against theirs and not use a skill for it? Like if these characters have weapons and such, what’s the protocol for just “I Hit him over the head with my sword... and my bow... and MY AXE”? Because some of the classes don’t have that many readily available skills if they’re just starting out, you’re saying there’s no option to attack or take action unless it has a skill accompanying it?

I guess I’m trying to figure out how this works so I don’t end up dead before we even begin :P so if I roll a skill that does damage, do they take the damage from the skill itself plus the damage of my roll being higher (if it is higher)? If you’re out of PP/CDR and can’t use any skills (or don’t have any skills that do damage acquired). are you just a helpless sitting duck or is there a few default basic actions you can take to blow a turn, charge back up, and maybe get lucky on a simple hit? It just seems kinda silly to me to use Pokémon logic of “if it’s not an ability, you can’t do anything” when I might want my character to just go “I cast FIST!” XD

I think what she means to say is most skills can only be used in combat. If Full Coding could be used outside of combat, my Trojan would be very happy. You can definitely roll the dice without using a skill. Been done plenty of times in part 1.

Taking dmg twice depends on which skill you're talking about. The satellizer's 1st ex skill, stacks dmg on top of a winning roll, so yes. Same with many Pwn Star skills like Wombo Combo and Encore. However, with skills like Astral Finish that don't specify a roll, then no. Skills that modify rolls don't either. Also important to note, that if you don't roll against an opponent that rolls against you then your roll is assumed to be a zero and the dmg goes straight through. Starlight snipe prevents the target from rolling against the user while the user rolls and is pretty much auto dmg. This actually raises another question of whether using skills like Astral Finish leaves an opening for opponents to exploit, since Astral Finish is an attack skill and you're only allowed 1 attack per round...but im going to leave that for White Masquerade White Masquerade to decide because im not quite sure myself =/

K's desire to obliterate us all is truly terrifying.

giphy.gif

I think what she means to say is most skills can only be used in combat. If Full Coding could be used outside of combat, my Trojan would be very happy. You can definitely roll the dice without using a skill. Been done plenty of times in part 1.

Taking dmg twice depends on which skill you're talking about. The satellizer's 1st ex skill, stacks dmg on top of a winning roll, so yes. Same with many Pwn Star skills like Wombo Combo and Encore. However, with skills like Astral Finish that don't specify a roll, then no. Skills that modify rolls don't either. Also important to note, that if you don't roll against an opponent that rolls against you then your roll is assumed to be a zero and the dmg goes straight through. Starlight snipe prevents the target from rolling against the user while the user rolls and is pretty much auto dmg. This actually raises another question of whether using skills like Astral Finish leaves an opening for opponents to exploit, since Astral Finish is an attack skill and you're only allowed 1 attack per round...but im going to leave that for White Masquerade White Masquerade to decide because im not quite sure myself =/

K's desire to obliterate us all is truly terrifying.
It's one attack per round, but there's no limit on defending yourself.

Stickdom Stickdom
There is an auto-attack. It's just rolling your Prowess and Agility without a skill. Some people don't do that but prefer to focus on skills since they come with effects.

It's one attack per round, but there's no limit on defending yourself.

Stickdom Stickdom
There is an auto-attack. It's just rolling your Prowess and Agility without a skill. Some people don't do that but prefer to focus on skills since they come with effects.

Thanks. I was actually thinking about making a build that focused on maximizing auto attacks, I think I have some pretty good ideas :3

Now you said, there’s no limit on defending, but only one attack, what about support skills such as healing skills or utility moves? Any limit on those?

Thanks. I was actually thinking about making a build that focused on maximizing auto attacks, I think I have some pretty good ideas :3

Now you said, there’s no limit on defending, but only one attack, what about support skills such as healing skills or utility moves? Any limit on those?
No, no limits. If they're spammed, the person will likely have no pp/whatever it costs to use so it checks itself.

You better be sure before you submit your PC.

I’ll be PMing you shortly once I get off of work for the night, I have some questions about some certain skills and how to use them that could make or break my character concept, so I’ll ask them in private before putting it together :P

I’ll be PMing you shortly once I get off of work for the night, I have some questions about some certain skills and how to use them that could make or break my character concept, so I’ll ask them in private before putting it together :P
Sure thing, go for it.

I thought I was already on your 'to watch' list? Also, I don't understand your criteria lol
The first time was because you ask a lot of questions. The second is because you're showing off some knowledge. You're in a different category now.

Lmao. Is this not an RP like that already? Is there another level? Also, I completely forgot about the runway! Ahahahaha! Soon, soon. I'm doing PKFire NPC now.

It's okay. I don't understand her criteria either and I've been with her through many rps.
You know very well what you do. I still have to repay you. I'm always looking for the ideal opportunity to enjoy returning your favors.

*plants White a tree*

Of course!

SmoothCarefulHedgehog-small.gif

My child will just be sitting in the npc slot, counting the times people say her name, and possibly selling players some cheap refined weapons. Nothing nefarious in the least.​
Like the last thing on the list replaces the prior 52.

Does it? She just likes helping people out and making money in the process. A +6 PROW extendo might help some of the lower PROW characters balance their stats a bit^^
Haha, I wonder what goes through your head? I hope your plans work out how you envision. I hope Jinx doesn't get snatched into the wild. I hope the Codebreakers turn out to be the heroes we envision.

White Masquerade White Masquerade QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Lucem Lucem
Why haven't you booked your airship tickets for Eorzea?

I'll bite. What can I get in Eorzea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back