• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic (Social) OOC

Which Stories Are You Most Interested In?

• The Formation of Guild "Week"

• The Rise of the Group "PK Fire"

• The Circumstances of the Accused

• The Secrets of the Blackland

Results are only viewable after voting.
Time to test the structure. Go to the Summary link of the RP and it should tell you the gist of what's gone on. The skills and classes for the RP are in the MECHANICS link. You will like them. I found it hard to choose one to settle on. They're all good in their own way. Except Trojans.

So he's the most powerful being in this universe?

I like that quote from Spartacus. They have a good writing staff for this game.

Damn, Gas got me, I'm so sorry. I meant to tag Gas, not you.

How and why did you know that?

*Doesn’t even look at the classes, just blind picks Trojans*

How and why did you know that?
While I was down in one of Youtube's rabbit holes, I watched some videos about legendarily beautiful men and women in Chinese history and they talked a bit about the Prince of Lanling. (His story ends in tragedy -- typical paranoid emperor). Apparently there's also a drama about him, but I haven't watched it.

I'll be honest, I stopped playing FGO and have no idea who he is. My best guess is some kind of high ranking Chinese eunuch since his beauty seems to be emphasized, though he's riding a horse so I don't know...
LOL I wasn't aware that eunuchs were perceived to be stereotypically beautiful. Many of them are portrayed as old man villains in historical dramas (probably because the most infamous ones end up stirring up factional discord and accepting bribes --> government corruption). The Prince of Lanling was actually a high-ranking general of royal lineage, but he was killed because the emperor thought he was too capable and was afraid that he was planning to usurp the throne.

White Masquerade White Masquerade I actually am looking over the classes here, I noticed a balancing issue that might be intentional but I thought I’d bring it up anyway.

The “Perfection” ability of the Deviant Artist class actually gets weaker as you level the character up, because their class is all about topping out their maximum roll, the higher the number, the less chance they have of it actually succeeding since they are constantly raising their non-max numbers and the law of percentages is actually making the chances of them rolling max less and less. Perhaps altering it to a range instead, such as “max number” -> “Within 1 of max number” -> “Within 2”, etc. the issue with that is you could potentially abuse it if you can somehow keep your max number low and consistently roll one-hit kills. Maybe expending additional PP to raise the range by a certain amount? Like “spend 5/4/3/2 pp for each point added to the range limit, up to X max”. I know you’ve probably fine-tuned all of these multiple times, so I’m not expecting you to actually take action on a random discovery I made in my reading, just thought I’d bring up a potential reason why that class/ability is less useful than it may seem XD

Also, Edge Lord+‘s ability “AntiBody II” and “AntiBody III” are exactly the same text, dunno if you missed an upgrade there or not XD

LOL I wasn't aware that eunuchs were perceived to be stereotypically beautiful. Many of them are portrayed as old man villains in historical dramas (probably because the most infamous ones end up stirring up factional discord and accepting bribes --> government corruption). The Prince of Lanling was actually a high-ranking general of royal lineage, but he was killed because the emperor thought he was too capable and was afraid that he was planning to usurp the throne.

*shrug* I tied castration with lack of masculinity, thereby indirectly more feminine, though I could be wrong in how they are portrayed appearance-wise. I don't watch a lot of historical dramas :P

I pity the Prince of Langling. He sounds like a swell guy.

*shrug* I tied castration with lack of masculinity, thereby indirectly more feminine, though I could be wrong in how they are portrayed appearance-wise. I don't watch a lot of historical dramas :P
I guess that line of thinking makes sense. I don't watch them often either, but it's just stuff I picked up since my family does ^^;

There are some great ones out there though: I really liked Nirvana in Fire (it only utilizes the feel of the setting with everything else being fictional, so you don't need to know anything going in), which is sort of a Count of Monte Cristo-esque revenge plot with political intrigue and action. But I say sort of because it's more about righting a wrong rather than revenge for revenge's sake.

(Don't know if any of you would be interested in watching it, but I'm plugging it shamelessly anyway because it's that good :closedeyessmile:)

I pity the Prince of Langling. He sounds like a swell guy.
All of history is probably littered with the bodies of swell guys, sadly :(

*Doesn’t even look at the classes, just blind picks Trojans*
Of course you would, you dirty ninja.

hosaki hosaki
Well damn. You are...more capable than I thought. I have to watch you.

White Masquerade White Masquerade I actually am looking over the classes here, I noticed a balancing issue that might be intentional but I thought I’d bring it up anyway.

The “Perfection” ability of the Deviant Artist class actually gets weaker as you level the character up, because their class is all about topping out their maximum roll, the higher the number, the less chance they have of it actually succeeding since they are constantly raising their non-max numbers and the law of percentages is actually making the chances of them rolling max less and less. Perhaps altering it to a range instead, such as “max number” -> “Within 1 of max number” -> “Within 2”, etc. the issue with that is you could potentially abuse it if you can somehow keep your max number low and consistently roll one-hit kills. Maybe expending additional PP to raise the range by a certain amount? Like “spend 5/4/3/2 pp for each point added to the range limit, up to X max”. I know you’ve probably fine-tuned all of these multiple times, so I’m not expecting you to actually take action on a random discovery I made in my reading, just thought I’d bring up a potential reason why that class/ability is less useful than it may seem XD

Also, Edge Lord+‘s ability “AntiBody II” and “AntiBody III” are exactly the same text, dunno if you missed an upgrade there or not XD
AH, I love critiques. Thank you.

Yes, Perfection getting weaker as you level up is intentional. My hope was that some eager people would not realize it and get caught in the trap. However, all things said, it is still useful skill in the early game.

Thank you pointing out the bit over Antibody. I will correct tat.

Stickdom Stickdom
What did you decide on picking anyway and why? I'm curious. I'm thinking you'd go Internet Explorer.

I’m actually doing some number crunching and seeing what gets used the most. So far, I’ve formulated that by far, most of the characters already made are focusing on CDR-centered builds, or at least that’s the most popular right now, not just with Trojans either. I always do like to play more of support classes,so IE is a tempting choice, though I was actually considering a Fashionista just to make things interesting xD absolutely no one wants to play a Pwn Star, and after looking it over, it’s really not a balanced class. It’s not that it’s weak, it’s actually pretty strong, it’s just kinda boring in its skill set and doesn’t seem like all that much fun to play, it’s basically “no u” turned into a class xD

I also ran into this coding nightmare at the bottom of the Summary page, although I’m pretty sure it has to do with the fact that I’m on mobile. I’ll leave that one in your “Territoy” :P
C1262162-0CF2-4A11-907E-4635431FC4CC.png

Arcade cabinet.

Wow. Do you still go to and play arcade games? =P. That would be interesting, lol.

I’m actually doing some number crunching and seeing what gets used the most. So far, I’ve formulated that by far, most of the characters already made are focusing on CDR-centered builds, or at least that’s the most popular right now, not just with Trojans either. I always do like to play more of support classes,so IE is a tempting choice, though I was actually considering a Fashionista just to make things interesting xD absolutely no one wants to play a Pwn Star, and after looking it over, it’s really not a balanced class. It’s not that it’s weak, it’s actually pretty strong, it’s just kinda boring in its skill set and doesn’t seem like all that much fun to play, it’s basically “no u” turned into a class xD
I'll have you know I almost chose the Pwn Star class. They are totally great and If I ever get a chance to prove it, everyone will be sorry.

Lol. As for the Territoy, it's a long story. Basically, that "pretty" summary is not meant for mobile.

Wow. Do you still go to and play arcade games? =P. That would be interesting, lol.

I'll have you know I almost chose the Pwn Star class. They are totally great and If I ever get a chance to prove it, everyone will be sorry.

Lol. As for the Territoy, it's a long story. Basically, that "pretty" summary is not meant for mobile.

Lol, I don’t doubt that it’s an effective class, it just seems to be so baseline compared to some of the things the other classes are capable of. Looking at the stats for it, it’s certainly powerful, it’s got the skills to counter a lot of hits and nuke most other classes, it just seems so vanilla as far as style XD

A few questions before I make any final decisions in character and class:
First off, where’s the armory/shop menu? I’m not sure where you’re keeping all the cool gear, but I’d like to see what’s available and for how much so I can have an idea of what’s out there for my character to use in time. I know some kit is only available with certain amounts of a stat, so planning that out a bit ahead of time is something I’m totally into XD

Speaking of stats, how does leveling up work? I know each class has their bonus stats, do you just get a bonus stat point to allocate to any of your stats each level or something? I looked all through the Mechanics page and didn’t find anything relating to the actual level-up process. I noticed a lot of characters already made that are high(er) levels, about level 15 seems to be the max so far, and a lot of them only have 4 or 5 HP and pretty low dice rolls all the way around. It seems like anyone with a few extra points in Prowess can just point-blank annihilate these guys if they get even an average roll because their potential for higher damage is so... high. Am I missing something that keeps people from just getting nuked to nothing? Or do you just have to pray to RNGesus that you can survive long enough to get a useful ability out and not die instantly?

And how adaptable are the classes’ skills to be used outside of their “intended purpose”, like what’s the limit on using them creatively for other things besides just combat? For example, Internet Explorer’s Bookmark skill, it says you can mark a location or a person and hop to it whenever you want to. Can you mark something at a sight distance or do you have to physically touch it to place your mark? What about tagging an object or a “location” on that object so you can follow it around, say if you lose it or someone takes it from you? And if so, can you call that object to you? I know people can win items from you if they kill you, so maybe you lose the mark because it’s not “your” object anymore, but it could make for some interesting playstyles and abilities otherwise.

And this is all hypothetical anyway with just one skill I thought was notable being used as one example, there’s lots of other ways to use other abilities from all of the classes, I guess I’m just wondering how much creativity with how they’re used is rewarded and how closely they have to stay to verbatim in order to keep things fair.

And how adaptable are the classes’ skills to be used outside of their “intended purpose”, like what’s the limit on using them creatively for other things besides just combat? For example, Internet Explorer’s Bookmark skill, it says you can mark a location or a person and hop to it whenever you want to. Can you mark something at a sight distance or do you have to physically touch it to place your mark? What about tagging an object or a “location” on that object so you can follow it around, say if you lose it or someone takes it from you? And if so, can you call that object to you? I know people can win items from you if they kill you, so maybe you lose the mark because it’s not “your” object anymore, but it could make for some interesting playstyles and abilities otherwise.

And this is all hypothetical anyway with just one skill I thought was notable being used as one example, there’s lots of other ways to use other abilities from all of the classes, I guess I’m just wondering how much creativity with how they’re used is rewarded and how closely they have to stay to verbatim in order to keep things fair.
asking too many questions. you will be crushed by satellite-bound death regardless

Lucem Lucem The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit

>Q: "I got the gist of it." "This'll tickle a bit." "Onore Dikeido." Which of Tsukasa's catchphrases is your favorite?
>Masahiro: ...Okay, first off, 'onore Dikeido' isn't one of Tsukasa's catchphrases!

>Masahiro: Well, when I first heard Zi-O's setting, I thought, "...Huh. This sounds kinda familiar somehow."

>Q: What were your thoughts when you saw Kamen Rider Zi-O for the first time?
>Masahiro: .......He's got letters in his eyes.

>Q: When KamenRiding, which Rider are you most inclined towards?
>Masahiro: Well, see, I keep hearing about Ryuki on Twitter and such, so... Yeah, that's definitely interesting, but... I actually like Kabuto. I mean, he's got super speed and stuff so.

>Q: How much of Kamen Rider have you seen?
>Masahiro: Well, I haven't seen anything after Decade.

>Q: Why did the Decadriver change colors?
>Masahiro: Bills.

>Q: Among the 9 Worlds (as well as the World of Nega and beyond), which world is your favorite? Also, were you able to eat sea cucumbers?
>Masahiro: Hmm, I haven't eaten any sea cucumbers, but, let's see, which world was my favorite...? Well the very first world, the World of Kuuga, is most fresh in my mind. Mm. It was the first, after all.

>Q: After returning to the Decade role after so long, have you ever thought to yourself that he's pretty similar to Jinga at times?
>Masahiro: Yeah, somehow, he's become more villainous so he has a lot of villainous-sounding lines, you know? This time's Tsukasa, that is. Probably shouldn't say too much, though. Please watch and enjoy it for yourselves.

>Q: What was the hardest thing about directing Fang of God Ep.9?
>Masahiro: Well, see, since it's Tsukasa, it's hard just holding the camera steady.
>Daisuke: (laughing) Tsukasa, huh?
>Masahiro: Yeah, the one who directed Fang of God Ep.9 was Tsukasa, okay?

>Q: This time, it seems that Decade can transform into Heisei Phase 2 Riders as well, so what Rider transformations do you personally want to see?
>Masahiro: Well, among them, isn't there a guy who can turn invincible? So I wanna see him KamenRide into Ex-Aid's Muteki form, then use Decade's Illusion to create copies, then use Invisible to turn invisible, and then use Kabuto's Clock Up. (laugh)

>Q: How many episodes of Zi-O are you doing?
>Masahiro: So far I’m slated for 9 episodes, but you never know. Decade passes through whenever he pleases, as do I.

>Q: Decade and Zi-O are both being billed as the “Strongest Rider”. Who’s the stronger of the two?
>Masahiro: Me obviously. No evil overlord is a match for me! (Hahaha) He’s going to get a trashing he won’t ever forget.

>Q: Will we get to see Decade KamenRide into other Heisei Phase 2 Riders? We know he’s gonna use Build, but the rest?
>Masahiro: I don’t wanna spoil anything, but I think Drive, Double, Wizard are pretty cool. Especially Drive. I did turn into Drive before, you know?

>Q: How’s it like working with a different suit actor as Decade, since Takaiwa’s playing Zi-O? Did you and Takaiwa get to catch up?
>Masahiro: It wasn’t that odd since Decade’s been played by other guys already prior to this, so yeah. When I first saw Takaiwa again, I was like, “You sure bulked up huh?” (Laugh)

>Q: Fans have been saying that they want Decade to be a recurring role in Zi-O. Would you do it for the fans?
>Masahiro: It’s great to know that Decade’s still so popular 10 years on. Feels kinda bad for the new guy though! Like, he should get a chance to shine. But yes, I’d do anything for the fans.

>Q: Jinga or Decade?
>Masahiro: Aren’t they the same guy...?

>Q: You bleached your hair for Jinga, and then recolored it for Zi-O. Aren’t you worried about your hair’s health?
>Masahiro: What’s the worst that could happen? I’m sure the fans wouldn’t mind a bald Tsukasa. (laughs) That’s a small price to pay, and I’ve still got enough hair to go around!

>Q: Let’s talk about fashion sense. Jinga or Decade?
>Masahiro: They’ve got great fashion because of me. (laughs) Jinga’s stylish in an omnious gothic funeral way. Tsukasa on the other hand... depends on which World he’s in, I guess.

>Q: Yeah, but which is your favorite Tsukasa outfit?
>Masahiro: Probably the one from Wizard’s crossover. That’s literally just my own outfit from home!

>Q: Speaking of Wizard - how did your appearance come about? It seemed somewhat out of left field.
>Masahiro: That’s a funny story. Originally the cameo “Legend” Rider was supposed to be... Fourze, I think. But they couldn’t get the guy back, and I happened to be hanging around the studio so...

>Q: Just “hanging around the studio”...?
>Masahiro: (laughs) You know what I mean! They asked if I’m keen to appear as Tsukasa, and the rest is history.

1543603377500.png
Ryotaro in HSF.​

Last edited:
First off, where’s the armory/shop menu? I’m not sure where you’re keeping all the cool gear, but I’d like to see what’s available and for how much so I can have an idea of what’s out there for my character to use in time. I know some kit is only available with certain amounts of a stat, so planning that out a bit ahead of time is something I’m totally into XD

Speaking of stats, how does leveling up work? I know each class has their bonus stats, do you just get a bonus stat point to allocate to any of your stats each level or something? I looked all through the Mechanics page and didn’t find anything relating to the actual level-up process. I noticed a lot of characters already made that are high(er) levels, about level 15 seems to be the max so far, and a lot of them only have 4 or 5 HP and pretty low dice rolls all the way around. It seems like anyone with a few extra points in Prowess can just point-blank annihilate these guys if they get even an average roll because their potential for higher damage is so... high. Am I missing something that keeps people from just getting nuked to nothing? Or do you just have to pray to RNGesus that you can survive long enough to get a useful ability out and not die instantly?

The Code Academy shop is located in the Main Thread: Zone A in the Ruined Library.

Leveling up works by completing quests and/or defeating monsters/npcs. There isn't an exp bar or anything, so I assume White is just awarding lvls based on the difficulty of the quest and what seems reasonable. At least, that was my take from Part 1. Part 2 starts at Floor 10, so new characters can start at lvl 15. I mean, they can start lower if they want...but I don't see why they would. Characters returning from Part 1 gain 10 lvls from where they left off in Part 1 (though I'm sure White wouldn't mind letting them start at the baseline lvl 15 either, so they can start using the new plus skills). All characters start off with 1500 kirito. Returning characters may have a bit more, since they keep what they gained in Part 1

The characters with low hp and low prow are likely banking on their skills to run them through...though I can't be sure. I know Azure Sky Azure Sky is running a zombie build that gets stronger with each death and keeps coming back for more.

asking too many questions. you will be crushed by satellite-bound death regardless

We’ll see about that. I actually was concerned about that at first, but now I think I have a plan for countering those types of situations XD I look forward to not getting completely obliterated in the future :P

The Code Academy shop is located in the Main Thread: Zone A in the Ruined Library.

Leveling up works by completing quests and/or defeating monsters/npcs. There isn't an exp bar or anything, so I assume White is just awarding lvls based on the difficulty of the quest and what seems reasonable. At least, that was my take from Part 1. Part 2 starts at Floor 10, so new characters can start at lvl 15. I mean, they can start lower if they want...but I don't see why they would. Characters returning from Part 1 gain 10 lvls from where they left off in Part 1 (though I'm sure White wouldn't mind letting them start at the baseline lvl 15 either, so they can start using the new plus skills). All characters start off with 1500 kirito. Returning characters may have a bit more, since they keep what they gained in Part 1

The characters with low hp and low prow are likely banking on their skills to run them through...though I can't be sure. I know Azure Sky Azure Sky is running a zombie build that gets stronger with each death and keeps coming back for more.

Thanks, Quirk, excellent info as usual :3

I might actually start as a lower level character just for story reasons, but I’ll see what my options are and decide from there. 1500 doesn’t seem like a lot to work with if you’re making a higher level character anyway, since they would have most likely accrued some more resources over the time they’ve taken to level up to, say, level 15.

I was actually thinking about running the same Zombie Build, but it looks like I was beaten to it, so I have a few other ideas in mind that are equally as intriguing to me :3

Talking about skills, how do they work in a combat scenario? I’m assuming you obviously have to state what skill you’re using in the post, do they take the place of a normal attack that round or can you do one of each (an attack and a skill)? And if you use a skill, it seems like they just happen as long as you can pay the cost, do you still do opposed rolls against your target if you’re trying to hit them or does it just automatically connect because that’s how the “game world” works?

Sorry I’m asking so many probably dumb questions, I’m just trying to fully understand the world before I jump in so I have some idea of where I’m going and what direction I want to take my character over time XD

Last edited:
Talking about skills, how do they work in a combat scenario? I’m assuming you obviously have to state what skill you’re using in the post, do they take the place of a normal attack that round or can you do one of each (an attack and a skill)? And if you use a skill, it seems like they just happen as long as you can pay the cost, do you still do opposed rolls against your target if you’re trying to hit them or does it just automatically connect because that’s how the “game world” works?

As I understand it, you can have one attack (either roll or skill) per round (many skills actually involve rolls, so I'm assuming you mean the direct dmg ones). Non-attack skills can be spammed as many times as you can pay the cost. Though, tbh, there haven't been enough combat scenarios for me to say for certain that's how it goes. In part 1, players weren't really at the lvl where they could spam skills.

Last edited:
Lol, I don’t doubt that it’s an effective class, it just seems to be so baseline compared to some of the things the other classes are capable of. Looking at the stats for it, it’s certainly powerful, it’s got the skills to counter a lot of hits and nuke most other classes, it just seems so vanilla as far as style XD

In addition to the class bonuses, you get 1 free skill point each level to spend where you want. As for the Low HP characters, it's really how you prioritize your strengths and abilities. Some people go high stats in some way, some people go weapons/items, and some people go skills. No one besides myself has really EXPLORED the combat system, so everyone is going with skills. I haven't used any quirky monster enemies either (as I will in Part 2), so who knows what strategy will be effective? It's up to how you like to play and pray.

As for skills usable outside of combat, the Bookmark skill is one of the few. All combat is done by skills, but you can be creative in how you portray them. Ice, Lightning, Fire, Gravity, Ink- you can decorate the skills how you prefer as long as they have the same effect written. Some players just opt to go with what the skills say and not embellish them. Up to you.

My mistake. It's been too long since I've looked at my character, I'd forgotten.

Stickdom Stickdom
Just making sure you got the memo.
Lol, that's fine. 75% done here. I only need to finish the PKFIRE villains to start, but filling out all of Guild Week's profiles is tempting. I love them so much.

Lol, that's fine. 75% done here. I only need to finish the PKFIRE villains to start, but filling out all of Guild Week's profiles is tempting. I love them so much.

One final push for the last 25%, White. You can do it.

Guild Week sounds like they'll be fun. Though, if you like them so much, I don't know how much I will.

My mistake. It's been too long since I've looked at my character, I'd forgotten.

Stickdom Stickdom
Just making sure you got the memo.

Memo gotten, thanks :3

In addition to the class bonuses, you get 1 free skill point each level to spend where you want. As for the Low HP characters, it's really how you prioritize your strengths and abilities. Some people go high stats in some way, some people go weapons/items, and some people go skills. No one besides myself has really EXPLORED the combat system, so everyone is going with skills. I haven't used any quirky monster enemies either (as I will in Part 2), so who knows what strategy will be effective? It's up to how you like to play and pray.

As for skills usable outside of combat, the Bookmark skill is one of the few. All combat is done by skills, but you can be creative in how you portray them. Ice, Lightning, Fire, Gravity, Ink- you can decorate the skills how you prefer as long as they have the same effect written. Some players just opt to go with what the skills say and not embellish them. Up to you.

Okay, so there’s not a “Auto attack” move that you can use to just roll your dice against theirs and not use a skill for it? Like if these characters have weapons and such, what’s the protocol for just “I Hit him over the head with my sword... and my bow... and MY AXE”? Because some of the classes don’t have that many readily available skills if they’re just starting out, you’re saying there’s no option to attack or take action unless it has a skill accompanying it?

I guess I’m trying to figure out how this works so I don’t end up dead before we even begin :P so if I roll a skill that does damage, do they take the damage from the skill itself plus the damage of my roll being higher (if it is higher)? If you’re out of PP/CDR and can’t use any skills (or don’t have any skills that do damage acquired). are you just a helpless sitting duck or is there a few default basic actions you can take to blow a turn, charge back up, and maybe get lucky on a simple hit? It just seems kinda silly to me to use Pokémon logic of “if it’s not an ability, you can’t do anything” when I might want my character to just go “I cast FIST!” XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back