• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic (Social) OOC

Which Stories Are You Most Interested In?

• The Formation of Guild "Week"

• The Rise of the Group "PK Fire"

• The Circumstances of the Accused

• The Secrets of the Blackland

Results are only viewable after voting.
Going by proximity on the keyboard I think that word is meant to be person.

Likely an Irishman or somesuch. I have a thing for potatoes and the fact that they go with anything and everything.

(IG EDIT) How long have I been able to do this??

(Scot EDIT) Forever! I have accidentally hit this instead of quote quite a few times.

Last edited by a moderator:
@White Masquerade how many of us did you give editing powers to?

Yeah, because I can edit anyone's post.

-ʢ✧Juicy✧ʡ

[SIZE= 13px]Kilroy was here.
-Danchou[/SIZE]

And here...

we...

go...

The Rahatan Preserve:

Originally created as a preserve by a wealthy business man, it is easily the size of a small country and was bought with his general wealth and connections to be turned into a virtual game preserve for the man to share with his friends, family and business associates. The Rahatan preserve would exist for a fair amount of time, about seven years, functioning perfectly without issue. Though, shortly after this seventh year, Sir Pashmin Rahatan would begin to spend more and more time offline, presumably with his wife, Moira, who was suffering from unknown mental troubles.

The Preserve would remain closed for another year until Pashmin Rahatn would see his return, if only to hire a number of biologists and scientists. They disappeared into the Preserve and have not been seen from in the past ten years. What is known is that the Rahatan Preserve is now an overgrown wild land that few have chosen to explore. Less so have come back.

The Rahatan lass:

Just a young girl when her parents seemingly went offline for good and the Rahatan Preserve went silent, Chandrakanta Rahatan, the daughter of Pashmin and Moira, seemingly disappeared from the public's eye. Namely meant to avoid the always irritating news sources, Chandra was never a stranger to winding up in the headlines one way or another, usually for her antics. Having grown up forced to attend the highest of high society events, gala, dances, festivals, fests and anything else she deemed a 'boredom fiasco' Chandrakanta took to researching and emulating the ancestors of her peoples, the Scots and the Indians, in an effort to lash out.

Often going out wearing crude, hand-designed clothes reminiscent to the types found to be worn by her distant ancestors, she let herself become quickly noticeable before taking up even more adventurous stunts, such as parkour, urban exploration and good old fashioned vandalism. The effort to lash out and garner some attention from her business minded parents ultimately failed to amount to much, but it set a streak for the young punk that didn't abate even when her parents disappeared from the online sector. Though her overall rabble rousing did stop once out from under their thumb. Now plagued with the media trying to find out information about their whereabouts, Chandrakanta would eventually retreat to the Rahahtan Preserve to avoid anymore attention, and her father would return before disappearing into the preserve himself.

Now one of the few people to come out of the preserve since her fathers return, Chandrakanta talks little of her family and mostly spends her time keeping to herself, only rarely poking her nose into society and over all enjoying the peace and quiet.

1def3d43f59c124634b6d9873536c0b3.jpg

The Scenario:

After his wife, Moira, goes into depression, longing for a real world to match the virtual one, and leaves their home to find her death in the ruined wastes of the earth Pashmin returned to the Rahatan Preserve with one intention only. With the aid of a scientific team, they have recreated many of the parameters to match the real world counterpart of earth at the heart of the preserve and work towards the creation of a method of forced evolution that would allow something to survive in the wastes appropriately, using only real world replicants to ensure they could repeat the process with the right items in real life.

Insistent that he will one day manage to save his wife, despite her expiration, Pahm in furiously traces his white rabbit, releasing any failed experiments into the preserve.

The Supposed Beasts of the Rahatan Preserve:

Some would claim to have faced the horrors that now await in the Rahatan Preserve. They claim it's filled with beautiful forests, rolling hills and valleys, luxurious plains and gorgeous lakes. They also make claims of savage and viscous beasts that dwell in the preserve, beasts that no man should ever bear witness to...

But it is just stories, right?

Right?

250px-Mr_Blobby,_2009.jpg

IG: I'm not sorry!

latest

GW301H323

698af5c95b01ef724031caf946b184c2.jpg

daren-horley-kirin-version3.jpg

Oh are you planning to come down here and do something about it?

Nah mate, you just do what you're best at, and when ye come a wandering up to far north I'll be here to punt ye back down again, just like the last time XD

On a side note, since it's just now over, how was your morning?

Nah mate, you just do what you're best at, and when ye come a wandering up to far north I'll be here to punt ye back down again, just like the last time XD

On a side note, since it's just now over, how was your morning?

You know if you go by direct male decent I'm Scottish.

Morning was fine, working in a nice warm office with only one dog roaming freely.

You know if you go by direct male decent I'm Scottish.

Morning was fine, working in a nice warm office with only one dog roaming freely.

Then you took a wrong turn somewhere and need to come back haha

And that's always fun, but only one dog free? All six of mine are wherever they want to be whenever, unless I call them. I suppose I'm also not in an office, but my home suffices nicely. 

And that's always fun, but only one dog free? All six of mine are wherever they want to be whenever, unless I call them. I suppose I'm also not in an office, but my home suffices nicely. 

Well my dog stays at home, at most we've had five hanging about, I take it upon myself to keep the boss's labs out of the bins when she's busy.

My thought process, or at least a partial bit of it, remembered that it was mentioned 'monsters' could be thought of as to why they exist eventually. But what if, instead of being put specifically to cause problems, they were just the accidental byproduct of something else? 

If instead of finding a viable answer to what could survive in on the current earth, they were just mistakes along the way and tossed aside?

If Pashmin figured they would remain in the preserve. 

But then, does any man-made creature ever do as they expect it to?

Between criminals getting a hold of them to use them as enforcement or guards beasts, to others simply breaking out, I figured this may be what we could use to explain why monsters exist. With plenty of space open for modular messing abouts with the idea of course. Would love to hear other opinions on the general idea.

@IG42

Everyone has editing powers.

@Danchou Tsubomi

Yeah, at least it's started. That's the main thing. Thank you very much! I will add in things there if something comes up.

@Pequeno Burraidh

Uh lol. I love when you talk Scott. Anyway, very nice. Very, very nice. That is spectacular and excellent. Will use it for a zone. Thank you for that.

My thought process, or at least a partial bit of it, remembered that it was mentioned 'monsters' could be thought of as to why they exist eventually. But what if, instead of being put specifically to cause problems, they were just the accidental byproduct of something else? 

If instead of finding a viable answer to what could survive in on the current earth, they were just mistakes along the way and tossed aside?

If Pashmin figured they would remain in the preserve. 

But then, does any man-made creature ever do as they expect it to?

Between criminals getting a hold of them to use them as enforcement or guards beasts, to others simply breaking out, I figured this may be what we could use to explain why monsters exist. With plenty of space open for modular messing abouts with the idea of course. Would love to hear other opinions on the general idea.

How would this "accelerated evolution" work? Having extremely fast paced life cycles for the creatures would be impractical if they end up adapting to a dry spell before it rains again or between seasons. Also there would need to be an accurate simulation of real world conditions which would be difficult in a virtual environment designed for totally different ones.

@IG42

Everyone has editing powers.

So I shouldn't try to shoehorn Mr Blobby into every post?

I mean, it definitely hits on the whole 'mad scientist trying to appease dead spouse' cliche, but worse things have happened.

How would this "accelerated evolution" work? Having extremely fast paced life cycles for the creatures would be impractical if they end up adapting to a dry spell before it rains again or between seasons. Also there would need to be an accurate simulation of real world conditions which would be difficult in a virtual environment designed for totally different ones.

Well my thought is that you're right, you can't replicate everything in the VR. In fact you can take some liberties with coding and what not to stave off the ageing. The plan would be to find the perfect way to create a being that /can/ survive the earth. Once the process of 'if it can' is achieved, the next step would be creating a method to achieve the goal in a realistic method.

This also leads to the imagining that the heart of the Preserve is now remodelled to be a hellish wastescape, surrounded by it's highlands, lowlands and forests. Likely a barrier around the perimeter of the whole preserve, but how the barrier was constructed is nothing I've thought of quite yet.

Well my thought is that you're right, you can't replicate everything in the VR. In fact you can take some liberties with coding and what not to stave off the ageing. The plan would be to find the perfect way to create a being that /can/ survive the earth. Once the process of 'if it can' is achieved, the next step would be creating a method to achieve the goal in a realistic method.

Staving off ageing isn't the problem it's completely the opposite, to evolve a species has to go through its life cycle and emphasise traits through reproduction. How can that be achieved without taking billions of years? Are the scientists behind it artificially trying different combinations of traits?

This also leads to the imagining that the heart of the Preserve is now remodelled to be a hellish wastescape, surrounded by it's highlands, lowlands and forests. Likely a barrier around the perimeter of the whole preserve, but how the barrier was constructed is nothing I've thought of quite yet.

Such a thing would have to be an entirely enclosed environment to prevent corruption by exterior influences. Perhaps Eden Project style domes with artificial micro-climates?

Staving off ageing isn't the problem it's completely the opposite, to evolve a species has to go through its life cycle and emphasise traits through reproduction. How can that be achieved without taking billions of years? Are the scientists behind it artificially trying different combinations of traits?

Such a thing would have to be an entirely enclosed environment to prevent corruption by exterior influences. Perhaps Eden Project style domes with artificial micro-climates?

I'd say that last one actually sounds like it was what I was originally trying for. It's why some of the beasts would have chimera like traits, mixed and matched or adjusted in ways they wouldn't have naturally.

I would have imagined a dome for real life scenarios, but in VR I was figuring you could likely have the climates control themselves and remain in their predetermined vectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back