• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic (Social) OOC

Which Stories Are You Most Interested In?

• The Formation of Guild "Week"

• The Rise of the Group "PK Fire"

• The Circumstances of the Accused

• The Secrets of the Blackland

Results are only viewable after voting.
QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
>JinX's faceclaim is from Amnesia.
>Literally from an otome.
tumblr_n5rl7nD9v71twos6ko1_1280.jpg

You don't think Hunter x Hunter is a masterpiece? To me it is. The perfect blend of ShoSeinin. I can't get enough of that Fandom. And to think about 100 of the 145ish episodes were engaging? I kid you not Lucem, I saw the length and laughed in my head thinking there's no WAY I was going to do that. Following the first arc, it was the first and only anime I binge-watched on purpose. I can't say anything more to that. It's what got me RPing =P. Though it's probably more on the animation Studio than the manga itself. But when you give a good studio at least some decent material to work with, that's the product you get. I am curious to see how AOT is handled from here.

Aw, what? What other deserts can you eat? I'm guessing nothing fruity or has a strong taste? I'm guessing brownies is also another? Something not bathed in sugar, neutral taste, and widespread.
I consider a masterpiece to be a work without flaw, which I don't think exists. Hunter x Hunter is one of my favorite Shonen series, but I wouldn't call it perfect. The manga is coming back soon, so that's something to look forward to. I think we'll get at least a full volume of chapters before Togashi goes on hiatus again.

I'm not good with brownies, since I can't stand chocolate. I can usually handle ice cream and frozen yogurt. I don't test my limits very often, so there might be more stuff out there that I can deal with, but I don't do well with most sweets. It makes baking pretty difficult, since everything I make will taste horrible to me.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
>JinX's faceclaim is from Amnesia.
>Literally from an otome.
tumblr_n5rl7nD9v71twos6ko1_1280.jpg

The character works at a place called the Maid's Sheep. Catherine keeps popping up.

I consider a masterpiece to be a work without flaw, which I don't think exists. Hunter x Hunter is one of my favorite Shonen series, but I wouldn't call it perfect. The manga is coming back soon, so that's something to look forward to. I think we'll get at least a full volume of chapters before Togashi goes on hiatus again.

I'm not good with brownies, since I can't stand chocolate. I can usually handle ice cream and frozen yogurt. I don't test my limits very often, so there might be more stuff out there that I can deal with, but I don't do well with most sweets. It makes baking pretty difficult, since everything I make will taste horrible to me.

The character works at a place called the Maid's Sheep. Catherine keeps popping up.

I've been meaning to ask, but...who is Catherine?

I've been meaning to ask, but...who is Catherine?
A Succubus from a game of the same name. Her job is to help end relationships by seducing uncommitted men while they're forced to complete difficult puzzles for survival. The entire purpose of the game is to help a goddess break the fourth wall and find a new lover.

That's fair! Lol, I hope the manga comes back for a decisive end =P. As far as the desserts At least you're not allergic to inane things like rubber...or latex? Unless...you are?

masterpiece to be a work without flaw
masterpiece
A masterpiece is, by definition:
1. a person's greatest piece of work.
2. anything done with masterly skill.
3. a consummate example of skill or excellence of any kind.
4. a piece made by a person aspiring to the rank of master in a guild or other craft organization as a proof of competence.

I don't belive there can be such a thing as a work without flaw, but surely you can find excellent ones. Something that is so good that you don't care about its flaws, because they are rather insignificant. If I were to give an anime as an example, I'd say Garden of Words.

4. a piece made by a person aspiring to the rank of master in a guild or other craft organization as a proof of competence.

I don't belive there can be such a thing as a work without flaw, but surely you can find excellent ones. Something that is so good that you don't care about its flaws, because they are rather insignificant. If I were to give an anime as an example, I'd say Garden of Words.

Yes. I would agree with you on that. I haven't seen the Garden of Words in full, but it was stunning in trailer. I dunno how to judge an excellent intimate story so I can't say much more lol. It did have a beautiful vibe from what I could tell. Amazing detail. I'd aslo say when a good majority of people regard something as amazing from start to finish, it can be considered a masterpiece too.

I don't agree entirely, but lots of people say FMA Brotherhood was great. I respect it as a good story however. I could surely see that, even if it wasn't to my taste.

That's fair! Lol, I hope the manga comes back for a decisive end =P. As far as the desserts At least you're not allergic to inane things like rubber...or latex? Unless...you are?
I just hope that Hunter x Hunter finishes within our lifetime. Berserk too.

I'm not allergic to anything, as far as I know. The sugar thing is just an intense dislike.

Each person has their own definition of a masterpiece, so it's hard to come to an objective conclusion on the quality of a product. I loved Garden of Words, but I still wouldn't call it perfect. Even if noticing the flaws doesn't affect my enjoyment, I still like to be aware of them. Although, I don't focus on that very much while I'm watching something. I just like to have fun with it.

Life. Life. If Rhyme mysteriously disappears, Dez knows where he was last seen.

I marathoned Hunter x Hunter, but the funny thing is I can't recall much in passionate detail. My favorite arc would have to be Chimera Ant, solely because of Ant King and Komugi. Don't know much about masterpieces :/ Every show I finish just kind of fades out into the background. Occasionally, there'll be a period when I'm obsessed, but that dies out quickly and then I forget about it.

Sweets are great to look at and daydream about, but once you eat it, it's just "Oh, this is sweet and kind of coffee-flavored," and then it's gone LOL

GasMaskie GasMaskie
Lucem Lucem
It looks to be an entertaining game. I assume Catherine is the villain...though I'm unsure as to how Elijah can make a reference to it by going drinking.. Is he one those uncommitted men?

Can't say it's a masterpiece by any stretch of the word, but D-Grayman is one of my all time favorite animes. Didn't like Hallows as much though..

Garden of Words vs Mushishi? Which would you recommend?

Haven't watched Garden of Words, and only watched a few episodes of Mushishi but I don't think there's much of a comparison there. They seem to be entirely different. One's a film and the other one has two twenty-ish episode seasons. Wikipedia lists Garden of Words as a romance and drama, and Mushishi as an occult detective show. From the summary of Garden of Words, it seems to be focused on the relationship between two characters (there's also an age-gap there). Mushishi is largely episodic, with one main character traveling around and encountering strange phenomena with lots of side characters fading in and out of focus (though most only appear once). All depends on what you're looking for and how much time you have. I happen to like episodic shows and my recent tastes trend toward healing type anime (Mushishi). If you try Mushishi and happen to like it, I would also recommend Natsume Yuujinchou, which also falls into that category. I haven't been watching the newest season though because I think the art has changed and now the lines look too clean.

CORRECTION: I'm actually a season behind LOL. And the style change might have been my imagination.

Last edited:
GasMaskie GasMaskie
Lucem Lucem
It looks to be an entertaining game. I assume Catherine is the villain...though I'm unsure as to how Elijah can make a reference to it by going drinking.. Is he one those uncommitted men?

Can't say it's a masterpiece by any stretch of the word, but D-Grayman is one of my all time favorite animes. Didn't like Hallows as much though..

Royal looks kinda like Vincent. The game also takes place primarily in a bar with Vincent's friends.

Catherine isn't the main villain and you can pursue the True Cheater route with her.

[

I marathoned Hunter x Hunter, but the funny thing is I can't recall much in passionate detail. My favorite arc would have to be Chimera Ant, solely because of Ant King and Komugi. Don't know much about masterpieces :/ Every show I finish just kind of fades out into the background. Occasionally, there'll be a period when I'm obsessed, but that dies out quickly and then I forget about it.

You and I are a little alike in that regard, though my favorite arc in HxH would have to be the phantom troupe one. Excitement comes and goes. Anime doesn't always leave a deep impression for everyone. For some it's a pass time. For some it's a hobby. For some it's a way of life. Did you at least have one you enjoyed more than others?

Haven't watched Garden of Words, and only watched a few episodes of Mushishi but I don't think there's much of a comparison there. They seem to be entirely different. One's a film and the other one has two twenty-ish episode seasons. Wikipedia lists Garden of Words as a romance and drama, and Mushishi as an occult detective show. From the summary of Garden of Words, it seems to be focused on the relationship between two characters (there's also an age-gap there). Mushishi is largely episodic, with one main character traveling around and encountering strange phenomena with lots of side characters fading in and out of focus (though most only appear once). All depends on what you're looking for and how much time you have. I happen to like episodic shows and my recent tastes trend toward healing type anime (Mushishi). If you try Mushishi and happen to like it, I would also recommend Natsume Yuujinchou, which also falls into that category. I haven't been watching the newest season though because I think the art has changed and now the lines look too clean.

I've already watched Natsume Book of Friends and enjoyed it. Watched seasons 1-3...took a long break...and now I've started again on season 6. A very relaxing anime^^

Tbh, I'm just looking for a good anime to pass time...nothing too deep...but, for some reason, I'm being picky :/ Like I'm procrastinating on having fun. Most animes I watch I usually end up enjoying...once I get in to it of course.

Royal looks kinda like Vincent. The game also takes place primarily in a bar with Vincent's friends.

Catherine isn't the main villain and you can pursue the True Cheater route with her.

I see...<.<

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
Not really. I remember in my early days of anime watching, I was somewhat depressed when Death Note ended, but I haven't gone back to it since to watch the anime or the drama adaptations, so I don't think it really counts. Visuals and soundtracks leave greater impressions on me. I usually have OSTs on replay, but to date, the only anime I've watched multiple times is (surprisingly) Skip Beat. Don't know how you feel about comedy, but I enjoyed Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun and Tanaka Is Always Listless for some light watching. I also happen to like their openings.

If you want an SOL with more substance, I also heard Barakamon was good. More recently, ACCA:13-ku Kansatsu-ka came out (SOL with some political machinations going on in the background) and it looks promising, but some people have complained that the pacing is too slow. I haven't had the time to finish it yet but its OP is amazing.

Geh. Looks like Gay Lord has a chance of living through this round^^

I was about to say that death is quiet...but then I remembered the freaky screeching sound...
Please. Shinsei is worse than Gay Lord. Don't act like he's the most vile thing you've ever seen.

hosaki hosaki
I will comment on your choice of anime. I did not expect this from you. =). Maybe I misjudged.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
Not really. I remember in my early days of anime watching, I was somewhat depressed when Death Note ended, but I haven't gone back to it since to watch the anime or the drama adaptations, so I don't think it really counts. Visuals and soundtracks leave greater impressions on me. I usually have OSTs on replay, but to date, the only anime I've watched multiple times is (surprisingly) Skip Beat. Don't know how you feel about comedy, but I enjoyed Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun and Tanaka Is Always Listless for some light watching. I also happen to like their openings.

If you want an SOL with more substance, I also heard Barakamon was good. More recently, ACCA:13-ku Kansatsu-ka came out (SOL with some political machinations going on in the background) and it looks promising, but some people have complained that the pacing is too slow. I haven't had the time to finish it yet but its OP is amazing.

For other SoL with substance Shirobako and Hanasaku Iroha are good. Sakura Quest, which is currently airing will probably be good too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back