Chitchat So... how did you come up with your username?

BloodyKharma said:
DON'T JUDGE ME!
WAAAAAAAAY too late

here's how I got mine!

I was like 10 and was registering on roblox. Needed a name and bobisdead popped int my head

Last edited by a moderator:
I realized Arial was a font, saw the C and tried ComicSansC, but I didn't fit. So now my name is a C for a typeface pretty much, and people who know this story sometimes decode my name to the real version of it. Tell me if you think you got it if you want.

It all started with the unoriginal quote...

"Life is a story."

Although LifeStory wasn't clicking for me so I substituted 'Story' with the synonym 'Novel'. And there it came LifeNovel~

My username is the alias I use when I write because I am uncomfortable with being myself as an upcoming author at the moment. I chose it because I was born in the fall or autumn and my favorite animal is a wolf.

I come from a Jewish family and my maternal grandfather's first language was Yiddish. Some of that trickled down to my grandmother, mother, aunt, and then me. As such, Yiddish words are often thrown around in conversation and "bupkis" is one such word; one of my favorites, as a matter of fact, for it sort of comically means "nothing at all." So my username and myself, by extension, means nothing at all - to be interpreted as humorously or as profoundly as you'd like.

When I was a kid, I had four baby dolls. One was named Wake-Up-At-Christmas, because she was a christmas present. When I made my first Neopets account, I used her name for my username- except it was too long, so I shortened it to WakeupatXmas. When I turned thirteen and could use the boards, I started introducing myself as X, and ever since then X has been my Internet name and all my usernames incorporate it. I couldn't figure out a creative combination for this site, so I just went with the bare facts- no matter how I decorate it, I'm the one called X.

I wanted to come up with a "nom de plume" for myself, and this was one of the first ones that came up on an online pen name generator.
cookiemonster.gif

Was trying to think of an original name that sounded cool because I'm trendy, I thought of Pen but that sounded plain and then Quill but that also sounded a bit boring.

Then I quite cunningly put the two words together and made the username of Qen.

Well I go by 2 usernames so I'll tell both

Deity of Ice came from the Chaos Theatre forum which doesn't really exist anymore. It was a place for countdowns and discussions and all that. I was a fan of the Autarch of Flame. I thought, I should be the opposite of him. Deity - Autarch, Ice- Fire

Deity of Ice was born.

ChaosMakersUnite came from that same website. I started using it briefly as a way to almost, remember TCT. So, ChaosMakersUnite or CMU happened.

I came up with mine shortly after Matrix Revolutions. I really liked Captain Mifune, so I took his name and added a y between "u" and "n".

Sniper is my favorite position in shooter games. My Garrus avatar came after I had the name becasue I couldn't think of anything to use and he fit.

I was signing up for a RP site called "Feral Front" / "Warrior Cats RPG"

I'm like, well, what should I put. *Idea* GoldenHeart! That's sounds cute and- *Username taken* Oh, well, I like the 'Golden' bit... *Idea* My hair
looks like gold and is curly! Goldencurls~!

That is my origin story.
xD

Oh dear, the story of my username; this one's quite complex.

So originally, I developed some sort of strange obsession with all-caps usernames, the reason for which I have completely forgotten by the time of this post; probably just one of those fleeting passions of childhood, I suppose. So then, I began to think of concepts which appealed to me, and at the time, two of these concepts happened to be the essence of negativity, and that of equilibrium. I was also quite interested in the aesthetic qualities of the Latin language at the time, so I originally came up with the name "MalAequlis", to represent the a combination of the concepts of negativity / malice (mal) and equlibrium / sameness (aequlis). Combining this with my obsession for all caps representations of phrases as usernames somehow resulted in "MLAQTS". To this day, I continue to wonder where in the infinite thoughts of my vast and sporadic mind the "T" could have possibly come from.

MLAQTS said:
Oh dear, the story of my username; this one's quite complex.
So originally, I developed some sort of strange obsession with all-caps usernames, the reason for which I have completely forgotten by the time of this post; probably just one of those fleeting passions of childhood, I suppose. So then, I began to think of concepts which appealed to me, and at the time, two of these concepts happened to be the essence of negativity, and that of equilibrium. I was also quite interested in the aesthetic qualities of the Latin language at the time, so I originally came up with the name "MalAequlis", to represent the a combination of the concepts of negativity / malice (mal) and equlibrium / sameness (aequlis). Combining this with my obsession for all caps representations of phrases as usernames somehow resulted in "MLAQTS". To this day, I continue to wonder where in the infinite thoughts of my vast and sporadic mind the "T" could have possibly come from.
Perhaps Time?

[QUOTE="The Reaper Of Souls]Perhaps Time?

[/QUOTE]
Well as far as I remember, the "ML" is supposed to be short for "Mal", and the "AQTS" for "Aequlis". The most plausible theory I can envision is that I confused the words "Aequlis" and "Aequitus" (which actually means "equity"), and incorporated the latter into my username. Alas, perhaps it shall remain a mystery forever.

From the song "Hey Soul Sister". More specifically the part "ey soul sister, ain't that Mr. Mister on the radio, stereo" I heard the bolded part as "hello Mr Rifter". Cue to username.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back