Chitchat So... how did you come up with your username?

Well, usernames are literally fake names, usually used to hides one identity.

Pseudonyms are fictitious names used by authors, therefore, my username, is indeed a pseudonym, in a way. I have always used this username<3 I love it.

I got my username from a story I made up when I was younger. I liked the character so much I decided to use his title as my gamer tag/ internet alias.

My username comes from a mythology story I found particularly interesting. It's the name of a prince of Sparta, who was one day tossing the discus around with his boyfriend, until the jealous West Wind blew the discus right into his skull and killed him. I'm not sure why that story stuck with me.

Mine was because I was raised on the supernatural. Angel and Buffy the vampire killer were some of the things I was raised to watch. Then there was the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. Grim was my favorite character of all the episodes. So I chose the Reaper of Souls. :troll: relive the childhood.

I have red hair IRL, but there are a lot of Reds out there, do I used other aliases. But after learning about the Doppler Effect, I thought it was destiny to be called Redshift, since it's simple and relatively uncommon.

Tacuba is a neighborhood in Mexico City. It's also an important transportation hub. It's also the place where an historical café is. Said café is the namesake for the band Café Tacuba (Tacvba), which I love. And it just sounds good.

My username was inspired by a Spongebob episode. It was the one where Squillium mentioned something about gilded doorknobs. I decided that the 'gilded' part would be in my username. I intentionally spelled it 'guilded' because at the time I was obsessed with guilds for some reason. For the 'clover' part, I took it from my first name, since the first three letters of clover are the same in my first name.

Socio for my avid interest in psychology and sociology. I might also be a bit odd and crazy. x3

Bunny because I am a bunny. Sometimes cat or fox but bunny is my comfort animal.

Dami is my r/l go by nickname.

Well on another forum I'm known as Suspicious Toast but I actually don't like Toast

and so there was a joke that I prefer my toast raw (as in I like bread better)

and that was around the time I made this so

WoodyGrinB2B1.png
On a previous RP site, I was challenged to come up with a character concept from whole cloth, based on three random words: "grin", "eagles", and "wood".

I created a duo called "Woody & The Grin", illustrated to the right (click it to enlarge). I made The Grin a big faceless guy who liked The Eagles (despite several physical similarities to The Dude, who famously does not like The Eagles). I played Woody similar in style to Weeping Angels/SCP-173, where he can only move or change features when nobody is looking at him, making him essentially a prop that reacts to whatever Grin is doing.

Over time, I became quite attached to the duo and have made The Grin my personal avatar.

The struggle of being sensible or insensible with creativity. Insensibility usually wins out, despite me telling you otherwise. ^_^

It's from a Carl Sagan quote. I'd feel like a neckbeard quoting the whole thing, but in it, Sagan refers to humans as "molecular machines as intricate and subtle as we." I just think that that "molecular machines" is both an empowering and humble way to refer to humanity.

Pshhh. Mine's really just my nickname. My irl friends call me Red. It's a shortened version of my name which is Rasheed.

I came up with my username because I have a tendency to overly adore someone to my hearts content which most people would find smothering (' :) ) but I have a lot of love to give and share for the most part! For the other half of my username it's because I have curly hair...though it's not that long cx

Mine's really lame, heh. There's a blackgaze band called Deafheaven. They released an album called Sunbather. That album is not only absolutely gorgeous and perfect, but also has a special place in my heart for sentimental reasons. I had many hours where I just started crying and/or felt incredibly inspired and painted and painted without stopping 'cause that specific record keeps touching me so deeply. Also, I thought it sounds nice. Sunbather. Just a nice sounding word. :P

Mine was inspired by a game and the Greek myth haha

Well there's a Japanese mobile game that got me hooked and they have this gachapon system in-game to obtain units for battle. They arranged it like this: Rainbow = Ultra Rare, Gold = Super Rare and Silver = Rare. I got gold most of the time so I thought. MAYBE I HAD THE GOLDEN TOUCH. And the myth of King Midas was like the first myth I read so boom shakalaka

KING MIDAS

tl;dr version

Game gachapon. Get gold (means you got a lame unit). And inspired by the golden touch king, King Midas.

I suppose it all began when I was trying to come up with a PlayStation username. I really liked the goddess Nyx and I figured nightmare after it sounded cool. So since then it just stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back