• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Smoke and Mirrors *Searching!*

colee

Excuse my lack of coding (still new to this website) //
Hey my name's Cole and I'm looking for rp partners! I'm very open plot-wise, I just really want something that'll get me writing again

My interests: platonic relationships to romantic, slow burn, darker themes, gangs, demons/angels, magical realism to fantasy, really you name it and I'm probably interested.
I'm down for anything. mystery, historical, magical, horror, supernatural, slice of life, etc. I don't really do fandoms (sorry), but if the world is interesting, I can be persuaded!

Just general preferences
please be 18+

at least write a few paragraphs (or more--I really like heavy descriptions)

Huh, I guess that's my list. Oh, and I like talking about stuff ooc! It really helps with plotting and it makes me feel less like I'm loading you with a wall of text to read. Also, I understand when life happens and you can't respond anymore. I can't pretend that hasn't happened to me.

Plots:
Underground
Two radio, television, film majors in the same college go out on adventures to abandoned places around the world, taking photos and videos for their degrees. Yet the places they visit are not what they seem.
- Based loosely off a youtube channel called 'The Proper People'
- Think paranormal encounters, wild trips, and ghost hunting all in one
- Oh, and a romantic bond can form between both muses as well
- As you can probably tell, it's a loose idea. I can provide more info, or you can add your own twist to it!

Rule of Numbers
Think slice of life meets dystopian. In the new world, social classes are clearly defined by the number you're given at birth. The higher the number, the higher the status (think like official government types, politicians). A couple with a wide number gap developing feelings for one another is publicly shunned, considered taboo. Muse A has a high number, but constantly hides it, dreading responsibility. Muse B has a low number, trying to get by in life, secretly hoping to marry rich. An initial escape for both muses turns out to be something more serious as secrets are revealed.
- Angst is expected and encouraged

Memory
Okay, this could be overused and cliché as heck, but I enjoy a good story between an old romantic pair, but one of the muses (Muse A) loses their memory in an accident of sorts. It's just perfect for drama (yes I'm a sucker for drama). Will Muse B try to preserve what they had in the past? Or will they try to create something new?
- Highly adaptable in terms of worldbuilding and time period
- Can add a magical twist

Living with the Shadows
For the horror fans out there: this plot has spooky creatures. Lovecraftian horror will ensue. An organization is behind the creation of mysterious alien-like creatures that can read people's minds and shapeshift. Yeah, they're no joke. They use such knowledge to take on the form of someone's fears, essentially feeding off of their emotions. The world is at its end and humanity is nearing extinction. Muses A and B are trying to survive, and they encounter people along the way to help tackle this organization.
- Very gritty stuff, if you're not into it, probably not the best plot lol
- It's an old idea of mine, and there's plenty of details I left out, shoot me a message if you're interested!

Betting's Off
Muse A has had to deal with poverty all their life. They thought they weren't gifted in anything, and life decided to screw them over day after day. They were desperate to be somebody, to claw out of poverty. In truth, they were embarrassed of their status. They were mocked in school, and eventually, driven out to a fight. It was during that fight that Muse A realized they had a gift. Fighting. Years passed and Muse A fights in a illegal betting ring. The dirtiest of fighting. Yet they win, every time. Muse B spectates the fight and sees potential. They decide to offer Muse A a special proposition: to join Muse B's gang.
- If someone knows what this is (loosely) based off of, I applaud you
- Gang related activity, dirty fighting, very dark themes
- This plot is very adaptable, throw in your ideas if you think it'll had some sparkle!

As for pairings, I have no preference //
Pairings:
Human x demon
demon x demon
angel x demon
Assassin x officer/bodyguard
Sober x addict
Serial killer x stalker
Gang member x normie
Gang member x gang leader
probably more but I just forgot

Anyway! I have a few songs that have been on my mind, small lil seeds that need help growing (will add more later).
Baby its been a long, long time
And I've been stuck up in this sweet sublime
Four years ago I lost my mind
I think it's gone for good this time

-Ruby Waters; Sweet Sublime

'Cause I'll paint your pain away with everything I've got
-Ruby Waters; Quantum Physics

Oh, I was something so remarkable
It seems to me that she was only in my head
For a moment, I told you, I lost it
Tornado over conscious

-Dayglow; Fair Game