• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
A bell dings and Cameron looks up to see a teen walk into the bookstore. He casually smiles at the teen then returns to his reading. It's not until the teen had already started browsing the shelves when he remembered what his boss told him about greeting the customers. So, attempting to muster up some confidence, Cameron looks back up from his book. "Hi! Is there anything I can help you find?" Cameron finally managed to say. That was a little condescending, Cam. Cameron thought to himself, If he needed help he would have asked. Cameron resists the urge to bury himself back into his book and force himself to keep eye contact with the teen, and await a response.

A little frightened that the bookstore co worker was talking to me i had almost dropped my book. I look up to answer and his eyes were still locked onto me. Walking over to the counter I put my bookmark in my book and say in a wisper "no im fine I iust come here to read never to buy but i have a question in my years of living here none ever talks to me so why are you?" I did not mean to come off as rude I was just wondering why the co workers are talking to me now.

Taken aback by the question, Cameron struggles to respond. "Oh, I... um... Just... Just making conversation." Gripping his book like a security blanket, Cameron mentally kicks himself. Damn it! I stuttered. Cameron thrusts out his hand, awkwardly. "Name's Cameron. You?"

Shaking his hand very awkwardly I think lord, this is going to be painfull. Im the most anti social human ever and talking is not very anti social. Gaining some bravery I say "my name is aiden and you dont have to "make conversation with me" I will some how manage on my own".

Coming into the store now was another young man with a bit of a gangly, short frame but a look of anticipation and excitement on his mustachioed face and bright blue eyes. Having frequented his hometown's great vault of books many a time before, he was eager to make his first impression of this new bookstore an at-least decent one. Whether the experience with the books or the employees would be better in this small-town environment was quite the question for James to play around a bit with in his mind.

For now, he stood in place, taking a good look of the building in its entirety.

I see some guy that i again don't seem to know walks in. You would think after living in this town so long i would know everyone by heart but that would be wrong. Taking a step back form my ongoing conversation I sit there and observe before saying "hello how are you and who are you"?

James, having not really experienced anything like this before, someone greeting him immediately right as he entered a building, was slightly startled. Albeit, after a moment of weighing out the situation, he decided to not act like an outsider and play along.
"I'm James, a recent college grad, and I came here to avoid the big-city of which kinda overwhelmed me after a while. As for the bookstore, uh...I like reading? And...yeah, I'm doing well, too."
His voice was very deep, at least in comparison to his size and stature, but still soft and comforting in a way.

Oh this awkwardness again pleasant I think. I try to keep the conversation going to be nice since he seemed new by the way he was acting. "oh really you like books so do I and Cameron right Cameron" I say eyeing Cameron trying to get him to talk I face back to him and say "whats your favorite book"?

He seemed distracted so i put my hand in front of his face and take my other hand and slam my hands. He was being weird looking at me and the employe like that so i had to draw his attention away somehow. After all this i repet my question "what's you'r favorite book?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back