• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Small-group Pokemon journey

Which RP set up do you prefer?

• GM approach - standard sign-ups and rules.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "All-in" approach - treated like a "1x1," everyone plots evenly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

baggysack

owner of the bag
Hey - I'm really itching to write my character, Mati, an ex-sous chef and food connoisseur, and his partner, Fennekin. I figure Pokemon makes for a popular setting, so I'll shoot my shot.

Instead of dumping rules on you, I want to approach this more like a 1x1 thread. That means I'm not "The GM." I don't call the shots: I'm looking for partners I can write with. I'd appreciate 1-3 "active" writers, or writers who actively plot and contribute ideas, aged 18-24, since that's who I'm comfortable interacting with.

I'm anticipating a slower-paced, character-driven adventure story in the vein of the Adventures manga though with a more grounded feel. Our characters would be a small band of trainers who start their journeys for separate reasons and eventually begin traveling together. I'd be about the adventure and the character growth and... you know, Pokemon. Pokemon's cute, right?

Let me introduce my guy Mati, too:

Matthias is a proud "Kalis"-man with a strong penchant for culture, communion, and food- of course. Going on thirty, he is more than a little mature for a rookie trainer, and Mati doubles down on this impression with his stern disposition and tendency to chastise those he sees as inexperienced. But he's not inane- he's pessimistic, but Mati is also hardworking, decisive, and experienced. He genuinely enjoys meeting new people and looking out for his juniors. Mati went through a rough patch to get to his position as a sous chef. Recently, that dedication seems for naught: he doesn't feel fulfilled in his career. A death in the family- deteriorating mental health- Matthias needed an out, so in a move that even surprised himself, he left his proud home of the Kalos region in search for a new direction. Though he risks falling back into the same listlessness, looking at the bright-eyed kids around him, wearily wondering what they see in an "adventure."​
Matthias brings with him a snaggle-toothed Fennekin nicknamed Saffron who he found initially in a gutter fighting a Purrloin stray for scraps. The Fennekin has a brazen streak and has as much appreciation for good food as his partner. Though Matthias makes it clear: No Pokemon in the kitchen!

CRINGE, but I like writing him. I just would never write, like, Pokemon fanfiction or whatever normally, and I don't want to join another site, so I'll try this instead for now, lol

I’m down so it’s like a Pokémon journey? How many Pokémon can we start with I’m so down I live Pokémon

Last edited:
Well, you had me at 'small-group'. Besides, Pokémon is my entire life so consider me interested!

Dope to see some interest... I'm in a weird place motivation-wise, and I'm trying to find some "alternatives" to RP. At least, that's why it's been a couple days. But we'll see what happens.

I apologize for my reluctance to just kick off a thread, but in the meantime, what characters would you guys want to play? What would your trainers look like?

Currently have a decent idea for a wannabe Pokémon professor from Celadon University (anime location), linguistics major, wants to bridge the gap between human and Pokémon speech. Now out and about for some field research. Fascinated with the Unown, since they are a living bridge between Pokémon and a human alphabet. I suppose he'll be serving a comparable role to Brock in the anime. Travel companion to the league challenger.

84b24f48d88c4bfbe036f4a4be83af5d V2.png

Edit: I also somewhat forgot this was still on, but I'm no less motivated! ^^;

Yeah, you know what?? Let's do this.

If it's easier, I could always shift to the setting/rules -> sign-up business, pick the best of 3-to-4 other sign-ups, and just set up something Storium-esque to encourage people to plot. I'll set up a poll above, just check whether you want a GM or to go with the initial "all-in" approach.

Anyway, Pokemon researcher! Yayy, fun concept, Paper. Communication with Pokemon sounds like a pretty profound area of study-- I mean, Pokemon, the franchise, is all about communicating with Pokemon. That and incorporating the Unown... someone has to do something about those little guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back