• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Small Group: Dragon Island [Closed for Now]

Berries

Berry bad fruit puns
Update: This roleplay is closed while I wait for people to finish their character sheets, there is a possibility of it reopening though. :)

"Strike the royals!" The captain was yelling, chaos running amok on deck of the ship as the sudden storm began to whip up massive winds in the sea around them.

The onslaught of the storm worsened without warning and the boat beginning to creak from the pressure. The crew had been caught unprepared - just minutes ago the waters had been calm, and most had been below decks hanging out after three days of hard sailing. Then, all of a sudden, this storm had appeared out of nowhere and within seconds it seemed as if they were in the middle of a tempest.

The captain's eyes were squinting through the flurry of raindrops that were beginning to pour down upon them. "Reef the mainsail!" He called, hands white from gripping the wheel. This was one of the worst storms he had seen in his thirty years of sailing, and the abrupt nature of it made him wonder all the more. Gritting his teeth, the man wondered if this might be the end of the
Merry Gent and her crew.

"Strike the mainsail!" He cried seconds later, changing his order, and the crew hastened to obey. The poor men on the sail were struggling to hang on through the vicious rocking of the waves, and even as the captain watched one fell off into the water. A cry went out for 'man overboard!', but the whole crew knew that they didn't have time to save one man if they intended to save themselves.

Quickly realizing the situation was worsening by the second, the captain called for the last ditch resort. "Drop anchor! Lay out all the chains! Batten down the hatches!" The sailors scrambled around the ship, struggling to keep their balance, but the storm showed no signs of stopping. Suddenly-

Darkness.

You wake up on a strange beach. There was no sign of your ship or crew anywhere, and the land was like nothing you had seen before.

Welcome to Dragon Island!

Essentially, the premise of the roleplay is that a tempest which acts as a bridge between the human world and the world of dragons struck your character's ship and they now ended up shipwrecked on a strange island. As implied by the title, this island is infested with dragons!

I am looking for three additional players to roleplay this idea with me, and I will be requiring that each person plays two (or more) characters so that we can have a sizable cast but not too many players to manage. The characters can either be from the same ship or from different ones, but they all ended up shipwrecked at the same point (marked by the ship towards the left of the map below).

The island is ruled by seven dragon lords which are also marked on the map below. Additionally, as the characters explore they will discover ruins of what appear to be human settlements, all of which have been wiped out by mysterious means.

4kvib5.jpg

Right now I haven't fleshed out the world all that much as I would like to do some world building with my partners! What is currently on the agenda for discussion is: the history of the human ruins, the interactions between dragons and humans (are they tamable? Will they allow themselves to be ridden? Will drinking their blood lead to the creation of half-dragons?) and the characteristics/powers of the dragon lords. Right now I'm thinking of basing them off of the different elements (namely earth, air, fire, water, plague, light and darkness) but that is up for debate. ^^

At the moment, I would prefer for all characters to be human, though of course there may be the opportunity to become dragon mutants throughout the roleplay (or potentially other mythical creatures too, if you guys would like to include that). Additionally, characters can come from any period of time. It might be fun to see a character from the present interact with a medieval-based character.

Since I'm looking for a very small group to help me develop this, I do have quite a few requirements:
-As I mentioned earlier, I would like you to be able to play two or more characters.
-I expect at least four good-sized paragraphs per character, per post, along with good spelling and grammar.
-I'm going to be requiring a decently high level activity, so please be able to post at least once every one or two days.
-I would like a diverse cast, so please be able to play more than one gender/trope.
-I would also like you to have read my requirements, please include the words 'sea serpent' in your post if you have.
-Please be willing to throw around plot ideas and world build! That's going to be a big element at the start of this roleplay, and it'd be best if we all participated in it!
-If there are more than three people interested, I will open a thread for CS applications and choose the players who I feel would best suit this roleplay, so be prepared for the possibility of rejection.
-I'm a sociable person so please be willing to chat with me. :P

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
This is an incredible premise! I would love to be involved.

And I have to add, what's the go with the existence of sea serpents?

Woo the first interested person~ c:

Ah, I added them on the map to first ensure that the characters couldn't get off of the island without facing a horrid death by massive creatures. XD But on the other hand, I figured that if the group wanted to branch out into other magical creatures sea serpents and giant squid could also be a possibility. ^^

Oh, did you make that map yourself? That's incredible, props to you!

And yes, sea serpents and giant squids sound incredible. Can't wait to see how this turns out ^_^

This sounds amazing! Would love to know more as and when you come up with it, but definitely put me down as interested. Could definitely play at least 3 characters, haven't had the opportunity to play more than one/two for a while!

This looks incredibly interesting! If you've got space for me, I would love to be in this RP.
Space there is! :) Once it's been confirmed who's going to be in this I'm going to make a group PM or discord channel where we can begin to worldbuild.

Make sure you've read my requirements closely though please!

Space there is! :) Once it's been confirmed who's going to be in this I'm going to make a group PM or discord channel where we can begin to worldbuild.

Make sure you've read my requirements closely though please!
Sounds great! I have a couple ideas regarding sea serpents and fleshing out the worlds, but I'm excited. Thank you :)

Alright, I'm going to close this for now and allow people to finish their CSs. It may reopen depending on how many characters are accepted. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back