• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Slightly Ridiculous High Fantasy Adventure Search

Can i make a new one?

Also feel free to roleplay in my new roleplay, but just private message me the character and do actual roleplaying in the roleplay

I'm not sure what you can see there ... but I can only see an error message claiming I don't have permission to see the content you posted.

Okay, so ... I picked up a Piers Anthony novel again recently, and I'm craving some high, ridiculous, fantasy, if anyone is down! The basic idea would be that a few people, probably relatively mundane people, decide to go on an adventure one day for some reason. Maybe the monarch of an adjacent kingdom is offering the throne to anyone who can retrieve a particular artifact, or save a relative from certain Doom. Maybe there's a strange, swirling mass of black clouds growing over the northern cliffs, and a local temple has raised a million gold for anyone brave enough to seek out the source of the disturbance. Maybe the party are the only survivors when Daggar James Murderface's bandit marauders plow through their lands, and they vow together to bring justice to the roving tyrant. Maybe the golden god YSHRBRA speaks to them directly, and everyone thinks they're crazy when they suddenly quit their village jobs to go questing. I image that each has an idea of the class they want to be, but have none of the required skills. They don't necessarily have to be bad at what they do, but the way that they do it should be heavily influenced by their day-job.

I like the idea of ... of a saucier who dreams of being a paladin, and so when the party first sets out, she/he uses a saucepan lid and a metal ladle as equipment, and as she/he advances in levels, she/he insists on having blacksmiths forge more and more impressive saucepan lid shields and deadly, weaponized soup ladles.

or a priest who has always imagined being a dashing rogue, and makes a habit of stealing things, then sheepishly returning those things with some kind of apology note.

My personal plan is either a vet who becomes a monk, or a farmer's daughter whose journey to learn magic is a metaphor for her journey to learn to read.

Anyway, if this sounds interesting to anyone, drop a line in the thread, maybe tell me what kind of character you would play. If we get enough interest, then I'll put something together.

Plz. I'm mundane, I eat BAGELS for dinner. A. Single. Bagel.

Plz. I'm mundane, I eat BAGELS for dinner. A. Single. Bagel.

That ain't nothing! You ain't nothing! I eat a single spoonful of plain yogourt, and when I'm feeling exciting ...

:smile11:

I have a second spoonful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back