• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ►Sleeping Sickness►Literate ►any pairings welcome.

Kittenkitten

W h y can't I fit the Bee Movie Script here, mods?
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Heyo. Another thread, another story. It is is a bit niche and a plot that's yet to meet any fruition, and I'd love to see it blossom with someone. It's very malleable. Nothing is set in stone. So, take a gander.
All pairings {f/f, m/m, m/f, non-binary, etc.} accepted. Platonic relations welcomed, as are romantic.
While the title says literate, I am not a stickler towards partners, so worry not, I just consider myself more along the lines of the ever so subjective term that is literate.

▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Sleeping Sickness░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂
A darker plot that revolves around the red string of fate myth.
I have many alternate plottings for this given that this is just a taste of one of the ideas.
Serial Killer (Or serial criminal)|Detective
Or

YC (to be determined)|MC(to be determined) **see notes & alternative ideas**

YC and MC are connected through their dreams as well as the scatterings of their thoughts and memories. More or less tied to each other akin to a twisted red string of fate.
Our characters may own memories that belong to the other.
Incoherent thoughts that aren't theirs. The two also share a life force. One cannot survive without the other.
MC will often experience lucid dreams revolving around YC’s murders (or actions), be they past or current.
MC has no control over his actions in these dreams; he can only follow in YC’s footsteps through every sequence of events. A thick fog, vast and obscuring, shrouds the dreams, disallowing MC from seeing YC’s appearance or even hearing YC’s voice with complete clarity. YC has managed to chip away at some of this fog, allowing YC to discover the identity of MC. Lots of paths can form from here. Perhaps YC becomes keen on the life link the two share? MC is not as enlightened as yours in these matters, still in a state of discovery.
I'd love to develop the reasoning behind their connection. Be it from human experimentation the two are unaware of, a demonic aspect, or even a Lovecraftian type twist. This is a very moldable plot. I want to explore a darker side of the red string of fate. I have a lot of smaller ideas on this.

Notes: YC does not have to be a serial killer. I would just love this twist on a serial killer x detective plot. We can explore other avenues as well. Moral confliction would be excellent to have here. I can see this set in a lot of different time frames.

!Alternate Ideas!: YC is a demon with an unfortunate attachment like the above to a human, oh boy.
Or anything revolving around a more darker version of the red string of fate. It doesn't have to follow the above plot line to a T.

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
So, if I've caught your curiosity, comment or PM.
p.s, if you're willing to attempt this first person with me, I'll love you forever, but third is totally okay boyos.

Last edited:
Bumping because I changed things.
─────────▄▄───────────────────▄▄──
──────────▀█───────────────────▀█─
──────────▄█───────────────────▄█─
──█████████▀───────────█████████▀─
───▄██████▄─────────────▄██████▄──
─▄██▀────▀██▄─────────▄██▀────▀██▄
─██────────██─────────██────────██
─██───██───██─────────██───██───██
─██────────██─────────██────────██
──██▄────▄██───────────██▄────▄██─