• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Sleeping Beauty Disease

Kylesar1

This is my loudest bork
The RP is set in a school. There have been reports of students sleeping............unnaturally long. The phenomena is that students are falling asleep and not waking up.........but for some reason, the student isn't dying from being asleep so long. Their body isn't shutting down from undernourishment. The death toll is only 9, but all of them are the same, and not what the scientists have expected: Move the sleeping student from school grounds and they die. Not malnourishment, thirst, or anything like that

art-sakura-ani-devushka-spit.jpg

The scientists have named it Sleeping Beauty Disease, while the students have called it Bored-to-sleep, while death is called Bored-to-death. It also goes by the name of Rip Van Winkle Disease. The cause is completely unknown, as there have been students who go to sleep and wake up normally.

The most recent and ongoing report has a student sleeping for 4 months now in the nurse's office. Day in and day out. 24/7/367. She's completely alive and healthy, and sleeping perfectly. The scientists have ruled out Kleine–Levin syndrome (KLS) and anything else associated with normal hypersomnia

What's the cause is this peculiar phenomena, and how do we stop it?

Last edited by a moderator:
More details:

We're all gonna be characters with special abilities (if you want). Nothing magical yet. Just things that they can do that the average person can't. Stronger or faster than average, Hacking, Super Intellect, talking to animals or the dead, etc.

With those abilities, we could all end up in a group that'll try to figure out the secrets of the phenomena, and put an end to it.

The cause of the sleeping is something supernatural, and as we dive deeper into the reasons, and discover more and more, our characters will develop their special abilities into magic. However, the focus more than anything is character development.

Since it'll be labelled as Realistic, the magic actually has a reason to exist, and can't be the focal point.

Unlike my other RP, Romance is actually something worth doing, and unlike other school RP, it actually has a plot.

I don't have the actual causes down yet, but I do know it'll be supernatural. It can't possibly be natural. No matter what I decide though, it won't be important until much later.

Be it demons, curses, the school's location, dead spirits, enchanted items, whatever, there's time to really flesh out the details.

I encourage any and all input, suggestions, and questions

I am interested, I guess a curse of some kind could work though. So sorry if I missed it but are we going to be students from that school?

We'd be invited to join the club who's gonna solve the mystery. It's gonna be a normal school RP until then. I'm not gonna hold it too long though, since plotless school RP are boring

I'll have the thread up soon. If anyone wants a specialized role within the club, call it now so I can reserve it. First come, first served

If you want to be the VP, PM me

There aren't many roles. My mind drew too many blanks

President- That's me. The one that calls the shots

VP- This is the advisor. They help the President make decisions. This position is for those who have a lot of ideas

Chief Recruiter- This position is in charge of instating new club members

Researcher- This position is in charge of gathering intel. They'll analyze the info and report on it. This role is vital on influencing the story

Later Roles:

Medium- Skilled in matters of supernatural occurrences, they advise the next move based on the movements of the supernatural.

Guard- In the event of a battle with the supernatural, these are the main ones responsible for dealing with it

If there's another role not mentioned, just tell me and I'll add it

Either Realistic or Anime

The RP will be Casual in nature. Simple is lame, and Detailed is intolerable

Ok that is good always feels odd using real pictures of people

By the way, can you really have 2 roles on the club? or can I take the Researcher role?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back