• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 𝒮𝓀𝓎 𝒞𝒶𝓈𝓉𝓁𝑒 ~ 𝐼𝒞

Characters
Here
park so-jun
the game changer
the party hall
surprisingly chatty.
So-Jun didn't want to overdo it with the desserts, so once the tart she picked up was settled on her plate, she angled herself toward Hyuk while they walked. It was easier to avoid temptation when she couldn't even see the sweet treats to begin with, and at the moment, she had no desire to eat anything else. Sweets always helped with her nervousness, and if she had to share a table with Hye-Bin the entire night, then she was going to survive on dessert and nothing else.

Hyuk seemed to take a moment to ponder his response to her question, and that amused her a little. He just seemed to be the type of person to have things figured out — including what he enjoyed doing in his free time. So-Jun already knew what she'd be doing if she weren't meant to attend this gala, but she held on to her own answer for the time being so she could listen to Hyuk's instead. She smiled a little when she heard him initially admit that he didn't know what he would do if he didn't have to be here. She briefly wondered if that meant that he didn't get a lot of free time — and if he didn't, she wondered what he was busy doing instead. But So-Jun didn't think she knew him well enough yet to freely ask him what was on her mind.

Instead, she remained silent because it seemed he wasn't finished with his reply. She continued to crawl along at a snail's pace beside him, mainly because the conversation was distracting her from seeing that they were coming up to the end of the buffet spread — and that they were getting closer to Inhyeon and Hye-Bin up in front of them. So-Jun glanced over every so often to avoid accidentally bumping into them.

As Hyuk added on to his answer, So-Jun nodded slowly. He mentioned not having had much time to relax, which once again brought two earlier questions into her mind. Like before, she avoided asking because she felt like that would change the tune of the conversation. She was about to say something about it when he beat her to it by asking her the same question she'd asked him. So-Jun should have seen it coming, really, but at least she had her answer all ready to go.

"Well, ideally, I'd be back home," she answered with a small chuckle, only because she could imagine how boring that probably sounded to him. "So I could spend quality time with my piano, by the way. Not to laze around," she quickly clarified. "That's what I did before too though, so I guess that hasn't really changed with my lifestyle." So-Jun shrugged a bit, slowing to a stop when it seemed like Hye-Bin and Inhyeon were about to make their way back to the table. For the time being, So-Jun stayed where she was and continued speaking, "The only thing about it that's changed is that I used to sneak into my old school's music room to play. Now I've got a piano at home." And a grand one at that. So-Jun loved it, but she didn't love how she got it.

Not wanting to get into the details, So-Jun turned a bit, so they could make their way back to the table as well if Hyuk was done perusing the buffet spread. Her mind drifted back to his answer and what she'd thought of saying at the time, so she piped up again. "You know, just because you're here doesn't mean you can't find a way to relax," her smile broadened just a bit. "You could go for a stroll outside," she suggested before nodding toward the center of the room. "Or, hell, even just let loose and dance a bit if that's something you enjoy."

So-Jun was mainly just tossing things at a wall, but hey, if something stuck, then great. "I don't think you should compromise too much when it comes to getting some time to yourself, or you'll probably never get it. But that's just one woman's opinion and you've been doing this longer than I have, so." So, she probably had no say in telling him how to relax, but obviously that didn't keep her from trying.
mentions: inhyeon, hye-bin. ; interactions: hyuk.

bae inhyeon

the deceiver.

feeling a whole lot better.

party hall

outfit

w/ a pretty necklace

mentions

hye-bin, ryeom, so-jun, hyuk, ha-joon

interactions

hye-bin, so-jun

whether inhyeon caught the briefest of hye-bin's hesitancy when she spoke of ryeom was uncertain, since she barely did anything to show she'd realised. "it's just fine, he is just... he is just being ryeom, there's not much to add, he just... exists and doesn't bother me so it's fine with me." she raised an eyebrow, fixing her friend with bewilderment. she knew hye-bin was the domineering one in the relationship, and saying that he just "exists" wasn't far off the mark, but this wasn't exactly the image of a loving girlfriend, was it?

"you've got an odd idea about relationships, binnie." inhyeon remarked, taking another bite of her cake. then again, maybe hye-bin had learnt from her parents. with the stories inhyeon's mother had told her? she wouldn't be surprised.

"probably the marriage is going to happen once both of us graduate, but a date hasn't been set. our parents want that we focus on entering a university rather than worrying about planning a wedding, but when the date is set you are going to be the first one to know and you would help me plan my wedding as we promised when we were kids." the jang heiress was full of surprises tonight. inhyeon definitely remembered making that promise, but it surprised her that hye-bin remembered it too. she barely attempted to mask her astonishment, though she said nothing, offering only a small smile in response. a year ago, she might've been excited to hear about that, but the thought that she might not even still be in sky castle by the time they wed squashed any enthusiasm that was supposed to bubble in her gut. possibly an entirely different socio-economic class, but hye-bin didn't need to know that.

hye-bin's reaction to her question was perhaps most satisfying, even if inhyeon wasn't quite sure why. maybe it was the one thing she'd bested her at? but it wasn't something she was particularly proud of, and it took every fibre of her being to keep her gaze from flicking to hyuk, who was still very much too close to so-jun. "you... you know, we are taking things slow, we don't feel the pressure to rush things."

inhyeon nodded understandingly, accompanied by a gentle "mhm," though the smirk on her lips spoke otherwise about how she felt towards her friend's answer. it wasn't surprising to her, at least. she expected nothing less from the two of them, especially of ryeom. they'd probably get married, lay in bed long enough for hye-bin to have an only child and then sleep in separate beds from there on out. it was a future that was very feasible for them, but inhyeon couldn't help but tease hye-bin a little. she seemed flustered, and admittedly, she adored having some degree of experience over the girl that was usually so put-together. "no, no, i totally get it. just let me know if you need advice. i'm told i'm a great kisser." she finished with a wink, then a soft giggle, bumping hye-bin's shoulder lightly with her own in a show of affection.

she allowed hye-bin to drop the topic, glancing at the table as she mentioned that the boys already missed them, just in time to catch ryeom sitting up from a slouch with a guilty expression that reminded inhyeon of a crook. she made a small noise of amusement at his stiffness. "sure. ha-joon did say he was hungry." hye-bin almost succeeded in tearing her attention away from hyuk, but as the pair drew nearer to them, her smile faded once more, catching only bits and pieces of their conversation as they approached. "...when it comes to getting time to yourself..." just what were they talking about? whatever it was, that was as much interaction as she would tolerate. inhyeon left hye-bin's side with barely a word of notice, slotting herself next to so-jun with graceful ease.

"ah, we should go back to the table! what did you get, so-jun?" she leaned over, feigning great interest in the lonesome tart occupying her plate while her free hand went for her shoulder. "you must not be very hungry, huh. are you into tarts?" inhyeon asked, a bright smile on her lips as she began walking, all the while guiding so-jun back to the table. she couldn't help but toss a glance back at hyuk as she went, though she kept the meeting of their eyes brief, her gaze darting back to so-jun almost immediately. "so," her tone was light, innocent. she was so unbothered. "what were you two talking about?" yeah, 100%, no doubt about it.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
Ryeom's half laugh was almost thrilling at this point. Ha-Joon was able to extract more emotion from his companion than most, and he had to give himself a little pat on the back for that one. It felt pretty dang good knowing that he had gotten him to smile, not just once, but twice. Was that a new high score? Who was counting any way, not him. He nodded along with his schedule. Studying made sense. Everyone studied at this point in their career. If this were any earlier in his life, Ha-Joon would also be sitting in the library or a study cafe for hours after school. Now he's lost a lot of his will to actually try in school. Thanks for that one mom.

The second thing caught him a bit off guard. Personal training? Ryeom wasn't in any sports the last he checked. He apparently was a secret gym rat who spent a whole hour on a Monday to work out. Ha-Joon liked to be active, but basketball practice and the semi-regular run around the neighborhood was enough for him. Ryeom seemed healthy. He remembered a point in their lives when he had disappeared only to come back much thinner than before. Once again, he was thinking that something wasn't right about this picture. He just wasn't sure he was close enough to ask if he actually enjoyed working out or if his dad smacked him around a little bit to scare him into running. Admittedly, that made him a bit angry. No, it made him a lot angry

"Sounds great," He replied with a wide smile, "You'll be in time for dinner. My parents don't care, so stay for as long as you want." That was probably a lie. His Eomma cared. It wasn't like he paid any attention to what his mother minded. He was practically immune to her harsh scoldings by now. He had heard all of her lectures. They were boring and predictable. Sometimes he played a little game in his head where he'd guess what insult she'd hurl at him next. Nine times out of ten he was right. They used to never mind who was over and how long they stayed, but now with the "top secret" family problems they've been having it suddenly changed. Can't have their son's friends listen to you argue about infidelity and trust issues now can you? It would at least silence the yelling for one night, which would be nice.

Ha-Joon looked up to see that So-Jun and Hyuk were beginning to turn towards the table. They were quickly followed by Inhyeon who was playing defense. He wondered why she's hadn't been running interference as he watched out of the corner of his eye. Though it made sense. When they were discussing ways to fix their hyuk problem, Inhyeon wanted to do things more behind the scenes. Meanwhile, Ha-Joon had no problem getting his hands a little dirty while unearthing the worm that was his ex-best friend. "Look who's on their way back," He nodded in the direction of the three with Hye-Bin lagging just behind them. Part of him wondered if it would be too obvious to get up and "accidentally" smash Hyuk's plate into his expensive suit. That seemed a little on the elementary side anyway. That didn't mean that it wasn't at least somewhat tempting.

Yoo Ha-Joon
Mood:
you guys are slow. hurry up I'm hungry
Interactions:
ryeom ( weldherwings weldherwings )
Outfit:
c9b6cf524171409078d447f0054eb38e.jpg

SEO HYUK
- the two-faced -

So-Jun's reply wasn't out of expectations. Home. Piano. Relaxed, calm, ordinary. Warm in its normality. The vibe suited her. Her following words were slightly more surprising. Find a way to relax, she said, listing off possibilities and making it sound easy. Just dance if you want to, or maybe leave the hall for a stroll, let loose. Was it easy? It was. But was there a point? No. Well, unless it was done with someone who was worth something. So-Jun, for example, who was worth Hye-Bin's coorperation and some possibly exciting information. Unaware of what was going through her companion's mind, So-Jun continued to speak with innocent sincerity. Hyuk almost felt bad for his rather starkly contrasting intentions toward her. Almost. If he really did, then he wouldn't be him, would he?

"But that's just one woman's opinion and you've been doing this longer than I have, so," She trailed off, prompting a short laugh from him. He agreed with her, really, about making your own time and all. In fact, some might even say that he went even beyond the casual limits she was talking about in doing whatever the hell he wanted when he wanted to. Sure, it wasn't relaxing, per se. In fact, it might even be destructive, or occasionally...

Whatever. He should just give her some sort of agreement and be done with it. He began to speak before too long of a moment of silence passed between but unfortunately couldn't get further than an "I-" before a figure swept toward them, barging right in-between them. Hyuk stared at the intruder, irritation flashing across his face, but In-Hyeon acted as if he didn't exist as she began to pull So-Jun away. His annoyance quickly faded into mirth when she threw him a look over her shoulder as if warning him to stay away.

He scoffed, choosing to turn his attention to the other abandoned party of their little buffet group rather than try to walk with them immediately. If In-Hyeon wanted to try that hard, he'd let her for a while. Wouldn't her face be funnier when she realizes, despite all her effort, he still gets the prize? He glanced at Hye-Bin, studying her expression for a second — it didn't seem like she shared his sentiments all that much. Here was another funny friend. Always acting invincible, yet look at her.

"They're even closer than I'd expected," he mused as he slipped beside Hye-Bin. Though his words were clearly criticizing himself, they sounded more like he was mocking her. If the cloying sarcasm wasn't obvious, the laughter in his eyes surely was. He looked down at the much shorter figure, his voice taking on faux pity as he remarked, "Poor you." Hyuk's gaze only stayed on her long enough to catch a glimpse of her reaction before straying over to his plate, still adorned only with that single pastry. Then, he looked up at the duo of girls who were already a fair distance away. About time to catch up, wasn't it?

"If you're gonna glare at me, don't bother," he warned Hye-Bin despite having already seen her reaction, though his tone had none of the seriousness you'd associate with his words. He picked up the pastry with the plastic fork, rather delicately, and slipped it on her plate before smoothly handing over the now empty plate to a passing waiter. At last meeting her eyes, he flashed her a genuine-seeming smile, casually dropping his next words: "We're on the same side, after all."

With that, he left her a final soft pat on her shoulder before speeding up to catch up with the other two who were almost at the table. As he approached the table, he saw Ha-Joon looking toward them. Or, specifically, him. With a glint in his eyes, no less. Hyuk's grin only broadened as he imagined what the guy was thinking — or, had been thinking. Good thing he'd gotten rid of that pastry.

outfit: click me

mood: ...

interactions: park so-jun | jang hye-bin

codebytriples

Jang Hye-Bin
Mood: Who do they think they are?
Outfit: X
Tags: Inhyeon, Hyuk, Hajoon, Ryeom, Sojun

Hye-Bin was confused at Inhyeon's statement about how she had an odd idea about relationships she couldn't understand what her best friend as referring to there were just a few people that Hye-Bin liked, and in that selective list was Inhyeon and Ryeom, sure she might not be the type to show her feelings and do all that cheesy and embarrassing stuff that she just found stupid, but the fact that she didn't want to make his life miserable and see how he suffered for her pleasure didn't count as she being fond of the guy? Maybe Inhyeon was the one with the odd idea of relationships, she dated Hyuk in the first place, so her idea of the ideal man and men, in general, was not the best, to begin with.

Hye-Bin got embarrassed at Inhyeon's teasing, it wasn't her fault that she and Ryeom haven't done anything yet, as she said they were taking things slow and she didn't have any pressures she had other things to focus that was more important than physical contact, like getting into universities or getting rid of So-Jun, maybe if Hyuk and her didn't spend so much time fulfilling their carnal desires, they would be in another position and would have accomplished more than they had until this day, but if they didn't want to pay attention to the important stuff, it was their loss "I don't need advice, Ryeom and I are fine" she replied flustered.

She thought that Inhyeon would just continue teasing her about her situation instead she left her side without saying a word to her just to go towards So-Jun, did she really just ditched her best friend the one she grew up since they were for a beggar that wasn't supposed to be there in the first place? Hye-bin loved Inhyeon, but who did she think she was for doing something like that? Why Inhyeon couldn't just let So-Jun be with Hyuk so the guy would just do whatever he want with the girl and in the way he gave her a disease that would be better for Hye-Bin seeing how So-Jun's life would be ruined that way, but no Inhyeon had to come and save the day, she just couldn't mind her own business for once?

At that moment Hye-Bin didn't care if everyone could see that she was mad, no she wasn't mad she was completely pissed at what just happened. It was just a matter of time until Hye-Bin exploited and adding to the stress of the timer, Hyuk had to show stating how the two were closer than he expected. Hye-Bin wasn't in the mood of dealing with Hyuk's sarcasm "Don't come with your false pity, the role of the good and caring friend doesn't fit you. That would fit Hajoon, but even he got tired of you" she stated blatantly at the guy. "Even if we are on the same side if you bother to do your job the right way that scene shouldn't be happening in the first place."

Hye-Bin wasn't sure she could get even madder but after Hyuk placed his pastry on her plate before he left it only made Hye-Bin want to grab that pastry and throw it at the guy, could she just pretend that she had a misstep due to her heels that would make it seem like an accident it was childish, but it wasn't like he could use her fork to stab Hyuk at least not in a public space.

She gave the plate to one of the waiters and walked towards the table she didn't want to be around So-Jun especially when Inhyeon was paying all her attention to her and not Hye-Bin, she was sure that if she stayed there in the table everyone was she would have to deal with seeing Inhyeon talking to So-Jun just so she could stay away from Hyuk, once she made it to the table she went towards the only person that would only do everything that Hye-Bin would want without complaining "I want to dance" she said to Ryeom as an excuse to stay away from that trio if she had to be with them she was sure she was going to exploit at any of them especially So-Jun.

Maybe she should have saved that fork and used it on Hyuk and So-Jun when no one was watching. It was an only matter of time until that bomb that Hye-Bin was, blow up and kill everyone, and trying to hold that explosion was the best for everyone in the meantime.

the caged bird
can i go home yet?

main ballroom

outfit

click here

interactions

the devil ( Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy )

mention

ha-joon ( A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba )

I want to dance

Ah. So the Devil had returned.

All the comfort and ease that Ryeom had experienced around Ha-Joon just flew right out the window. It was like someone was standing right next to him with a chalkboard and running their nails up and down it, causing that horrible scratching sound. He had been so content with just chatting (well, more like listening to Ha-Joon speak) that as soon as Hye-Bin came back into the picture, his posture and demeanour completely changed. He went from a guy who was starting to learn how to actually express his emotions to someone who had to suppress it all.

And now Hye-Bin wanted to dance? It wasn't even a question; she didn't ask to dance with him. It was a statement. That he had no choice at all. Well, heck. He was hungry as hell. Quickly, Ryeom’s eyes scanned over to the food that was nearby before looking back at his fiancé. Dear Lord. All that food. He could imagine himself just scoffing it all down in one seating. It had been a while since he was allowed to be out of his parent’s watchful eye around food. And he had planned on taking it to his full advantage. He wanted to smother himself with the pastries. He wanted to dive and bathe in the large chocolate cake. He wanted to inhale the sugar and never let it go. But it seemed as if Hye-Bin was on his parent's side and was hell-bent on making sure he would never allow those glorious pieces of food would ever meet his lips.

I uh…” he began, stuttering a bit in a small voice “I was hoping to uh… Get some…

Well. Nope. Not today.

It felt like it was one swift moment. Hye-Bin had her Eagle like claws on his upper arm again, clinging onto her possession, and pulling him up to come and dance. It looked like he had no choice in this matter, did he? And so, instead of resisting, the poor boy just gave up and began to follow his fiancé to the dance floor. As they approached the other couples that danced in great sync, Ryeom caught sight out his parents talking to a group of people. Well, lucky him, his Umma was looking right back at him. While most parents would give an encouraging smile or a wave, Kim Ji-Eun was watching her son with intensity. Not even a smile. Not even a wave. But a firm gaze that said that she was evaluating everything that he was doing at that point.

Well, no stress, right?

As they came to the dance floor, Ryeom slowly turned to Hye-Bin. All these years of formal ballroom dance training, and now his brain was starting to have a meltdown. How did he not remember one piece of information from those lessons? Ryeom could feel his mouth becoming dry and his hands starting to sweat. It didn’t help that from the corner of his eye he could see his Umma staring down at him with that dagger gaze. Gulping slightly, he could feel himself internally screaming. He just wanted tonight to be over and done with so he could go to bed. Was that too much to ask for?

coded by weldherwings.

park so-jun
the game changer
the party hall
finally something fun.
So-Jun didn't really get a chance to hear Hyuk's reply even though it looked like he was about to say something. Before he could get a word out, Inhyeon suddenly appeared beside her, admittedly startling her a little since she'd been sure that Inhyeon had been chatting with Hye-Bin merely moments ago. Nevertheless, as she registered her presence there, So-Jun offered a smile. She tried to answer her questions, though there was an awkward pause as she felt herself being guided back to the table. She glanced back over her shoulder at Hyuk for a moment before focusing on the girl beside her again, and the questions she seemed to be asking one after the other without really waiting for an answer.

"I like most desserts," she replied, rubbing the back of her neck a little sheepishly with her free hand. So-Jun thought to elaborate, but decided to reply Inhyeon's next question instead. "Oh nothing much, really. Just hobbies. He seems nice." And she was definitely curious to learn more about him though that seemed to be cut short for the time being. They'd reached the table at that point and Ha-Joon and Ryeom were still seated there so she offered each a polite smile as she took her seat and cut into the little tart on her plate. It was delicious and that didn't surprise her. Perhaps the one thing she could get on board with of this whole new lifestyle was all the amazing food — and the fact that there was always a large variety.

So-Jun was content to sit there and enjoy the dessert in front of her though she found herself looking up as Hyuk and then Hye-Bin returned to the table, the latter looking to Ryeom with a request. Or what sounded like a demand, rather. She watched with mild amusement as Hye-Bin urged Ryeom to his feet with a look and what seemed to be an iron grip on his shoulder and the two of them were soon off toward the dance floor. A few other couples were there as well, moving along to the slow music.

While So-Jun would have preferred something more upbeat to properly dance to, slow dancing was still dancing, and it could still be relaxing. With that thought in mind, and with her having finished off the small desserts on her plate, So-Jun turned to Hyuk.

"Remember when I said you should let loose and dance?" Her smile broadened a bit. "I think you could try testing that theory now." The opportunity was certainly presenting itself, and truthfully it was the only thing that seemed enjoyable about this night besides the dessert — at least to So-Jun. Hyuk was good company too, and she didn't really think she could go up there and dance on her own.

Rising to her feet, she held a hand out to him in an almost ridiculously formal manner — which was her way of mocking the formality of it all. While she was aware that the gentlemen usually extended such invitations at events like these, she didn't see why the roles couldn't be reversed. And honestly, she didn't care. If she couldn't leave right away, she should at least try to make the most of the evening, and dancing a little would help with that.
mentions: inhyeon, hye-bin, ha-joon, ryeom. ; interactions: inhyeon, hyuk.

SEO HYUK
- the two-faced -

Hyuk slipped into the empty spot beside So-Jus, presumably much to In-Hyeon's displeasure, ready to settle at the table at last. Hye-Bin, on the other hand, apparently wasn't. He watched with an arched brow as Ryeom was dragged away, eyes like those of a despairing prisoner, to accompany her to the dance floor. He recalled her belated jab at the current status of his & Ha-Joon's friendship, thrown as he'd been walking away, and scoffed mentally. If there was anyone with the right to call him out on unstable relationships, it sure as hell wasn't Jang Hye-Bin.

"Remember when I said you should let loose and dance?" So-Jun's abrupt question redrew his focus onto her. Was this going where he thought it was? Where he wanted it to go? "I think you could try testing that theory now." So, it was. He smiled, half at the thought and half as a sort of reply to her question. His gaze flickered over to the dance floor, sparkling under the champagne-coloured chandelier light of the hall, before making to get up once again. Before he could, however, So-Jun made the first move.

His eyes trailed her, following the way she rose to her feet, her dress shimmering slightly from the movement. Wordlessly, she stared down at him, stretching out her hand toward him with all the upright-ness of some novella prince. The composed curve of Hyuk's lips broke into an amused grin, a short burst of laughter spilling from his lips that he had to put some effort into keeping quiet.

"Well," He opened, putting his hand in hers somewhat daintily, playing along, "don't mind if I do." He stood up as he spoke, glancing over for a split-second at In-Hyeon to catch her reaction. Too bad he couldn't keep his eyes there for too long without being obvious. He had to admit he would have found whatever look was on her face just a little bit satisfying.

"Let's go," He continued, his free hand dusting himself off for no reason other than the force of habit. His right hand, though, held gently but firmly onto So-Jun's as he retook the lead. Their hands fell naturally between them from the slightly awkward, upheld position it'd been in as they walked together toward the glittering dance floor. As they arrived their destination, Hyuk realized there was something he forgot to bring up: "How good are you at dancing?"

His playful grin, which had been fading back into his favourite slightly-smiling expression, returned as he turned towards her. As his hand shifted against her to grasp it properly, he pulled her a little closer by the waist and leaned down to whisper, "Do I have to prepare to be stepped on?"

outfit: click me

mood: things going suspiciously smoothly

interactions: park so-jun

codebytriples

bae inhyeon

the deceiver.

am so tired.. .

party hall

outfit

w/ a pretty necklace

mentions

hye-bin, ryeom, so-jun, hyuk, ha-joon

interactions

ha-joon

so-jun seemed somewhat flustered by her sudden appearance, though inhyeon was well aware of the fact that she tended to have that effect on people. part of her charm. though, so-jun's replies to her questions were irritated her more than she cared to admit. "he seems nice." she had to put in effort to hold back the bitter laugh that threatened to escape at that remark. if only she knew— no, if only she could tell her. but she'd be playing right into the part of the spiteful ex, wouldn't she? inhyeon had to stay one step ahead of hyuk, even if she had no clue where he was at the moment.

inhyeon slipped into the seat between so-jun and ha-joon after, though she didn't even bother to hide the displeasure on her face when hyuk appeared on the other side of so-jun. she was practically staring daggers at him, though her glare was quickly pulled away as hye-bin quite literally stormed in, barking at ryeom and dragging him away without much protest. inhyeon watched on with distaste, wondering just exactly how hye-bin could even describe their relationship as "fine". it was like watching a mistress discipline her dog, and there was nothing particularly romantic about that concept. knowing binnie, though, it was exactly what she wanted, even if talking to ryeom sometimes felt like conversing with a brick wall. bossy girls. had she been like that? subconsciously, her gaze went back to hyuk, just in time for whatever vague plans she had to go completely awry.

"remember when i said you should let loose and dance? i think you could try testing that theory now." with that cheesy line, so-jun stood and offered a hand to hyuk, and inhyeon felt like shrieking if only to let out a fraction of the frustration she was feeling. could she even still cut in if so-jun was the one giving the invitation? her eyes flicked back to hyuk, catching the amusement that crossed his features that only added to her distress. inhyeon opened her mouth, ready to say anything, only for him to deliver his positive reply first. she'd be blind if she didn't catch the split-second look that he gave her— like he was taunting her with a victory that she could do nothing about.

she hated that it was true.

her attention remained on them as they talked towards the dance floor in their ridiculous fairytale pose, watching with a lethal mix of rage and infuriatingly enough, jealousy, as he leaned down to whisper in her ear. holy fuck, she was going to burst a blood vessel. inhyeon turned back to the abandoned table save for ha-joon, murmuring a swear word under her breath, though her anger quickly faded into an inexplicable wave of sadness as she became painfully aware of the emptiness of the seats around them. like a cruel metaphor; fate's practical joke at her expense. it seemed all too often that things were at her expense. her gaze shifted to her only other companion, catching his eye and shooting him a smile, though if her emotions were anything to go by, it was probably pitifully defeated.

"i... I'm going out to get some fresh air." she got to her feet as she spoke, her arms hugging herself by her elbows. "i'm just cold." inhyeon added, as if it was any more of a convincing excuse for how vulnerable she must've looked at that very moment.

with that, she turned to head for the doors that led out of the party hall, making an extra detour to avoid having to stray near the dance floor. it allowed her the opportunity, at the very least, to check up on her parents. they were all smiles and laughter, and any thought of going over suddenly felt like she would only be interrupting. maybe a year ago she wouldn't have had any qualms doing so, but a year ago, she'd had an adoring boyfriend on her arm surrounded by other people she believed adored her too. things were very different now, and inhyeon supposed she'd changed too, even if it wasn't for the better. the thought stayed solidly in her mind as she finally found her way to the doors that led out to the carpark, shivering slightly at the night breeze hitting her bare shoulders but at the same time, relishing the bite of the cold. it was refreshing, and the quietness of her darker surroundings was somehow infinitely more comforting than the hubbub of the party hall that inhyeon usually preferred.

maybe it was nice being alone every once in a while. that'd be a nice sentiment to hold onto, even if she wished someone was here to lend her a shoulder. she should know by now that fate was rarely a pretty genie.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
Returning the short smile from So-Jun as she sat down, he thought about if he should readily strike up a conversation with her. He looked from her plate to her face and resolved not to ruin the pleasant expression on her face while she was enjoying her dessert. Ha-Joon knew that one of those very tense and awkward smiles would show up should he talk to her. He didn't get much time just him, Ryeom, and So-Jun at the table. Inhyeon promptly took the seat next to him. He didn't need to follow her gaze to know who was on the receiving end. He could make an educated guess based on the current look on her face. If looks could kill, Hyuk would have been impaled by that stare. He probably shouldn't leave in this very moment, considering he might have to hold his friend back from grabbing a fork and hurling it at her ex.

Ha-Joon's attention was once again stolen by Hye-Bin as she stormed up to the side of Ryeom as he peacefully sat there gazing off into space. His eyebrows raised in interest as she demanded that he dance with her. There was on question. Well, that was interesting. Not that the couple had a normal relationship. Ryeom never talked about his fiancée. Thought that wasn't a very good gauge of their relationship because Ryeom didn't talk much about anything. His uneasy protest was proof enough that he wasn't a hundred percent convinced in dancing with the Jang heiress. To bad she grabbed him and pulled him along anyway.

That was when So-Jun moved to get up and ask Hyuk to dance with her. Ha-Joon blinked a few times. Why were him and Inhyeon failing miserably at running defense? So-Jun was not helping them in the slightest. He had not expected her to be so forward. That wasn't a very smart assumption to make though, he was plenty aware of how bold the newest addition could be. Watching her laugh along, playing into everything that Hyuk said, it made his blood pressure rise as they walked out to the dance floor. Ha-Joon was cursing himself for not asking her to dance first despite the possible uncomfortableness. Both situations were not good. He didn't want to send the wrong signals, because after all, he wasn't planning on keeping up their little agreement for much longer. But damn he really didn't want her to fall right into Hyuk's trap.

Seeing him lean in and whisper into So-Jun's ear, his mind suddenly shifted to the last person left at the table. As his inner voice started to question once again if Inhyeon was alright, Ha-Joon turned to watch her instead of the train wreck on the dance floor. He felt his throat tighten as her expression shifted from anger to one with a bit of despair. When she turned to look at, her weak smile did nothing to make him feel any better. He nodded once when she said she was going to get some fresh air. "Yeah, ok. I should grab a bite to eat," He told her. Ha-Joon wasn't planning on following her initially. Though while he watched her walk away, arms around herself in an effort to "stay warm", there was no way he wasn't going after her.

When she disappeared through the doors, he one last check on the lovely couple over on the dance floor. His eyes narrowed, a very pointed glare directed in his ex-friend's direction. It made him feel sick that the bastard didn't even feel sorry. So despite his want to keep an eye on So-Jun and his stomach's growling protest for food, Ha-Joon got up from his seat and followed the same path that Inhyeon took. The sad look in her eyes was too much of reminder of all the tears she had already cried. Oh boy did that make the rage build up inside.

Slowly he pushed open the doors, stepping into the cool night air. The stars had been dimmed from the city lights nearby, making the night feel much more lonely and dark. He noticed her figure right away. Standing there, alone. Ha-Joon made steps towards her, shrugging off his jacket in the few seconds it took to come up behind her, and gently draping it over her shoulders. His hands smoothed the fabric, they lingered just a little longer on her arm in an effort to comfort her further. "What? You said you were cold. Maybe you should have brought a sweater," He stated matter-of-factly, fists diving into his pockets while he stood by her side. Even still if his words held very little meaning on the surface, Ha-Joon's concern showed very heavily on his face. A deep sigh gently fell into the dark. He shook his head in annoyance. "He's an asshole Inhyeon, he isn't worth it," Frustration clearly on every word he spoke. Even if he said it a thousand times, not just for her but for his own benefit, he couldn't help but wonder if this could have all been avoided. How he had been so stupid? How could he have seen it sooner and helped her avoid this hurt? He wasn't usually the type to insight to violence, but seeing Hyuk parade around completely unscathed made him want to cause him pain. If he didn't seem to be feeling it emotionally, well, there were other ways to make him experience it.

Yoo Ha-Joon
Mood:
He never deserved you.
Interactions:
Inhyeon ( Uxie Uxie )
Outfit:
c9b6cf524171409078d447f0054eb38e.jpg

Jang Hye-bin

The Broken Legacy

Mood:

What are you doing?

Party Hall

Outfit:

Tags:

Ryeom

Did Hye-Bin want to dance? Not really she just wanted to find an excuse to stay away from everyone, especially So-Jun she couldn't stand any minute longer be near her and seeing how everyone drool around her. It was just disgusting she couldn't believe her so-called friends to all those brainless people that just wanted to get along with the peasant, she was just an uncultured person. If someone told Hye-Bin that So-Jun was related to the savages she would believe it, she would never be part of Sky Castle and for some reason, she was the only one with enough brain cells to realize it.

Dragging Ryeom to the dancefloor for sure wasn't the most romantic and nicest way to do it right in front of everyone and not when they were supposed to pretend they were madly in love and couldn't wait to get married and live happily ever after, what a bullshit, sure she wasn't in love with Ryeom, but at least she could deal with his presence, and she might haven't dragged him if she didn't take to long to reply and Hye-Bin hated waiting, but it seemed that night that his brain was replying slower than usual, great just great

Instead, the only answer she received from the boy was just stuttering about wanting something, what the hell he wanted? Water? Food? Go to the bathroom? Couldn't he give a proper answer "What you want will have to wait after we dance" she replied not even asking what he wanted and it wasn't like she was really interested as she dragged him to the dancefloor.

Just as they made it to the dancefloor she hoped for once Ryeom would take the initiative so they could start to dance, but it was almost as if Hye-Bin was almost asking for an apple tree to give oranges, that wouldn't happen, instead of Ryeom acting like a real man he was just a deer in the headlights that didn't know what to do, now having to deal with Ryeom having a crisis for being surrounded with people that was probably watching the young couple was the last thing Hye-Bin needed, not after having to be near close to So-Jun and seeing how Inhyeon was still getting affected by the asshole of Hyuk, she just needed something to go right and Ryeom was ruining it.

She got as close as she could so no one would hear her "What do you think you are doing? I told you I want to dance, not to make a fool of myself in front of everyone because you look like you are about to pass out. So you have one option and that's to pretend that you know what you are doing and that you are madly in love with me." She whispered in his ear, making sure her point was clear and that Ryeom only had one option to get it together and start dancing with her soon.

After she said that to Ryeom she noticed how So-Jun and Hyuk were coming to the dancefloor too, just what she needed to have So-Jun close to her once again, but at least that only meant that she wasn't close to Inhyeon, maybe that was a reality check to her best friend the type of person that So-Jun didn't care about the history between Hyuk and Inhyeon, couldn't she just pretend a little bit that she wasn't a golddigger, later she noticed how Inhyeon left the party hall followed by loyal puppy Ha-Joon, he always wanting to support to his friends, he couldn't understand his reasoning behind that, while he was sure was going to say nice and cheerful words to Inhyeon, Hye-Bin was more the type of actions and while she felt sorry for her friend seeing how hurt she was and wanted to kill Hyuk for hurting her like that, it was also a reality check to Inhyeon to realize the type of person that So-Jun was, and where her loyalties should be which there wasn't a lot to think of, she needed to be on Hye-Bin's side.

♡design by stardust galaxy, coded by uxie♡

the caged bird
but... why him?

main ballroom

outfit

click here

interactions

the devil ( Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy )

mention

hyuk ( triples triples ) + so-jun ( natasha. natasha. )

Prior to this moment, Ryeom would’ve said that he would rather hang out with Hye-Bin than with his parents. Even though their marriage was arranged and they had to pretend like they liked each other for the sake of their image (and their family’s image), there was still something that told him that she wasn’t as bad as his parents. Sure, she sometimes belittled him. But deep down he knew that she was only doing it so the pair of them would look good before everyone else and their parents. She was the mastermind of this relationship and she was the one who knew what was best for them. He just tagged along and hoped for the best.

However, as she leant over and whispered in his ear, his mind had been completely made up. Never once did he ever feel trapped by Hye-Bin. But right in this very moment, she made him feel utterly and completely trapped. That there were no other options and his free will as a person was revoked. What made things even worse was the hissing in her voice. It was almost triggering; it was exactly how his parents spoke to him, prewarning him that they would talk when they got home from events. Their way of telling him that he wasn’t living up to their expectations. So, of course, hearing Hye-Bin speak in such a manner was a shock to him. So much so, that he felt like someone had just punched him in between his eyes and he was trying his absolute damn hardest to not let his eyes water.

His teeth pressed down hard, gnawing and grinding ever so slightly to cover up the emotions that were swirling up inside, Ryeom simply nodded to his fiancé to show her that he understood what she was saying. You’d never understand just how hard it was to pretend to be utterly and completely in love with someone like her. He was going to need an Emmy after this performance.

Releasing a soft shaky inhale, his dark eyes flickered over to So-Jun and Hyuk that were making their way to the dancefloor. He could feel his stomach knot up as he watched Hyuk hold onto So-Jun and whispered in her ear. Was it the hunger and his desire to eat that was causing stomach pain? Or was it looking over and seeing So-Jun like this that was the reason for the knotting? Whatever the reason, he couldn’t bear to look at it anymore. So, instead, he silently placed his hand upon Hye-Bin’s waist and took hold of her other hand. It was almost as if seeing So-Jun and Hyuk had whipped the memory of how to dance back into his brain. He just wanted to look away from what was in front of him and apparently, that was enough for his brain to bring back those many years of formal ballroom training. And so, silently and praying that he wasn’t going to step onto Hye-Bin’s feet, Ryeom began the structured dance pattern that had been drilled into his head as a young teenager.

coded by weldherwings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back