• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings singin' in the dead of night (partner search!)

DreamingBlackbird

currently: simping for dodie
DreamingBlackbird's Partner Search

• Hey peeps! The name's DreamingBlackbird, an 18-year old idiot who wants to get back to writing and roleplaying again. College is currently pulling at my hair and giving me the shock of a lifetime, but I figured there was no better way to alleviate stress than to get back to the hobby I once set aside in favor of...getting unnecessary eyebags.

The hobby, my friends, is roleplaying. That said, I've been doing it for about six years or so, and just recently I've returned to this site after some months-long hiatus--so to those that I may have ghosted, I apologize, I didn't mean to, and if y'all want to write with me again then feel free to hit me up.

What I can offer:

1. Dedication! Though admittedly this is something that we both need to have to take full effect. I love plotting, and I love gushing over characters, and marveling in the world that we could create.
    2. Fun! Okay this is subjective of course, but I'll try my best to make the RP fun for both of us.
    3. Content! I average about 300-500 words a post, sometimes less and sometimes more. It's not really about the writing length and more about giving my partner something to work with to keep the story going. That said, sometimes I like putting in small details in posts--be it about our characters, the world, the plot, and whatnot
    4. I also have Discord, if that's more your cup of tea.
    5. Frequency: I'm a stay-at-home college freshman. Although online classes suck, they do provide the advantage of having more free (and flexible) time. I won't guarantee anything, but if I had to estimate I'd say I can whip up one response every 4-5 days or so? Don't be afraid to remind me though, and I'll always try to give a heads-up!
    6. (this was one of my longest ones, and should by no means be a measure of my usual reply lengths but rather a display of my usual writing style)

Breathe...

Cold, heavy rain beats down on a limping figure, the smell of petrichor and blood mixing up an awful stench amidst the forest air. Thunder rumbles overhead, its arrival followed by a flash of lightning that momentarily illuminates the surrounding area. For a moment, panic surges through Saoirse's being as she instinctively ducks down, resisting the urge to scream as her wounded leg scrapes against the cold ground. Somewhere in the distance, she could still hear the voices of the Crownsguard, loud and angry and evidently getting closer with every second. She needed to run, now.

But where?

Just breathe.

Body trembling, Saoirse forces herself to crawl despite the pain. She didn't have the time to gauge exactly what injuries she had sustained, but her leg was burning like a thousand hells and she could feel an arrow sticking out of her side. The world was a blurry mess, and it was getting harder to breathe and think with every passing second. Right now, Saoirse knew only one thing--she didn't want to die.

Not that it made her situation any less easier.

Breathe, Saoirse.

It wasn't long before she could clearly hear the clanking of metal--the footsteps of the Crownsguard, about a dozen of them slowing down and approaching her. She knew fully well that they were taking their time, letting her feel as much pain as possible before they would give the final blow. After all, she had nothing and no one left to fight with--dying and hopeless, left to scramble in dirt to satisfy the populace's immense hatred for her kind.

"That's right, cursed roach," she could hear the grin in the guard's voice, gleeful and sadistic. "There's nowhere to run now, ain't there?"

Oh, the hatred. It had always been there, even before the reign of the new king. A society mistrusting of mages--perhaps even jealous of what they were capable of--was a dangerous thing to encourage. And yet, when a new monarch took over, the hatred quickly amplified. Houses were burned, families were broken, lives were lost--and all because they possessed abilities that the world was yet to fathom. Correction: abilities that the world would never fathom, now that the mage populace was close to zero.

Close to.

"Wallow in the mud where you belong." It took a second for Saoirse to see the metal boot closing in, and the next thing she knew pain was shooting up her face, the kick forcing blood out of her mouth. It didn't take long for another guard to kick her in the stomach, close to where the arrow had embedded on her side. Then came another kick, and another, and another, metal colliding with flesh and bone. Saoirse forced herself to stay awake, to feel the pain rather than sleep and never wake up again.

Breathe. Just breathe. Breathe, Saoirse. Breath. Breathe. Breathe.

"You all deserve to die!" And with that exclamation came a finality, a last kick to Saoirse's chest that throws her backwards. There was a sickening crack, and then silence save for the weakening patter of rain. For a while she lay there motionless, fingers digging down the dirt, teeth gritted, body shivering from the cold and the pain and the heaviness of it all. But mostly, it was from anger and fear, emotions she knew she was sharing with these ignorant, ironclad men. Anger and fear--two things that have driven her to run since the start of the slaughter.

Run.

Slowly, Saoirse forced herself to stand up. It was a difficult thing to do, what with bleeding scars and bruises all over her body, but she managed. She had to. She didn't want to die. She was afraid of the very thought, as much as she'd told herself time and time again to be brave.

"Lo and behold, the roach still stands!" Their voices were mocking now, almost laughing, and one of them approaches her with the same sinister grin she'd felt not long ago. Saoirse raises a hand, weak sparks of magic flickering off of it, but nothing comes out. Instead, the guard grips it hard and pulls her closer to him, leaning in for a whisper. "Let's just get this over with, shall we?"

She heard the sibilant ssshing! before she felt the cold metal stab through her abdomen, and whatever numb pain she'd been feeling earlier comes back anew. She could hear the guard laughing as he lets her go, the momentum making her body fall down.

It doesn't hit wet ground, however.

She had landed on solid concrete.

The spell had worked...Sure, the world was still a blurry mess and she was feeling ten kinds of pain at the same time, but the spell had worked. She'd escaped them...for now.

I need to--

Then everything went black.

Some points to note:
    1. This probably goes without saying but please refrain from one-liners. One or two paragraphs is generally my minimum, so long as it gives me something to work with. Details in posts are also very much appreciated! I like to know what your character is thinking, what mysteries they hold, what the world looks like in their eyes, anything!
    2. I've played a range of characters before, from knights of an unknown land to your typical stressed college student who just needs coffee to survive. That said, I also love working with multiple characters, and although it's not a requirement on your end I'd appreciate it if you're up for it too!
    3. Romance isn't a must, though I do enjoy it.
    4. This isn't a strict enforcement, but it'd be preferable if you were 16+. I just find it comfortable to roleplay with others close to my age.
    5. Gimme a ten-letter word! Now!
    6. I am very fond of character development. Let's develop various relationships for our characters! Give them joy, give them pain, let them suffer but also let them smile! That! Sort! of! Stuff!

Interested? Send me a PM!
(I find it more organized, but if you can't send PMs yet then feel free to reply to this thread!)

Hey there! I think that we might be really good rp partners. Here is my 1x1 check just in case you'd like to check it out and see if anything I have cooked up (from plots to ocs) interests you! I'd love to hear more about the "One's an immortal, one's a reincarnation. Why do they keep running into each other?" idea. Anyways, feel free to PM me!

Hey uh strawberry?

But also I really really love your third plot! Especially if itโ€™s dystopian! Iโ€™d also be really into pirates or even space pirates if youโ€™re into that??? Iโ€™m super cool with doubling and I have a pair of twin OCs (one m one f) that I would love to use! Discord is also preferable since itโ€™s just easier to navigate and mobile friendly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back