• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
"She keeps asking if we're engaged and insisting that our children of quote 'mixed heritage' would be quite adorable, and it was kind of freaking me out." She pushed her locks back and secured them with a leather string to keep them out of her face. "I hate it when people start to insist on my reproductivity, so I sedated her a little more, prepared some infusions for her baths and her tea to keep her calm and I came outside." she finished sighing and resting her hand on her hip to emphasize her point.

Lini had been hoping to see Lee work more, she could sense all of this power beneath the surface but, she wanted to see how he channeled it. Something about him was different than the sense that she god from other people, not just that he was powerful, but something else lurked beneath the surface there as well...something she couldn't quite put her finger on.

She shrugged and wandered over to a small boulder that sat on the property though it was clearly for decoration, she perched herself on it and stared at Lee "If you wanna go back in and plan our engagement, go right ahead but I'm staying right here until it's time to leave."

Leander had not predicted that Antionette Cavalé would assume so heavily that he and Lini were engaged. The fact that Lini had sedated the woman, and gave her infusions for a bath and tea was less surprising for Leander. He wasn't a healer, so he wouldn't have done the same per say... the sentiments were the same at least. He would have left the woman alone as soon as he could. Touching the house, he let his magic linger over the house as he activated the wards and charms.

From house to card pouch, Leander's hands directed him back towards the door of the house, pulling a single magic card out along with another smaller one.
"I suppose it is for the best that it is now time to leave." Leander moved within the home searching for the woman, finding her humming to herself pearls in hand. "Antionette."
She sat up with a jerk like motion, "Leander dear?"
"I must leave."
"Oh yes! The urgent matters."
Leander gave the softest of smiles. "Please reconsider my proposition. We of Flyte & Thorne United will be more easily available to serve you."
"Thank you so much Leander." The woman stood and hugged him, avoiding the statement. "Please be safe on your journey. Oh! I have not prepared any snacks for you."
"It is much alright. You must rest." He kissed her cheek. "You know how to find me."
Leander placed the smaller business card in her hand. It was his personal card and would ensure this woman did not forget him entirely when he activated his memory spell. Most of the time, he would not care but for this client he had to. He needed her to remember him in part even if the rest of the town did not.

Antionette walked Leander and Lini to the edge of her property thanking them again, before Leander took the lead to walk away. He offered his arm to Lini, "Take my arm Lini. You wouldn't want this spell to affect you."
He did not care if the woman in the distance saw Lini take his arm. For the moment he felt Lini's touch he activated the spell. He could feel the way it whipped through town taking the memories that he specifically wanted on his appearance, age, voice, and every other identifying feature. They would all know he had been there, but nothing else about him. Antionette would know more the moment she touched the business card once again, for Antionette needed to remember more.

Leander placed the card in its case once more and took out his journal with his map. "We must head down the river towards Straone. Dangerous? Yes. But it is the least active route from my notes."

Last edited:
Lini took his arm nervously, wanting to ask about the spell that he was performing but thought better of it. She felt a warmth and a surge of energy past her body and the whole home as they walked away was tinted in the gentlest of blue. She furrowed her brow at the sight wondering what the spell could be, not realizing that they had stopped and that Lee was speaking to her.

"We must head down the river towards Straone. Dangerous? Yes. But it is the least active route from my notes."

She snapped to attention at once. She'd traveled much with her family, but always with a guard and a carriage offering some sort of protection along the way. "It will be a bit dangerous, and the currents of the river are swift this time of year. Are you a sailor?" she asked eyeing him as though she were trying to imagine his slight build pulling ropes on a ship. She continued, "That doesn't matter too much, I feel like I'm armed well enough if you wish to walk instead."

Was he a sailor? No. Why would he ever position himself at the hands of the elements so thoughtlessly. He thought about responding to her that they would be walking but figured that she seemed to want it as much as he did too. Silently, Leander walked on searching the fields before coming to the location of where he had left his carriage for transport. It wasn't a massive transport vehicle, but it would fit too people. He simply hoped that the weight of two people wouldn't shatter the magic of it. He hoped.

Revealing the carriage, he checked to make sure that it would run when it recognized his magic signature. Truly he wished he had his Body Beast, Alcor, a modified Griffin for his control. Slipping a whistle from his side bag, he blew into it hoping that at this distance the whistle would still register the summons. It was created by Evangeline Arline as a commission by his Master, but he consistently worried about it. Without so much as a word to Lini about what he had done, why, or what they were planning, he opened the door to his carriage and starred her down.

When she finally took a seat inside, he followed her in, and began to flow his magic into the machine to make it go. Luckily the time it hadn't been used, left it in good enough condition. Once the machine had enough of his magic, he took out his letter and map.
"We will stop here for the night," he pointed at the distance approximated in his head, "and make camp. May I ask how you made it all the way here to find me? I should have asked if you had transport, perhaps but I suspect you have none."

Last edited:
She smiled at the rather furious flash across his features as he contemplated her question, but spurred onward by his silence she followed him down a path towards the fields outside of the town. As they wandered through the grasses, searching for something she couldn't tune her eyes through Lini huffed slightly. What could he have possibly hidden in this field

Lini smiled as the answer to her question revealed itself a few minutes later. A carriage came into view, it was beautiful. One used by the upper class that could actually have them made for real travel throughout the country. She wondered where the creature was that would pull it, but after a rather stern look from Lee, she withheld her question and settled into the carriage's seat.

She watched him intently as he used his magic to slowly power the carriage, and with a gentle lurch, they began to move forward. " I got a ride here from a friend," she said simply looking at him over the map. "I don't have any transportation that we need to worry about."

Nothing to worry about? He hadn't. If she had, it was long gone then. Sliding the envelope from his jacket, Leander decided it was time to read what Izaiah had sent him. Ripping it open he was met with the thick perfume of Flyte & Throne, the swells of Izaiah's handwriting, and the crisp sound of the paper opening.

Leander,

I do hope your mission went splendidly. I hope to hear about your journey and progress over tea with Mrs. Cavalé by the time you come home. I have written this letter to express my heartfelt worries and concerns for you on your journey. My dearest nephew, you know how I worry.

Leander skimmed the contents of the letter looking for the pattern in the words to determine the cipher and then picked out the code. He had assumed correct, the path he had originally planned out for his return had been compromised. It seemed that the safest route was not only longer but traveled deep into anti-ATTU country. Straone was the largest of their enemies, and currently it would provide them with the safest passage. Memorizing the details of the instructions on how to get through, Leander folded the letter once more. Fear of discovery did not cross his mind, as no one would get the letter off of him.

"Do you have travel visas on you?" Leander casually looked out the window of the carriage. If Lini did not, he would have to forge them for her. Did he have the necessary items? No. Did he really want to go to the person who would that Izaiah said would be there? No. However what he wanted was negligible for their safe journey back to The Republic.

Lini watched him closely as he read his letter. She could feel another question bubbling up, but held it in watching the progression of his expressions instead. They were slight, almost minuscule twitches in the muscles on his face. They were twitches that conveyed a slight annoyance, a change in plan perhaps? She decided to drop it and glance out of the carriage window, so as not to appear too interested in the contents of his letter.

The sky was a bright blue as the sun settled high overhead, but the day itself was mild, spring was in the air and the weather was comfortable. The field gave way that they had parked in eventually gave way to the dusty road leading away from town. She frowned slightly, they were heading away from the city and deeper into more dangerous county. Her hand nervously shifted towards her staff which sat next to her, propped on the seat.

His question startled her, she'd been deep in thought about their route and where they were going to be next. She reached into her shirt and pulled out a pouch that hung securely beneath her corset. It contained her travel documents, official and others she kept in case she didn't want anyone to know who her family was.

"So what's in Straone?" she asked trying to strike up what she hoped was a casual conversation.

"So what's in Straone?" The question from Lini's lips was as casual as could be without her realizing how close it hit to their status and movement. In her hand she held the documents that he had requested, making his job regarding her easier than it would be for himself.

"My brother is in Straone." Would he still be angry in regards to their last argument? Leander had gotten into a fight with him, although not on purpose. Leander didn't even remember the argument. Hyacinth would. Hyacinth always remembered extraneous details. Now he had to see his brother. Starring at the carriage screen, he redirected their path shifting it ever so slightly to lock on to the magic signature of on Hyacinth Adair, his name showing on the screen for the smallest of second before disappearing. "He will help us attain safe passage through Straone, then we travel through anti-magic territory."

Leander sat back starring into the clouds. When would Alcor arrive? While he was in Straone. How unpleasant that would be.

--

Awel checked over her disguise on water's edge. She looked human enough. Right? When was the last time she had seen a human? Was her face too symmetrical still? Was her hair the right color? Did her skin glow too purple? Her ears were far too sharp. She had trained for this, and yet she felt that this perfectly human reflection she had wasn't human enough.

"Yu girl." Awel heard the slur of a voice in the trees. Looking up from waters edge she saw drunk soldiers waddling their way towards her from the direction she had planned to travel. "Yuh lost?"

"No." Was her accent too thick? She sounded like an elf didn't she? She could not let this mission end in failure. "What is happening here?"
"War." The man answered. Magical warfare? Of course humans would have magical warfare. She did not have the time or patience to get involved in these childish spats that humans had. She needed to save her people. "We can help you home if you like."

"No. I'm alright." She backed up from waters edge ready to run should she so have to. Which way would she run? Back through that disaster of an anti magic country? No. Not after she had gotten so far away from it. The roar of a beast built with a machine -- taboo and against the gods -- shook Awel into a scurried run through the forest and away from the war that had broken out between magic factions. Humans did not deserve magic, look at how they destroyed the world.

--

Leander heard the roar and immediately tried to identify the intonation, pitch, species, and maker. It was a low maker, broken and rattled by the sound of the voice. It would be of no one of importance. Species wise, it was a bear call. Perhaps a Mountainlyt Bear? The pitch was too high, but the intonation was right, broken by the sound of manipulation of a Body Tech's magic. It was too broken, too disgusting. It was the results of bad magic forced to manipulate the body of a living animal without the proper skill to do so.

"And that is why we are not passing through proper ATTU countries." He turned from the window as the sky bursted in explosions and light. Speeding up the carriage he made sure that they would get as far as they could from the battle as possible. His letter had said magic factions were fighting within the country. Straone was their safe passage, when war was concerned. After all. Leander was Leander Tempest. War may not be safe, but an enemy country always would be.

Last edited:
"My brother is in Straone."

Lini tilted her head, trying to contain her surprise. It was weird to think that Leander had a brother, or much of a family either. It was weird to imagine him as a child, laughing, smiling. Something about Leander was so powerful, so ethereal, you'd have almost imagined he'd popped out of the ground exactly as he was before her.

"He will help us attain safe passage through Straone, then we travel through anti-magic territory."

Lini watched a shadow cross his face, and wondered if something outside had gone wrong, or if not all was well as it seemed with his family as he'd lead her to believe. She nodded silently and turned her head out of the window, wondering to herself. Clouds had started to gather and the sky was starting to darken. Her eyelids felt heavy and the gentle rocking of the carriage lulled her slightly.

She started immediately at the sound of the roar. Her ears rang from its incredibly unnatural pitch. Red tinged her vision as she recognized the pain, suffering, and anger in the call. Her eyes burned from the intensity and a single tear streaked down her cheek.

"And that is why we are not passing through proper ATTU countries."

Lini nodded silently as she felt the carriage speed up, angling them away from whatever commotion had caused the sound. Red and yellow tinged the dark sky as fire and explosions caught to the trees. Lini wiped the wetness from her cheek and stared. "I knew that the infighting had been bad, but..." she trailed off as the roar sounded again. "Things have been getting out of control within factions of the ATTU."

To say that things were getting out of control... Leander was inclined to believe that it was an understatement. He wouldn't say that it was in part because of Flyte & Throne, but it was. His family was profiting from the infighting as well as the control procedures. His next mission would, undoubtedly, be connected to the fighting. That was, if Lini's was not solved quickly. Leander focused on ahead, not wanting to think of the battle that was raging behind them.

It was several uneventful days later that they were approaching the boarder all too quickly, that Leander began to go through his stuff, prepared to make the stop at the border and to find his brother. He knew that his sudden interest in his stuff would catch Lini's attention. "We will be arriving soon."

It was the moment that his eyes traveled from the monitor for control to the letter once more that the sensors went wild. Leander's head snapped up focusing on the figure that dropped from the sky before them sending the breaks into full pressure. "What?"

Then they were tumbling.

--

Awel hadn't wanted to be this close to the border, not again, however traveling around it seemed to be the only option she had. Jumping through the trees, Awel saw what looked a carriage off in the distance headed towards the boarder as well. Were they fleeing from the war? Would they help her? Probably not. Chasing after the quick carriage she found her self looking at it as it approached her. She saw that it wasn't being pulled by anything. That meant it was being run on magic. Who had enough magic to move a carriage that fast?

Suddenly her worry sky rocketed. This was a high classed Technician and if they learned what she was. No... She could not let that happen. Moving to disappear into the woods, a bird came swooping down from the woods towards her. Misstepping she fell from the tree branch towards the ground. Maneuvering her body in mid air she landed on her feet, ducking down and taking a deep breath. Birds didn't attack like that. Had the men still chased her? Had that bird been on them? No.

Looking up to the sky she watched as the carriage tumbled over her. Eyes locking with one of the compartment inhabitants, she felt her blood rush to her head. Had she caused them to go tumbling? It was as soon as she saw the eyes that the carriage went towards the ground and revealed itself to be empty.

The bird squealed again raring up to pin her down. She had heard of beasts who were controlled for tracking and those men must have been tracking her. Her disguise hadn't been good enough. Or they had been worse than those who hunted elves. She had heard about traders who stole people from the woods.

She needed to get the bird away from the two in the carriage the spun and seemed to spark from magic.

"Follow me you poor creature." Awel spoke to the bird and started off in the woods hoping to drag the trackers off the trail of those she had accidentally hurt.

--

Leander's mind went into overdrive in a second, his magic fully activating the moment the carriage launched into the air. Cards out, he cast Freeze, Vision, Warp, and Fly all at once. Reaching for Lini, he watched the world through her eyes, figuring out the best way to get out. He grabbed her things and then pulled her towards the door ready to use Warp to get away. Releasing Freeze, he pulled Lini from the flying carriage and then towards the ground and into hiding just as they were about to touch the ground.

The moment that he had Lini away from the carnage he released the spell and looked to the individual who looked to the carriage, to the sky, and then spoke. "Follow me you poor creature." She ran from the sparking carriage back to the forest followed by a hunting bird. She was being tracked and they needed to move immediately.

"You okay?" Leander asked Lini as he pulled his Revert card towards him and restored the carriage. The sound and use of magic would already send out a signal. Riding in the carriage any further would be an issue. He then cast Gravitron, Warp, and Space to change the shape of the restored Carriage to a smaller and lighter variant, that he then placed in his work room, and portable Space that he had with him at all times. Space was supposed to be used for creation, but it worked just as well as a pocket dimension for holding things. Leander, as a Creation Technician, did not need to have the spell laid on a bag or similar object, not as long as the spell was activated and he had his card. It was smarter to have it on a bag, however having too many personal items that people could rifle through if captured, was an issue. He couldn't have more than necessary to implicate him as a Technician.

Pulling back his magic, he kept it partially active. "I don't know what she was, but she's being tracked. We should head out before the trackers begin to track us too. From this point we are on foot." He tossed her, her things before brushing his clothes off from their dirt and placing his cards away in their case at his side. His brother should not be too far away from them and with the commotion, Leander wasn't surprised in Hyacinth would find him first.

Lini swore as the carriage went tumbling around her, the world was skewed, and she had no idea what was going on. She braced herself for the sharp impact of her body hitting the ground, and suddenly she was standing on the side of the dirt road next to Leander. It took a moment for her to steady herself. Looking down, her clothes didn't even have so much as a speck of dirt on them. The urge to ask how Lee had saved them was suddenly interrupted by the screeching of a creature overhead.

A hunting bird circled them, and Lini's heart skipped a beat. She worried that someone from her family may have sent someone to come and find her. But as the bird changed directions, heading more towards the trees she let out a gentle breath. It wasn't after them. She saw a shimmering of color moving in the forest, sprinting away from them. Lini silently hoped to the gods that whoever was running from that hunting bird wasn't in too much trouble.

"You okay?"

His question brought her back to her senses. Lini nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little shaken is all." She watched him repair the carriage and then it instantly vanished.

"I don't know what she was, but she's being tracked. We should head out before the trackers begin to track us too. From this point, we are on foot."

Lini nodded, not being able to find words in reply. She felt a tingling in the back of her neck, and a chill ran down her spine. She agreed with him wholeheartedly. It seemed as though every cell in her body wanted to get out of this place. After waiting for Leander to dust himself off, she set off at a quick pace down the road. Her hand twitching as it reached towards the knife she kept on her hip.

The journey through the thicket was not too devilish, Leander figured. It could be worse. He could have taken more time traveling through it, in an attempt to by pass his brother and enter Straone illegally. However, Leander was trained better than that. Thus he tried to figure out what he would say.

"Hello, Hya. How are you. I'm sorry." For whatever they were fighting about this time. Maybe he needed to remember. It would probably please Hyacinth. Or he could just seduce Hyacinth and get that over with. Seduction seemed like a better option that remembering some petty argument that had them. Seduction always worked to pacify Hyacinth. That was what he'd do. Instead he'd say something like. "Hyacinth." and then nothing more before taking Hyacinth away. It would work. It had in the past.

The trees began to clear and the customs building stood proudly on the gated boarder of Straone. The building towered above the landscape as they approached, etched out in the sky and demanding anyone who tried to cross to cross there. The fence was buzzing with electricity, to keep unwanted guests out. They had arrived.

Leander checked his clothes, his hat, his shoes. Nothing about him screamed ATTU. (Except for perhaps everything. Leander did not subscribe to the principal of subtlety.) Leander pulled his case of cards from his side and tucked them under his clothes. He cut his magic down more than it was already, not turning it off for he could die if he did. No one wanted him to die. Not there.

"Okay Lini. Just... Don't speak with your accent from home." Leander slipped into his Straone accent. "Do you know the Straone language?" He hoped she did as they walked through the doors of the customs building, the big metal doors that lit up with their touch. All eyes on them immediately. Thus it began. Leander's eyes traveled across the room searching for the one person who could save them now. The familiar hair cut, muscles from the physical labor and skill, stature that was that of an adult, and eyes that bore into Leander's soul the moment that Leander's eyes met them. Hyacinth's hair was not the warm gold stained white that it traditionally was, instead it was dyed black perhaps for a disguise. Hyacinth's hair was naturally golden white with red that ran through it when his powers were activated, the opposite of Leander's. Hyacinth never turned off his powers either, as was their training. Still, the black hair was unbecoming on Hyachinth's natural tanned skin, that was darker from where he was working now.

Leander's heart defenses broke a little when he saw Hyacinth watching him from across the hall and moving towards them, knowing the mission to get Leander home. This was his bedmate, and soulmate, the one who knew him best. No matter how stern Leander wanted to be with Hyacinth, how they were supposed to be rivals within Flyte & Thorne. This was his family. The family that had always been there for him in his darkest days. Hyacinth Adair.

"Hello Hya."

And all his plans shattered.

Last edited:
Hyacinth Adair was leaning against the cool wooden frame of the door. The inner lobby of the customs building was sweltering as usual, and today there wasn't enough to do to keep him engaged. His dark hair was beginning to stick to the sweat that was gently beading at his hairline. His eyes wandered upward, watching the wooden fan blades circle slowly above them and he heard the door across the room open. He saw the slim figure of two young people enter the door. A man and a woman. His eyes slid to the head of the man-platinum blonde hair...

His muscles tensed as he took large strides to the pair, his boots echoing loudly on the polished marble floor. As he got closer he saw it more clearly, yes, it was him. Heat in his gut overtook him as he raised his hand.

"Hello, Hya."

He wasn't sure what overcame him, but in the next instant his knuckles screamed out with a splitting pain and the figure of Leander was sprawled out on the floor. His platinum hair was stark against the dark marble and a thin streak of blood ran from his nose. He shook his hand vigorously against the pain of the hit and looked up.

The startled face of the woman with him appeared. Her emerald eyes wide with shock, he coughed and felt a burning of embarrassment creep into his cheeks. "Hello, I'm Hyacinth," he said reaching out his hand and shaking the woman's. While her mouth had closed her eyebrows were still raised in shock, though her face now conveyed a mild amount of amusement. "I'm Leander's partner," he added sheepishly, running his free hand through the long black strands of his hair that had now fallen into his face.

--

Lini felt one of the corners of her mouth twitch as she shook the other man's hand. She cleared her throat to suppress the bubbling of laughter that threatened to come out. "It's nice to meet you," she said, hoping that her Straone wasn't incomprehensible. Her gaze moved down to the very clearly unconscious "I think you knocked him out." She crouched down to get a closer look, a bruise was blooming where Hyacinth's punch had broken his nose, which was still bleeding slightly. His chest moved up and down slowly, "Other than a broken nose he should be alright," she finished, biting her lip in thought before standing back up and regarding the other man. "Do you have a place we can take him so we can get some salve on that cut?"

--

Hyacinth smiled, he liked this woman. Her accent when she spoke Straone was interesting, exotic. He was curious about where she was from, and why she was traveling with Lee. He knew however that people would start getting suspicious if they remained in the lobby of the customs building too long. No one suspected what he and Lee actually did, but the masters wouldn't be too happy that they'd caused a scene in a place that they didn't have as much control as they'd have liked.

"Please, I don't live too far from here. We can take him to my home and we'll get him patched up right away and you can tell me what you both are doing here in Straone." Hyacinth crouched down and picked up Leander, slinging him over his shoulder as though he were nothing more than a sack of potatoes. As angry as he was, secretly Hyacinth was incredibly relieved to see Leander alive and in one piece. Nodding to the other guards in the lobby he lead Lini through the other doors on the opposite side of the room and out into the sunshine.

Only a few minutes had passed before they reached Hyacinth's cottage. It was larger than most, but as they entered plump and cozy furniture greeted them everywhere. Hyacinth carried Lee upstairs and laid him in his bed, removing his clothes and covering his sleeping form tenderly while Lini tended to his wound. Once they were finished Hyacinth lead them downstairs to wait while Leander woke up.

--

Lini took a seat in the wooden chair across the roughly hewn table and took in Hyacinth fully. She had so many questions burning in her head. "So..." she said, attempting to sound nonchalant, "What's up with you punching Lee in the face? I know he can be kind of insensitive but what exactly did he do?" She watched the flush return to the other man's cheeks and listened intently as he explained all about his and Lee's relationship.
"So he just left for a mission 6 months ago and you haven't heard or seen anything from him?" she asked, leaning back in her chair in shock. It didn't seem totally out of character for Leander from what she knew about him, but it still seemed odd.
She watched the way his eyes lit up as he spoke about working with Lee and could see a tender pink radiate from him. She suspected there was more between them but decided that it was probably person between the two of them and left it alone.

--

Hyacinth leaned into the table once he had finished speaking. He was eager to be able to ask questions about his Lee's traveling companion. No, he paused. Not his Lee. His Lee wouldn't have abandoned him to go get into gods knew what kind of trouble in hostile territories without sending any kind of message about his whereabouts or safety. He shook his head trying to focus on the woman in front of him. She was incredibly beautiful. Her locs framed her face in a way that even he found pleasing. He found his gaze wandering over her, the curve of her body, the delicate thinness of her fingers...No. This was not what he needed from her, he wanted to know what she was doing with Lee, and why he had brought her to these territories.

"So how did you come to meet Leander?" he asked in a voice that he hoped was causal. His hands crossed over themselves, twisting as he listened to the story of how she sought Leander out, and her quest to find someone to help her with her rather unusual brand of magic. His expression suddenly became serious with interest as Lini explained her powers and her status within the unions. He was so interested, he didn't hear the footsteps on the stairs.

Last edited:
Leander woke to the sting of his nose that felt somewhere between a light pounding and a open cut. He broke my nose, was his next thought as the only memories that Leander had was seeing Hyacinth and then Hyacinth's fist flying towards his face. The man was obviously pissed. At what? Leander was still in the dark about what exactly it had been. Leander shifted under the covers that were tightened around him in the way Hyacinth always did to keep Leander warm. Of course the fear of being cold would not have been an issue if Leander was wearing any clothes.

How much blood had he lost that Hyacinth thought it was perfectly acceptable to undress him completely?

Leander's eyes traveled over the room taking in the decor, frame, wood, smell, and light from the window. They were away from the customs building at least by a small margin and Leander had a hard time believing this was the method in which Izaiah believed Hyacinth would get him into the country. Or was it exactly what the man thought. Leander was not sure what the mysterious devil thought or intended, not when his face felt like it was prickling with a bruise and he couldn't breath fully with his nose.

Hand through the blankets he called to his cards, reversing the spells he laid on them and returning them to normal, before he used Restore on his nose and sat up. His cards and card case were the only items in the room that were his, or rather that he had been wearing. Instead there was a set of clothes, light grey, and a new hat, that were set aside for him. Slipping out of bed, Leander dressed himself before looking over his figure in the only mirror in the room. It was Leander's traditional fashion, so most would not realize that the details and style was distinctly Hyacinth. This is what Hyacinth liked Leander wearing, and the hat? The hat was perhaps one of the most beautiful ones Leander had seen. Too bad it would probably be destroyed in his and Hyacinth's... fights, later.

Cards at his side he walked to the door, listening for voices that he heard coming from downstairs. Settling his heart he reminded himself that Hyacinth would have gotten his anger out with the punch. However that was not what made his heart beat in anticipation. It was Hyacinth himself that made Leander's body ache. Hyacinth always seemed to be the only one who could do it, no matter the amount of lust Leander had for others. Hyacinth was always the one who would tuck him in, kiss him good night, fight at his side, protect his back, and still pull off making it seem that they were no more than in a pissing contest with each other to those within Flyte & Thorne. It was relaxing by his side.

Leander did not remember what he had done to piss off Hyacinth, for it did not matter. Hyacinth would never remain angry with him, even if Hyacinth always remembered. Besides their apparent lack of concern for each other and heightened rivalry was a by product of Hyacinth's fears that the members of Flyte & Thorne may use any closer relationship against them. Flyte & Thorne United may have been their family, but their family was blood thirsty and everyone wanted to stand on top. To be fair, Hyacinth was right about members trying to use them against each other, which was why they told each other everything when it mattered. Perhaps he should have thought about it deeper so he'd know how to appease the man when they talked, but Leander also simply didn't care. Hyacinth knew him better than anyone, why should he try to be something he was not.

He stepped into the room in which Hyacinth and Lini sat speaking.

"I see you two have become well acquainted." Leander spoke effectively cutting off their conversation. When Hyacinth turned to him. "Thanks for the change of clothes. Although I will let you know, should you have not knocked me out, I would have not needed them. Remedial classes can be offered to remind you how civilized people greet each other, Hyacinth. Shall I schedule you some?" He had lost himself earlier, using Hyacinth's nickname aloud in public. Such a blunder would not happen again.

Leander walked in, his eyes on Hyacinth the entire way. "I suppose you got us through customs and we do not need to return? Excellent. Lini and I will make our way to return back to the Grand Alexio Republic tomorrow."

Last edited:
Hya smiled politely, his teeth flashing in the light of the kitchen “Could you excuse Leander and I for just a second?” He asked, his voice had a deceptively sweet tone. He watched as Lini raised her eyebrows, then nodded, murmuring about freshening up. She stood and walked upstairs to the guest suite he indicated for her.

“Bedroom. Now.” He growled through gritted teeth. All of the rooms in his home had a spell on them to keep conversations private, and with the rage he felt in his gut towards Leander he felt they might be necessary.

As they walked up the wooden stairs, Hyacinth ran through the monologue in his mind. All of the questions he prepared while Lee was gone rushed through his mind, but the one thing he couldn’t understand is why Lee hadn’t sent him a message letting him know that he was safe. They had developed their own code, and had the note been intercepted it would have looked like nonsense to the untrained eye.

The two men strode into the bedroom, and Hyacinth closed the door behind them, making sure that the wards silencing the room to the outside were in place. He turned slowly, taking in the room. He concentrated on the dark woods, the blankets on the bed that Leander had neatly made after he had woken up until finally, his eyes settled on Leander’s.

Before his brain could even register his body moved until it pressed against Lee’s, securing him against the bedpost. His hands reached up and gently ran themselves over Lee’s face, his cheeks, memorizing every detail as though he had forgotten what it felt like to have him here in front of him, and not in his memory.

He slowly inclined his head until his lips were just barely touching Lee’s.
Their lips gently brushed together as he spoke “Take. Off. Your clothes.”

Leander followed Hyacinth up the stairs after the man had instructed him to follow back to the room from when he had come. He was half tempted to complain about the trek and how Hyacinth had made him walk all this way for relatively nothing. Instead he held his tongue and followed the raven haired mystery before him towards the bedroom.

Raven hair, how unnatural. Hyacinth was not naturally one for black hair and it made him look ungodly odd. Instead Lee could only think of the white hair that was his natural shade, one that suited him far better. Leander could only think of complaints about the dye job, as he trailed into the bedroom. When the bedroom door was locked, Leander’s eyes traveled the room taking in the spells that had been laid -- ones he hadn’t paid attention to before. Leander stood with his arms crossed as he watched Hyacinth look around the room without looking towards him.

If we’re going to do this, we should do it already.
The thought was impatient, yet it did not reflect the heat that was rising within Leander at the anticipation. He wanted to be annoyed but each passing second made the wait all that more tantalizing. Then their eyes met and all thoughts that Leander had disappeared.

Hyacinth pinned him to the bedpost, hands against his face as Leander’s hands traveled to Hyacinth’s shirt fumbling at the buttons, his hands shaking. There was no charm or skill in the action, despite the number of times they’d been in this situation. The nerves he had choked down about seeing Hyacinth were surfacing in the most humiliating of ways -- a way that Hyacinth wouldn’t be bothered to care about. Leander refused to break eye contact with Hyacinth. Hyacinth was memorizing him as if he had forgotten what Leander looked like.

“Take. Off. Your clothes.” Hyacinth’s lips brushed against Leander’s speaking of a kiss that had yet to happen, but would happen soon.

“Make me.” Leander pressed back against Hyacinth, no kiss yet. Not yet. Figuring that this had been expected, Leander opted to ripping the shirt open with his magic, discarding the buttons all together. Hands against Hyacinth’s chest Leander traced over the muscles and scars of their training. “I hope you didn’t need that.”

His right hand traveled up to behind Hyacinth’s head, fingers in the dark mess that was Hyacinth’s hair. Leander’s left hand removed his card case from his side and tossed it away, no need for magic. Immediately he removed Hyacinth’s pendant around Hyacinth’s neck by unclasping it and letting it crash to the floor creating the loudest sound in the room as their breaths mingled in tension and anticipation.

“Hya. I need you.” He felt the words deep within his core. It was his deepest desire in that moment. He was willing to give up control for the first time in months for Hyacinth, in fact he wanted to. While Leander was positive that Hyacinth knew by the slightest touch when Leander wanted him to take charge, Leander wanted to make it excessively clear. “Make my mind go blank.”

Leander’s mind slipped back into reality second after second, heavy breath after breath. “I’ve missed you so much, my love. Please don’t leave again.” Hya’s beg reminded Lee of just what it was that he could not let happen. ”You know very well that I can’t promise that.” Leander grasped Hyacinth’s hand, remembering just where they were and his mission at hand. Leander cuddled closer to Hyacinth letting himself sink deeper into the comfort of the contact knowing very well that he would not be this comfortable in days following.

Holding Hyacinth’s hands close, Leander spoke to him. “I must continue on through Straone. You know how dangerous it is for us to stay. How long are you here for?” They may not be able to tell each other the contents of their mission but time lines were allowed. It was why he had told Hyacinth that he was leaving months ago.

Months ago… “Wait. Were you angry because I didn’t contact you?” The only one he’d been in contact with was Izaiah, since his mission before his last one had been a secret espionage mission. Their fight had been over Leander taking the mission, not that Leander remembered that until just now. Yet, Hyacinth wasn’t the type to get angry about missions, he was the type to get angry on not contacting. Hadn’t it happened before?

Leander looked to Hyacinth to try to read his expression, defenses rising quickly as he remembered that Lini was a wall away and waiting on them to return. He had to get her out of Straone, report his mission, and then assist her. This was the problem with being in Flyte & Thorne United, reality was always grim and moving far too quickly.

Last edited:
Hyacinth sighed deeply with content as he held Leander close to him. He realized that Lee was talking, but through the haze of pleasure, he couldn't quite focus on the words. His hand tingled with warmth as their fingers twined together. He had been so worried about Lee, wondering where he had been and what he was doing. He knew that it was against the policy of Flyte & Thorne but, he had even asked around to see if anyone had heard from Leander or knew where he was. His arms squeezed Lee closely to his body reflexively. He was scared to let him go.

“I must continue on through Stroane. You know how dangerous it is for us to stay. How long are you here for?”

Hyacinth regained his focus. He knew they weren't supposed to be speaking about their missions but he trusted Lee more than anyone. "Another week or so, we're watching the border for allies who need safe passage with a package that's important to those above us." He said, his fingers drawing soft circles against Lee's skin. He watched the look on Lee's face shift, eyes widening in realization.

“Wait. Were you angry because I didn’t contact you?”

Hyacinth closed his eyes, shaking his head slowly. "You know for such a brilliant person you can be surprisingly obtuse when it comes to other people's feelings," he said, a smile twitching at the corner of his mouth. "I haven't heard anything from you in months, not even a whisper. I know we can't divulge everything but for the love of the gods you could have done better than disappearing from bed one morning and never coming back for 6 whole months."

Hyacinth paused, trying to control his anger. Taking a deep breath, "I understand that the nature of our work is secret and perilous at best, but I care about you. I just wanted to know that you were safe." Hyacinth inclined his head, placing a gentle kiss on Lee's forehead. "I understand that you can't stay, but this time please just send word that you're not dead every once in a while." He placed another kiss onto Lee's lips and then slowly made to sit up. "We should get dressed, we can't keep your lovely friend waiting too much longer, she'll think we were doing something naughty in here."

With a sly wink, Hyacinth rose and gathered his clothing from the floor. He dressed quickly and made his way for the door. "I'll meet you in the kitchen, and we'll see if we can find a way to help you and Lini."

--

Lini sighed with boredom, she knew that Leander and Hyacinth had gone upstairs to talk but they had been gone for a few hours now. She smiled to herself. She had never met anyone who seemed to have such a good insight into Leander the way that Hyacinth did. She had never met anyone who made Leander blush the way that Hyacinth did.

She wandered through the kitchen, peaking into cabinets. She had never really spent much time in a kitchen before. Her family had people to cook for them and she, like most people in her family, assumed that food just appeared. After opening another cupboard her stomach growled impatiently. Then she heard footsteps on the stairs. She hastily shut the cupboard door, and leaned against the counter trying to appear casual. "So, did you guys have a nice talk?"

"You know for such a brilliant person you can be surprisingly obtuse when it comes to other people's feelings," Leander was a bit caught off guard by the statement. Was he so horrible at understanding such emotions? He hoped not. Although, perhaps Hyacinth was right. Perhaps he shouldn't have left from bed and disappeared. Saying goodbye may have solved this issue, although it would have taken more time. How Leander hated wasting time. It was for that reason that he had jumped mission to mission for the last few months, for his whole life even.

Asking Leander to give him word that he wasn't dead was not too much of a major issue, if it weren't for the fact that Hyacinth had his own missions too. Like this one, whatever it is. Leander went to sink further into Hyacinth's arms as Hyacinth sat up, "We should get dressed, we can't keep your lovely friend waiting too much longer, she'll think we were doing something naughty in here."

Lini. Would she even care? The first day they met she saw him making a bar fight happen out of sheer boredom. No. She would not.

Sitting up, Leander watched as Hyacinth dressed. Once the man was gone, Leander collapsed back onto the bed with a thud, waiting for the smallest of moments before lifting his hand and calling his cards to him. The moment the cards were in his hands, he pulled his clothes to him and dressed himself. Nothing out of spot, all needed to be in the best of states. He made himself look as perfect as he could be while pretending to have been wearing this the entire time.

Not that he cared if she knew.

Leander eyed himself in the mirror once more, lifted his hand and used his magic to strip the sheets off the bed. New ones... where would new ones be? Leander dressed the bed, set the others aside to be washed and followed after Hyacinth to the downstairs hearing what sounded like chatter coming from the kitchen.

Hyacinth smiled slightly to himself as he saw Lini quickly shut his cupboard. He couldn't help but wonder why a woman like this was traveling with Lee. She was clearly high born by the way she snooped through his kitchen, and by her clothing. She hid it well, but he could tell that the clothes, especially the leather boots that came to her knees, were of high quality and were well made. He suspected she had been truthful about her purpose in traveling with Leander but had lied about who she was. Something about her seemed familiar to him but he couldn't quite place her face. He shook himself and smiled, ignoring her quip.

Hyacinth made his way to the cupboards and began gathering ingredients, "Lee will be down in just a second, you seem hungry. I'll fix you something while we wait." And he set about the kitchen, unable to keep his gaze from her.

----

Lini eyed Leander as he strode in the kitchen, something about him was different. He had a color to his cheeks and an ease about him that she had never seen since they had met. It was rather odd. Lee didn't seem like the person to relax, let alone experience enjoyment. He seemed so focused. She shook herself out of her reverie, chiding herself for being so nosy, but she couldn't help it. Lini moved to sit at the wooden table in the center of the kitchen, crossing her legs as she leaned back in her chair.

Her eyes flashed to Leander's neck, noticing a purpling mark there and a knowing grin split her face, "So I guess your talk went well," she commented, biting her lip slightly to keep from giggling. "I know we can't linger here forever, so what exactly is your plan as we head further into Straone? You said something about going to 'Tuga right?"

Last edited:
"Tortuga? Yes. We are going to travel by foot, we need to find a caravan, perhaps. Something headed east. Once we have made it past the capital we can break from them and travel on towards the eastern border once more." Leander answered. "Would there be caravans in Tortuga at this time Hyacinth?"

Leander was not well versed with the migration patterns of the nomadic peoples within Straone. There were many patterns that they followed by the year, the time of year, the star patterns. Traveling with them would be the safest, as they were a people of welcoming stature, but their paths would be hard to maintain for where Leander needed to move. He knew the basic patterns and knowledge necessary, but with each mission came new necessary information. If he had time to review, he would have known. He did not have time to review. Hyacinth, on the other hand, was missioned in Straone. He would know this country better than most of it inhabitants, especially if he had infiltrated their military and government.

If they could travel with a caravan, east for at least until the capital or past, then they would be able to travel without much fear or recognition. If not by caravan, they'd need to hop between groups, which would take far more time, much to Leander's dismay. Perhaps they could take a straight shot to the capital. No... Ruberra was far too... If they didn't need to cross the threshold of the city, then they shouldn't. Being a technician in the country was already dangerous enough. Izaiah always said never to take unnecessary risks and who knew how much training Hyacinth had gone through to attempt this specific mission.

"We will need to make contact with one of them. The transport to Tortuga will take a few hours at least. We will need to pack more rations, and then prepare to leave by sundown." Leander watched Lini's eyes as they trailed away from him, snide glances between him and Hyacinth. She knows. How? He wasn't sure. There was a part of him, the training that had been taught to never show weakness and to cut it out, who wanted to threaten her in that moment. Then there was the training that said, to ignore it and avoid it. Pretend she didn't know at all.

That was the path he took, for if Hya knew she knew... Leander didn't want to think of what he might do to her.

The next couple of house went by in a blur for Lini. She noted Lee's tense face as he shoved things in bags and gave him a wide berth. She noticed that something was wrong with Hyacinth too, the blissful satisfaction on his face had soured into something much more withdrawn. She listened intently as Hyacinth relayed them all of the necessary information about the caravans and their schedules. Her head almost began to swirl with the depth of the information that he provided, and in no time at all, she was standing by the edge of town.

It was a warm night, the air was humid. There was chatter from inn behind them that floated out into the street. Leander was standing stiffly by her, tapping his foot anxiously as they waited. Hyacinth told them that the caravans would be stopping by this in to rest before continuing onto the capital. With luck, they will have reached the city by sunrise, but things were already starting to quiet down and there was still no sign of the group. Lini huffed gently and sat, cross-legged, on the ground, "Can you stand still for just ten seconds?" she asked, a whine escaping her throat, "I know they're late but you can't tap them into existence."

Lini was sad that Hyacinth hadn't stayed longer to see them off. He had his own missions and work to finish, but she had really enjoyed the effect he had on Leander's usually surly personality. Without Hyacinth near him now, Leander seemed even more meticulous in his thought than before. Another sigh escaped her lips, and she padded the ground beside her, "Come on."

Leander looked between Lini's eyes and the ground, almost mortified that she expected him to sit. Did she have any idea what sort of dirt could get on him and destroy these clothes? Leander only had so many things to wear, and getting them needlessly dirty was not on his list to do. If he used his magic, he would not have been so needlessly worried, but this was Straone, and that was stupid beyond measure. to use magic... was he asking to be killed? Besides the caravan was to be there at any moment. It had to be there at any moment, ready to leave into the night.

With Hyacinth go into the night to continue on with what ever sort of mission it was that he needed to continue, Leander was left with his skin itching in the way it did when they parted ways. It hurt, a lot. Sometimes it felt as if he was separated in two and would never feel safe again, but the feeling would pass. Missing Hyacinth's touch was a fatal move that could leave him dead.

"You can sit, you know, the group won't be leaving for at least another hour." A new voice sent chills down Leander's spine. Leander turned quickly, placing a fake smile upon his lips and eyeing the woman who stood behind them as the outsider that she was. Yet she was not an outsider. "Tarot Infinity."

The use of his code name, meant she knew him as a Technician. It meant that she knew who he was. It meant that she was from the ATTU like they were. Pale skin, painted in heavy makeup that made her look like a delicate flower. Eyes that were sharp, but relaxed to fake ignorance. Dark black hair pulled back in a simple tie, parted in the center, and long. She was a western ATTU citizen if she was an ATTU citizen at all. Her features were far different than his own. As his eyes landed on her, she seemed to shy away from them, suddenly nervous by his gaze.

"Leander." He corrected her. "But you already knew that."

"Our family had us memorize the names of all those in the great Technician Families and Companies," A man approached her from behind. He was equally as beautiful with bangs framing his face and parted in the center. They were related with similar eyes, and clothes. Their familiarness led Leander to believe that they were perhaps the most dangerous of anyone he and Lini could have met on the trip. "Who would not know of Flyte and Thorne United? Who would not know of you?"

Leander smiled brightly back, "You would be surprised, most people have no idea who I am."

"On the contrary." The man stepped forward. "Most people have no idea what you are."

Leander's almost fell to a glare but did not. "And you are?"

"We have been most rude." The man laughed. "I am Byeong-ho and this is my sister Myeong-suk. We are of the Moon family."

The Moon family? It rang no bells. He raked his mind as fast as he possibly could, looking for their names. He was at a loss. The Moon family, the Moon family... He had never heard of their names, which probably meant that they were of lesser rank in terms of technician ranking. However the Moon family sounded familiar. "Pleasure to meet you. You said that the caravan will not leave for some time?"

"That is correct." Byeong-ho seemed entertained that Leander had not recognized them. In some way Leander wanted to say he hadn't recognized Lini either and she was an Orenda. Not that most anyone would know Lini, she had not become an official Technician in her own right and was still protected by her family. Besides, admitting would only degrade his position as a Flyte and Thorne member. There was never to be any mistakes in these regards. Byeong-ho stepped towards Lini. Leander spied a flute and a mask at the man's side. A flute and a mask? That seemed exceedingly familiar. "And you are...?"

Flute and Mask. High enough to have to care about the names of those on top and how to identify them. Then the thought sparked in his mind as he trailed through the Technicians who would use instruments. Moon family. "Now do tell me," Leander spoke carefully, "why would Lady Chin-sun allow for her children to be in the greatest antagonist country in the world. Are you not her heir?"

Leander saw how Myeong-suk's eyes flashed to her brother and felt as Byeong-ho looked to him. "Ah, only Flyte and Thorne United are allowed to send their agents into the wilderness to experience trouble? I heard you had a Griffin, where is he?"

"Not here." Leander answered. "And your creations?"

"Hidden. Magic is hunted here after all." Byeong-ho eyed Leander dangerously before cracking a smile. "But your secret is safe with us. My sister would murder me if I so much as spoke a word ill about you two."

Myeong-suk lightly hit him then and bowed to them both. "We are traveling with the caravan out of my own selfish desire."

"Desire?" Leander asked.

"Have you not heard?" Myeong-suk's words were soft but her shock was apparent within them. "Straone is murdering all those with magic inclinations. As a Godmother it is my job to help. There are all too many of us throughout Straone helping them escape."

Leander had remembered reading something about how the Godmothers were whisking people away from anti-magic countries. For their own safety. Had Izaiah not said it was a ploy for support for the institutions of the Godmothers. A folly at best, for they were likely to die in the countries despite trying to help and only to perpetuate the problem further? People who wanted to do good, but were not truly doing good.

"It is why I am here, to help." Myeong-suk explained.

"My kind sister has a very large heart." Byeong-ho smiled to his sister and then towards Lini. "You are both here because?"

"It was faster travel back to The Axelio Republic." Leander answered suddenly understanding why Izaiah had sent him through Straone. There was fighting along the borders and people were dying. Izaiah wanted to capitalize on it and Leander was playing recon. Well, he'd play his part, but there was no way he was going to help anyone escape Straone. He already had to manage Lini and she was enough to handle.

Last edited:
Lini raised an intrigued eyebrow at the look of utter digust on Leander's face. A smile spread across it, and a laugh escaped her lips. Of course Leander would never dirty himself by sitting on the dirt like a commoner. It wasn't becoming of the upper class to sully themselves by spending time on the ground, and she knew that if Leander cared about one thing of all else it was his apearance.

The intense orange blaze of the sun had begun to fade into gentle pinks and dreamy periwinkles as night crept nearer. The air was finally beginning to cool from the heat of the day and Lini sighed, tilting her head towards the sky.

"You can sit, you know, the group won't be leaving for at least another hour." Lini's whole body tensed at the gentle voice. It was soft and melodic, but not one of that she recognized. She turned and regarded the woman, looking for a familiar face. Her long dark hair framed her face and her eyes were bright, cool, but none the less aware. "Tarot Infinity." A small smirk played across Lini's lips as she watched Leander's face change with recognition.

Tarot Infinity, she considered the name, she thought it suited Leander: it was vague, and pretentious. Lini watched patiently from the ground as the second figure approached. He had the same features as the woman, the same dark hair and pale skin. She figured that they were related somehow, but after wracking her memory she couldn't place a name to their faces...and the man seemed somehow vaguely familiar. "We have been most rude.I am Byeong-ho and this is my sister Myeong-suk. We are of the Moon family."

And it hit her suddenly. She did know those features. The face of the formidable Lady Chin-Sun swam in her minds eye. She had only met Lady Chin-Sun once when she was very small. Lini could still remember the sensation of her sharp jade eyes as she courtseyed low in her best dress to meet her. She had been kind, but there was something cold about her. The fuss had lasted for three whole months.

"Pleasure to meet you. You said that the caravan will not leave for some time?"

Lini rolled her eyes, Leander had absolutely no idea who these people were. She sighed and dusted herself off as she got to her feet. He was so oblivious sometimes it killed her, though Byeong-ho didn't seem upset. He actually seemed sort of amused."And you are...?"

Lini stuck out her hand to him, "I'm Lini." she said with what she hoped was a kind smile and out of the corner of her eye she saw Lee's face click with recognition.

"Now do tell me, why would Lady Chin-sun allow for her children to be in the greatest antagonist country in the world. Are you not her heir?"

Finally! Lini quickly stepped away as Byeong-ho turned to look at Lee, a smile on his face.

"Ah, only Flyte and Thorne United are allowed to send their agents into the wilderness to experience trouble? I heard you had a Griffin, where is he?"

Lini's eyebrows shot upward in surprise, a Griffin. Leander must have higher status in his place than she thought. She watched them banter back and forth about their creatures. It was fascinating, both men were vague, probing the other for answers, but still maintaining a tone as if they were talking about the weather. Her eyebrows slowly knitted themselves as she listened on. She hadn't known about the raids, and she feared what it could mean for her chances. If she lost control in front of anyone else...

She shook her head, refocusing as Lee began to talk about their journey. She watched him intently, he hadn't been lying about where they were going, but he still seemed cold as if he didn't want them to be on the same path that we were. Lini silently agreed, while the Moon family was known to be very good at moving people across borders, but they had a rather ruthless business ethic. It was something people said to never get caught in, those who tended to cross the Moon family, ended up dead.

The sound of crunching dirt interrupted Lini's thought. A light had appeared in the distance, and the sound of voices and hooves. It seemed as though no time had passed at all, but when they had arrived they could still see the setting sun in the distance. The sky was now dusky as the last gentle brushes of light faded into the night.

Lini's stomach fluttered with excitement, she'd never been on a carivan before. She was also quite looking forward to traveling, but she couldn't get rid of a slight feelign of nervousness as the carts and coaches stopped nearby.

The smile on Myeong-suk's face gleamed as she stepped forward to the small gentleman that had lept from the front most cart and was waddling towards them. "How many?"he asked sharply, his voice grated as though he smoked. Lini watched as Leander turned and regarded the man as well. She saw his smile play easily across his face as he negotiated for their passage to the city with the man. "You got papers?" he barked, "You betta have papers, I ain't takin nobody nowhere unless they got papers."

They all took out their papers and showed them to the man. He grunted as he examined them closely, before roughly handing them back. "Go and find your seats." he grumbled before shuffling away to talk to one of the other men from the caravan. Lini grabbed her pack and staff from the ground beside her and made her way to the coach towards the middle of the caravan. It was nice, but worn and comfortable. Paint peeled from the edges of the windows, and the coached creaked as they entered. Byeong-ho and Myeong-suk had reserved a nicer coach to themselves, but insisted they come to say goodbye once they had all reached the city.

Lini sighed as she settled ino her seat and stared across at Lee, "What do you know about their family?" she asked, a bit of tension in her voice.

Their coach was shabby, dirty, and much anticipated for Leander. It creaked and was splintered, rusted and dry, yet wet. It was comfortable for those who had once lived on the streets. Leander thought back to his cell in Flyte & Throne United, where he'd been kept in his anguish until he could understand that his family had saved him from tragedy. He thought of street corners and sleeping under boilers for warmth. He thought of his sister long dead and dead by the very conditions that would keep him safe now. He may not have sat on the ground, but he collapsed in the corner of the coach, pulling out his whistle and whistling again for Alcor to be weary upon entering the country.

"What do you know about their family?" Lini asked the words in such a way that had Leander starring at her as if she were stupid, accidentally.

"What everyone knows. Their Matriarch Lady Chin-Sun, runs a tight business, class S. She may not be the best of the best like Lady Evangaline, but Lady Chin-Sun is notorious in the Bodysmith community. Her children are Byeong-ho, the prodigy in the Bodysmithing community and heir, and Myeong-suk," he remembered the sister's name now. "A tragedy and he black sheep of the family without spatial magic. Her skill lies weakly in elemental magic and she is a godmother," apparently, he added for himself. "They have only two other Technicians of note in their family, Lady Chin-sun's husband and her brother. The others of their family are ranked B or lower and are of no consequence. They have much control over areas in the eastern countries and have great demand for their products in those countries. Within The Republic, Lady Chin-sun holds power, within the Bodysmithing community, and there are only a few Bodysmiths who do not fear her within her own rank." Although those of SS or SSS class rank held her at no regard. "She is of no consequence to us. You needn't worry."

Which was to say that Flyte & Throne United held power over her. Izaiah held power over everyone and has Izaiah's heir, Leander had no reason to fear them. Leander was not so foolish as to believe that Flyte & Thorne United was anything but the dark power holding control over the Technician world. He would be a fool to believe anything other than the fact that it was for that reason Lini had come to him.

Leander focused at the matter at hand. They would travel to the city and then need to find their way to move about the country towards The Republic. He needed to begin tracking the other caravan movements, without drawing attention to himself.

As he drew out his notes he let Lini continue to ask him whatever she wanted. "What else do you want to know?"

--
In a more beautiful and spacious cart, the Moon siblings discussed their plans to help move people out of the country. Myeong-suk was near silent as her brother removed his mask to speak more freely. He hid his face, as was demanded of him by their mother. Byeong-ho was focused on the rumors he had heard earlier that day before they had met Leander Tempest, whirlwind and little prince of the Technician world. Leander Tempest was just as dangerously irritating as Byeong-ho had believed he would be.

"Will they get in our way?" Myeong-suk asked.

"Never. Leander Tempest would not sully his hands with the likes of us." Not until Byeong-ho made a real name for himself, and then Leander Tempest would come to him with a deal. A deal that would bend their family in the hands of Flyte & Throne United, as all Technicians seemed to be. Byeong-ho thought of Leander's companion, a young lady that did not seem to be like Leander's type, too beautiful, too proud. She was too close to him and from what Byeong-ho knew of the young prince's flings, they never lasted more than a day. They were traveling together, but why? Could this be something he could hold over the young heir's head, mission details that could give his family more power?

Myeong-suk hummed to herself as she wrote out the names of the people she had to save.

Byeong-ho made a promise that he'd ensure his sister's safety, even if that meant trying to outsmart a dragon in human form.

--
Awel stepped across the boarder eyeing the world around her and trying to determine which way to go. She had finally evaded the capture of those who hunted her. The bird she saved flapped on her shoulder pushing her forward back into the magic forsaken land from which she had left before. The bird was leading her forward and she knew that something was deeply wrong with the country. It was why she had left, however... If she were to create the path her people needed, she needed a trail to prove her skill. Fear could not keep her away. She had to believe that by doing this, she'd learn more about what was threatening the balance in the world.

Stepping forward, Awel ensured that her glamour was better applied and made her way towards where the disturbances lay deep in the country.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back