• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Shattered Mirrors (1x1)

nighttimecatplayer

~Stay Purrfect!
What if you found a mirror that could transport you between worlds and it changed your appearance to adjust to that world but what if the mirror was to break? Would you be stuck in another dimension forever and surviving itself would become a game?---

(I suggest you read the character sign up to learn more about this rp because this is actually a human furry hybrid rp I shall explain more in the character sign up)

Tabitha groaned as she lunged her bag over her shoulder carrying her laptop in her other hand as she walked down the sidewalk of the busy city bursting with people scurrying around like ants tending to their own matters, it had been another long day at the studio the internet still being installed at her brand new apartment meaning Tabitha had to use the studio of another famous youtuber just to record her daily recording of videos for everyone to watch and enjoy, but walking five miles to the studio and another five back to her apartment can be all kinds of exhausting especially after having to record around a complete prankster sabotaging her the entire day, now you might ask why Tabitha tolerates such conditions of recording and why wouldn't she just walk up and leave somewhere else? Well because the next nearest youtuber that would actually let her record is about five states away meaning it was either suck it up or don't record at all, Now Tabitha was on her way back to her apartment pushing her way past through the busy crowds and flooded streets of people in New York that was until someone in a hurry rudely bumped into her knocking her laptop out of her hand causing it to slide across the sidewalk in front of a rather old looking store, "Rude!" Tabitha called back to the person who had bumped into her without saying sorry as she rushed to retrieve her computer before someone had used it as a floor mat, Tabitha had quickly dashed for her computer picking it up in a nick of time just as someone was about to step on it but before Tabitha had a chance to see if her laptop was alright from the fall something else had caught her eye, The store had appeared to be an old antique shop lined with all sorts of old heirlooms and decor in the windows but in the far corner had appeared to be a brand new copy of a new play station four but what really caught Tabitha's eye was the fact that it was half the price as it would be in normal stores making Tabitha rush in instantly. The store had certainly lived up to looks outside as it was inside everything was covered in layers of dust and there was a heavy thickness in the store that just made your nose stuff up but no matter what condition the store was in Tabitha didn't care she just wanted the system, She had walked over to the window quickly removing the play station from its display as she walked over to the clerk counter to buy it but it had appeared that no one was there "Uh...Hello?" Tabitha asked peering over the counter wondering if she was the only living person in the store that was until someone tapped her on the shoulder making her jump at least three feet into the air before the person began to speak as she stepped behind the counter "Sorry I had to take a phone call" The clerk said before noticing how pale Tabitha was "Are you alright? Did I say something?" The clerk asked confused before Tabitha spoke up "N-no I just didn't expect you to be behind me" Tabitha replied before setting the system on the counter "Oh of course sorry about that mam" The clerk replied her face turning red for her mistake before she had continued "Are you looking to buy this mam? Its on promotion right now when you buy it you get a free mirror" The clerk continued placing a hand on the system "A mirror? Thats a strange thing to give away for a promotion is there a way I can just buy the system?" Tabitha asked as she toke the system back from the clerks reach "I'm sorry mam but its part of the promotion if you want this item you would have to take the mirror" The clerk replied back frowning when Tabitha had pulled the system away from her reach "Well I guess I don't see why not I mean it is FREE after all" Tabitha said finally giving in as she pulled out two hundred dollar bills handing it to the clerk "Excellent mam I shall go fetch it right now" The clerk replied happily her frown turning into a smile as she walked away from her desk and into a back room quickly coming back with a rather large and very old bedroom mirror with what appeared to be a gem embed on the top causing Tabitha to jump back. "W-what is this when you said mirror I didn't think it was going to be huge!" Tabitha replied shocked as she backed up "I'm sorry mam but if you don't take this mirror then you cannot buy the system" The clerk replied her smile turning into a frown again as she sat the mirror down in front of Tabitha walking back to the counter finally Tabitha gave in as she grumbled and she slowly nodded the clerk then smiled again as she rung Tabitha up and placed the play station in a bag along with her change and a receipt "Have a great day mam" The clerk smiled watching as Tabitha grumbled picking up the massive mirror carrying it out the door. Tabitha was now once again walking down the sidewalk to her apartment but in this case it was more of struggling as she struggled to carry the massive mirror it was so huge that it completely covered her entire body from the front she would have just seemed to be a floating mirror, but now yet another person had bumped into her causing the mirror to sway as it was about to fall out of her arms and shatter onto the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
Catherine had a smirk on her face as she was walking down the streets of the big city, it was a regular Tuesday, or at least for her, as she should have been in school, but her most recent habit was skipping class, she certainly had better things to do with her time and the school didn't seem to care if she was attending class or not anymore so it was beneficial for her and for the school.

She ran through the crowds of people, pushing and shoving anyone in her way "Move, out of my way!" she screamed she was in a rush to get to her apartment, since there would be a basketball game starting in a few minutes, and she wasn't about to miss it because of what she called "people-traffic", in exchange or her shoves and screams she only received complaints of furious women and irritated men is classy suits "shut up old man!" she yelled as she looked back to the previous man who had tried to push her, key word here being tried since Catherine had her grip oh his waist and pulled his face in for a punch-slap, all this had attracted many eyes to be placed onto her "screw all of you" she muttered as she kept walking, checking her watch her eyes widened at the sight of the time she began running again violently pushing strangers out of her way until she saw a large mirror come into her field of vision, but it was too late of her to stop, herself being inches away, she crashed into the mirror, which made her fall to the floor as her reflection wobbled her instinct taking over, she quickly placed her hand in the mirrors boarder, with her other hand she pushed herself back onto her feet, meeting the eye of another person, she raised an eyebrow and her right eye grew small "What's wrong with you? who carries around a mirror? you....freak!" maybe not the best insult but the best one that came to mind at the moment, she let go of the mirrors edge and cleaned some dust of her jeans, she awaited an apology from this new girl.

Tabitha was shocked as she expected the mirror to come crashing to the ground and shatter into thousands of pieces all over the floor but instead someone had pushed the mirror upright to keep it from falling over, this same someone had also appeared to be the one who had bumped into her but to Tabitha's surprise instead of the girl saying sorry for running into her almost causing the mirror to fall and shatter she had called her a freak "Hey I wasn't planning on buying this thing either" Tabitha explained back to the girl as she wiped the sweat off her forehead resting the mirror against a nearby wall of a building, "And sorry for bumping into you I cant really see where I'm going with this huge hunk of junk" Tabitha explained leaning against the wall next to mirror as she figured she might as well say sorry since this girl had appeared she wasn't going to anytime soon, "The names Tabitha by the way" Tabitha simply stated not managing to find much else to say as she picked up the massive mirror once again vanishing behind it "Well see you around I guess" Tabitha called back as she was now walking down the busy streets of new york once again before quickly stopping in the crowd as she put her hand in her pocket before she quickly started to turn around walking back over to the girl resting the mirror against the building once more, Tabitha had than began to search the ground as she got onto her knees before quickly looking back up at the girl "I think my keys to my apartment fell out of my pocket when I ran into you" Tabitha stated as she continued searching the ground only to give up her search a few moments after when she found nothing "Hey um if you see a pair of keys do you think you can give it to me? It wont be hard to notice a huge mirror floating down the street" Tabitha said chuckling at her statement before picking up the mirror once again as she began walking in the opposite direction of her apartment back towards the store to see if she could have lost her keys on the way or even in the store. Tabitha was now once again in front of the same store as before but something else caught her attention, the store was empty closed down abandon it looked like as if no one had been inside for months even years maybe a simple sign hung on a boarded up door that read closed down painted in red words "W-w-hat! Where is the store!" Tabitha shouted as she quickly set down the mirror running up to the door as she began to tug on it to see if it would open only to find it firmly locked "I-I dont understand it was just here I-I must have the wrong store or something!" Tabitha shouted sliding down the wall, now to the crowd Tabitha must have looked like a complete lunatic as she frantically tried to open the closed down building but they didn't understand that it was just open moments ago. Now Tabitha was just sitting on the ground her back against the wall of the once opened store as she starred ahead dazed watching the busy people of New York rush by.

"If you weren't planning on buying it and it's blocking your view then leave it in an alley!" she screamed, she wasn't quite sure why this person was being so nice to her but she sure wasn't going to return her attitude. Though she was quite pleased to have received the apology she wanted.

"My name's Rose Mary" she snarled, her name wasn't Rose Mary, but nobody needed to know that, a sarcastic little comment couldn't hurt anyone though, she wasn't sure if Tabitha would catch on.At the mention of her leaving she could only state "Whatever" placing a hand on her hips she watched the girl drift away to the crow of people, to her surprise she wasn't done seeing the girl for she soon came back asking about some keys "Way to go freak, first you buy a giant mirror and then you lose your keys, listen i don't have time for this a basketball game starts in no more than two minutes and if I keep losing my time with you I won't get to see it, sorry about you're keys Shakesphere-I'll be sure to write a tragic play around your life when I get the time to, check it in theaters when it comes out alright?" she tried to form a fake smile on her face as she turned and began walking, running was useless now, she'd never make it home in time. She was debating herself weather to keep pushing forward with the chance of catching the game, if only for a while or going back to Tabitha and letting all of her anger out on her; she was the reason this all happened after all, but then again the game could very well be over at this point, that and she knew for a fact the girl was still looking for her keys "I'll just take a quick minute" she said before cracking her knuckles (A sound she absolutely loved) and headed back for the girl, when reaching her she saw her talking to a closed down shop "What the hell are you doing now?" she said, rubbing her forehead.

Tabitha had continued to stare out ahead watching the busy streets of New York that was until a familiar voice from before snapped me back into reality, "O-oh rose! Its you again sorry I didn't see you there!" Tabitha rushed bolting up before quickly turning back to the abandon store as she tried to open the door again only to fail turning back to rose though she didn't know that wasn't her real name at the time "This is where I bought the mirror from just moments ago! Now its completely closed down as if no one has touched the building in years!" Tabitha explained as she continued tugging on the door before quickly moving to the window as she cupped her hands around her face trying to see if she could see anything through the boarded up windows but the only thing she could see was wood wood and oh yeah more wood. "I know this store was just opened a few moments ago I went inside I'm not crazy! I can prove it!" Tabitha shouted as she quickly started searching through her bag for the receipt that the clerk had gave her when she purchased the play station, Tabitha finally found the receipt showing it to rose "See see right here it shows that I bought the mirror from this exact store! Just a few moments ago" Tabitha rushed before quickly pulling the receipt back with a dumbfounded expression on her face as she quickly turned the piece of paper over and over only to find it blank "I-I swear I swear this was a receipt!" Tabitha stuttered before quickly shoving it back into the bag as she pressed her face against the window of the store again "N-no matter even if the receipt is gone I still bought this dang mirror from this store it was here I know it was here! I mean how else would I even have this piece of junk do I look like some person who just carry's around mirrors with her for no reason!" Tabitha shouted refusing to believe that the store could have just vanished into thin air without a trace she knew she wasn't crazy and she wasn't about to let anyone tell her otherwise and even if they did she still wasn't going to believe it.

Catherine held the bridge of her nose as she muttered some words under her breath "This girl....I swear...if I don't...." she leaned back against another store's wall as she slowly lifted her head high enough to recognize the store, but low enough as to not directly see the sun "Wait a minute...you can't be serious, this antique shop closed down almost three years ago!" she would know, as she was a frequent visitor to the shop; for she could not deny it, rare antiques were her weakness, and they would keep being it no matter how though she looked.

"Seriously are you a schizophrenic or something? Do you want me to call your medical institution? they might want you back" she taunted, as this girl...Tabitha was either lying or very VERY confused, which was probably the case. With a sigh Catherine planted her feet on the ground once more and walked around, searching for the damn keys; she didn't exactly know why she was doing this hey, having one good action a year is sure to help me in the long run she thought to herself while she kneeled down and scattered her hands across the dirty streets "Do your keys have some sort of...key chain?" she asked, dull voice and face sulking;oh boy if her classmates were to see her right now, how they would all laugh, laugh at her helping, at her kneeling and at her being reduced to what she once was: an ant, who let everybody walk over her without any regrets.

Once she realized what she was doing she quickly stood up and cleaned herself from and dust that had been collected, with narrowed eyes she walked over to the mirror, the origin of all her problems today and studied it
"You know what? If this thing isn't your's and you're not interested in it, i'll be taking it...NOW!" she demanded, putting one of her hands over the mirror in order to begin rolling it along the street. She planned to take it into an alley, and would be fine, and then proceed to shatter it to pieces to get her anger out on it.

Tabitha still had her face cupped against the once open store trying to see if she could see anything inside, but really she wasn't sure what she was looking for, if there was going to be anything inside that could have helped her prove that she purchased the mirror from this store just a few moments ago she would have already found it within the first two times she looked. But now Tabitha was so adapted into trying to find anything through the store window she didn't even notice that rose was about to drag the mirror away, and even if Tabitha didn't want the mirror which she didn't, she still paid for it with her own money giving rose no right to break it with her own will. But it wasn't until someone once again rudely bumped into her (Without saying sorry of course) until Tabitha finally snapped out of her trance like state just starring into the abandon building, but when Tabitha finally pulled away from the window she eventually noticed that rose was grabbing onto the mirror, but what she really noticed was the fierce fire of rage that burned in rose's eyes quickly having a idea of what she was going to do.

And seconds later without even thinking almost like a automatic reaction Tabitha grabbed the mirror and yanked it hard from rose's reach, so hard that she stumbled back and slammed into the window of the store leaving large cracks in the glass from the impact. It was a mistake of course Tabitha didn't attend to yank the mirror away from rose like that but she did pay for it and she didn't want rose breaking it so she overreacted, it would have been like if you bought a expensive meal for yourself but then the person next to you takes your food and eats it without asking, you paid for the meal the person next to you wouldn't have any right to eat your own food. But now Tabitha just starred at rose with a blank expression, she was worried, not worried because her back felt like it had been stung by a swarm of bee's over and over again from slamming into the store window, but because she wasn't sure on how rose would react from yanking the mirror out of her hand, she couldn't even manage to say the words I'm sorry, Tabitha just simply stuttered the letter I over and over again sounding like a complete idiot, while she hoped that however rose reacted, she wouldn't be furious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back