• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Shadowrun - Best Laid Plans

Lord of Chaos

Elder Member
Supporter
You know, you can find all sorts in the Shadows. Sure, you got your obvious: orks and elves, cyborgs and wizards and all that. No, the real interesting sorts are the different types of person. You see a guy at a 'runner bar, and there's no telling who they are. Some are thugs, some are madmen, some are desperate while others seek glory. A rare few are even like you and me - true professionals. For us, the job is life and the employer is God. This means even those of us without a concrete personal code still follow the Rules. Never ask names. Don't draw attention. The contract is sacred. Don't kill if you aren't paid. And most importantly, always deliver on what you promised.

What do I want? I was hired to assemble a team, and you're on my list. Don't bother asking who hired me, no names remember? The point is that I'm putting together a team for a big job, one that pays well and that's all you need to know for now. Now, before you get too excited I didn't pick you because you were the best ever. You're good, but you aren't that good just yet. No, I want you because you're better than expected. You punch above your weight class and that will take people by surprise. And in our line of work, surprise can be the biggest difference.

Look, I've talked all I'm going to for now. If you want in, come to The Fool Theater tomorrow at 10pm sharp. We'll be waiting - your future team and myself.

This will be a Shadowrun 5e game taking place Thursdays starting at 6pm central. A number of house rules will be in place, with the current document located here. The game can support up to five players, but I am aiming for four. The game will be heavily mirrorshades in tone. That means a heavy focus on planning, information gathering, flawless execution and large missions. The tone of the game is Dark Secrecy. The main themes will be Grand Plans, Paranoia and Everything Has a Weakness.

If you have any questions, comments or discussion on the house rules, feel free to post it

The game is nearly ready to begin. If everyone is available today, we can meet up and create characters in order to (probably) begin next week. If not, we can delay a week and start on the 20th

I was invited, glad to join! Probably as a street samurai again-- I'm too in love with cybernetics to play most other types.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back