• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Seymour Sees More (Itcamefromthevoid x Lonely_Bunny)

ItcamefromtheVoid

Meta-Magic Eight Ball
Lonely_Bunny Lonely_Bunny
Sanctuary Meadows Sanitorium - Grenfell, Indiana. Three months ago...

"C'mon! Go, go, go!"
"Alright, Jason!"
"Get inside before someone sees us."
"It's cold in here!"
"Don't be a wuss."
The Sanctuary Meadows Sanitorium is in the small town of Grenfell, Indiana, as anything but Sanctuary. Reported to be haunted because of its dark history, dating back to the tuberculosis epidemic. Tonight, Jason, Lacey, mike, and Sara are testing their bravery and the ghosts of Sanctuary Meadows. The building is in disrepair abandoned and decaying after neglect. Recently purchased by a man named Arnold Hodgins in 1905, it is currently owned by his descendant Adam J. Hoskins. Even at nearly one-hundred and fifty years old, the building strangely remains in the same condition from its original purchase. The group of college friends entered the main building after years of neglect. It has fallen victim to the fringes and vandalism as they venture inside. Jason, who had pushed the door open with Mike, left the door open allowing ambient light from the town and moon to reveal hospital beds strewn around and antique medical instruments scattered around the front desk.

"Boo!" Mike wrapped his arms around Sara making her jump. She elbowed him in the chest and pouted, jogging ahead to catch up with Lacey.

"Hey! Wait up." Sara called after her friend, who didn't seem to be afraid. More fascinated, "hey." Sara put her hand on Lacey's shoulder making her turn to face her.

"Hey." Lacey said. "This place is pretty cool."
"Yeah." Sara looked around wondering what was so cool about the place it was falling apart. The door slams shut behind them, cutting out the light from outside and leaving them in darkness, making the two girls jump and scream. "Screw you Jason!" Sara shouted.

"what are you talking about? I'm right here?" Jason's voice came from the center of the room.
"Mike?!" Sara shouted.

"Don't look at me. Must've been the wind." Mike turns his phone's flashlight on. One by one, they all did the same. There was an eerie chill in the room because all four of them knew the night had been dead silent and calm. The two couples get closer to each other. Sara and Lacey hold hands as they venture deeper into the building. Down one hall way the ceiling had caved in, making it inaccessible. A second hallway lead down a corridor called B ward. Then there was a staircase that lead up and down.

Jason entered B ward ahead of the others starting his performance and challenging the unsettling atmosphere in the building. "Are there any ghosts in here?" Jason called out putting on bravado by leading the others into the corridor. But a door slammed in the distance stopping everyone in their tracks. His breath came out in white wisps in his dim light. He started back tracking running into Mike, who also stood in front of the girls. "Who's there!?" Jason calls out. The only response was silence. Jason stayed closer to the group this time, but he still wanted to have some fun scaring his friends. "Must've been a ghost."

"Speaking of ghosts, look what I've got." Mike displays an Ouija Board in his hands, when something from the end of the hall started running towards them making them all scream. The hallway became colder, and the feeling of danger made everyone on edge. Things were getting intense, but the kids still proceeded deeper into the corridor. Reaching the midpoint, Mike placed the box on the ground and pulled the board placing it on the ground. Jason and Mike sat with the board between them while the girls sat next to each other with their backs against the wall.

"Does anyone want to talk with us?" Jason asked. The planchette moved to No. "Dude, are you moving it?"
"No! I thought that was you." Mike got defensive.
"No way, bro! I swear."
"Okay, you guys quit messing around." Lacey scolded, while Sara cried.
The Planchette moved wildly around the Ouija Board until it flung down the hall out of sight. Jason, Mike, Lacey, and Sara started running for the door. But Sara was slower than the others. Jason burst through the door first, then Mike and Lacey. Sara reached for Mike as he stood at the door. "C'mon Sara!" Mike shouted, but the door slammed shut in front of him so suddenly he fell and scrambled to his feet as Sara beat on the door.

"Let me out! Let! Me! Out!" Sara's screams pierced the night and curdled the blood of her boyfriend as he grabbed the door handle, trying to wrench it open. When it burst open and Sara knocked him to the ground again, something tried to drag her back inside and her friends quickly grabbed Sara, pulling her to her feet. The door slamming shut leaving them all trembling.

"Where's Lacey?"

After a long night of sorting files, Seymour lies on the chaise in his office, his fedora over his face, breathing steady, Seymour is getting some much needed shut eye.

Seymour stands in a meadow with flowers and a light snow, a quaint forest that looks like it has been painted, surrounds the meadow. The watercolors add a pastel on canvas look to the background. He walks deeper into the meadow as though the flowers had invited him to spend time there. The snow falls lightly around him, but he doesn't feel the cold and the meadow looks as though it's coming into spring. A white bunny approaches him nuzzling his ankle, and he picks it up. Seymour spends some time standing there wondering what the dream could mean. As he sits in tranquility with the bunny in his lap, the weather takes a drastic change, getting colder as the wind picks up, swirling the loose snow on the ground into a twirl. Seymour can see people standing in the forest looking at him. Their whispers pleading for his help.

Seymour awakens and sits up, confused about the dream, trying to figure out what message that was delivered. He stands and leaves his office. Caleb and Ingrid are at their desks. The office is quiet. "Seymour! You're awake." Ingrid says, surprised to see him outside of the office.

"Good morning Ingrid, Caleb. Anything come in today?" Seymour asked, pouring himself some coffee.

"All is quiet on my part." Caleb also pours a cup of joe.

"Nothing out of the ordinary." Ingrid looked at the waiting area. "But she's been here for quite some time now." Ingrid pointed to a girl sitting on the sofa. "She has the job listing you posted last week." Ingrid told him.

"Bloody hell Ingrid, why didn't you wake me?" Seymour asked, looking at the girl in his office. White Hair... Seymour thought approaching her. "Hello Miss." He extended his hand to her. "How could I help you?" He asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back