• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Several characters for ideas! Pictures of cute boys inside!

Shotagonist

Headpat Afficionado
Hi there! Nice experienced roleplayer here, playing somewhere between semi-para and 2 para posts for the most part. I always end up playing some sort of cute boy, which I want to keep doing. The characters listed aren't the only characters I play, so I'm down for coming up with new ones :D

Moto Kuchoma

Background: Originally the son of the archmage of fire, Yakuna Kuchoma, his son Moto never shared his penchant for violence and destruction. Quickly becoming equally resentful and afraid of his father, Moto escaped him while he was still a child. How this happened is a mystery, but it was likely due to the intervention of mother. Despite rejecting his father's way of handling things, he is second only to him when using magic relating to fire. Since it is a constant reminder of his father's influence however, Moto rarely if ever makes use of it, and even then only reluctantly. However, his level of magic power is still extraordinary and while not wanting to use fire magic, Moto picked up healing magic from a kind soul who helped the lost child who only barely escaped his father's clutches. Living his days as a healer, Moto has devoted his life to helping others, especially those under the reign of evil tyrants, much like his father had been.

Personality: Kind, and a bit shy. Moto's past with his violent father has made him resent violence of any kind and he flinches at the idea of hurting others, even those who would "deserve" punishment and pain. Always trying to help out, Moto doesn't descriminate and tries his best to help everyone he came which can frustrating and difficult. So despite his meek exterior and shyness, Moto is very enduring and reliable, unwilling to take the easy way out if it means causing trouble for someone else.

RP Ideas:

Kind Soul: Your character is the one who helped Moto when he was lost after running away from home. Maybe they didn't teach him the magic themselves, but your character has been taking care of Moto since he was little. Now it is time to figure out how this boy can find a place in the world.
Duty calls: Despite disliking violence, Moto still understands urgency and danger, and his formidable magic powers make him well suited to protect the meek. This idea is for any hero/adventure setting, both for players interested in assisting his fight or wanting to be saved by him.
Grasping Shadows: Yakuna never gave up on his son. Wanting to regain control over him, he searches far and wide for him. If not to reclaim his son, then to destroy his life for slighting him. Nothing can stop this dangerous man, and it is finally time for Moto to face his fears and stop his father. Looking for a side-character who helps Moto overcome his mental and emotional hurdles in some way.
Shining bright into the dark night: Moto is very generous and kind and hates suffering of all kinds. Therefore, he extends his help even towards beings of darkness and shadow, those who humans fear and or hate. Looking to play alongside a darker character to have a somewhat odd pair.

Kaoru Hayabusa:
Background: Kaoru was in many ways like every other boy, save for the fact that feminine clothing always suited him better than masculine clothes. He does not consider himself a girl or girlish, but unfortunately for him, this means that people around him take issue with the way he looks and acts. Even his parents think he should drop this "silly act" and just behave like a normal boy. In a moment of deep crisis, he suddenly felt the wind picking up. There was something in the air tonight, and eventually he noticed that while the wind was still blowing around him, he himself was not pushed by it. Whether a mythical blessing, a freak magic experiment or something else, Kaoru did not know what happened to him, but he kept the power it bestowed upon him. Being able to manipulate kinetic energy with his will, Kaoru decided that it was about time to right the wrongs in his life. Dressing up with a costume he got from the school's theatre club, Kaoru began to take on all those who pick on others for being different. The Superhero "Red Hot Riding Hood" was born!

Personality: Kaoru is a very energetic and straight-forward person. In fact, he can be quite blunt and hot-headed at times, always speaking his mind. He is easily agitated by people making fun of the way he dresses, and he reacts similarly to other kinds of discrimination against himself or others. After getting his power, his rash way of acting got even worse. Being almost invincible using it, Kaoru became extremely arrogant when facing down anyone whom he deems a bad person, easily flaunting his superiority and taking out his anger. However, underneath that is a very lonely person battling to find people who accept him the way he is.

RP Ideas:
Crusade against bullies: Having had enough about the upperclassmen taking it out on the weaker students, Kaoru had started taking them down one after the other. He isn't subtle at all and soon rumors start spreading around school about a mysterious "girl" beating up delinquents and bullies left and right, often destroying parts of the school in doing so.
Fish in the pond: Kaoru wasn't the only one who was touched by mythical powers. This town apparently has more super beings, and the question is, are you an ally or a rival?
Hayabusa's arts: Part of the crime fighting for Kaoru is also maintaining and designing his costume. As such, he is quite good with sewing clothes for girls, so he picked up doing that to make money on the side, thinking he might become a tailor in the future. This is of course not easy to balance with superhero crime-fighting, so all sorts of things could happen to his business!

Banri of the Spring Moon:

Background: Kitsune are raised very differently from humans. Births are rare in this long-lived species, so each Kitsune is raised by the whole tribe, learning several skills. As Kitsune grow older, they grow more tails, so even though technically an adult, with merely 3 tails he is seen as a child by other Kitsune. Banri is not a typical Kitsune though, his curiousity made him a lot more worldly and interested in human culture. He acts as both a trader and advisor, seeking to aquire knowledge from human settlements.

On Kitsune Magic: The most powerful Kitsune have 9 tails. Banri already rivals some of the most skilled magicians humans can muster, a 9-tailed Kitsune surpasses them by far. Each Kitsune learns different branches of magic, but many Kitsune have their own style which they prefer over other magic. In Banri's case, his magic deals with bodily transformation. He can take a variety of animal shapes, but he can also combine the appearance of several animals to make completely new forms to take on. He isn't limited to his physical size, his magic can make him take forms over 20 feet tall or as small as a tiny fox cub. That said, his tails are always visible in his new forms, as they are the source of his magic. His perhaps most useful trick however is that he can apply these transformations to those he touches. This isn't something he does a lot and he likes to hide that he can do that as a last resort.

Personality: Banri is a curious person who enjoys to have pleasant chats. While he loves to learn new things, he isn't willing to teach others unless they seem to him like they would make good use of that knowledge. Being a trickster like most Kitsune, he in fact enjoys giving out wrong information and false clues to mislead humans, though due to his worldly connection, he prefers to do this to people whom he thinks have a rotten character. Towards other Kitsune he is very respectful, he still has a good connection with other Kitsune, though there is slight alienation due to how close he is to humans. This sometimes causes misunderstandings, but ultimately other Kitsune will respect him in kind as well.

RP Ideas:
Teacher from the Mythic Lands: Banri, even as a young Kitsune, is still considered immensely wise and intelligent by human standards and many would seek out these talents of his. But he refuses every time, since despite being a bit more worldly than other Kitsune, he sees no worth in teaching those who would waste this knowledge. Your character would be someone from a simpler background, not having any sort of political connections or wealth, but a positive personality which all those vying for Kitsune favor lack. He decides to make YC his student, though this makes some enemies with the human elite, who feel slighted that YC is seen as superior as their own kind.
Kindred of the other kind: Kitsune aren't the only Yokai. There are other kinds which have differing views and humans and Kitsune. YC would be a different type of Yokai, and the RP would basically a clash of ideas about what to do with humans and whether or not it is good to associate with them.
Touch Fluffy Tail: Its not rare for Kitsune to mingle with humans, though it is rare for Kitsune to stay for long. Long enough for love perhaps even. But what kind of person would be required to catch the eye of one for long? Would they even fall for a human? YC just has to find out!
Tears of the Moon: Not only do Kitsune hold secrets, but they also hold treasures. And sometimes, they are stolen. The magical crystals known as "Tears of the Moon" have been stolen by a human thief whom Banri is after. It turns out it is someone YC is familiar with, and Banri definitely needs more information.

Enilias and Amabilis the Nailo Siblings

Background: While magic is something any elf has access to, its more rare for those elves with mixed heritage. Yet Enilias and Amabilis, both half-elf and half-human are somewhat of an exception. Their grasp of magic was very good even from early childhood, since the strange human man, Lothar, their father, had not just pure human blood. His ancestors decendeded from the ancient race of cyclopses, who were well-versed in the magical arts. Together with the elven blood from their mother - Xanathe Nailo - the two had magical talent few could match. Yet, they neither seemed to get along with the elves nor the humans of the village. They quickly became known as the "witch sibilings", learning quickly that the only ones to rely on were one another. Feeling neither welcome nor needed in their village, they quickly left on their own. There was no banishment or anything dramatic, just two young people who thought they didn't need the company of those who would not appreciate their powers.

Magic: The "witch sibilings" are both formidable magic users who can both use a variety of basic magic spells, be that the creation of magical shields, minor levitation, unlocking doors or simply detecting other magic. They have both different specialities in higher ranks of magic. Enilias is specialized in Illusion magic, being capable of misdirecting people with mirror images, phantoms or ghostly sounds. He is also capable of affecting the mind and hypnotizing others. Amabilis perfers a more physical approach to magic and has various strengthening and transformative spells. More than just casting them though, she can bind her magic spells into candy which generally she has a lot at hand at all times.

Personality: Enilias enjoys the status as outcast, maybe a little too much. Always willing to put on a bit of a show, he gets a kick out of scaring people and causing mischief and disorder. Amabilis is also a bit of a delinquent, but usually more relaxed. She usually lets Enilias have his fun and occasionally even steps in. Both of them like each other a lot, but its not unusual for the two to bicker and argue from time to time.

RP Ideas:
Trick or Treat: The witch siblings are at your doorstep, looking for shelter. They are polite enough, but they don't really take a no for an answer. They don't have a means to pay, but the two of them seem willing to perform favors for their stay, and they have fairly useful skills to back it up.
Among the outcast: Your character has been faced with exile and banishment. YC isn't good about suviving outdoors, but the two half-elves always look out for fellow outcasts.
The other option: Magic is hard to come by for some people. And YC desperately needs some help. Maybe its just a healing magic, maybe a ritual that is more complicated. Whatever it is, the witch siblings agree to help. But that doesn't come without a price.

Last edited:
hey, i’d be interested in doing the crusade against bullies plot or fish in the pond, if you’re still looking.

Gladly! The difference is basically on whether you'd like to play someone with a power of their own or not.

Hello! I like your Kaoru Character and he seems like a fun person to make an RP with. I have a species I made(A magical one) that I am best at using but I can be a magic human if you wanna talk about Rp ideas with me

I’d love to do touch fluffy tail or kindred of the other kind with you! If those are still open, let me know!

I may be interested, if you're still open XD

I am in fact! Send a DM! I haven't updated this post in a while, so feel free to chat me up with ideas. The characters I play are still the same (plus Moto now has newer, cute art as seen in my pfp)

I am interested in the Kindred of the other kind plot but i would like to know your requirements for me

Message me and we can talk. But basically, I'm good with any kind of non-human for that story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back