• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Setting Summer Dawn

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Iolas dared not move when Azaria woke up with knife in hand. Seriously, talk about a light sleeper. Any sudden movements and he would probably be skewered. His eyes trailed Meera as she exited the room...something clearly bothered the usually upbeat shape shifter; in fact, she hadn't even asked a single question. Before he could follow her Iolas noticed the newcomer about the time Azaria had calmed down, definitely someone who had origins in Cyndara. Although he would have to hear the purpose of this individual, he was certain it would be easier to trust someone less like...well himself. That said, something was really getting under his skin. The fake smile he often wore twitched a bit as his façade was cracking briefly before Iolas promptly repaired it. "Oh...a cat...again," Iolas said dryly. He thought they had finally rid themselves of troublesome cats before arriving here, but apparently he was wrong. It wasn't too bad since it wasn't an actual...cat...like the one Azaria was...why the hell did she look so amused? He couldn't find anything redeemable about the creature besides the fact that it was only "part" cat.

"Nice to make your acquaintance," Iolas managed to say to the visitor while he continued to observe Azaria's smirk. "Azaria, I did not know you were so interested in felines..."

Zazz Zazz Lioness075 Lioness075 Baconhands Baconhands

Last edited:
Appearance.jpg
Name: Leandra LaFraeNickname: Lea
Race: Tabaxi - BeastwomanHome Country: Cyndara
Occupation: Huntress / Astronomer ApprenticeEquipment: Knapsack, Bow, Quiver of Arrows (20/20), Twin Daggers, Collapsible Spyglass
Leandra was in awe of the different people in this one room together. She knew staring was not nice to do in social settings, but she could not help herself. She could not place the names of the races present, but she felt herself near bursting with questions. She had so many questions to ask though, she had no idea where to start.

Someone stepped forward and spoke to her, finally drawing Leandra's gaze away from scanning the crowd. Leandra instantly noticed the tail, but the person was not more animalistic as Leandra was. It was a bewildering sight, but Leandra did not want to seem rude to these new people. Hearing that the food and drink was available for her to take, Leandra's heart began to race with excitement. She had been eating random plants and edible fungi the past few days and her stomach growled at the mention of free food available to her.
Before Leandra had a chance to take a step forward, Falarion became a blur of fur and feathers. The cat leapt up with one beat of his wings before landing lightly on the table. Leandra let out a surprised gasp and lunged forward for the cat, who hopped out of her reach and deftly dodged her. Luckily, the cat seemed dextrous enough to avoid knocking over any drinks as it made its way to the nearest plate of snacks. He promptly sat down on the table and began picking up pieces to eat.
Leandra stood up straight and felt her cheeks burning, though her fur helped conceal it most of the time. She felt a strong urge to cover her face with her hands and even felt a bit compelled to leave the room, but she blinked a few times and then took in a deep breath. She wanted to see more of this world and meet new people. She had left her home in search of that shooting star and was determined to keep moving forward. Maybe she could still find it one day, maybe not. But she was here now and she needed to be brave.

Sighing, Leandra turned to face Ora, sheepishly smiling now. She grasped one of her wrists in front of her, forcing herself to keep looking at Ora.
"I'm sorry about Falarion. He kind of just does what she wants."
Her voice came out with a slight growling undertone, which oftentimes made her sound a bit harsher than she ever intended to.

Before she could begin to introduce herself, she heard glass shattering and both her and Falarion characteristically jumped in place, their fur standing on end. Leandra's eyes shot to the person who had made the mess, surprised and confused. Had she upset the person somehow? Had Falarion with his antics?
She had no chance to inquire, though, as the person bolted out the door and was gone in a heartbeat. Leandra gaped at this, both baffled and a bit concerned.

Someone else offered her a seat as well, even bowing to her, and Leandra felt her confusion growing. Was he not concerned with the broken glass and person who had bolted?
Another person also agreed to her taking a seat, but it seemed nobody was overly concerned with what had just occurred. Leandra let go of her wrist and began to rub the back of her neck.

Then the final person in the room acknowledged her presence, but with barely concealed contempt. This made Leandra pause, hesitating a moment before she went ahead and finally took a seat. They were an odd bunch, but she supposed it was better than exploring alone, even if she had Luness now. It was different to have people to converse with and possibly relate to.
Still uncertain of who all was who here except for Ora, Leandra finally took her seat and then began snatching a few of the snacks to nibble on.
With food in her mouth, Leandra said, "I would...actually...really like...to have...a proper...meal."
At this point, she finally realized just how hungry she was and kept stuffing her face, forgetting any table manners she might have.
SilverFlight SilverFlight Goonfire Goonfire Flutterby Flutterby Zazz Zazz LazyDaze LazyDaze Baconhands Baconhands

Last edited:
Ora glanced around the room, watching with a near-neutral face as Meera panicked and fled, and Crow poured tea everywhere. The entire party seemed to be losing their minds. Understandable.. all things considered.

Ora gave the newcomer a tight-lipped smile, trying to toe the line between welcoming and apologetic.
"Don't worry about.. Falarion," Ora said softly, managing to remember the name. "I'm sure you're both very hungry."
"Um.. please, don't mind our.. well.." Ora hesitated, glancing at the door Meera had vanished from, then at Iolas after he spoke.
"Apologies.. we've all had a very long day and learned some upsetting things. All of us are rather on edge." She glanced again toward where Meera had disappeared, hoping the stranger would understand what she meant.

"I will have Winifred fix you something, since she hates when I touch her things. It won't take long." Ora watched for a moment as the beastwoman, that's the closest word Ora knew for her, started to eat. But then she whisked back out the door and down the hall.

She returned a few minutes later, and met Leandra's eyes again.
"You'll have a proper meal in a few minutes. Hopefully, it won't be.. well, too dwarvish. Not everyone likes our foods." Ora had a cloth in her hand, and began to clean up the dish Meera had dropped.
"Could you tell us just how you ended up here?"

Last edited:
Azaria followed both cat-things with watchful eyes, thoroughly amused by their resemblance. At Iolas's comment, her smirk grew to reveal one sharp canine as she said, "Interest and respect are two different things." She always did admire the grace with which they moved. Though, she quite remembered the high elf's distaste for their previous feline companion.

Azaria reached forward to scatch the winged-cat's head, then leaned into Iolas's side once more. She grinned at Falarion, watching the cat take what it wanted. "At least this one isn't plotting your murder on potatoes," she teased.

Meanwhile, Lohrithe motioned that he was going to go check on their shapeshifter friend and took his leave. Quietly, he opened the entrance door and stepped outside, finding Meera there. The drow cleared his throat, announcing his presence so that he would not startle her. "Meera? Are you all right?"

Desrick started. "Did you say she came through the citadel?" Could it really be possible? Either way, the young traveler was obviously exhausted, and in need of food before anything else. The orc stood back, and let their host take charge.
"We could all use a rest before we try the next part of our plan."
Crispin nodded. "We haven't really stopped since Eskaro. I could sleep for a week now that we're back in darkness."
"Rest it is then." Desrcik made the decision. "We'll speak about moving on the citadel later."
Goonfire Goonfire Flutterby Flutterby LazyDaze LazyDaze Lioness075 Lioness075 Zazz Zazz

Upon seeing the little winged cat Pyrrhus' face lit up with a bright smile.
"Oh! He's positively darling!" The centaur knew better than to disrupt an animal while it ate, so instead he turned his attention to the doorway Meera had fled through.
He glanced with concern at Crow before slowly rising to his feet and following after Lohr.
His hooves were all the announcement he needed. His gentle blue eyes offered understanding, and sympathy.
"I know you're afraid. we...we all are. But you do not have to scout if you don't want to."
He smiled, feigning confidence, "Azaria is an excellent scout. I'll be she could get in and out with no one the wiser!"
Zazz Zazz Baconhands Baconhands Goonfire Goonfire Lioness075 Lioness075

Desrick and Crispin stayed in the central room, listening to Ora's next question to Leandra. It was the one Desrick most wanted to hear answered.
"Do you even know where here is?" Crispin added to the line, torn between wanting the answers but not wanting to pressure their guest. She was probably confused enough already.
Goonfire Goonfire Flutterby Flutterby LazyDaze LazyDaze Lioness075 Lioness075 Zazz Zazz

As soon as she made it out of the front door, Meera began pacing back and forth, chewing on her nails incessantly. Her mind was running amok as it tried to envision every possible scenario that could play out in the tunnels. Every one ended badly. Her pacing was stopped when Lohr cleared his throat. The shapeshifter straightened her back and jumped a little, a yelp of surprise escaping her lips. The drow was soon joined by Pyrrhus.
"Am I alright, am I scared?" she said, beginning her pacing once more. She stopped only a couple of steps in, realising she had asked that aloud. Flashing them a quick smile, Meera nodded her head. "Yes... yes I'm fine. I'm fine! Why wouldn't I be? Azariah won't have to join me. I'll be fine! I... I haven't helped the group yet so I can do this! I will do this. It's simple enough isn't it? Just exploring... some tunnels... underground..." The smile slowly faded, her voice growing quieter, "It'll be an adventure. And... it will be a... good one... maybe there'll even be some weird berries down there. Who knows?"
The shapeshifter regarded them both with fearful eyes. Her lips quivered, and her eyes reddened. "I just... it'll be... it needs to be done doesn't it?"
SilverFlight SilverFlight Zazz Zazz

Lohrithe glanced back at Pyrrhus as he joined them. Meera was clearly terrified. Poor girl. The drow stepped forward and placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. "You may not need to," he said thoughtfully. "If this newcomer has truly come through the tunnels, perhaps she can describe them well enough. Come, let us return to the others," he said softly, giving her a warm smile to calm her. He held out his hand for hers.

"Not yet," Iolas began jokingly as he flashed a grin. "Besides, most people do in fact respect things that they are interested in." Jokes aside, Falarion, didn't seem bloodthirsty, nor did its owner. In fact, they seemed pretty straightforward and easy to read which was a bit uncharacteristic of the felines he had come across. Iolas thoughts were interrupted by Lohr as he went after Meera. Although he wasn't too worried about the shapeshifter, it was one less thing he would have to do. Besides, Lohr was a gentle soul despite his appearance. Consoling a friend was probably something that suited him better. Pyrrhus and co soon followed after...Meera's doubts did not stand a chance against that company.

When Ora glanced his way, he feigned innocence as he flashed a smile. He was certain he was making her job as a host a tad difficult. Nevertheless, you had to admire the poor timing, a newcomer arriving just before a particularly dangerous mission. Iolas could only smirk since he was in a similar situation when he arrived. Arriving only a few minutes after a battle, and a few moments before a departure. Depending on how events unfold, it could actually be perfect timing.

At the mention of rest, Iolas nearly slouched in his seat as if his body had just remembered how hard they had been working since Eskaro. Rest at this point seemed like a myth. When you couple that with the information they received as of late, he wouldn't be surprised if everyone was reaching their physical and mental toll. "I am so exhausted, I could peacefully collapse in the embrace of an assassin," Iolas muttered under his breath just before Desrick and Ora began their....questioning? He couldn't call it a full out interrogation, but the best questions were often the simplest and straightforward. Why and how was she here? Iolas would have to do his own interrogating later after some rest. "...I can not help but feel like we are going to be very busy this upcoming mission."

Baconhands Baconhands SilverFlight SilverFlight Goonfire Goonfire Zazz Zazz Lioness075 Lioness075 Flutterby Flutterby

Last edited:
"Not yet," Iolas began jokingly as he flashed a grin. "Besides, most people do in fact respect things that they are interested in." Jokes aside, Falarion, didn't seem bloodthirsty, nor did its owner. In fact, they seemed pretty straightforward and easy to read which was a bit uncharacteristic of the felines he had come across. Iolas thoughts were interrupted by Lohr as he went after Meera. Although he wasn't too worried about the shapeshifter, it was one less thing he would have to do. Besides, Lohr was a gentle soul despite his appearance. Consoling a friend was probably something that suited him better. Pyrrhus and co soon followed after...Meera's doubts did not stand a chance against that company.

When Ora glanced his way, he feigned innocence as he flashed a smile. He was certain he was making her job as a host a tad difficult. Nevertheless, you had to admire the poor timing, a newcomer arriving just before a particularly dangerous mission. Iolas could only smirk since he was in a similar situation when he arrived. Arriving only a few minutes after a battle, and a few moments before a departure. Depending on how events unfold, it could actually be perfect timing.

At the mention of rest, Iolas nearly slouched in his seat as if his body had just remembered how hard they had been working since Eskaro. Rest at this point seemed like a myth. When you couple that with the information they received as of late, he wouldn't be surprised if everyone was reaching their physical and mental toll. "I am so exhausted, I could peacefully collapse in the embrace of an assassin," Iolas muttered under his breath just before Desrick and Ora began their....questioning? He couldn't call it a full out interrogation, but the best questions were often the simplest and straightforward. Why and how was she here? Iolas would have to do his own interrogating later after some rest. "...I can not help but feel like we are going to be very busy this upcoming mission."

Baconhands Baconhands SilverFlight SilverFlight Goonfire Goonfire Zazz Zazz Lioness075 Lioness075 Flutterby Flutterby

The halfling elf grimaced at Iolas's words. "I don't respect Lassard yet I am very interested in his throat," she muttered, countering his statement. She retrieved her chocolate bar from the table and stuffed more of it into her mouth. It reminded her of home... when her relationship with her mother was less shitty. At the thought of her mother, however, she tossed the third quarter in its shiny wrapper in front of Crow, who had clearly never had the opportunity to enjoy chocolate. Instead, she opened the bottle of cranberry wine and tasted her spoils. She nearly spat it out at Iolas's next comment.

"You know, that's not hard to do, if you've found the right assassin." But he was right; they were all exhausted, and hungry, and anxious. Sleep would do them well, and Azaria planned not to sleep alone. Under the table, the assassin placed her free hand on Iolas's thigh, slipping it down to the inside of his knee.

As Pyrrhus glanced back, Crow straightened his own disheveled clothing and offered a reassuring nod. He then turned to those who remained. “I can appreciate Meera’s concerns, as I’m somewhat of a mess myself,” he started. “Though now that I think about it, has anything changed? Of course, the stakes are higher, but our mission remains the same.”

Crow stopped himself, laying eyes upon the tabaxi again. “I’m sorry; it must feel quite awkward, walking in on our panicking and plotting like this,” he told Leandra in a wry tone. “Perhaps we should slow down... er, maybe discuss such unsavory facts after a hearty meal?” He tilted his head in concern as Leandra devoured the snack. In fact, he slid Azaria’s sweet offering under the cover of a fabric napkin on the table, fearing the newcomer would make herself sick if she ate much more than her portion so quickly.

Despite his plea for reprieve, the coincidental claims of underground tunnels piqued Crow’s curiosity. “That is most interesting, though... Perhaps we could eventually map these routes,” He planned to draw maps of these tunnels, but for what purpose?

SilverFlight SilverFlight Lioness075 Lioness075 Zazz Zazz LazyDaze LazyDaze Flutterby Flutterby

Appearance.jpg
Occupation: Huntress / Astronomer ApprenticeEquipment: Knapsack, Bow, Quiver of Arrows (20/20), Twin Daggers, Collapsible Spyglass
Falarion Appearance.jpg
Leandra's eyes strayed to Ora's tail again and she felt mildly entranced until Ora mentioned food to her again. She looked up to meet her eyes and grinned.
"Considering I've eaten plants and berries, even some yucky mushrooms, while getting through those tunnels, any meal will be a welcome sight now."
Hearing from the oddly buffed man that the group had already been on some adventures, Leandra perked up, her ears straight up now.
"Woah, you all have been on adventures? That's so cool! You totally have to tell me some of your stories."
She wanted to continue, but then several of the group inquired about her own tunnel adventure. Leandra sighed at this and shrugged.
"It was really boring, to be honest. I found Falarion along the way, which is a major plus. But like, nothing really happened. I just was so determined to get to the end of the tunnel that I eventually got here. I'm not sure what you all are looking for in them, but the tunnels were very lonely for me."
Pausing, she looked around the room and then sheepishly added, "I honestly have no idea where 'here' even is."
She wanted to mention her confusion about what race most everyone here was, but she felt incredibly anxious at the thought and looked down at her lap. Her ears drooped a bit, as she realized she was completely out of her depths here. She knew nothing about the world beyond her home.
SilverFlight SilverFlight Goonfire Goonfire Zazz Zazz Flutterby Flutterby LazyDaze LazyDaze Baconhands Baconhands

Crow raised his eyebrows upon realizing this girl—er, woman?—was practically lost. “This city is called Dwerstand,” he started to explain. “The overwhelming majority of us are... not from around here, as you may have guessed by our appearances.”

Lioness075 Lioness075

Desrick couldn't hide a smile at their new guest's enthusiasm. He wondered how to shape their endeavours into good stories, then realized that Crispin was much better suited to that task.
"Well, there we have it." His wood elf brother said, none too smug. He followed up on Crow's information. "And in case your geography for this side of the world is a little rusty, given that it's not covered in any Cyndaran education system that I know of, Dwerstand, is in Sumenna. You've crossed right into the sunlands."

The pause for effect may have been a bit unnecessary, but Crispin was smiling. "Fortunately, you have landed in safe company, more than half of us are also from Cyndara, and we're busy trying to devise a way to root out what nefarious plot the high elves of this country have devised to bring harm to Cyndara...we have a lot to explain..but if you really did come through those tunnels, you might be able to help us."

Desrick 'hmm'ed in his deep baritone. "This is good evidence to suggest that those tunnels do go to Cyndara, depending how long the journey is, I think it might just be possible the Evereach high elves are planning to send an army through them. No one in Cyndara would expect it, because I am very sure that almost no one in Cyndara knew such tunnels even existed."

"And," Crispin interjected again, "We know that the Myst queen suspects an attack from Sumenna, but she would never think to look for the assault within her own borders. They would be caught completely by surprise."
"And surprise can win a battle..." Desrick finished grimly. "We have to stop them."

"Well, Dwerstand can't help even if they wanted to, because of the Dragon Bell. We still don't know where it is, and with the threat of a --now we know to be very real-- dragon looming over the people's heads..."
"So this is it then..." Desrick looked around the room. "A room of people...to stop a war."
Zazz Zazz LazyDaze LazyDaze Flutterby Flutterby Goonfire Goonfire Lioness075 Lioness075 Baconhands Baconhands

~*~*~
Pyrrhus smiled at Meera too, making it as winning as he could. "My dear, this company will never force you to do anything you are not comfortable with doing. And if anyone tries, they answer to me." He stomped a hoof to make a playful point.
"Come now, we should get back inside, lest someone walk by the front gates."
Baconhands Baconhands Zazz Zazz

When Pyrrhus came back into the room he just caught the tail-end of the conversation.
"I don't think you'll be stopping any wars without food and sleep."
It was Eldrich, the ever-watchful keeper of Ora's family home. As he spoke, several of the others came in carrying plates of food. They were set onto the center table, free for anyone to help themselves.
"I've had the beds made upstairs, there are enough rooms, and Pyrrhus," he gestured to the centaur. "It's a bit make-shift, but there's a bed for you in the drawing room down the hall. Took most of the cushions in the house but I think you'll find it agreeable."
Pyrrhus touched his chest, smiling with gratitude.
"You have no idea how much I have dreamed of a soft bed these past few days! You, sir, are fulfill-er of dreams!"

Desrick had tried his best not to show it, but he was also exhausted. The sound of a soft bed was almost too much to resist, still, the food smelled wonderful, and he needed to stay at least a little while, in case the tabaxi woman had questions. Still, his eyelids drooped and he didn't realize he had begun to sag against the wall.

Zazz Zazz LazyDaze LazyDaze Flutterby Flutterby Goonfire Goonfire Lioness075 Lioness075 Baconhands Baconhands

The drow eyed the food warily as it was brought in. His nose twitched at the strong spices, but his hunger spoke too loudly; Lohrithe's stomach rumbled, and he grinned sheepishly. He thanked the Ravenhearts for the rather delicious looking spread and went to take a seat.

Along the way, he noticed Desrick nearly dozing on the wall, and tilted his head to the side, admiring the orc. Lohrithe slipped his pale grey hand into Desrick's green one, a stark contrast, and gave it a gentle squeeze. "Best get you filled up," he teased, patting the orc's stomach. "Come, let us sit."

"Really? I won't have to?" Meera practically sang her assent to their suggestions. "Yes... yes, the newcomer could do it! Couldn't they? They've already been through them, they'll know where to go! Maybe... perhaps..." The shapeshifter's enthusiasm began to ebb, the broad grin that had taken to her face slowly shrinking to a slight tug that hung tentatively on the edge of her lips. She weakly took Lohrithe's hand as they headed back inside and gave it a gentle squeeze, offering them both an appreciative smile.
Zazz Zazz SilverFlight SilverFlight

When the trio returned, her eyes wondered to the newcomer. Her ears registered Desrick's statement about stopping a war. The shapeshifter almost sighed; it took a significant amount of willpower for her to stop herself from doing so. She made her way over to the tabaxi, taking a seat next to her fellow country-folk. Taking in a breath, she looked up at the newcomer with fearful yet determined eyes, and a forced smile that was cracking at the seams. Her voice, though enthusiastic, was hushed. "Hi! I'm Meera, travelling trader for the travelling traders and storytellers known as the Troupe, it's nice to meet you! I was hoping you might be able to tell me something, because several others have already said that you came through some tunnels and honestly that sounds quite interesting and I was hoping you might be able to tell me where they were because I'm really curious about them and I thought what would be the harm in just poking my head round the corner and having a look." She paused. "Because... honestly I want to help and I was told... that's how I can help," she added slowly, the smile disappearing entirely.
Lioness075 Lioness075

Ora listened silently as the beastwoman explained her travels- the implications of which she was entirely unaware of. Ora's face was drawn tight, brows tented and lips thin.
She let the others speak, eventually returning to her place at the table after disposing of the broken dinnerware as Desrick finished speaking.

With a glance around the table, she murmured an agreement.
"We are more than enough, if this luck holds." It was the most optimistic thing she had uttered for weeks, but it didn't match what she was feeling.

She stood as Eldrich appeared again, and stepped away from the table to thank the Ravenhearts, again, for all they did for her. Eldrich patted her cheek, as he usually did after such professions, and wished her a good night. Winifred took a moment to say something fretful about the state of her hair, and then did the same. She watched them all disappear down the hall, with a small frown.

She came back to the table and fixed herself a plate, even though hunger was the last thing she was feeling. Ora picked through the food steadily, but it was almost a chore. The Bell was still missing, and now the chance of the city's destruction was confirmed. Could they make moves against the elves, without knowing what had happened to the Bell? As she caught the reflection of the nearby fire across her knife, she added the crystals to her list of things to worry about. She had almost forgotten them- they were the only piece they didn't have a reason for yet, which made them even more important.

Ora looked up from her almost-empty plate and realized that those around her were nearly asleep on their feet. Her worries would have to wait until morning to have company, it seemed.

Desrick felt the familiar fit of Lohr's hand in his. He blinked slowly and broke into a smile as the drow patted his belly playfully.
His deep, rumbling chuckle filled the air about them.
"I suppose you're right."
He let Lohr lead him to a place at the table.
"How are you at navigating tunnels?" He asked his love as they filled plates. Desrick had spent ample time with the dark elf growing up in the orc camp, but he had yet to see Lohr in his own home. "Do you think you could help us get through to Cyndara?"
Zazz Zazz

Crispin caught the meager portion Ora had served herself, along with the worried, focused stare at her plate before she looked up.
"Did those carrots offend?" He teased her, trying to win a smile.
Crispin sobered up after. "I know there's a lot to think about, but, if you can, try not to let it rule your mind."
To make a point, he took a pair of forks, fixing a bread roll to the end of each and made the pair of dancing bread feet jig down the edge of the table. He wiggled his eyebrows at her and grinned.
Flutterby Flutterby

Crow was glad to see the others returning in a better mood. He whistled at the special bedding arrangements outlined by Eldrich. “Now that is quite something,” he commented thoughtfully before jesting, “I reckon the drawing room looks like the seat of a cushion empire... or something upon those lines.”

Unable to resist, the famished Inquisitor helped himself to a cut of the roast beast. He took fairly well-measured bites, ensuring he didn’t eat like a pig at the table. “We dispatched a few villains on our way to Dwerstand, not before they ruined our breakfast,” he told those who weren’t with them at that time, namely Leandra. “We only arrived today. It’s good to have moments such as this to rest, lest a man go mad.”

SilverFlight SilverFlight Lioness075 Lioness075 Flutterby Flutterby Baconhands Baconhands

Iolas nearly knocked over his tea as a jolt suddenly ran through his body. After loudly clearing his throat to somewhat cover up his previous actions he took a sip of wine, as if nothing had happened at all, but his reddened face said otherwise. "...…...You do realize I will get you back in order to maintain my honor and regain my lost purity," Iolas dramatically stated with a devious smirk. He was not above competition, and could even get pretty childish when it came to things like this. If it was a war she wanted, Iolas would oblige. After the others begin to explain the past events and the immediate plans for the future which mainly involved resting, Iolas slowly stood up and stretched after deciding some food would do him good.

"I doubt chocolate on its own would suffice for a meal," Iolas said with a smirk before turning back around to load his plate. Everyone seemed to be winding down, enjoying the moment they had with each other while they could. Well, everyone accept Ora who appeared to be worrying once again; however, Crispin seemed to be right on time which caused Iolas to smile. Pyrrhus aside, Crispin was probably the only other person who could get through to her. He looked down at his plate again as he kept his fork in his mouth. The seat beside him was already pulled out for his lovely nemesis for the day. He had to think of a plot to one-up her previous action which caused his face to redden at the thought of it. He was not attempting to hide the fact that he was plotting. Building up suspense in your target was one of his favorite parts about revenge. Even so, he was able to multi-task. After hearing Crow's statement Iolas decided to chime in.

"Only a few villians? Do not be so modest. It was more like an entire platoon. Moreover, our poor breakfast was probably the primary target. They had the eyes of ravenous boars, and their bellies groaned like souls of the damned. In fact, this is actually only half of our original party. I am certain they are in a better place."

It wasn't a total lie. Some of their allies like Gideon, those in Eskaro, etc stayed behind to fulfill their own duties, and they were indeed in a better, dragonless place; however, the way Iolas phrased it made it seem as if they died in the attack Crow mentioned. Iolas gave a deep chuckle at his own handiwork certain the others would realize how stretched the story had become. He popped a berry in his mouth and relished the taste. "If I am privy to food like this then I actually do not mind facing a dragon from time to time."

Lioness075 Lioness075 SilverFlight SilverFlight Goonfire Goonfire Flutterby Flutterby Baconhands Baconhands

Ora turned her head slowly to look at Crispin, her gaze hesitant to leave where it had landed on the fire. She glanced down at her plate, and gave a small shrug.
"Winifred knows I prefer sprouts," She tried to quip back, but it came out airy and wavering, like an old nursemaid fretting.
Ora gave him a hesitant nod, and was going to return to her halfhearted meal, but he wasn't done yet.
His antics wormed their way past the wall of worry in her mind, and she found she did at least have the energy to tease him.
"How ever did those rolls learn to dance better than you?" She snickered, with a sly smile. "I must get the name of their instructor before the next ball!"
SilverFlight SilverFlight
She caught the tail end of the conversation around her, and gave Iolas a glance. The mention of fallen companions ruffled her a bit, but she shoved it away in favor of the more lighthearted picture he painted.
"Don't mention the loss of that breakfast in earshot, you'll break my heart all over again."
LazyDaze LazyDaze Lioness075 Lioness075 Goonfire Goonfire Baconhands Baconhands

Crow shuddered at the exaggerated exposition. “Iolas...!” he protested before realizing Ora was getting a chuckle, thus determining it was a jest. “Right, ‘better places’ such as Brynson and Eskaro,” he then added with air quotes before shielding his mouth from the others and whispering to Leandra, “Other cities.” After feigning a cough, he innocently scooped up some mulberries from amongst the garnish and ate them for a hint of sweetness to accompany the savory meat. Why he needed to be slick at the dinner table was a mystery even to him.

Lioness075 Lioness075 Flutterby Flutterby LazyDaze LazyDaze

Last edited:
Pyrrhus did not hesitate to pounce on the opportunity and offered Crow a mischievous smile, thinly covered through one hand. "I'd be very happy to share that empire."
Goonfire Goonfire

The centaur followed the others after they had taken their share, to save from bumping anyone with his bulk.
Once settled again he listened to Iolas' dramatic recount.
"Now now dear, the best stories still have a grain of truth you know." He chided the elf, on the tail end of Crow's own correction.
LazyDaze LazyDaze Goonfire Goonfire

Crispin jerked as if he'd been physically struck by Ora's barb. He stuck the end of a fork under one arm.
"Oh! My lady speaks sharper than arrow points!" He laid the back of a hand against his forehead. Since everyone else was being dramatic.
"I am stabbed..." He slumped back in his chair and lay still. To his glee it even got a chuckle from his serious-faced brother. Desrick shook his head, helpless.
Flutterby Flutterby

At length the evening wound down, and even though the darkness poured in from the windows, same as it had when they came in, Pyrrhus found himself yawning and blinking. It was time to retire.
"We'll all get a fresh start of it tomorrow eh?"
He rose slowly and started for the drawing room.

Desrick stretched, his eyes trialing the stairs where there was promise of a soft bed.
"We'll meet back in the morning. Rest well everyone."

Flutterby Flutterby Goonfire Goonfire Zazz Zazz LazyDaze LazyDaze Baconhands Baconhands Lioness075 Lioness075

"How are you at navigating tunnels?" He asked his love as they filled plates. Desrick had spent ample time with the dark elf growing up in the orc camp, but he had yet to see Lohr in his own home. "Do you think you could help us get through to Cyndara?"

Lohrithe nodded thoughtfully. "I suppose I might be helpful. Though, I have never traveled these tunnels. I could tell you what treasures lie just beyond their surfaces, but I cannot tell you where they lead." To Leandra, he introduced himself and said, "Leandra, was it? I am Lohrithe. How long do you reckon it took to travel the tunnel? And... where in Cyndara do your people live?" None of them knew where exactly this tunnel led to.

The drow and the halfling elf both laughed at Crispin's drama, a strangely similar sound now that Azaria had downed most of her alcohol and was becoming increasingly tired. "Would you like a napkin to stench the flow? I doubt 'your lady' wants your guts on her floor," Azaria teased, tossing her fabric square across the table at the wood elf.

There was no hiding the pinks that bloomed from Crow’s cheeks. However, he didn’t try to hide it; he was at ease. “Much obliged,” he replied only half-jokingly.

“I will go prepare for the funeral,” Crow added to the running gag. As he admitted, the supper brought a welcome distraction. That, however, was when a grand idea entered his mind. “My, I think we have the basis of a theater company,” he complimented, pointing out how well the others worked together in fabricating drama. “Note to self: disguise others as traveling performers...”

When the time came, the hybrid placed his silverware and dishes in a neat stack. “I’m afraid sleep calls me as well. I must retire, lest I meet similar ends as Crispin.” With an amused chuckle, he backed out of the dining room and set off in search of the drawing room.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Zazz Zazz Flutterby Flutterby

Leandra Appearance.jpg
Luness Appearance.jpg
Leandra's head was on a swivel as the group began to speak up while she enjoyed her hot and fresh meal. Her hands were practically a blur, as she continuously snatched up another piece of food, ignoring any silverware provided and barely pausing to swallow in-between the bites. Falarion had his face in the same plate as Leandra, intently focused on eating as well.
When the man with the oddly pointed ears spoke up, Leandra finally paused in her eating, her cheeks puffed up from what she had just stuffed in her mouth and her eyes wide with a hint of fear. The one with the horns and tail did not sound nearly as sad as she would expect someone to when she mentioned to not bring up such memories.
Finally swallowing her food with a loud gulp, Leandra glanced between the group and asked, "Just what kind of danger have you all faced already?"
When the individual lacking any fur or distinctive features beyond the lack of fur whispered to her, Leandra's ears perked forward and she leaned back towards him even as he leaned back away. She excitedly whispered, "What are Brynson and Eskaro like? What kind of people live there?" She absentmindedly wondered if the horned woman would have any books in her home that could help tell Leandra what kinds of people were with her now. She felt too shy to ask about that in front of the group.
As a few began to express their desire to turn in for the night, Leandra suddenly exclaimed, "Wait! I never got anyone's names!" She then quickly realized that was a very unnecessary thing to shout and she began poking at the food on her plate while she mumbled, "Sorry, I didn't mean to shout."
Falarion stepped towards Leandra on the table and let out a low meow before bumping his head against her cheek and rubbing while purring.
Leandra laughed at this and pet his head while perking up once again, "Oh yes, so my name is Leandra. Lee-an-dra. I think I already introduced him, but my friend here is Falarion. Fuh-lare-ion." She pronounced each name slowly after the introductions, wanting to ensure everyone knew how to say them properly. There had been some kids back home who had teased her by purposefully mispronouncing her name and she did not want anyone to mistakenly do so now.
SilverFlight SilverFlight Goonfire Goonfire Zazz Zazz Flutterby Flutterby LazyDaze LazyDaze Baconhands Baconhands

Users who are viewing this thread

Back