• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Setting Summer Dawn

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"I'm curious as well." Gideon replied. "I suppose we'll know just what sort of cards we have once my friends come back from their little jaunt to the docks."
Gideon raised an eyebrow at Nova. "We're not looking to ruin the party. Its not even Evereach's ball, but it is for them. All we need is a few uninterrupted minutes with the heads sans Evereach. That will be a feat in itself, because the Evereach representitive attending is Captain Lassard. A more ruthless soul you're not likely to meet."
Lohrithe brought up an excellent point and the smile that appeared on Gideon's face was close to glee.
"That my friend is the most entertaining piece of information I have gathered yet. It's a masquerade for starters, and the nobles will be using their best glamourists to make their costumes for a very special theme. That theme...is Cyndara. You'll find every skin colour under the sun. Horns, tails. I've seen some of the costume pieces--it's good to have friends in the textile business--Even Desrick won't stand out, we just need to fit you all with the proper ball attire, and masks of course."
Nova blinked, "I didn't mean-- Wait, did you say Cyndaran masquerade?" The elf woman groaned internally. Nothing was more infuriating than aristocrats mocking the lower class, especially ones they regularly kidnapped and enslaved. "Fuuunnn."

When Gideon marked the arrival of the crew sent to investigate, Nova followed him out of the room and approached her new teammates. A gaggle of misfits, indeed. Reminded her of her scouting party with the Band. She listened as to what they had to say, both hands curiously placed on her hips. So the mission was a success, that was good to hear. So why did everyone look so.. uncomfortable? Just as she opened her mouth to ask such a question, she noticed something out of the corner of her eye. An undoubtedly cute woman was staring her down. Nova locked eyes with her and tilted her head back slightly, her expression an odd mixture of curiosity and authority. Though, not wanting to interrupt the other's conversation, she offered nothing more than a sly wink.

Trileon smiled brightly when Mari collapsed into the arms of her father. A touching sight such as this was worth the stressfull endeavors of rescuing the prisoners. But, like some of the others, she had a look of worry plastered all over her face, and when Gideon questioned what happened, she spoke softly, "This man you wish to expose-- Lassard. He was there."

To this, Nova seemed to perk up. Now things were getting interesting.

"Lassard? As in, Captain Lassard?"

Last edited:
Although Lassard left the ship, the tension remained etched into his heart even after they had rescued the prisoners and rendevouzed at the estate. There was definitely a strange feeling of relief accompanied with some ill foreboding. Nevertheless, Iolas would keep his thoughts to himself as he gleefully removed his scarf once he was inside and greeted everyone with a smile. "Hello everyone, Lassard sends his regards." Iolas paused as he took a brief sweep of the room. "And some more new faces......please do your best to stay alive so I can remember you all. I am very bad with names, just ask Pigeon (Crow) here." It had only been a few seconds since they arrived and Iolas was already back to being....Iolas. At the very least the mission was a success, so Iolas could remain content for now, but this ball troubled him...what if he was not up to speed with the current dances? Iolas really did not want to embarrass himself at such a high profile event.

"...Pyrrhus, did you not have a book regarding Summenan dance?"

Iolas smiled at Pyrrhus and then glanced around the room while waiting for Pyrrhus's answer. It seemed like ages since he saw his good friend. He wondered how hard the mission was on their end. Iolas paid special attention to Azaria and Crow just to see if they were at all shaken by their encounter with Lassard, but they seemed to be fine as well. Overhearing Nova and Trileon's conversation about Lassard Iolas gleefully chimed in. "Oh yes, general Lassard...I am sure many elves fawn over him. His hair was absolutely stunning to say the least. Shame about the personality though," Iolas said while pouring himself a drink.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Zazz Zazz Goonfire Goonfire mothspit mothspit HumbugPie HumbugPie The Gunrunner The Gunrunner Flutterby Flutterby (Am I missing anyone? xD)

Azaria raised a brow at Nova's wink, but said nothing. Iolas was back to being himself, which, oddly, was actually refreshing. She had still been on edge since their encounter with Lassard. And the fact that they were now properly invited to the ball was... troubling.

She stepped forward and held out the elven blade from the ship to Crow. "I believe you had some interest in this." It was of little use to her, anyway.

Crow’s eyes fixed themselves on the sabre. It’s true; he wanted this sword as a trophy... or perhaps a gift. “You didn’t have to go through the extra trouble of dragging it with you, but you have my thanks, Az.” He accepted it gracefully, tucking the sheathed sword under his arm. From there, he kept shambling toward the mansion so he could review and transcribe the documents, then take well-earned rest.

Zazz Zazz

Desrick turned to Vulgo with a slight frown, but before he could ask Gideon approached. "This is Vulgo, he is another friend whom I've asked to help you. And that is Nova," he gestured tohe as well.
Desrick gave a nod. "I saw the elf Lassard when he attacked my home in Cyndara. He commands without mercy. And Ora is right. He does seem to be showing up wherever we are."
Crow asked for more information.
"Actually, that's what I'm hoping you can tell me. I need to know everything that happened on that ship."
The Gunrunner The Gunrunner Goonfire Goonfire Flutterby Flutterby mothspit mothspit

At the sound of Pearl's voice Gideon turned and his expression brightened. "You made it! I was beginning to get worried. Evereach has more of a presence here than ever before. I'm starting to wonder if our guard would actually be able to fend them off if their ambitions in the city took a more violent turn."
At Pearl's jab at her own abilities Gideon tutted in a fatherly manner. "Now I'm sure you're selling yourself short again. Since I've known you you've always been quite accomplished in anything you choose to do."
HumbugPie HumbugPie

Gideon's expression went grim when he heard Lassard's name.
"I had hoped he wouldn't be here for the ball. This might complicate things."
Desrick frowned. "Why would it matter if he was going to a ball?"
Gideon looked up and grinned. "Because my burly friend. You're all going too."

"We are?!" Pyrrhus exclaimed, a mix of dread and delight painted across his angular face.
Gideon began to explain the ball and its rather unusual theme.
"I can have my seamsters create your outfits, feel free to give them any instruction you wish. Pyrrhus," He turned to the centaur who frowned when he saw Gideon's pained expression.
"Let me guess, I'll be going as an attendant."
He nodded, "But, it does present us with a fairly decent opportunity. We'll need to smuggle the proof you collected into the ball, and show it to the relevant parties without Evereach knowing, and in all my years of dealing with them, they've never so much as glanced at their slaves. You'll be practically invisible."
"Despite being about eight feet tall and with four legs you mean?"
Gideon nodded. "It's a social protocol. They won't look at you. I won't pretend carrying incriminating documents won't be dangerous. If you're caught by Evereach they will likely try to kill you, torture you beforehand for information if they get the chance."
Pyrrhus looked at him aghast, "At a party? Out in the open?"
Gideon looked grim. "The Brynson castle is a big place. Don't underestimate who we're dealing with."
The Gunrunner The Gunrunner Goonfire Goonfire Flutterby Flutterby mothspit mothspit HumbugPie HumbugPie Zazz Zazz LazyDaze LazyDaze

When Iolas mentioned the book Pyrrhus clapped a hoof on the gravel pathway as he remembered. "That's right! We need to learn the dances! Or...you do." He tried not to sound too crestfallen.
He gave a half smile at Iolas' dry jab at their favourite Evereach captain. "Yes, psychopathy does tend to tarnish the charm."
LazyDaze LazyDaze

"For now," Gideon began, raising his voice so all could hear, "we can rest and catch up. We have six mark rounds ((days)) before the ball, and in that time we should have some semblance of a plan on how we convince the other houses of Evereach's deceit. I suggest you spend time with one another, get to know who you're working with."
The Gunrunner The Gunrunner Goonfire Goonfire Flutterby Flutterby mothspit mothspit HumbugPie HumbugPie Zazz Zazz LazyDaze LazyDaze

Crow sighed heavily; having to recall the standoff aboard the ship was as stressful as the situation itself. “Allow me to recap from the beginning:

We climbed aboard as the guards were arguing. We went to the captain’s quarters first, retrieved these letters from a magically-sealed and mechanically-locked crate. Unsealing the crate was an... exhausting process, but Azaria let me expend an invigorating stone so I could keep up. We threw it in the water as a diversion so we could cross the deck again. Then, we knocked out a guard who would’ve noticed us.

That was when we heard someone blow a whistle. I think Lassard was waiting for us, but we persuaded him that I was a fugitive and that there was one more hiding among the captives. And... that was about it. We managed to get away and rescue these people.”

Crow exhaled again after divulging his recollection of all the events aboard the ship. “We have a stack of documents, if you’d like to see them. We snatched... everything we could, really. I hope it helps.” He handed a fat handful of letters to Gideon while considering what he would do when he attended the masquerade. Long, dark robes would be nice... probably high heels to add a couple inches to his height, as well.

Perhaps Crow would embrace his hidden side for this ball by dressing up as a dark fey. But who would accompany him? Who was mutually acquainted with him? There were the two from the ship, but he would rather not be seen with the two ‘agents’ that arrested him. That was when Crow glanced up at Pyrrhus, who seemed upset that he couldn’t partake in the revelry. It was actually quite upsetting, though the pale lad’s expression didn’t twist to reveal that. Despite the pity he felt, an idea was hatching in his mind; that much was apparent when his tired eyes sharpened once more.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Zazz Zazz LazyDaze LazyDaze The Gunrunner The Gunrunner

Last edited:
Ora gave Crow a small, mysterious smile. "I appreciate the offer, but I think I may create a candlestick even more to my liking." Goonfire Goonfire
The dwarf moved out of the way of Crow's and of Gideon's conversation with the others, even though it wasn't really necessary; their words did go right over her head, but she still felt awkward. And it gave her a chance to look over the two new faces. Both seemed.. not exactly Sumennan. Nova looked suspiciously like Az, so she was likely a halfling. And this Vulgo was.. just so imposing, and something about the way he held himself reminded her of orcs- painfully of Burgern.

She was still mulling this over when Gideon mentioned the ball. Her lips tightened, and her shoulders inched up toward her ears. It sounded like this was already decided. No discussion, no room to protest. A ball was precisely the type of things she was not supposed to be at anymore. Never-mind the fact that it was a masquerade and she should be able to blend in and go unnoticed- that part of her life was, specifically and unequivocally, over.
Her top lip curled in a look of pure disgust, displayed clearly for a brief moment before she got it under control. She felt bad, being so against it when Pyrrhus was dying to partake and could not.
Still, she gave a grunt and muttered, "Leave it to the nobles to make oppression a fashion statement." It would be the first time in.. 20-some years that she would have to have a gown made. Might as well make it insane and hope it's the last.

Ora was glad for the distraction that Crow offered, and turned to look at those that had been on the ship. "Lassard just.. walked away from a ship supposed to have fugitives on it? What in sky's name did you say?"
Goonfire Goonfire LazyDaze LazyDaze Zazz Zazz

Last edited:
"We informed him it was a task above his rank, and kindly reminded him of how terrible treason is for one's reputation," said Azaria, answering Ora. She went to stand by Pyrrhus and ran her fingers through his velvety fur. Of him, she asked, "I don't suppose you would help me whip up an outfit, would you?"

Crow was tempted to mirror Az’s actions. He reached out, but consciously pulled his hand back, feeling he’d be rude to impose his touch upon any person. “Honestly, I savor the idea of seeing what you two are doing and receiving some creative input... if that’s okay,” he added, trying to not sound too desperate for help planning for a huge first. “Oh, and... perhaps we should have a little more fun while we can. Maybe someone can help me learn the steps and enjoy a few dances before we get burdened with work.” Crow’s gaze was focused intently on the sweet centaur. Truth be told, he always wanted to see how a quadruped danced with a biped. A bit of heat welled up across his face; he seldom took opportunities to indulge his curiosity like this. Yeah, that was it... simple curiosity.

Zazz Zazz SilverFlight SilverFlight

Last edited:
Gideon's words really did make a difference - no one had ever praised Pearl for her abillities, so this was a completely new experience for her, "Though I did choose to hit the guard on the head, but ended up landing on his arm," she grinned, "thank you for your praise, old friend. You haven't changed in the slightest."

The talk of a ball did change her facial expression, however. It was a mixture of dread and excitement that she may actually be able to do her duty that she was sent here for. Hearing her new teammates speaking of a book about dancing, she was curious to read it - "Pyrrhus, if you still have that book, may I read it? I enjoy studying a lot and would greatly appreciate the information." Pyrrhus seemed like a rather intellectual person and it saddened her that he would have to attend as a servant of sorts. She knew exactly how that felt; knowing you're smart and yet being refused acknowledgement, "in fact, I would love it if you could teach me how to dance with your friend here."

SilverFlight SilverFlight LazyDaze LazyDaze

Desrick looked very surprised. He agreed wholeheartedly with Ora's sentiments.
"How in Cyndabrynde's name did you convince Lassard to leave? I think we all would like to hear what was said."
Gideon's expression changed immediately upon hearing about the documents, hope lighting in his eyes. "Let me see them please."
Flutterby Flutterby Goonfire Goonfire

Pyrrhus looked down as he felt Azaria's finger brush his shoulder. His eyes lit up at her request. "Would I?"
Crow's gesture didn't go unnoticed and his eyes softened as he smiled. "I'd be honoured to help you."
When Pearl asked him about dancing as well Pyrrhus' bright smile could have shamed the sun.
"Of course! We can share the book, and I'll help you all learn the dances!"
He pranced back excitedly. "I'll go fetch it!"
The centaur was only gone for a moment but when he returned it was with the book of dances, paper, brushes and ink. He took the items to a shady part of the lawn and set drawing supplies down, having to kneel on his fore-knees to do so.
"These are for coming up with designs. I suppose we'll need masks too." He said brightly as he came back over to the group with the book clasped against his torso. He opened it to the contents page and held it out to them, excietement pouring into his voice. "Which dance should we learn first?"
HumbugPie HumbugPie Goonfire Goonfire Zazz Zazz LazyDaze LazyDaze

Crow surrendered every document the team collected. “Here... It took a lot of coaxing to get these without that bastard discovering the documents in my bag,” he informed Gideon and Desrick. “Azaria and Iolas did most of the talking. It was a bit of a blur for me, since I had several blades to my throat in the span of two minutes.”

Crow was fatigued, but he refused to let an opportunity to try something new slip through his fingers. He wanted to at least start learning a dance before he rested, so he slipped away towards the shady spot when his objectives were complete. The book presented to him may as well have been written in Sanskrit. “I was... never told the names of the dances,” he shamefully admitted, looking away and rubbing the nape of his neck. “Please, pick one to start us off. I’m interested in seeing which one you find most appealing, Pyrrhus.” It wasn’t until he finished his thought that he realized how awkward that may have sounded to those around him.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Zazz Zazz LazyDaze LazyDaze

Ora gave Az a skeptical look. Her answer was, true to form, vague and bordered on dismissive. Desrick seemed to agree with her, and asked again, but the group's attention seemed to be waning- there was a ball to prepare for. Dancing and dresses and manners and nobles.. Ora felt her stomach clench up.
"I suppose it doesn't really matter, right? It did work. The whole thing.. off without a hitch." She murmured in Desrick's general direction. Crow offered a little more of an explanation- he had been some sort of scapegoat, with Azaria and Iolas talking their way out of the situation. That added a little context, and Ora's eyes drifted over to Iolas. He had seemed different as they left the ship, hadn't he? Certainly different from the man that had gone book-shopping with her earlier that day. The dwarf's tail twitched against her leg. She had forgotten the little bit they knew about Iolas- had he been that different from Lassard himself? Ora grimaced. The entire thing, was so very unsettling.
Her eyes trailed over to the little gathering in the shade- talk of dancing drifted to her ears.
"I suppose.. I suppose even I will have to brush up on things," She whispered, feeling blood rush out of her face. Her tail twitch began again, and for a moment she thought she might need to sit down. But she brought herself back to reality by turning to Gideon, pointing to the documents, and saying, "Do you need help with those?"
SilverFlight SilverFlight
The Gunrunner The Gunrunner Goonfire Goonfire mothspit mothspit HumbugPie HumbugPie Zazz Zazz LazyDaze LazyDaze

Nova remained interested in discussion about Lassard for a brief moment, tearing herself away from the discussion when there was mention of the ball once again. She wasn't much of a dancer, but she was never one to turn down a party. And hey, who knows? It's possible she might actually have fun at a ball meant for aristocrat jerks. If anything, there would be booze, and like hell she was passing that up. She moved over to the small group in the shade, particularly over to Azaria's side. In an attempt to appear more 'cool,' she crossed her arms, and leaned against the trunk of the tree they all stood under.

"So, this party.." She mused slyly, "We should travel in small groups. Harder for any baddies to pick us off, eh? I'm Nova."

Among them, a woman with blue skin and large horns. Trileon beamed when Pyrrhus mentioned dancing; Her mind briefly flashed to a handful of mark rounds prior, his beautiful music in the square of Delan. She pointed to one of the first passages in the book, "How about this one? It looks simple enough.. Er, except for the part where one person hoists the other up in the air.."

"It is all true, although I am sure he just felt Azaria's blood lust and left," Iolas mused as he listened to everyone give their recount of the situation regarding Lassard while Pyrrhus went to go fetch the most important papers of the day. It was nice to see everyone so lively; it was a wonder how he got by with so little interaction with other people for so long. The recount was simple, but at the very least they weren't wrong. Iolas felt he could offer very little additional information, so he just let it play out. Az's vague answers, Crow's discomfort reliving the ordeal, and Ora's confusion was amusing to say the least. Iolas continued to nod with a huge grin on his face while they conversed, offering a slight chuckle ever so often. When Pyrrhus returned, Iolas stood up and joined the crowd that was quickly forming around him...this was becoming quite common since most people were drawn to his positive energy. He gave a smile and a nod to Pearl who also stated she needed to brush up on her dance moves, in fact, it seemed that a lot of people needed the practice.

"I am well versed in the traditional dances. I believe I should be able to pick it up quickly since modernizations are usually just modifications to an original concept." Iolas listened to the suggestions of the others and then pointed to a particulary difficult dance with multiple steps. "...This one looks absolutely dreadful....shall we start with it?" Iolas said to no one in particularly if only to ruffle their feathers.\

SilverFlight SilverFlight Zazz Zazz Goonfire Goonfire mothspit mothspit HumbugPie HumbugPie Flutterby Flutterby

Pearl was thrilled to have found someone so knowledgable as Pyrrhus; she admired his charisma and saw a lot of herself in his personality. Looking around, she felt everyone's fluctuating emotions - Ora sempt very apprehensive and frankly terrified of the ball, whereas Iolas seemed rather calm and collected. None of their body language went unnoticed - the Dwarf's pallor and gaunt look and the Elf's naunchalant behaviour. The juxtaposition was rather funny, in an ironic kind of way.

Though she had offered to learn to dance, everyone seemed to be headed for the most complex ones possible. Trileon's suggestion made Pearl's skin turn a little green, like a muggy pond rather than a beautiful ocean. Iolas added to her worry - one of the fishes in her hair jumping out and flopping onto the floor, wriggling around uncontrollably, mimicing her panicked thoughts. She leant down to pick it up as quickly as possible and return it to its home, in hopes no one would notice, which was a definite stretch of the imagination. Being a lanky elf, Pearl knew that her two left feet would affect her ability to wow an audience with twirls and even hoists... Did they have enough time to deal with her clumsiness?

SilverFlight SilverFlight Flutterby Flutterby LazyDaze LazyDaze mothspit mothspit

Last edited:
Azaria raised a brow on her angular face as Nova made herself known to her. "Azaria," she responded with her name, a sly smirk upon her lips. The other halfling was too... eager. "I suppose that might be wise... Iolas, will you dance with me? Seeing as we were the only two invited, it would make sense for us to be a... group, as Nova has put forth." She dropped a subtle wink his way, trailing a finger down Nova's arm as the assassin went to join Iolas.

Now, the assassin had, in fact, been trained in dance, as it made a good cover when sneaking into parties to claim blood. She was actually quite good. She peered over a shoulder and grinned when she saw what he had chosen. "Excellent choice. Shall we demonstrate?"

There was nothing quite like jumping headfirst into any practice scenario. Looking back on it, this wouldn’t be the first time Crow had tackled tricky training sessions without knowledge. If he thought quickly enough and his eyes and feet didn’t fail him, he may be able to keep up.

However, armor was cumbersome, not at all helpful for dancing. Crow removed his retainer’s cope and cuirass. With his full range of motion free, he gracefully stretched and bowed. “I see no reason to dissuade ourselves from starting with such a ‘dreadful’ dance,” he smoothly jested, the faintest smile gracing his features.

A twinge of regret did pluck at Crow beneath his calm facade. Those documents needed to be reviewed and he wanted to help, but he felt a yearning for social interaction, like starvation pains in his soul.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Zazz Zazz LazyDaze LazyDaze HumbugPie HumbugPie mothspit mothspit

Last edited:
Iolas shot Pearl a sinister grin, but only for a split second. This was not meant to be a life threatening gesture, but he had found someone who seemed to be quite susceptible to his taunts and it excited him as a child who was brought a new toy. Her antics, even if they were involuntary, did not go unnoticed. It then lead him to thoughts about how dissimilar they were, at least when it came to emotions. He wondered how someone who literally wore their heart on their sleeve could leave in a world where deception was a skill rather than sin. Meanwhile Iolas was always wearing a mask, it was fitting that he would have a physical mask at the ball. He then gazed upon the floundering fish that she attempted to "sweep under the rug" which only added to his excitement.

"I did not know Sumennan dance would excite someone even more than Pyrrhus, I eagerly await the performance of such a devout artisian." Iolas said purposely confusing her dismay as passion.

HumbugPie HumbugPie

Caught up in his teasings, Azaria's voice cut through the air as if it was one of his trusted blades. Iolas's ears twitched when he heard his name for it wasn't often that she spoke up during these peaceful gatherings, at least not from what he observed to this point. Admittedly, Iolas was a bit dumbfounded when Azaria asked him to dance with her. It wasn't like her to suggest something like this and it did not really register with him that dancing could be useful in her line of work, so he simply stood silent, with a faint smile of course, as he tried to wrap his mind around what she could be thinking. Had she finally gained the nerve to kill him for all his antics? The immediate answer to that would be no as Iolas nearly facepalmed when she reminded him that they were actually invited by Lassard himself. It seemed obvious that they would be partners, but there was a hint of something else in her words and actions. Mischievousness, lust, danger? (My, my what curse has wrought this woman upon me?) Iolas was humored that his own taunts had fallen back on him as he was suddenly thrust into the position of having to demonstrate the complex dance he had picked for essentially everyone but himself. Even Crow, who was still a mystery to Iolas, seemed to be getting into it. "I am glad everyone seems to take me so seriously," Iolas stated sarcastically in response to Azaria and Crow's remarks.

Never one to back down from a challenge Iolas then turned to Azaria and met her gaze with a bit of a mischievous grin of his own as he slowly walked in her direction. "....So it would seem. Azaria, it will be my honor to group with you. However, if we are to demonstrate this dance, I am afraid we have gotten off to a poor start. I am certain it is I that should be asking you to dance, not the other way around." When he finally closed the distance between them, Iolas took her hand, holding it lightly, but securely in his own while his free arm wrapped around her waist, pulling her a bit closer as he looked down toward her with a soft smile. "I am afraid I will have to go all out to redeem such a blunder," Iolas said, returning the wink she gave him earlier.

Zazz Zazz Goonfire Goonfire

"I expect nothing less of you," she teased, meeting his gaze. She had to raise her chin just slightly to do so, having inherited her father's people's lack of elven height. It was strange for Lohrithe to be as tall as he was. But Azaria had to put in little effort to match his stride in dance; her body moved fluidly as a dagger from her hand and she knew it.

"Pyrrhus, do you think perhaps you could play us music?" The assassin let Iolas lead, playing the part of the delicate flower society expected of women, even while she noted every way in which she could kill him mid-dance.

Nova's grin faded when Azaria made the tantalizing gesture, slipping away with a kind of teasing energy Nova found.. frustrating. Was she actually flirting with the other elf? There was always joy to be found in the hunt, no doubt, but the fruits of that labor weren't guaranteed. Especially if the other party was just as aloof as she was, and she'd sooner cut off her own foot rather than make a fool of herself by chasing. Still, there was a kind of interest in her eyes, and she joined the dancing party with a cooler-than-ice attitude, in search of a partner. When her eyes fell upon the woman from earlier-- Blue skin, large horns, and long dark hair-- A smile crept across Nova's face. She was a cutie, too. Nova had been invited to small gatherings of House Soleil members in the past, and though she didn't consider herself the master of dance, she still knew how to cut up a dancefloor better than most. But when she began approaching her, Trileon had already swiveled around to.. What was his name again? Pigeon? Oh, Crow. Right.

"Would you like to try, my religious friend?" She smiled brightly, sclera eyes twinking excitedly, "I'm sure we can manage."

"Hey there," Nova piped up, "I know that dance, and it requires someone to catch you at the end. I'd be happy to."

Trileon blinked, but nodded enthusiastically. She didn't quite understand Sumennan practices, but this did actually sound.. fun. A nice break from the harrowing mission that took place earlier. "My name is Trileon. I.. apologize beforehand if I fall on you."

Nova chuckled and took the woman's hand, kissing the back of it,
"Nova. Don't worry, I'm good with my hands."

Suddenly, Trileon's cheeks turned purple; That was certainly new.. Still, she turned back to Crow, offering her hands to him to get into dancing formation, awaiting for the music to begin. Nova waited patiently nearby, assessing the distance for where she needed to stand in order to catch the beastwoman. She passed a small grin across the shaded lawn to Azaria. Two can play that game, toots.

Goonfire Goonfire Zazz Zazz SilverFlight SilverFlight

Although he wasn't asked to state his name, Crow deemed it appropriate to introduce himself, given his proximity to Trileon. "You're new to this team, are you not?" he asked first. "I'm Crow; as you may have picked up from Trileon, I act as a sort of... religious consultant?" He was genuinely unsure how he could state it without dropping the 'I'm an inquisitor' bomb on the woman. He grew tired of saying that word... "Anywho, I'm talking far too much. I'm pleased to make your acquaintance." He then silenced himself and offered his hand to Trileon for this dance.

mothspit mothspit

Azaria was surprisingly good at this. It left little doubt to the fact that she has done this before, but you would never believe she could play the delicate role so well…at least on the surface. Out of everyone in their party Iolas always had Azaria in the back of his mind. Not in the way some might expect. He was not particularly curious to learn everyone’s past because that would involve having to share his as well. Nor was he her white knight in shining armor trying to get her to change her ways. In fact, he thought someone like her was necessary in this party. It was actually simple, he did not want to wake up with a knife in his throat, and it was always amusing to play with fire. Nevertheless, he found it strange that while he held her in her arms and directed her path it was as if he was in her grasp instead. At this range, Iolas knew he was at her mercy. Her nimbleness and prowess as an assassin would trump his strength and resolve as a soldier. He was not particularly bothered by it, but amused instead as he too took a mental note of every moment she could have killed him during the dance. At least the moments he could see since Azaria probably could come up with more ways to end his life. He also noted possibilities in which he could minimize a fatal wound; that was only feasible twice. Simultaneously, he ventured into the realm of endless possibilities and imagined a scenario in which he could have killed her, but she left no openings, at least none that someone like him could exploit during a dance. It was actually quite liberating, similar to the feeling a thrill seeker might feel after jumping off a cliff and into the sea.

After a difficult turn he dipped Azaria and leaned closer so only she could hear him. “I believe you have killed me 17 times…,” he said with a mischievous grin. He was never afraid to say what was on his mind and now wouldn’t be any different. Then going a little off script he spun her around, so that he would end up behind her. It was a vulnerable position for most people…but then again, Azaria was not most people. “That makes 18…you are pretty dangerous...” Iolas whispered again. He spun her around once more so that they were in their original position and back on script to the original dance as he eagerly awaited Pyrrhus’s melodies so that they could be done with this “warm up”.

“However, you were nearly dead on that last turn,” Iolas said with a cheerful smile.

Zazz Zazz SilverFlight SilverFlight

Gideon took the documents from Crow and examined them carefully. The expression on his face turned to one of eagerness and triumph.
"If you only knew how long I'd been after these....this is everything we need to condemn Evereach in the eyes of the other great houses. Now...comes the hard part."
He shook his head as Ora offered to help. "No thank you Oralia my dear, I think you had better brush up on your dance steps with the centaur. I can handle these."
Goonfire Goonfire Flutterby Flutterby

Pyrrhus paused when he heard Crow's reply to his question. "You want to know what I would pick?" He seemed touched by the thoughtfulness of the gesture.
Goonfire Goonfire
He listened to the suggestion put forth by the others, wagging a mock-chastising finger at Iolas. "Now now, we're trying to built confidence. I wouldn't have them try that first...not unless they had a very good demonstration first." He winked at Azaria, something secret passing between them.
Zazz Zazz LazyDaze LazyDaze

"Don't worry too much about the lifts dear," He told Trileon. "We will manage. I'll bet Desrick could lift anyone here with one arm!" Pyrrhus pointed then and Desrick froze.
"Ooho no. I'm not--I don't dance."
"Oh but you must! Its crucial for the disguise!"
"I. Don't. Dance."
"Oh come now!"
"No."
"Pleeease?"
"Pyrrhus, there is no way you are getting me into this..."

Moments later Desrick stood by, arms crossed as he awaited instruction.
"Now, you'll all need partners of course."
It was only then Pyrrhus realized that Azaria had already chosen her partner. He caught her cat-like expression and he grinned excitedly, taking up his lute upon her request.
"You should all watch this." He said happily, and as they begun, Pyrrhus started to play. He was enjoying Azaria's act immensely.
The tune poured from the strings as he plucked them deftly, matching their pace and bringing the dance to life. The notes flitted about the swaying willow branches, that sighed as they caught the breeze.
"Partners everyone! Partners! You have the best demonstration you could ask for!"
As he played Pyrrhus began to copy the footwork, stepping gracefully, with all four feet working together in perfect sync. He glided back and forth and around and to the side, his fingers never missing a single note. He was clearly a practiced entertainer.

Desrick watched as the group began to find their partners, arms still crossed. He hoped the centaur would forget him.
"If you don't choose a partner Desrick, I'll choose one for you." Pyrrhus sang, a sly smile playing on his lips.

Goonfire Goonfire Zazz Zazz Flutterby Flutterby mothspit mothspit LazyDaze LazyDaze HumbugPie HumbugPie

Pyrrhus danced his way over to where Pearl was standing, looking slightly uncomfortable. While the notes still drifted from his lute he bowed deeply and began to repeat the steps for her to mirror, slowly at first, so she could master them.
HumbugPie HumbugPie

Ora's face visibly twitched when Gideon shooed her away to dance. Her tail coiled tightly around her ankle. In that moment, she looked and felt like a kettle about to boil, whistling and soon to be screeching. But she swallowed heavily, and took a single, massive gulp of air. Then, she straightened her tail, tucked a loose piece of hair, and joined the group under the tree.

By then, Azaria and Iolas had partnered off and begun dancing, one that she knew very well. It hadn't been her favorite- she found the complicated ones pretentious and a little boring.
Finding her place next to Desrick, Ora glanced up at the orc with a blank face.
"Pyrrhus isn't going to let this go." She murmured softly, watching Azaria and Iolas dance with a frown. Elves always had an ethereal quality when they danced- humans tended to envy it, and dwarves tended to hate it. "You should grab Lohr before he tries to pair you with the water elf.."
Then, almost as an afterthought, "Iolas dances like my old nanny." Her tone was inappropriately malicious, especially considering how friendly she had been with the elf earlier that day. She restrained herself from a similarly rude comment about Azaria's knowing, haughty expression- but only because she didn't want to lose the tip of her ear to a flying knife.
Her eyes trailed away from what she seemed to think was a disgusting display- in fact, she thought the pair of elves were quite talented and doing a wonderful demonstration- and over to where Pyrrhus was trying to coax Pearl into trying the step. The water elf was.. actually green. Ora scowled. Who ever picked this as the beginning dance was cruel and inconsiderate. There were far more basic sequences that would build easily to this, and she was sure they were in that manual.
"And whoever picked this one to start was just being mean." She muttered, crossing her arms and trying to ignore the fact that her knees were beginning to feel like molten ore.
Goonfire Goonfire Zazz Zazz SilverFlight SilverFlight mothspit mothspit LazyDaze LazyDaze HumbugPie HumbugPie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back