• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Setting Summer Dawn (Medieval fantasy detailed) - ignore post count

SilverFlight

Tende altum, volare altius
Supporter
Setting Summer Dawn

Nov. 9th - open​

Once, there was only darkness. Nothing existed in the inky black of eternal night, for all souls were sleeping. The first spark of light came from the opening eyes of the oldest god: Summrbrynde, the Summer King. When he saw the darkness he saw nothing, and so, devised to create the world.
His people were filled with the light of summer; they were beautiful, with pure intentions. They were the Summer People, and they built great cities and kingdoms and prospered. There was another people however, born by mistake from the space where the light was carved from; a dark place, and so, a dark people. These people were ugly, and their hearts were ugly and the Summer People cast them away from their great selves to live forever in the Mystlands, away from the Summer King’s light.
This was the story told, and so it is to this very day: Sumenna, the summer lands, and Cyndara, the lands of the myst are divided, and the people are separate and so it will forever be. The summer people made sure that the land of mysts was forbidden, and any creature that came out of it into the land of light was punished most severely.

Ha! What a load of fish tripe! Of course, the Cyndarans have a version of the story that is quite different than anything a spoiled, vain Sumennan would tell:
In the beginning there was darkness, but of it there was not one being sleeping in the dark, there were two. Summrbrynde was the older brother, and he was harsh, and he was arrogant, and his sister Cyndabrynde was sweet, and she was gentle. She was the Mother of Spring. Summrbrynde thought his sister weak for her compassion and her mercy, so he made a world scorched by harsh light, in which Cynda had no wish to go. Cynda made a world for her children, the creatures of the myst away from the burning eye of her brother. Where his people grew spoiled and quarrelsome, Cynda’s people embraced the tranquility of the mysts and grew harmonious. They did not prize physical beauty as the summer people did, but beauty of the heart, and so the two peoples learned to distrust one another and divided themselves.

This is a story about prejudice, about vanity and about humility. It is about two peoples: one who thought themselves the highest of all beings, the other wishing only for peace away from the land of light. The people of Sumenna are elegant, beautiful, they are the light fairies, the high elves, the humans, perfect in their forms and perfect in their magics. The Cyndarans are thought to always be ugly, they are the imperfects, the satyrs, dark faeries, the wood elves, trolls, orcs, ogres and skin changers, but are the two peoples really so different? Do they not both have hearts? Dreams? Cannot both fall to vices? Or else rise to love?

The Story

A Sumennan scholar, alone in the oldest archives of her people stumbled across and ancient scroll: The scroll contained a cryptic prophecy, predicting a great war between the people of night, and those of day. Frightened by this discovery she told the eight houses, who put their bickering aside and came together to discuss strategies for averting this disaster, or else gaining the upper hand so the Sumennans would be the victors. They decided to send some of their people into the mystlands, to brave the ‘savage and hideous’ creatures of the night and to uncover proof that the Cyndarans meant to invade. The people of the mysts however know nothing of the prophecy, or of the infiltrators about to trespass on their land…

Please read the updates in the lore section to find out what has happened so far.

Fantasy - Setting Summer Dawn - Lore

Fantasy - Setting Summer Dawn - Guidelines & Characters

Fantasy - Setting Summer Dawn - OOC

Setting Summer Dawn - detailed medieval fantasy

Last edited:
This is a neat idea! I'd like to look more into it when I can. However, I'm afraid I'll be unavailable until at least the 18th (I have thesis drafts due). But after that, I'd love to take a look!

This is a neat idea! I'd like to look more into it when I can. However, I'm afraid I'll be unavailable until at least the 18th (I have thesis drafts due). But after that, I'd love to take a look!
Same actually. I will start character acceptance this coming week but I wasn't going to start the thread until the weekend.

I'm super interested if you have space!!

Same actually. I will start character acceptance this coming week but I wasn't going to start the thread until the weekend.
Okay, cool. I may be able to get at least a simple sheet up and work on it as I have time. I'll be brainstorming in the meantime.
I'm thinking of some sort of fae from the Mystlands, something mostly just mischievous and playful, but with something of a dark side. Not really evil, I don't think, but cold perhaps? I'm thinking of the conception of the Fair Folk, or whatever you like to call them. I'll probably be thumbing through my book of old fairy tales and do a reread of "The Stolen Child". Actually, I think I'd like to do a character based on that poem. It's lovely...

Anyway, I'll do my best to keep you updated. (:

Cyndarans are really interesting and I got a few ideas, wandering tribes who use shadow as a means to be 'one' with the forests they hunt in; maybe some tribe drama will be fun. Slowly breaking down and crumbling underneath a hierarchy that is no longer relevant. c:

So many ideas! I'd be happy to work with anyone who may be creating a Cyndaran.

Last edited:
Awesome! Maybe our characters will be able to have a history of sorts together.
Sure, we can brainstorm if you want ^^ Im thinking of a magic user currently -- maybe a cleric if something of the sort exists

Sure, we can brainstorm if you want ^^ Im thinking of a magic user currently -- maybe a cleric if something of the sort exists

A cleric huh? That’ll be interesting to see in such a world. I was thinking of making a High Elf. But I’m contemplating whether he should use magic or not. I know it’s typical for elves to be proficient in magic, but I think a sword might better suit the character I have in mind.

A cleric huh? That’ll be interesting to see in such a world. I was thinking of making a High Elf. But I’m contemplating whether he should use magic or not. I know it’s typical for elves to be proficient in magic, but I think a sword might better suit the character I have in mind.
Y'see I'm kinda stuck between making a human or an elf, although i suppose half-elves must exist in some form. But yeah a religious healer would always be good for drama so there can be lapse in faith for her and all that good future character development

Religious characters and drama go hand-in-hand lol. I think a half elf would be perfect for the role, if they exist.

Cyndarans are really interesting and I got a few ideas, wandering tribes who use shadow as a means to be 'one' with the forests they hunt in; maybe some tribe drama will be fun. Slowly breaking down and crumbling underneath a hierarchy that is no longer relevant. c:

So many ideas! I'd be happy to work with anyone who may be creating a Cyndaran.
My character will be a Cyndaran, we could collab for sure.

Okay, cool. I may be able to get at least a simple sheet up and work on it as I have time. I'll be brainstorming in the meantime.
I'm thinking of some sort of fae from the Mystlands, something mostly just mischievous and playful, but with something of a dark side. Not really evil, I don't think, but cold perhaps? I'm thinking of the conception of the Fair Folk, or whatever you like to call them. I'll probably be thumbing through my book of old fairy tales and do a reread of "The Stolen Child". Actually, I think I'd like to do a character based on that poem. It's lovely...

Anyway, I'll do my best to keep you updated. (:
The fair folk are exactly what I was thinking about when I started designing the Cyndarans. They're the people of the woods, attuned to nature, while the Sumennans are more for cultivating the world and making the land work for them.

Woo! I've already got a faceclaim and everything. I am p r e p a r e d

Users who are viewing this thread

Back