seriously?

Soma Fel

Ohhhh Yeah!
It's sad almost every new RP thread I put up is ignored....i just want to lead a RP is that to much to ask? I have some cool ideas and nobody seems to notice.....

Make sure you actually put work into your overview section and make it look nice. I dunno what kind of RP's you're making but a well fleshed-out setting is key. Going to the overview page and just seeing a short paragraph of vague exposition will instantly turn me away. Also, including pictures makes a long description look less intimidating so try to put those in as well. You have to make your RP look appealing to other people. (also consider interest checks to make sure people have an interest in your RP in the first place)

"I just want to run an RP" *IS* a lot to ask, friend -- you are asking strangers to put faith and creative energy into something.

Take a deep breath and remind yourself of the gravity and seriousness that goes into a good game... And you want it to be good, right?

Once you have that attitude, your invitations may have higher gravity. From the first day I got to this forum I saw was an awesome tool and resource I had at my disposal and I was determined to leverage that to make something special.

As a result I had several replies to my first interest check, my very first RP has been going strong for months now, and new players have stepped up readily as others have fallen aside.

You can do it! You will prevail! Just make sure other people know youre taking things seriously!

I love what @Beckoncall said. It is 100% true. Because you are not asking me to come be some NPC plug in your story.

You are asking me to believe in your vision. To be apart of something amazing. I need to feel what you felt when you wrote the story.

Even more importantly, I need to feel so apart of what you are creating that I can envision a character in your role play as I am reading the overview. I want to be inspired by confidence from both the writer and their story.

They are asking me to take a piece of myself, however small, and mold it into a playable character in their story. I love all my characters no matter how tiny of a role they play. That being said, I want to feel confident that my GM is going to take care of my character. Even if that means that for the sake of the story, my little character falls into a boiling lake of lava.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back