• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Senses

snakeyem12

RP obsessed
As with most, our story starts with a group of friends. Admittedly they probably aren't the most normal group of friends, in fact they're mainly just a group of outcasts, grouped together for the sake of having someone as a friend. This unusual group of friends are made 'slightly' more unusual when they start finding they have certain powers. These go unmentioned at first, as even in the group of strange people, things like this don't seem like something you should mention. But people struggle to keep it to themselves for long, and quickly this group of friends are going around school, screwing around a lot and generally messing with people.

So I don't have a particular plot for this, as is probably evident, but at the moment I just want to check interest in this idea. We would probably just have some fun messing around with powers, building a plot ourselves. I would like active people who can preferably post twice per week at least, (although I can guarantee that I will be responding within a day if you talk to me) and would like this roleplay to be the one below detailed, I can never remember if this is simple or casual. What I mean when I say that is I want as much as you feel like writing, if you get into it properly then please write a lot, but if you're having a conversation and want to actually continue, and you really can't without a reply, feel free to be short. Just please also include some thoughts or something, for better character development and to lengthen it a bit.

The powers would be based on controlling their own senses, with lots of control over them. This means that going be the system I'm using, there will be four or eight people in our friend group. A basic explanation of what I think of for the powers, although you can go a different way with it if you think it's fun,

Sight: Sharper vision, more vivid colours, can choose to see x-ray or infra-red or ultra-violet

Hearing: Changing volume, changing pitch they can hear, and as it's tied in with ears, changing balance

Touch: Changing ability to feel pain, can make yourself more sensitive to heat.

Smell and taste (I'm one of these people): These are together as they aren't great really, although I think I can have done fun with it. You can make these stronger or weaker, taste you can block certain taste buds, smell can be very good for knowing where people have been.

These can all be changed to be how you want them, and I just think it could be a bit of fun. And obviously we could build on proper characters because I'm really not a fan of John Doe's. Preferably I'd want the same amount of people with each sense, but obviously if there's six other people interested I won't refuse to do it, I'd just prefer it even-ish. If there's three for one sense and none for another, that wouldn't be great, but anyway, just generally what does everyone think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back