Advice/Help Semi-Cinematic Horror Game-Inspired RP

Squad141

The Purple Soul
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I've been thinking about doing smaller-scale RPs based on/inspired by various horror games, like Spooky's Jumpscare Mansion, Ib, Detention, Puppet Combo, etc. and I've been wondering what the general interest in that kind of story would be.

I messaged a person who wanted to do a horror game not too long ago with this:

"Here's my pitch - we set up a group of kids in a cabin somewhere in a forest, then have a Jason-esque serial killer arrive - kids scatter, and then we take turns going back and forth killing them off in the most over the top horror movie ways we can manage. What do you think?"

No reply. I'm sure there's interest though.

Having run a Silent Hill RP in the past, I can tell you that you won't always find people who are familiar with the games you want to base the roleplay off of. However, there are lots of people on this website who like to roleplay horror as it's not too common of a genre. Try to detail your roleplays so that someone not familiar with the source material could still participate. Also make sure to mention that people who haven't played the games are welcome. That way you get both fans of the game as well as others!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back