• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Segregated|•|OPEN|•|

Tice

One Thousand Club
The Year Is 1963, the protests of Martin Luther King Jr. Are swaying the nation, and times are changing.

This particular roleplay focuses on the white versus black conflict of the 60's (TRIGGER WARNING), and the results of the actions. This roleplay is focused a good deal on YOUR character's morals and the consequences of their actions. Be it black, white, green or blue, your character will be affected by the events going on. There will be (TRIGGER WARNING 2.0) Ku Klux Klan activity, riots of both ends of the spectrum, gang violence, and the crime that the main backdrop, New York City, is infamous for.

To be clear, this roleplay and your character's actions will not be a representation of the REAL you. The requirements are simple.

• Literacy. Grammar and punctuation so that I can decipher a sentence. Mistakes happen, but I shouldn't need a cipher key to figure out a garbled message.
  • Realism. If your character is a major advocate for racism, they will not turn on a dime and become a peaceloving protestor. And, since this entails a good deal of conflict both against your character and around them, you are not Jackie Chan, and cannot take on a big 'ol group. Do not insinuate gang violence unless you yourself have made a gang member as a character.
  • Post length. Not the biggest issue since a good deal of dialogue will occur, but try for a bit of detail. Think of a book and how it describes different things in the setting.
  • And please, try not to target bigotry OOC. Self explanatory.

Well, that'll about do it. The thread will be made once interest peaks up.

Interested. Though it's a bit of a touchy subject and time period it could make an interesting storyline

Yeah, I created it knowing it would be a bit...well warranted for more than one trigger warning. I could've put more, but I'd just be repeating history books.

Very interested. I'll be getting a character up

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back