• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern "Seelöwe" - A WWII Alternate History RP

Darth

spacefaring vagrant
It is September 1940...
The combined might of the German armed forces; the Wehrmacht, Luftwaffe, and Kriegsmarine, launch a simultaneous assault on the shores of southern England; codenamed: "Operation Sealion". With the creation of the "Oberkommando der Streitkräfte," the German military collaborates on a scale unseen since the war began. Hitler and his high command, against their better judgment, decided against a campaign into Russia. They believed their land forces would be unable to find a foothold before the winter cold froze the advance. That being said, German High Command then made good on their plans to eliminate the last Allied bastion in the West: Great Britain.

Hello! I'm a sucker for history and more so for alt-history stuff.

That being said, this roleplay will be a realistic, alternate history RP. It focuses on an alternate timeline where Nazi Germany actually invades the British Isles in the fall of 1940.

I've altered some of the previous events as well to make the event more plausible; such as the Germans refusing an invasion into Russia, or the U.S. not lending support to the British. The RP will begin on the eve of the invasion, with German troops waiting for the order to cross the channel and the Brits sitting idly in their hastily-prepared defenses.

Your roles will be that of the German invasion forces, from the lowly grunts to elite paratroops. I will act as German High Command and give orders that advance the campaign. I will also write moderation posts with accounts of events, news, and other things alike.

Do note that this RP is intended to be realistic; I wanted to try and capture the grim outlook of World War II and put a cool alt-history twist to it.

I have fleshed out the story a bit more if there are any questions.
So, anyone interested?

Last edited:
Sure thing! Fallshirmjager I presume?
Well i was thinking they would somewhat be the jacks of all trades. They would be able to perform in mostly any scenario and act less in the front of battle but be the ones to perform missions behind enemy lines or in the areas too dangerous for usual soldiers. They would have started out as Panzergrenadiere, much alike the Division Totenkopf.

Well i was thinking they would somewhat be the jacks of all trades. They would be able to perform in mostly any scenario and act less in the front of battle but be the ones to perform missions behind enemy lines or in the areas too dangerous for usual soldiers. They would have started out as Panzergrenadiere, much alike the Division Totenkopf.

Well, from what I'm familiar with the Fallshirmjagers could be capable of what you're describing.

But yes, Waffen SS Panergrenadiers are very welcome.

I'm a little bit of a WWII buff and I'd love to join this roleplay! I'm not too familiar with the Axis forces but I'm sure it will work out just fine. Not sure what unit I'd like to be a part of yet. =)

I'm a little bit of a WWII buff and I'd love to join this roleplay! I'm not too familiar with the Axis forces but I'm sure it will work out just fine. Not sure what unit I'd like to be a part of yet. =)

Cool! Happy to have you onboard.

And don't worry about the units just yet, I'll get every thing set up.

I’m down if you need me? I would probably pick being part of a panzer tank unit. (Sorry not very familiar with the German terms) I am all about WWII

Ooh, I haven't played as a German in a WWII scenario in a while, (I'm usually more out there playing as a Gurkha for the British or something more out there) but this would be fun to spread the wings a bit, especially going the Fallschirmjager route, and especially since this is a scenario where I would imagine they would be able to remain paratroopers which was their original purpose and being an elite unit at that, (besides a bit tired of doing elite Waffen SS unit shtick) so I am definitely on board. Haven't seen a concept like this in a while.

I’m down if you need me? I would probably pick being part of a panzer tank unit. (Sorry not very familiar with the German terms) I am all about WWII

Awesome! A Panzer crewman is very welcome.
Also, it's cool if you're not familiar with German terms.

Ooh, I haven't played as a German in a WWII scenario in a while, (I'm usually more out there playing as a Gurkha for the British or something more out there) but this would be fun to spread the wings a bit, especially going the Fallschirmjager route, and especially since this is a scenario where I would imagine they would be able to remain paratroopers which was their original purpose and being an elite unit at that, (besides a bit tired of doing elite Waffen SS unit shtick) so I am definitely on board. Haven't seen a concept like this in a while.

Good to have you!

Looks like we have a good amount of people; Panzer Grenadiers, Fallshirmjagers, and Panzer Crewmen. I like it!

The CS will be posted soon.

Is your character gonna be a commanding officer as well? Would surely be interesting to have three high rank officers that somewhat have to work together.

I'm having a difficult time to choose the role I want to play. It's currently between Scharfschütze, MG-Schütze and Unteroffizer in the 18th Infanterie Division.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back