• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Seeking male character/doubles for 1x1 roleplay

DearestEnemy

New Recruit
Hey all,

So, as the title states, I'm searching for a male character to pair with my female character for a 1x1 roleplay. It's been a while since I've been on this site but I have a craving for a story and am hoping to find someone who is up for creating something together. If you're interested, please find more information below.

The characters:
  • The Mage (M) - You
  • The Apprentice (F) - Me

The plot:
The setting will be medieval fantasy. Your character is a widely renowned magician who has taken an apprentice under his wing to train and help develop her magical abilities. Perhaps she was the one to seek him out having heard how talented he was, or perhaps the found eachother some other way and he agreed to teach her what he could. I imagine they have a little shop where they sell charms and potions, or offer healing services and salves to get them by. The focus would mainly be on the apprentice learning all she can and assisting the mage in whatever he needs. Perhaps their aid is enlisted by nearby royalty to deal with some issue and they must pack up and leave to take it on. Maybe the apprentice and the mage were always together and she was once just as talented as he was, but something happened to cause the apprentice to lose her abilities (and memory?) and she must learn everything all over again. Romance is not required but is welcome. I'd like this to be a rather lighthearted story when there's no immediate danger or drama.

The mage can be human or elven or even be able to shift into some other form if you like but I'd rather that that's kept to a minimum and most of the interactions take place while he's humanoid lol. If you want him to have some familiar he can communicate with, that's cool too. The apprentice will be human.

As you can see it is a very loose idea and completely open ended so I'd love to hear your own ideas. I'm happy to double up with another set of characters doing their own thing or being involved directly with the mage and the apprentice.

A couple of things to note:
  • I write in third person, past tense and would like a partner who writes the same way.
  • I will provide at 3+ paragraphs per post and would like a partner who can match that. Granted there are times where less is more.
  • Casual to advance writers please :)
  • It's not an issue if you suddenly drop the roleplay or take leave of absence without warning. Life happens, people lose interest. This is a hobby. We all have things going on in the real world.
  • I'd love to do some plotting with a potential partner and tweak the story until we're happy with it. Please bring up any ideas or elements of your own that you'd like to include.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back